DAILYLYINGBRYAN&PISSYMISSY. PART #86

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: DAILYLYINGBRYAN&PISSYMISSY. PART #86

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Given that they're home all day it would be easy to make the transition. When I was a nanny I helped transition a two year old to normal cups, and we started off by leaving her water on the table, and every time she wanted some we'd go in there to drink it. Sure she spilled at first, but only on the kitchen floor. When she stopped spilling, she graduated to leaving her cups on the coffee table while we played in the living room. If anything, I think the hardest part is breaking their habit of carrying a cup around everywhere. As long as you teach them to pick it up carefully and set it back down on the table when they're done with it rather than running around the house with it while playing, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Accidents and spills will happen, but I agree with a previous poster, if they're drinking water then who cares?
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

DAILYLYINGBRYAN&PISSYMISSY. PART #86

Unread post by Theirmom »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Given that they're home all day it would be easy to make the transition. When I was a nanny I helped transition a two year old to normal cups, and we started off by leaving her water on the table, and every time she wanted some we'd go in there to drink it. Sure she spilled at first, but only on the kitchen floor. When she stopped spilling, she graduated to leaving her cups on the coffee table while we played in the living room. If anything, I think the hardest part is breaking their habit of carrying a cup around everywhere. As long as you teach them to pick it up carefully and set it back down on the table when they're done with it rather than running around the house with it while playing, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Accidents and spills will happen, but I agree with a previous poster, if they're drinking water then who cares?
F that. I DO carry mine everywhere. Insulated water bottles are superior to open cups in every way. No condensation rings on tables, nothing can fall into them, no spills, and ice water stays cold all day. I carry that thing around with me like a security blanket. I drink at least 5 litres every day, and my kids manage usually close to three.

No Shame. Like mama, like daughter. Sippy cups for life![img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 388fa3.jpg[/img]f
:roll:
sasicil76
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sasicil76 »

God ollie is so damn annoying always screaming all the time!! Do they not teach him about inside voices at all? In the target they were taking up the entire isle and other people looked around and were embarrassed, control them or they will control you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Theirmom wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Given that they're home all day it would be easy to make the transition. When I was a nanny I helped transition a two year old to normal cups, and we started off by leaving her water on the table, and every time she wanted some we'd go in there to drink it. Sure she spilled at first, but only on the kitchen floor. When she stopped spilling, she graduated to leaving her cups on the coffee table while we played in the living room. If anything, I think the hardest part is breaking their habit of carrying a cup around everywhere. As long as you teach them to pick it up carefully and set it back down on the table when they're done with it rather than running around the house with it while playing, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Accidents and spills will happen, but I agree with a previous poster, if they're drinking water then who cares?
F that. I DO carry mine everywhere. Insulated water bottles are superior to open cups in every way. No condensation rings on tables, nothing can fall into them, no spills, and ice water stays cold all day. I carry that thing around with me like a security blanket. I drink at least 5 litres every day, and my kids manage usually close to three.

No Shame. Like mama, like daughter. Sippy cups for life!f
I carry around a 32oz Nalgene everywhere i go as well so i totally feel you on this one. It's never far out of my reach. LOL My 12 year old daughter has more water bottles than i can count (she loves them) and totes one around school all day too. So i totally get your point.
az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

The brand of Vitamins is "Olly"...I bet that's the only reason they got it. She probably did no research at all. And they are expensive, they always have to buy the most expensive

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

LOL I have an Ariel (yes, the princess) water bottle with a built in straw so technically I use a "sippy cup". But Ollie still uses the really young sippy cups. They have cups with straws that don't spill, but part of me thinks Ollie's use of a sippy cup is less about no spills and more about the fact that he probably refuses to use something else.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I think it's more to do with Missy not wanting her expensive restoration hardware couch stained. Remember her obsession with buying tons of sippy cups trying to find the perfect cup that doesn't spill. Plus Ollie is still a toddler, remember?

