Pits of paradis

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Pits of paradis

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

ava11 wrote:I am going to hell for this, bud baby harper is reaaaly very unfortunate looking. She looks just like her birthmother with thous eyes too close to each other. Eh, sorry baby.

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk
Yeah... I know it isn't the nicest but Harper is NOT a cute baby whatsoever.....
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Robolt wrote:Maybe this was talked about already, haven't read the whole thread. It seems like they have a lot of money, how? What does he do?
Ya joe makes a lot of money. I think it's really frivolous to buy all new shit for their new house. I think she just likes to spend money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

I think Harper and Sarah are both stunning. Very unique looking, but in a beautiful way.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
ava11
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ava11 »

[quote="ladymama"]I think Harper and Sarah are both stunning. Very unique looking, but in a beautiful way.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;-)

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
Robolt wrote:Maybe this was talked about already, haven't read the whole thread. It seems like they have a lot of money, how? What does he do?
Ya joe makes a lot of money. I think it's really frivolous to buy all new shit for their new house. I think she just likes to spend money.

Especially considering they bought all new things for their current house, they have so much beautiful pretty much brand new furniture. And in her decorating vlogs she has shown boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of decor in their storage. I think she is bored and that's why she shops constantly.

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

ForeverGauc01 wrote:

I agree. I think Joe also has a spending issue though. In the most recent vlog he was pushing some over priced super fancy refrigerator while Britt was saying she didn't want that. I've also noticed him make comments similar to this about other things in the past.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

ladymama wrote:
nugget12 wrote:Ok now like everyone else on youtube she doing baby led weaning. She just gave Harper honey in Oatmeal. That has me concerned babies under 1 should never be given honey their is a bacteria in it that can make them very sick.
How can someone who has wanted children for so long be so dense and uneducated?

#1 it's no longer BLW, she already did cereal and purees this is just the next step.

#2 everyone knows that honey is a no go before 1!

well Britt didn't go to college and she actually said in a Q+A that she only ever worked one job once and it was at walmart for a day. I find their whole story about their marriage and relationship strange. I know Britt said they got married very young, which makes sense because many Mormons do this. However I don't understand how they survived with Britt not working and Joe seemingly going to school (I'm assuming he must have gone to college with the great job he has). Now suddenly have oodles of money. Also, nobody jump on me here, but I'm wondering why Britt and Joe didn't try IVF at some point, or did they and I just didn't gather that info? By the way not judging at all if they just thought adoption was better for them it just seems like they always talk about the ache of infertility and how badly they wanted to be pregnant so one may have thought they would have tried IUI's or IVF before deciding adoption was their best option.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

olivialinnea101 wrote:
ladymama wrote:
nugget12 wrote:Ok now like everyone else on youtube she doing baby led weaning. She just gave Harper honey in Oatmeal. That has me concerned babies under 1 should never be given honey their is a bacteria in it that can make them very sick.
How can someone who has wanted children for so long be so dense and uneducated?

#1 it's no longer BLW, she already did cereal and purees this is just the next step.

#2 everyone knows that honey is a no go before 1!

well Britt didn't go to college and she actually said in a Q+A that she only ever worked one job once and it was at walmart for a day. I find their whole story about their marriage and relationship strange. I know Britt said they got married very young, which makes sense because many Mormons do this. However I don't understand how they survived with Britt not working and Joe seemingly going to school (I'm assuming he must have gone to college with the great job he has). Now suddenly have oodles of money. Also, nobody jump on me here, but I'm wondering why Britt and Joe didn't try IVF at some point, or did they and I just didn't gather that info? By the way not judging at all if they just thought adoption was better for them it just seems like they always talk about the ache of infertility and how badly they wanted to be pregnant so one may have thought they would have tried IUI's or IVF before deciding adoption was their best option.
They did do some sort of fertility treatments but her dr wanted her to lose weight. She lost and they started Clomid I believe. Then they stopped she gained weight and never lost it again then Harper came along. Don't quote me on all of that but she does have a video on their infertility journey.

