Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and katie : Moving On Up. Part #10

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

auntasaurus19 wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:They hired a painter and a "grass guy". My guess is the painter is painting their house right now, and the house will be finished when they move in next week. I wonder what the grass guy is going to do though, laying or cutting grass?
Welcome! The home you shared is gorgeous!
Thank you for your warm welcome! I know right :love2:
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

pibachka wrote:
Sarai wrote:They probably love that it's on a golf course. Status symbol and all...
Based on what I've seen from their vlogs, I have to disagree. It seems like they chose that location solely for convenience. Living on the same street as your sister and your friend is very convenient. Anytime you run out of milk, go on vacation, need someone to watch your child for 5 minutes or want someone to hang out with or exercise with, you will have that convenience at your disposal.
You have two stay at home parents so you don't need someone to watch your children to run for milk and I would think Kelly is busy with three kids. I am not convinced living close to a sibling is such a good thing.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

pibachka wrote: Based on what I've seen from their vlogs, I have to disagree. It seems like they chose that location solely for convenience. Living on the same street as your sister and your friend is very convenient. Anytime you run out of milk, go on vacation, need someone to watch your child for 5 minutes or want someone to hang out with or exercise with, you will have that convenience at your disposal.
I really doubt it was for convenience. They both stay at home, and were fine not living near Kelly & Jay before. I'm sure living down the street from her sister was a huge plus, but Katie grew up wealthy, she wants that country club life. In my opinion, it's more about being on her sister's level.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

I'm wondering if Katie's parents haven't purchased the new house for them or at least contributed in some way. Their current home sold for $240,000 and their new home is $640,000...an increase of $400,000! How can they afford that being stay at home parents with sole income from youTube? What will happen if they lose subscribers or youTube fizzles out in the end? How can a young couple afford such a huge mortgage? Has anyone else wondered about this? Are they going to live way above their means? All these young couples on youTube who have (temporarily) struck gold have all gone on a huge spending spree with fancy homes, cars, etc. Will they all be facing the same disaster down the road?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

nc_mom wrote:I'm wondering if Katie's parents haven't purchased the new house for them or at least contributed in some way. Their current home sold for $240,000 and their new home is $640,000...an increase of $400,000! How can they afford that being stay at home parents with sole income from youTube? What will happen if they lose subscribers or youTube fizzles out in the end? How can a young couple afford such a huge mortgage? Has anyone else wondered about this? Are they going to live way above their means? All these young couples on youTube who have (temporarily) struck gold have all gone on a huge spending spree with fancy homes, cars, etc. Will they all be facing the same disaster down the road?
In my opinion, and it always seems like an unpopular one, people tend to forget that Katie is from old money, and lots of it. Her parents are affluent, and have been for quite some time, I also assume Katie's grandparents were also wealthy. I'm talking, no student loans (even with her doctorate, which cannot be overlooked either. Katie made good money before and has the best "roots" to find another well paying job, out of all the YT parents i watch) trust fund baby kinda rich. Katie has lived the "country club life" her entire life, hell she has driven a Lexus since she was 16 if im not mistaken (they have shown that on older vlogs). She grew up in a home that is valued at over a million dollars. I don't think that her parents paid for the home, not our right, no way. I do think that she has money, they have saved money for quite some time, and are not making a stupid decision. They are not huge spenders like 90% of youtubers that have struck it rich. They know how to manage money, i think anyway, and i don't think they are living beyond their means at all. Even if they quit youtube today i have no worry in my mind that Katie and Cullen both could find jobs that would keep up the lifestyle they are living and making for themselves.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

