RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWeBrokeTheBaby: Part 11

Unread post by RaginaPhalanges »

Rkp65i wrote:
RaginaPhalanges wrote:Kyra did baby led weaning with Levi right? We did BLW with our daughter. There are a lot of foods she was able to chew before other children her age could. BUT she's only two. Some days she eats fine and some days she shoves six pieces of broccoli in her mouth. You can't trust them, and you can't act like they won't ever choke. They're still learning. I cut her grapes in half (long ways twice), her blue berries, her broccoli, really anything. Even with me doing that she has still choked once before, and it was the scariest moment of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think some parents think that BLW means you dont have to cut any food. They can still choke. It drives me nuts watching them feed Levi.
Yeah you're right about that.

5678Jade
Talker
Talker

OKWeBrokeTheBaby: Part 11

Unread post by 5678Jade »

andreadlgarza98 wrote:I GIVE NO FCKS THEY ARE LAZY THEY DONT HACE NOTHING TO DO BUT TO TAKE CARE OF A TODDLER AND A BABY WHICH MAY SEEMS HARD BUT CMON THEY STAY JOME ALL DAY KYRA COULD HAVE BEEN EDITING IN THE CAR AND UPLOADED RIGHT WHEN THEY GET TO THE DESTINATION BUT NO [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 9e558a.png[/img]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure Oscar doesn't want Kyra to edit, especially with there being montages (there always is on their road trips) since that's his favorite part of editing, also since he doesn't like her way of editing and most things have to be his way. They're pretty much traveling for the next 6 weeks so they'll be very behind again. It's to be expected.

Last edited by 5678Jade on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

It is seriously so ridiculous how careless they are about THEIR JOB. They are living good and all they have to do I record themselves and then stitch together a video and post it. Why is that so hard for them???

5678Jade
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 5678Jade »

teddyandmommy wrote:It is seriously so ridiculous how careless they are about THEIR JOB. They are living good and all they have to do I record themselves and then stitch together a video and post it. Why is that so hard for them???

It's sad. Khoa works, records, does the editing, and uploads on time. There's no reason for O&K to be late on vlogs if Khoa is able to do it on time.

teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

5678Jade wrote:
teddyandmommy wrote:It is seriously so ridiculous how careless they are about THEIR JOB. They are living good and all they have to do I record themselves and then stitch together a video and post it. Why is that so hard for them???

It's sad. Khoa works, records, does the editing, and uploads on time. There's no reason for O&K to be late on vlogs if Khoa is able to do it on time.

Exactly!! Oscar has been doing this for around 2 years and still doesn't have the hang of it. Like, how. If it's that hard then they need to do every other day or something.

Notachild
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Notachild »

The girl can't spell.
Amanda-L
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Amanda-L »

Oscar and Kyra are the type of people who think safety warnings don't apply to them. They have it in their heads that because Levi has teeth he can chew food and not choke on it. Maybe he won't, but why even take the risk? How difficult is it to slice a few grapes up? Why would you not want to be on the safer side knowing how many kids have died from choking whilst eating them?

I did baby led weaning with my daughter too, but I still made sure everything was cut up into portions small enough for her. Baby led weaning doesn't mean you can toss your child adult-sized pieces of food and let them go to town on it. They definitely did the whole thing wrong and it used to make me nervous watching Levi struggle with a mouth full of food while they just stood back and laughed at him. My kid's almost 3 and I still make sure I cut up certain foods for her. It's my job to keep her safe and that means not letting her ram food into her mouth like there's no tomorrow.
Last edited by Amanda-L on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

5678Jade wrote:It's sad. Khoa works, records, does the editing, and uploads on time. There's no reason for O&K to be late on vlogs if Khoa is able to do it on time.

I think it's because Khoa has passion and drive. I believe it was Kyra's idea to start a YouTube channel and I'm pretty sure she was the one who edited and uploaded before Oscar quit his job. I'm not really sure why Oscar decided to take it over. Maybe because Kyra lost interest after she had Levi and was experiencing ppd so Oscar was forced to take over? That was also when they were struggling to pay bills so they didn't have extra money for all these new toys they have now like Oscar's obvious obsession with video games. He really seems like he has changed the most since they fell into all this YT money. I know they only show us a VERY SMALL portion of their day but he just seems so checked out. Like he really didn't think he would be at this point (2 kids) so young. Remember he was buying Kyra flowers all the time and I'm sure if he's done it recently she would have posted about it instead about all their fights. I don't know, it def feels like their relationship has just about run its course. It's sad.

Back to the daily vlogging,how hard is it to upload a 9-10 min clip of your day? I could maybe understand them getting behind if they were still uploading 20+ min vlogs but they have literally gotten short and basic! Honestly, they make enough money maybe they should just hire someone to edit and upload their footage for them. At least they could be able to call themselves daily vloggers again. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer

Oscar edits because he supposedly loves to do it. I know he gets offended when people say they prefer Kyra's editing over his, which I would probably get a little offended too. But if I were Oscar I would realize that YT is my "job." If my subscribers liked Kyra's editing over mine then I would step back and let her take it over. Because those subscribers views are what pay my bills. They would probably get more views then they already do if Kyra took over editing 100%.

prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by prbeca »

Isn't this Oscar's sisters? So they're in LA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

So many YT parents think their kids are invincible, and I would have expected OK to at least know better. Smh. Kids can choke just as easily as adults can. Heck, TODAY, I was eating dinner in the caf at my university and one of the adult workers was coughing after eating his food too fast. I was within talking distance from him, so I asked if he was ok, and he was able to talk and said he was fine, and kept coughing until the food was clear from his airways. I was terrified because, even though I am CPR/First Aid certified (I was actually certified twice within the past year because my summer job wouldn't take my certification from my job as an RA), being in the position where you have to help is always a scary experience.

