8 Hungry Passengers: #NoLeftovers | Part 4

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Hungry Passengers: #NoLeftovers | Part 4

Unread post by littlebaby »

lmmomSD wrote:The Griffith women, except for Julie, who went to nursing school and actually uses her degree, have their identity completely wrapped up in being a wife and mother. So when the "last" baby starts getting bigger, they seem to freak out a little. Because if they're not needed as a mother, what value do they have? When they hit menopause, it's going to be really bad...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
It's a good thing Jennifer has seventeen (and counting!) grandkids to still feel like a mother figure to babies. And by the time there are no babies anymore, she'll be expecting great grandkids anyway. They're probably already assuming that Shari's due in about ten years, since she's made it clear she wants to go to college. The cycle of Mormon women..

This isn't about Ruby, but I watched one of Ellie's old Q+A videos last night and someone asked why she felt the need to start TTC at such a young age, and Ellie basically said it's all she ever wanted to do so she didn't see a reason to wait. Another question was why they got married so young, and she said that everyone in her family got married at either 18 or 21 so it was the norm.

Which leads me to the question, is there any sort of stigma regarding teen pregnancy in Mormonism if they're already married? If Ellie (or any of them) got pregnant at 18 and gave birth at 19, is that just what Heavenly Father wanted and age doesn't matter? Or do they adopt the general notion that teens aren't ready to be parents? I've wondered this for a long time.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

SweetAsANutMate wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:The Griffith women, except for Julie, who went to nursing school and actually uses her degree, have their identity completely wrapped up in being a wife and mother. So when the "last" baby starts getting bigger, they seem to freak out a little. Because if they're not needed as a mother, what value do they have? When they hit menopause, it's going to be really bad...

Nah, the next step for them is actively encouraging their kids to get married and pop out kids as soon as possible so they can then become wives and grandmother! Then they'll do this to their grandkids and the cycle continues.
"Don’t dress up your children like dolls from your past
Or They’ll run from you madly, they'll never look back
And when they grow older, they’ll do just the same" this song from Jason Mraz just pop up in my mind. How fitting.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

^^ If I had to guess, I would say that it would be fine to have kids at 18 or 19 as long as you are married... Hm.
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

ewokfan11 wrote:I finally watched one of their vlogs after hearing about them from the E&J/Bonnie threads. So their oldest son is totally and obviously gay...is that why they pulled him out of school?

The mom, Ruby?, is a complete WHACK-O!
Eh what?
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

Kevin giving his hotel room to julie/Landon and watching the kids was super nice. Kind of surprised by it cause it doesnt seem so hands on with his own kids.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

Did Ruby wear her pajamas to the recital? Everyone else was really dressed up.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:Did Ruby wear her pajamas to the recital? Everyone else was really dressed up.
It's just one of her old lady dresses, but she does look like she just rolled out of bed. Her hygiene is definitely lacking.

Hopefully she sanitizes her pits before Kevin gets home this time.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I'm pretty sure the middle sister Julie quit working and is now staying home full-time like the others and wants another baby.
[video][/video]
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

The middle sister Julie has quit her job to stay home and also and wants to continue having more children. This is recent within the last few months.

[video][/video]
[video][/video] Starts around 3:00
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

ewokfan11 wrote:I finally watched one of their vlogs after hearing about them from the E&J/Bonnie threads. So their oldest son is totally and obviously gay...is that why they pulled him out of school?

If a son has to be gay, it would be Russell.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Oh god, she looks like Ellie with one of those "age" filters that make you look thirty years older. Not a good look.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

SweetAsANutMate wrote:

Eh what?
Crap-- didn't read that well. All I saw was "Ruby is a WHACKO".
Not so sure Chad is gay...

strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

These people piss me off. They are whoring out their entire family for cash. I wonder what Kevin's siblings think of them? It broke my heart when they said his dad was embarrassed and didn't want to air his 'dirty laundry.' Why can't Kevin and Ruby respect that and not talk about what happened to him? It's not like we see that side of the family a lot. We wouldn't notice if he was absent from a few vlogs or whatever... It just really makes me sad to think of this elderly man's health concerns being posted about on the internet, all so Kevin and Ruby can make a few bucks.
Bananasplit
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bananasplit »

I agree. They shouldn't be filming in the hospital. Sounds like neither Kevin's mom or dad want to be filmed and they continue to do so. So disrespectful. Unfortunately it's exactly what I expect from them. Anything for drama.

I am so glad to hear he's dad's doing ok. Falls can be so scary with older ppl especially.

strawberry_smoothie wrote:These people piss me off. They are whoring out their entire family for cash. I wonder what Kevin's siblings think of them? It broke my heart when they said his dad was embarrassed and didn't want to air his 'dirty laundry.' Why can't Kevin and Ruby respect that and not talk about what happened to him? It's not like we see that side of the family a lot. We wouldn't notice if he was absent from a few vlogs or whatever... It just really makes me sad to think of this elderly man's health concerns being posted about on the internet, all so Kevin and Ruby can make a few bucks.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

I feel really bad that Kevin's parents are so elderly and that he has to watch them deteriorate like this. Glad the Grandpa is okay.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Chad's expression at dinner made me lol. Felt for the poor kid, get the camera out of his face, Ruby!

Shari is still annoying even if she doesn't mean to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Shari was extra annoying today
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

A smoothie and French fries to settle the stomach. She had to be joking right?
It didn't seem like Shari was actually sick but really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Shari is so demanding. She becomes aggressive via feigned playfulness when she doesn't get what she wants (travel, etc). The way she was acting out and using her leg to push people seemed unacceptable. I'm going to definitely appreciate my own daughter more after seeing that hot mess.

I just don't know how that's enough dinner for eight people, including an active man and preteen-teen male. :(

Does anyone know if the kids take a good multi-vitamin?
exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

Ruby to Julie: "Someone must really love you to have painted your closet like that."

lolololololol

Return to “8 Passengers”