John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

That caption is weird because there is another pic that says something like "i only ever dream of maeve as a toddler" i'll have to find it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
Caisflame wrote:Yeah, though there was at least one or two where you could see the face, she just poorly tried to blur it. It still makes me wonder whose child it is even if it's just the back of the head. I know I wouldn't want pictures of my child used for that reason especially when so many of her posts are questionable. I wonder if the parent(s) know, it's never good to take photos of someone elses child and post them like that without their knowledge. But of course I'm just assuming here. It would be different if she were googling red haired toddlers, but the fact that this is the same child makes me think she's taking these pictures from a personal social media.
I don't think it is the same child. I got the impression that she just googled "red curly haired toddler". I also didn't see any pictures of the face?

I disagree, it sure looks like the same child in each picture. And one of the face pictures was just posted above. I just find it very strange especially because it's the same child. It seems unhealthy to be honest. It's one thing to imagine what your child would look like today, but to give her a whole persona and act like she's alive...
Plus we all know Joan is not quite 100% well mentally. Making up a child like it's your own can't be healthy. We'll just have to agree to disagree, but that is clearly the same child which still leads me to believe she's following someone on some media platform and using their child's pictures. However it's been some time since she last posted a picture of the child, so hopefully she's over it.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I'm not saying that i don't think it's strange. I definitely do think she is going a little too far with her obsession. I just don't think that its the same kid in all of the photos. Some have more wavy hair and some have tighter curls.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

She had a miscarriage and is posting about Maeve every day? I hope she gets help. Why does everything revolve around her? I just don't get it any more.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Whoa. I know many women who have had miscarriages, but never have they posted photos of other children depicted what their angel baby would look like "today" That totally creeps me out!

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
That caption is weird because there is another pic that says something like "i only ever dream of maeve as a toddler" i'll have to find it again.
Regarding inconsistencies, she also said in an IG post yesterday that in all the years she's known John she's never seen him cry until the miscarriage last week. John states in his Dad Grief video though that he did cry after Maeve (immediately after Joan delivered her and one other time. The second time Joan told him she was relieved to see him cry because it helped her [sic]). He also cried in the Dad Grief video too. :|

Her grief appears to be pathological and going beyond obsessive at this point. No one her end is stepping in to get her the help she seems to need. I get it, they're fearful of tipping the apple cart over the cliff, but without intervention everyone who loves her are only putting off the inevitable. I even think that every GFM donation that pings on her phone holds her in a form of psychological stasis.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Do we know what they are "sober" from?

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Regarding inconsistencies, she also said in an IG post yesterday that in all the years she's known John she's never seen him cry until the miscarriage last week. John states in his Dad Grief video though that he did cry after Maeve (immediately after Joan delivered her and one other time. The second time Joan told him she was relieved to see him cry because it helped her [sic]). He also cried in the Dad Grief video too. :|

Her grief appears to be pathological and going beyond obsessive at this point. No one her end is stepping in to get her the help she seems to need. I get it, they're fearful of tipping the apple cart over the cliff, but without intervention everyone who loves her are only putting off the inevitable. I even think that every GFM donation that pings on her phone holds her in a form of psychological stasis.
Yes she is constantly contradicting herself. I think she just says certain things to gain sympathy in the moment. Why on earth would he not cry over Maeve, but he would cry over this early miscarriage? That didn't make any sense to begin with.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

calliepaige84 wrote:Do we know what they are "sober" from?

Alcohol at least, but maybe other things as well?

There is an IG post where she talks about how their exes both got them into drinking, and how they stopped after they started dating. They both drank together too though, so I don't think it's fair to blame it all on the exes.

She goes into detail on a pic with her and John laughing and he has lipstick on his cheek. I don't have time to find it right now, maybe someone else can screenshot it?

Does it seem to anyone else like Joan has posted at least 20-30 different Maeve photos herself? I really think she was exaggerating for dramatic effect when she said they only had 23 or something. (Not that even 100 would be enough, but you know what I mean).
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:Whoa. I know many women who have had miscarriages, but never have they posted photos of other children depicted what their angel baby would look like "today" That totally creeps me out!

