Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and katie : Moving On Up. Part #10

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

My first post. Hello dear people, I am happy to meet you. I would like to express how much I appreciate this forum, your way of formulating, expressing your thoughts and feelings and your insights. I've really been appreciating and enjoying reading here for about the last half year. On a side note, I felt supported and relieved by reading similar views more than I would have expected by reading alone.

I'm glad to have an excuse to share my first post in here, my favorite section of the forum: the Cullen and Katie department ;). Although people post across the board, even the fora of different channels seem to attract slightly different type of people or different type of conversations.

So...I would like to share my dream home.

It is $634,000, 6 beds, 5.5 baths, 8000+ square feet, Zestimate of $800,000+, 8 car spots, pool (check), same 'forestry feel' at the end of the garden (detail). It has stature, notice even marble stairs on portal/front door, but a different type than Katie seeks I think, and a different feel altogether, it is not the house she was dreaming of as child imo. Cullen on the other hand...I see him totally buying this house lol, and recognizing the "potential" it has (his new favorite word) for boosting their channel. It arrived on the market only 2 days after they sold their house and clinched the deal with their new home. It is in an exclusive neighborhood of their town, built just a year earlier than their new home (if "we" - if I may say "we" - are correct). It is TRULY immediately ready to move in, it even has their own new built-in counter-top, it is filming-perfect, may I repeat per_fection for YT, it even contains their golden shower door they love so much ;), and the nearby middle school is called Berry! O my goodness gracious, how I wish either they or I would have bought this house! <3 (The first time I saw this house, the very day it appeared on Zillow, and I was talking to Katie and Cullen in my mind, one of the things I said to them was <--- the above expression <---)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Welcome! I know "newbies" haven't felt so welcome the last couple of days. But I enjoy new posters and like to see new opinions. Except for the ones who come in and yell at us for being haters of course-- don't like them. Any ragging on new posters I have done in the last couple of days has been aimed at people who just come on to hear about the new house.
Anyway, that house is beautiful! 8,000 square feet is crazy! But I can see your point. Katie would love it. I also like looking at real estate and seeing which house I think vloggers should buy, or what I would buy if I had the money.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

They hired a painter and a "grass guy". My guess is the painter is painting their house right now, and the house will be finished when they move in next week. I wonder what the grass guy is going to do though, laying or cutting grass?
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

lovingthisforum wrote:They hired a painter and a "grass guy". My guess is the painter is painting their house right now, and the house will be finished when they move in next week. I wonder what the grass guy is going to do though, laying or cutting grass?
Welcome! The home you shared is gorgeous!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lovingthisforum wrote:They hired a painter and a "grass guy". My guess is the painter is painting their house right now, and the house will be finished when they move in next week. I wonder what the grass guy is going to do though, laying or cutting grass?
It might mean they called the service they use and had their lawncare service switched to the new home?
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Personal: my parents had a house on a golf course when I was in preschool. I used to collect all of the golf balls that got hit into our yard (never had a broken window!) and scrub them clean and sell them to golfers on the golf course. I'm 90% sure they just bought them from me because I was a cute/sweet kid (like all kids that age are) and maybe the other 10% was because they actually wanted to buy them. But it was a fun summer activity and I thought living on the course was nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

formerctfxcer wrote:Personal: my parents had a house on a golf course when I was in preschool. I used to collect all of the golf balls that got hit into our yard (never had a broken window!) and scrub them clean and sell them to golfers on the golf course. I'm 90% sure they just bought them from me because I was a cute/sweet kid (like all kids that age are) and maybe the other 10% was because they actually wanted to buy them. But it was a fun summer activity and I thought living on the course was nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We had the same, but never sold them. My parents just collected them in a bucket and put them at our back gate for people to take if they wanted. We had SO MANY, no broken windows but tons of pops on the roof. Never got used to it haha. Not sure about the one where they live but ours had a nice walking path around the course too that was nice to walk at night. Hopefully they make use of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Thanks for the clarification. Appreciate your efforts, Kryptonite!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Found their house...wow, that's a lot of gold! Looking at the pictures, made me think of the song "All Star" from Shrek. You know, "All that glitters is gold--". I know everyone's taste is different, but that black tile in the master bath ( I assume), no thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thegoatsmeow

Unread post by Thegoatsmeow »

I didn't realize houses were literally on a golf course! Wouldn't that get annoying watching people golf all the time? To each their own I guess haha

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Can you really see the course from the new house? I know Jay and Kelly have a huge backyard and you can't even see the golf course.
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

lovingthisforum wrote:My first post. Hello dear people, I am happy to meet you. I would like to express how much I appreciate this forum, your way of formulating, expressing your thoughts and feelings and your insights. I've really been appreciating and enjoying reading here for about the last half year. On a side note, I felt supported and relieved by reading similar views more than I would have expected by reading alone.