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

well Britt didn't go to college and she actually said in a Q+A that she only ever worked one job once and it was at walmart for a day. I find their whole story about their marriage and relationship strange. I know Britt said they got married very young, which makes sense because many Mormons do this. However I don't understand how they survived with Britt not working and Joe seemingly going to school (I'm assuming he must have gone to college with the great job he has). Now suddenly have oodles of money. Also, nobody jump on me here, but I'm wondering why Britt and Joe didn't try IVF at some point, or did they and I just didn't gather that info? By the way not judging at all if they just thought adoption was better for them it just seems like they always talk about the ache of infertility and how badly they wanted to be pregnant so one may have thought they would have tried IUI's or IVF before deciding adoption was their best option.[/quote]
They did do some sort of fertility treatments but her dr wanted her to lose weight. She lost and they started Clomid I believe. Then they stopped she gained weight and never lost it again then Harper came along. Don't quote me on all of that but she does have a video on their infertility journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I understand that because of her health conditions Britt will most likely always be overweight, but I wish she would atleast try and eat healthier. All they eat is processed junk food and they drink so much soda. It would help her feel a lot better and its sad to think Harper will be raised around such bad eating habits.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She said she was about 120 lbs (I think) when she got married and then kind of gained weight from there. I agree they don't seem to even try to eat healthy. Everything is prepackaged and lots of pop and really heavy desserts, etc. I get that she can't exercise but im sure she could go for even a 15 min walk around the block with Harper. Hopefully they'll change their eating habits sooner rather than later

SomeoneNew2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneNew2 »

Isn't her amber teething necklace a bit too long?? Aren't they supposed to be fairly fitted? Obviously loose enough to not choke but tight enough to not be caught on something causing strangulation. My child didn't need an amber necklace so I'm not positive. I get the impression Britt doesn't do actual research for these types of things. She sees its trendy, and does it because of that with little regard for Harper's safety.

Also, cringing at the naked child in the tub. I realize she's covered with a washcloth but it's still not smart to share those kinds of photos so publicly.
Soccermomof5
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Soccermomof5 »

Princessyen12 wrote:I like them. I do find their adoption situation a little odd but from what I gathered it seems like Ben and Sara had both gotten out of serious possibly martial relationships and weren't ready or stable enough in their relationship to have a child of their own, but I also think they are grown adults and should know how to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies.
I hope I'm doing this right, I'm a new subscriber and excited to have finally joined after reading for so long!!!! I am an adoptive mom and thought I'd share my 2 cents for what they're worth. This situation is not too odd to me, actually I know a handful of birth moms who have children of their own, are older, and are not the situation everyone thinks all birth mothers are in. As a matter of fact, only one of my children's birth moms were young and single! The others were all in their 30's, in relationships and had other children. All grown adults who knew about birth control and how to raise children! Also all grown adults who were brave enough and mature enough to know when they would not be able to raise their children, feed them, or provide them what they wanted them to have in their lives.
Soccermomof5
Wallflower
Wallflower

nugget12 wrote:I've never been anywhere near this type of situation and I don't really know anyone that was adopted, but I agree that it could get "sticky" when Harper gets older and understands who is actually who. Her birth parents are her birth mom's family are in her life so much, it seems odd they gave her up. This is a completely out there thought and I have nothing to back it up, but what if Harper's birth parents got pregnant just to give the baby to Brittney and Joe to adopt?

I could see that but then why not agree to do a surrogacy type thing were the baby is biologically Brittney and Joe but carried by Sarah. But, in the adoption interview they acted like it was a surrogacy situation more then an adoption. Brittney also does a lot for them holding parties, giving the girls a lot of gifts, holding a birthday party I wonder with her being their aunt aside if she feels she is obligated to do this because of Harper.[/quote]

I've gone back and watched a lot of her old videos and it seems like she did those things for Ben's daughters way before Sarah was involved, right? I thought she seemed like a really sweet aunt, and knowing that Ben and Sarah probably placed Harper because they cannot care for her, maybe without her providing them gifts and parties for holidays, they wouldn't get those any other way. It just doesn't seem new to me now that Harper is here.
Soccermomof5
Wallflower
Wallflower

staceybrax wrote:
ForeverGauc01 wrote:

Especially considering they bought all new things for their current house, they have so much beautiful pretty much brand new furniture. And in her decorating vlogs she has shown boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of decor in their storage. I think she is bored and that's why she shops constantly.