It is definitely creepy. What she had was not a miscarriage though it was a 37 week stillbirth.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I did see a few posts in the past few days that are only about the baby that they just lost.
But overall, it's just bizarre. Especially after that "I'm taking time off social media to heal" post. She's been posting every day since. It's like she's addicted to the attention. And all the sympathy just keeps the pity party going.
I hate to judge because I have never been through this kind of thing. But we all have had losses in our lives. And this paralysis just isn't healthy. I do know other women who have had losses, and although they remember, and are definitely changed by it, it hasn't defined them the way this defines her. She really needs some serious help. The therapist she has clearly hasn't helped her move past this at all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

lmmomSD wrote:I did see a few posts in the past few days that are only about the baby that they just lost.
But overall, it's just bizarre. Especially after that "I'm taking time off social media to heal" post. She's been posting every day since. It's like she's addicted to the attention. And all the sympathy just keeps the pity party going.
I hate to judge because I have never been through this kind of thing. But we all have had losses in our lives. And this paralysis just isn't healthy. I do know other women who have had losses, and although they remember, and are definitely changed by it, it hasn't defined them the way this defines her. She really needs some serious help. The therapist she has clearly hasn't helped her move past this at all.

This really irked me too, somewhere she said that most people have never experienced loss, and that before Maeve she was that person who would just say "just be happy again". I'm in my mid 20s and I know more people who have lost someone very close to them than people who have never experienced lost.
It just gave me the impression of her winning the pain olympics, as someone on here has said before.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

i kinda think we should refrain from posting screenshots from her instagram considering it's private. it kinda takes away from the idea that this is a website for discussing people who broadcast their lives on the internet when we are the ones taking private posts and broadcasting them here for everyone to see

i know that they have a youtube channel and she links her instagram in the videos but i don't think that justifies us screenshotting her posts and posting them without her consent. she should still get some say over who she wants to see her private posts!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Blehmieux wrote:i kinda think we should refrain from posting screenshots from her instagram considering it's private. it kinda takes away from the idea that this is a website for discussing people who broadcast their lives on the internet when we are the ones taking private posts and broadcasting them here for everyone to see Image

i know that they have a youtube channel and she links her instagram in the videos but i don't think that justifies us screenshotting her posts and posting them without her consent. she should still get some say over who she wants to see her private posts!

This is a call for the mods, some of which have shared the info here themselves. Sent a pm to Krypto for her opinion.

There are a lot of other boards with former YTers where their info is still posted though.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

funckyerdoder wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I did see a few posts in the past few days that are only about the baby that they just lost.

This really irked me too, somewhere she said that most people have never experienced loss, and that before Maeve she was that person who would just say "just be happy again". I'm in my mid 20s and I know more people who have lost someone very close to them than people who have never experienced lost.
It just gave me the impression of her winning the pain olympics, as someone on here has said before.
Yep. I know that losing a child is a special kind of grief, and I would never presume to know how awful it is, but anyone saying that their grief is worse or more painful than anyone else's just makes me side eye them. It's very lacking in empathy and compassion. Everyone who forms connections with other people experiences loss and grief at some point. And everyone's grief is painful and important to them. Yet she is literally banking on other people having empathy and compassion for her.

fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

Same kid, different kid... semantics. That is FUCKED. UP.

"We have a 17 month old" is a blatant lie... like I can't imagine the denial you're in the moment you decide that's how you're going to caption... a picture of a child that isn't Maeve (and is possibly even a stranger). Get mental help, Joan. Seriously.

Posting someone else's child (without a face) wouldn't ping my radar if she were referring to how she imagines Maeve like [pictured child]; well, it kinda would unless it was a sibling/cousin/family member. But *this* is 7 levels of crazy.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeah I was going to say that her instagram might be private in theory, but it seems that she'll add anyone. I've got an empty instagram that I use to keep up with youtubers and she accepted my request almost immediately.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

She did say she made it private because she wanted people to have a choice to see Maeve (because some people say hurtful things and don't like seeing it) and to protect her daughters photos. I think maybe lets just not share Maeve photos? Idk her Facebook profile pics are public tho lol

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I don't think that's a bad idea. Tbh I find the pictures of Maeve a bit creepy, so I'm glad that Joan can respect that not everyone might want to see all of those photos all of the time. I think that only taking a screenshot of the caption or comments is a good compromise because, given the nature of the photos of Maeve, seeing the photos themselves typically won't be necessary to understand If people feel the need to seek out the specific accompanying photo then they can easily send her a request on Instagram to go see for themselves.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

I've only been following Joan for a few weeks, but I worry about any child that comes into her care. Should they successfully have a biological child, or adopt, I fear her reaction should that if that child let Joan down in any way. Example she has a girl, and wants that girl to enrol in dance and it turns out that little child doesn't like dance, will it be a situation of "I know Maeve would loved dance" does that make sense?
In her mind Maeve is perfect and everything Joan ever imagined she would be... no one can live up to those expectations...

I feel if she can find her way through this, maybe fostering would be best.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”