I'm glad to have an excuse to share my first post in here, my favorite section of the forum: the Cullen and Katie department ;). Although people post across the board, even the fora of different channels seem to attract slightly different type of people or different type of conversations.

It is $634,000, 6 beds, 5.5 baths, 8000+ square feet, Zestimate of $800,000+, 8 car spots, pool (check), same 'forestry feel' at the end of the garden (detail). It has stature, notice even marble stairs on portal/front door, but a different type than Katie seeks I think, and a different feel altogether, it is not the house she was dreaming of as child imo. Cullen on the other hand...I see him totally buying this house lol, and recognizing the "potential" it has (his new favorite word) for boosting their channel. It arrived on the market only 2 days after they sold their house and clinched the deal with their new home. It is in an exclusive neighborhood of their town, built just a year earlier than their new home (if "we" - if I may say "we" - are correct). It is TRULY immediately ready to move in, it even has their own new built-in counter-top, it is filming-perfect, may I repeat per_fection for YT, it even contains their golden shower door they love so much ;), and the nearby middle school is called Berry! O my goodness gracious, how I wish either they or I would have bought this house! <3 (The first time I saw this house, the very day it appeared on Zillow, and I was talking to Katie and Cullen in my mind, one of the things I said to them was <--- the above expression <---)

This is the same house I was referring to a few days ago. They would have gotten so much more for their money with this house. 8,000 sq ft is A LOT of space though. I still don't understand why they would pay $650k for the house my Kelly and jay (if that is the house they bought)
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

lovingthisforum wrote:My first post. Hello dear people, I am happy to meet you. I would like to express how much I appreciate this forum, your way of formulating, expressing your thoughts and feelings and your insights. I've really been appreciating and enjoying reading here for about the last half year. On a side note, I felt supported and relieved by reading similar views more than I would have expected by reading alone.

I've never liked homes with that railing upstairs that looks down into a living area/"great room", one because it would make me so nervous that a child (or Cullen and Jay, ha) would try to go over the railing. Also, I wouldn't like the feeling that someone could be looking down at me in the living room whenever. What if I wanted to pick my nose in private, etc.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Seeing a house have old fixtures or furnishing would say it fits with the golf course home owners which are older. The privacy would also be a big issue living on a fairway. You have mowers out early grooming the course and golf carts spinning down the path. You can hear golfers talking and golf balls flying in your backyard. I would be interested in the HOA covenants too, for example do they allow you having all the things you might see kids play with in a family backyard? Blow up slides, swing sets the list goes on. I image there is not a lot of give on these HOA rules too. If CK or JK were out there playing golf every weekend, I could see this purchase more in line they would join the club and have the convenience to golf right outside their doors. Instead you hear in their vlog "it doesn't have a pool."
pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

Thegoatsmeow wrote:I didn't realize houses were literally on a golf course! Wouldn't that get annoying watching people golf all the time? To each their own I guess haha

Nah, its actually quite enjoyable to watch and criticize golfers :D especially in summer, we have a grove of trees and one specific tree is used as an open air urinal, it's right across from our living room and kitchen windows in the backyard... fun times :? Can't wait till we move this summer.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

pibachka wrote:
Thegoatsmeow wrote:I didn't realize houses were literally on a golf course! Wouldn't that get annoying watching people golf all the time? To each their own I guess haha

Nah, its actually quite enjoyable to watch and criticize golfers :D especially in summer, we have a grove of trees and one specific tree is used as an open air urinal, it's right across from our living room and kitchen windows in the backyard... fun times :? Can't wait till we move this summer.
That is not a good thing.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

They probably love that it's on a golf course. Status symbol and all...
pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

Sarai wrote:They probably love that it's on a golf course. Status symbol and all...
Based on what I've seen from their vlogs, I have to disagree. It seems like they chose that location solely for convenience. Living on the same street as your sister and your friend is very convenient. Anytime you run out of milk, go on vacation, need someone to watch your child for 5 minutes or want someone to hang out with or exercise with, you will have that convenience at your disposal.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

It was precious seeing Gaines and Katie reading those books, I can see Gaines as a young adult looking back at these vlogs and realizing she was the richest out of all of these daily vloggers (not with money but with an amazing family) Gaines and Brooks are loved, their parents pay attention to them, don't favor one over the other, don't shove them in a playroom with the tv on constantly etc.
On another note, I would rather have a neighborhood pool over one in the backyard, even if the kids knew how to swim, I would still be paranoid and would feel safer sending them out to play without a pool.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

thenightowl wrote:It was precious seeing Gaines and Katie reading those books, I can see Gaines as a young adult looking back at these vlogs and realizing she was the richest out of all of these daily vloggers (not with money but with an amazing family) Gaines and Brooks are loved, their parents pay attention to them, don't favor one over the other, don't shove them in a playroom with the tv on constantly etc.
That scene was beyond textbook on how to raise a child and simply beautiful to watch. A lot of vlogger parents (and non vlogger for that matter) could learn a thing or two from it.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “Cullen and Katie”