Just finished watching this one...she said they sold most of their furniture with their house and had to get new appliances, that doesn't seem like a spending problem, just seems that if they don't buy anything they won't have furniture a their new house. It's not uncommon for nice homes like that to have the buyers want to buy the furniture with the house and for you to have to leave appliances at that price point.
Soccermomof5
Wallflower
Wallflower

ForeverGauc01 wrote:

I think she mentioned he does something for IT for a hospital or something? They can make good money. She said in her last video they sold most of the furniture with the house, should they just not have furniture at their new house?
Soccermomof5
Wallflower
Wallflower

SomeoneNew2 wrote:Isn't her amber teething necklace a bit too long?? Aren't they supposed to be fairly fitted? Obviously loose enough to not choke but tight enough to not be caught on something causing strangulation. My child didn't need an amber necklace so I'm not positive. I get the impression Britt doesn't do actual research for these types of things. She sees its trendy, and does it because of that with little regard for Harper's safety.

Also, cringing at the naked child in the tub. I realize she's covered with a washcloth but it's still not smart to share those kinds of photos so publicly.
The necklace seems fine, I feel like that's how I see most babies wear them. Also, if that picture makes you cringe and think it shouldn't be shared, why did you reshare it?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Soccermomof5 wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
ForeverGauc01 wrote: Ya joe makes a lot of money. I think it's really frivolous to buy all new shit for their new house. I think she just likes to spend money.

Just finished watching this one...she said they sold most of their furniture with their house and had to get new appliances, that doesn't seem like a spending problem, just seems that if they don't buy anything they won't have furniture a their new house. It's not uncommon for nice homes like that to have the buyers want to buy the furniture with the house and for you to have to leave appliances at that price point.
Not going to lie, I didnt actually watch the vlog before my comment Image. It didn't occur to me that they had sold their appliances with the house because that doesn't really happen in Australia, you take your furniture and appliances with you when you move.

I still stand by my shopping addiction because of boredom comment though, because I have never in my life seem someone have so much decor in storage lol.

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yup she did sell a lot of things with the house. BUT in all her other videos you can see that she has a shopping problem. She has a basement full of decor that she bought and never used, lots of clothes, etc. I mean hey, if you have the money and aren't struggling (which they clearly aren't) then go for it, but why? If it's just going to sit in your basement and never see the light of day it seems pointless.

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

I hope I'm doing this right, I'm a new subscriber and excited to have finally joined after reading for so long!!!! I am an adoptive mom and thought I'd share my 2 cents for what they're worth. This situation is not too odd to me, actually I know a handful of birth moms who have children of their own, are older, and are not the situation everyone thinks all birth mothers are in. As a matter of fact, only one of my children's birth moms were young and single! The others were all in their 30's, in relationships and had other children. All grown adults who knew about birth control and how to raise children! Also all grown adults who were brave enough and mature enough to know when they would not be able to raise their children, feed them, or provide them what they wanted them to have in their lives.[/quote]

I don't think that their adoption situation is strange at all. I agree with you that many older moms who already have children choose adoption, which is wonderful. What I find strange however was in the Q+A Sarah didn't seem at all phased by her decision to place Harper and really didn't show any emotion or express that it was a hard but good choice etc. I totally understand that all people have different ways of expressing their emotions etc, but it struck me as a bit odd that the topic of conversation wasn't an emotional one for her at all. I know a few birthmothers and when they speak about their decision not to parent they say they are confident that they made the right choice, but it was an extremely painful choice. It also seemed weird how Sarah said that immediately after she got pregnant she knew adoption was for her. Again, I'm not judging at all because certainly this scenario can happen, however I think it is more typical that a birthmom finds out she is expecting, considers her options and after weighing pros and cons etc, she makes the tough yet best decision for her scenario to place her child for adoption. It just seems like a bit of a strange dynamic and almost like Sarah planned this pregnancy for Brittany and Joe. Sarah said that when she discussed adoption with Ben he said "for Brittany, anything". To me that just seems like an odd thing to say.
SomeoneNew2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneNew2 »

Soccermomof5 wrote:
SomeoneNew2 wrote:Isn't her amber teething necklace a bit too long?? Aren't they supposed to be fairly fitted? Obviously loose enough to not choke but tight enough to not be caught on something causing strangulation. My child didn't need an amber necklace so I'm not positive. I get the impression Britt doesn't do actual research for these types of things. She sees its trendy, and does it because of that with little regard for Harper's safety.

The necklace seems fine, I feel like that's how I see most babies wear them. Also, if that picture makes you cringe and think it shouldn't be shared, why did you reshare it?
Typically when I see them worn they're not as loose, but ok. And sorry, I shared the photo, I was asking a question about said photo. If you're OK with it that's cool too. Britt already shared it so, what's your problem?

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”