pibachka wrote:
Sarai wrote:They probably love that it's on a golf course. Status symbol and all...
Based on what I've seen from their vlogs, I have to disagree. It seems like they chose that location solely for convenience. Living on the same street as your sister and your friend is very convenient. Anytime you run out of milk, go on vacation, need someone to watch your child for 5 minutes or want someone to hang out with or exercise with, you will have that convenience at your disposal.
I agree with you. I think that Kelly and Jay being right down the street was the deciding factor on this one. She and Kelly are very close and they spend a lot of time together. I can see how some would say living that close to siblings would be a negative thing (i know it would be in my case lol) but i think Katie and Kelly have a very special relationship and are really and truly best friends.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:Seeing a house have old fixtures or furnishing would say it fits with the golf course home owners which are older. The privacy would also be a big issue living on a fairway. You have mowers out early grooming the course and golf carts spinning down the path. You can hear golfers talking and golf balls flying in your backyard. I would be interested in the HOA covenants too, for example do they allow you having all the things you might see kids play with in a family backyard? Blow up slides, swing sets the list goes on. I image there is not a lot of give on these HOA rules too. If CK or JK were out there playing golf every weekend, I could see this purchase more in line they would join the club and have the convenience to golf right outside their doors. Instead you hear in their vlog "it doesn't have a pool."
K&J have the trampoline, so i would say some toys ect in the yard would be fine. Don't they have a swing set too or just the trampoline?
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I hope Katie's parents aren't contributing to the new house. They don't need to move. They already had a nice home. I do think Katie's parents will go above and beyond with the "housewarming gifts". I don't think the place will ever get fully furnished without GrandDolly's help.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Brooks is SO close to crawling.. I was giggling so hard at him bouncing on his knees on the bed. He was getting it! lol Gaines reaction to the pop rocks was too funny. She was fine with them, you could see those little gears working in her head, and then suddenly she was NOT fine with them. She reminds me so much of my daughter at that age, you never knew what she would be ok with from one day to the next. lol toddlers are a trip.

I'm wondering if they are starting some sort of weight loss program. Two days now they have shown Katie fixing her and Gaines "smoothies" for breakfast. (not at all insinuating that they have Gaines on some weight loss program. If i saw it correctly yesterday the smoothie she was drinking was a kids shake, i assume something comparable to Pediasure that will get her some protein and vitamins that she might not be getting. Trying to put weight ON her.) Also cullen was drinking some sort of supplement today as well, could have just been some emergenC but it also looked like it could have been an energy supplement, I hope they are!
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

I think she's using ItWorks smoothie greens or something. I was reading in the comments on yesterday's video and she responded to someone who was talking about what she put in the smoothies.

If so, good for her! Any small changes in eating better and getting more active ( I know she mentioned going for walks lately too) can only help.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But smoothies don't lead to long term weight loss. The only thing that does, is changing your lifestyle. Maybe living near Kelly will help-- they can go for walks together. It's definitely easier when you have someone else. Smoothies are great, but only as part of a whole lifestyle. They lost weight when they did that detox, and then gained it all back as soon as they stopped, because they didn't change anything. They need to cut out the Chick Fil-A and 700 calorie omelettes. But I'm preaching to the choir.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:But smoothies don't lead to long term weight loss. The only thing that does, is changing your lifestyle. Maybe living near Kelly will help-- they can go for walks together. It's definitely easier when you have someone else. Smoothies are great, but only as part of a whole lifestyle. They lost weight when they did that detox, and then gained it all back as soon as they stopped, because they didn't change anything. They need to cut out the Chick Fil-A and 700 calorie omelettes. But I'm preaching to the choir.

It's a small step though, and i congratulate them on that. They just need to continue building on these small steps. Cullen said something today about turning over a new leaf as they move, with decluttering, organizing ect. I need to watch again bc i don't remember his exact wording but it seemed to me that he was meaning a fresh start with life in general, I'm hoping that means diet and exercise too, but i could just be overthinking it bc i had the shakes on my mind lol.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:I hope Katie's parents aren't contributing to the new house. They don't need to move. They already had a nice home. I do think Katie's parents will go above and beyond with the "housewarming gifts". I don't think the place will ever get fully furnished without GrandDolly's help.
If there is some financial help, I wonder if it is in a trust fund where adult children make the decision where the money is spent. They spoke to having both sets of parents seeing the house and I am assuming they think this is a good move?