On another OK note (and I know I'm behind, as usual), I feel bad for them now that Alaya is diagnosed with colic. I really hope this doesn't take away the attention they should be giving Levi when he's eating.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

RaginaPhalanges wrote:Kyra did baby led weaning with Levi right? We did BLW with our daughter. There are a lot of foods she was able to chew before other children her age could. BUT she's only two. Some days she eats fine and some days she shoves six pieces of broccoli in her mouth. You can't trust them, and you can't act like they won't ever choke. They're still learning. I cut her grapes in half (long ways twice), her blue berries, her broccoli, really anything. Even with me doing that she has still choked once before, and it was the scariest moment of my life.

no offense to people who do BLW, but i just dont get the point. To me the risks outweigh the benefits..like kids will all learn to eat so who cares if you cut things up and mash them for a longer time esp when first introducing solids? i'd rather do that then have my baby choke and potentially have to do cpr or have them die.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

vonniebeth wrote:So many YT parents think their kids are invincible, and I would have expected OK to at least know better. Smh. Kids can choke just as easily as adults can. Heck, TODAY, I was eating dinner in the caf at my university and one of the adult workers was coughing after eating his food too fast. I was within talking distance from him, so I asked if he was ok, and he was able to talk and said he was fine, and kept coughing until the food was clear from his airways. I was terrified because, even though I am CPR/First Aid certified (I was actually certified twice within the past year because my summer job wouldn't take my certification from my job as an RA), being in the position where you have to help is always a scary experience.

On another OK note (and I know I'm behind, as usual), I feel bad for them now that Alaya is diagnosed with colic. I really hope this doesn't take away the attention they should be giving Levi when he's eating.
they've never given levi attention when he was eating and now plop him in front of cartoons like KK does with jackson, so even less attention.
RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer

OKWeBrokeTheBaby: Part 11

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:

no offense to people who do BLW, but i just dont get the point. To me the risks outweigh the benefits..like kids will all learn to eat so who cares if you cut things up and mash them for a longer time esp when first introducing solids? i'd rather do that then have my baby choke and potentially have to do cpr or have them die.
Only do BLW if you're comfortable with it. You have to trust that your baby is learning. If you're sitting their scared they're going to choke the whole time then BLW is not for you. Gagging does not mean choking though. A baby's gag reflex starts in the middle of their tongue and works its way back as it gets older. So they gag more than children and adults.

If you do it correctly it isn't bad. You don't throw your kid a steak at 6 months and say have at it. You start with food they can easily mash up (avocados and bananas) and make your way up to things that require more chewing. My daughter wasn't introduced to meat until she had molars. She wasn't ready for meat before then and I knew it. BLW teaches babies how to safely handle food. They learn to chew then swallow. They learn about different tastes and textures. It's great for their motor skills because they're learning to pick up food and bring it to their mouths. BLW introduces them to a huge variety of healthier foods earlier on, so they're more likely to continue to like those same foods later. Again, BLW is not for everyone, but if you do your research before hand (as you should for everything) you'll find out that it's not as big bad and scary as some think.

RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer

I misspelled there and it's bothering me

teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

NEWBORN GOES TO URGENT CARE

Bonjour bugamigos!

Oscar is taking Alaya to urgent care because she doesn't feel good.

2 days ago Alaya's pee started smelling really bad, was brushed off. Then she started having bad diarrhea, also brushed off. This day she was fussier than normal and threw up three times. Called the doctor and doctor says it may be a uti.

Kyra is home with Levi and packing. Blabbing on about the new suitcases and trips planned.

Alaya is now 11lbs. No fever. Oxygen levels are good. Doctor says she is fine. Could just be vaccination symptoms.

Leaving Levi in the bathroom alone with the bathwater running.

Oscar showed a day old unicorn drink from Starbucks that she put in the fridge even though she didn't like it?

Levi hugging Alaya. They are going to LA. Oscar rode his boosted to the store to pick up food for him and Levi for the trip. Kyra is eating leftover pizza on the trip. Oscar let a guy try out his board.

wolfybutt
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by wolfybutt »

I know it's been mentioned before, but why tf do they leave Levi alone during his bath..? Wtf anything can happen

Alpachichi123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Alpachichi123 »

Um did anyone notice the bug crawling on Levi's crib when they put him to bed in the last vlog?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Umm why was oscar bringing the baby to urgent care if Kiera is the one who primarily takes care of her, wouldn't she be better to answer questions about her! And I'm sorry if my child's pee smelled funny I would be bringing them in.

jasmine8p
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jasmine8p »

Alpachichi123 wrote:Um did anyone notice the bug crawling on Levi's crib when they put him to bed in the last vlog?
I think that is just bite marks on the crib.

Return to “OKBaby”