My son is 3.5 and hasn't used a sippy cup since shortly after he turned 3. My 17 month old uses a 360 cup.

I remember that! They also had to keep buying sippy cups because Ollie would lose/hide them and they were never able to find them...which I don't understand, because their old house wasn't very big and there weren't very many places he could hide a sippy cup where it would be difficult to find :|

Not saying kids don't lose their sippy cups and other things in places they can't be found lol it happens all the time. I'm just saying that stuff would have been easy to find in their old house, they've just probably had the, "eh, let's just buy another!" mentality for a while...
lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

tintin15 wrote:LOL I have an Ariel (yes, the princess) water bottle with a built in straw so technically I use a "sippy cup". But Ollie still uses the really young sippy cups. They have cups with straws that don't spill, but part of me thinks Ollie's use of a sippy cup is less about no spills and more about the fact that he probably refuses to use something else.
I think cups with straws are fine. The issue that I see is more speech-related. My mom is a speech pathologist and she encouraged me to never use the kind of sippies that Ollie and Finn have. We always gave her the straw kind or 360 cups.

The other thing about the cups that he uses is that they're so small! My daughter would be asking me to refill her water every 5 minutes if I gave her that kind of cup!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Remember the fancy water bottles with straws that Missy got the boys after Finn's dr's appt? Specifically so they would drink water from them? (the one where we speculated the dr told her the boys needed to be drinking more water and that a new fun water bottle might make them want to drink more water?) We have never seen them since. :lol: I called that one.. Ollie was like hell no woman give me my sippy full of chockit milk NOW!!!!! And missy ran to the kitchen and fulfilled his commands.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

There are probably sippy cups full of spoiled chocolate milk hidden all around their house.

idel73
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by idel73 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:There are probably sippy cups full of spoiled chocolate milk hidden all around their house.

I was about to say the same thing....the sippy cups probably end up all over the house with left over chocolate milk in there which spoiled and instead of getting them properly cleaned M&B are just buying new ones. Its so much easier for them to just let them walk around with a sippy cup instead of enforcing the idea of sitting at the table or standing still while drinking something
Sevan116
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sevan116 »

Omg the Subway promo. Do they really eat Subway enough to say its literally one of their favorite places to eat?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Sevan116 wrote:Omg the Subway promo. Do they really eat Subway enough to say its literally one of their favorite places to eat?

I don't remember ever seeing them eat subway.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sevan116 wrote:Omg the Subway promo. Do they really eat Subway enough to say its literally one of their favorite places to eat?

Especially when in their old intro, they showed another sub place. Can't remember which one it was-- Jersey Mike's?
This showed up in my Facebook feed-- in an article about "15 Dog Breeds You Think You Want But Shouldn't Get". Guess who I thought of?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

They've loved Jimmy John's and Jersey Mike's. Never Subway hahahaha

In an old vlog of theirs I was watching a few weeks ago, Bryan was eating a flatbread from Subway. Does that count? They love it for the money now.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

The calendar said subway shoot weeks ago

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

When have they ever just given him water? Image

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

onbreak wrote:The calendar said subway shoot weeks ago

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
I forgot about that! It didn't even occur to me that it meant Subway the restaurant. I assumed they were doing a photoshoot in a train station lmao
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

LOL at Subway having to subtitle Ollie... it really shows how horrible his speech is in that commercial. My god what is it going to take to get these idiots to realize that kid needs help?????
They decided to let Ollie make all the decisions for ONE day? Tell me Missy, how is this different from every other day? Ollie is the head of that household.
I would bet my paycheck that Ollie didn't eat one bite of that sandwich lol
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Ok so who started getting the pineapple haircut first Brian or Corbin because if it was Corbin maybe missy requests that hairstyle on Bryan so she can pretend he's Corbin sorry just thinking out loud ignore me if it's been discussed!

Return to “Daily Bumps”