I still think they'll live in an outdated (new) home like their present (sold) home and they will not see the kitchen etc needing any work. Looking at Kelly's kitchen, they replaced appliance, but this room is really a gut job with old cabinets and countertops. An updated kitchen design would add value to this home too. Our house is about the same age and we've replace or torn out every room which includes replacing flooring, cabinets, countertops and more or we've gutted rooms and updated them. I don't think the 80's or 90's you see very good quality interior finishes and things just get old. A 650,000 home with a fiberglass shower insert is a good example of poor quality.

I agree their sold home was nice and it sold very fast. It will be interesting to see what they bought.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:But smoothies don't lead to long term weight loss. The only thing that does, is changing your lifestyle. Maybe living near Kelly will help-- they can go for walks together. It's definitely easier when you have someone else. Smoothies are great, but only as part of a whole lifestyle. They lost weight when they did that detox, and then gained it all back as soon as they stopped, because they didn't change anything. They need to cut out the Chick Fil-A and 700 calorie omelettes. But I'm preaching to the choir.

It saves money too not eating out as much as they seem to do and making homestyle healthy meals will help their diet. It is also refreshing to see the work they are doing packing up their home with a new level of energy compared to when they were decluttering their home. I am not sure if it is the excitement of the upcoming move or just they are moving like a thirty year old should.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

You're better off just eating the fruit and veggies you put into the smoothie. Atleast you'll feel full longer and you're less likely to overeat later. I guess it's a step in the right direction for them? It's much easier to find a healthy eating plan rather than to try so fad gimmicky method. All it does is screw with your head when you can't maintain it.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:I hope Katie's parents aren't contributing to the new house. They don't need to move. They already had a nice home. I do think Katie's parents will go above and beyond with the "housewarming gifts". I don't think the place will ever get fully furnished without GrandDolly's help.
If there is some financial help, I wonder if it is in a trust fund where adult children make the decision where the money is spent. They spoke to having both sets of parents seeing the house and I am assuming they think this is a good move?

I still think they'll live in an outdated (new) home like their present (sold) home and they will not see the kitchen etc needing any work. Looking at Kelly's kitchen, they replaced appliance, but this room is really a gut job with old cabinets and countertops. An updated kitchen design would add value to this home too. Our house is about the same age and we've replace or torn out every room which includes replacing flooring, cabinets, countertops and more or we've gutted rooms and updated them. I don't think the 80's or 90's you see very good quality interior finishes and things just get old. A 650,000 home with a fiberglass shower insert is a good example of poor quality.

I agree their sold home was nice and it sold very fast. It will be interesting to see what they bought.
I think it's possible that there is a trust fund that they're using to buy this house. They had their parents come look at the house, but it seems like those are the only opinions they got. I don't think any of their parents have purchased a house in the last 20 years. I wonder if their opinions are really that helpful? If they'd asked some of their friends who purchased homes recently, I think they might have made different decisions. I kinda feel like their real estate agent had them pegged as a certain type of buyer and took advantage of that.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

Have Cullen or Katie said something in their vlogs that would lead you to believe there is a trust fund in play? I am not asking to argue, I truly am curious.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The FEET! Noooo. And I didn't need to hear about the no shower day.
Please tell me they're getting rid of the old cat toys. I didn't catch all of what he was saying. I get keeping the old dog's collar, (my daughter kept our old dog's collar too) although keeping it on a box in the garage with old cat toys doesn't honor the dog. If you're going to keep it out of sentiment, put it someplace inside, at least in a little container. They really do hang on to stuff.
I'm pretty convinced that Katie's parents helped them with the house. But whatever. They have the money, and are probably happy to help. My grandfather would give my dad money, and he wasn't even rich. He just figured he'd rather watch us enjoy it. As far as having them look at the house, honestly, if I was buying a house and my parents lived nearby, whether or not they were contributing, I would want them to see it. Maybe not necessarily for approval, but when you're making that kind of investment, another pair of eyes can be helpful.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Katie's parents are wealthy. It's likely that it's generational wealth. Her parents have been very generous in the past, so it's not unreasonable to think that there's probably a trust set up for Katie. Her parents seem like to type who would want to see their children enjoy their money while they're here rather than wait until their dead.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Brooks has seriously stolen my heart. He is crazy adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”