Samika Vlogs. Part #2

bonkaliscious
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by bonkaliscious »

hera wrote:this is my first post and kind of off topic, but I've been watching samika since they got that puppy that they gave up, but then took a break b/c i got tired of the trixin stuff that followed, and it didn't seem like they were truly happy, more like they were just so overwhelmed with working with shay, and inevitably got screwed over. I started watching again a few weeks right before PJ was born and since then they seem so much more genuine, like they're actually enjoying life, and have become my favorite vlogging family.

i've also been going back and watching their old vlogs (since the beginning) and I'm currently when they started to work with trixin and are surrounded by tyler. in hindsight, I always felt there was something off with tyler and Haylee and their friendship w/ samika. just to see the breakdown of their friendship is so sad because Jenn and sam did seem so invested and cared so much about them. it is also in direct contrast to their supposed "friendship" with e+j. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they're (samika and e+j) at things together b/c the lack of footage either means that they are just good friends that want to hang out or that they only mention each other as a mutual benefit but really do nothing other than use each other for networking and want to show the cuteness of Jackson and noah, which is understandable b/c they're adorable. when they're with tau and his family they always have their camera out and there's just a different vibe. even with Haylee and tyler, in the beginning, there was such a different energy and you can tell they're all happy to be together and show that they're having out. that's just my two cents though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What happened between then and Tyler/Haylee? I'm sooo behind.
bonkaliscious
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by bonkaliscious »

hera wrote:this is my first post and kind of off topic, but I've been watching samika since they got that puppy that they gave up, but then took a break b/c i got tired of the trixin stuff that followed, and it didn't seem like they were truly happy, more like they were just so overwhelmed with working with shay, and inevitably got screwed over. I started watching again a few weeks right before PJ was born and since then they seem so much more genuine, like they're actually enjoying life, and have become my favorite vlogging family.

i've also been going back and watching their old vlogs (since the beginning) and I'm currently when they started to work with trixin and are surrounded by tyler. in hindsight, I always felt there was something off with tyler and Haylee and their friendship w/ samika. just to see the breakdown of their friendship is so sad because Jenn and sam did seem so invested and cared so much about them. it is also in direct contrast to their supposed "friendship" with e+j. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they're (samika and e+j) at things together b/c the lack of footage either means that they are just good friends that want to hang out or that they only mention each other as a mutual benefit but really do nothing other than use each other for networking and want to show the cuteness of Jackson and noah, which is understandable b/c they're adorable. when they're with tau and his family they always have their camera out and there's just a different vibe. even with Haylee and tyler, in the beginning, there was such a different energy and you can tell they're all happy to be together and show that they're having out. that's just my two cents though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

bonkaliscious wrote:

Go back a few pages. Short version: Tyler thought Sam was posting here, and confronted him, and Sam contacted the poster to ask for help. Tyler wouldn't believe it wasn't Sam!
Edited: sorry-- it's towards the end of the first thread. It was Lovethesnark that Tyler thought was Sam. Apparently, she was pretty on point with her theories.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I am loving their vlogs lately. I go in spurts with them but they are so much more real then other fakey families we know. ;)

P walking in the live stream was adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I watched one of their vlogs right after watching Philip Defranco's first video on Daddyofive, the difference between the two families is night​ and day.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

God I hope the never change to be fake materialistic assholes like the majority of family vloggers because they're one of the few good ones left. I just love watching them so much between the actual talent they have and good, genuine, kind personalities, and they are also so relatable

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I think they are moving to Arizona. If they were just going to SLC, then they could still book the same summer vacation plane tickets - SLC is the closest major airport to Logan. I think they'd like Arizona!!
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

ewokfan11 wrote:I think they are moving to Arizona. If they were just going to SLC, then they could still book the same summer vacation plane tickets - SLC is the closest major airport to Logan. I think they'd like Arizona!!
Agreed. They are all still young and if they don't like it, they can always move back. They could even get sponsors for the move like the Nulls did so they could make money off it. I wish nothing but the best for these guys. They are the only vloggers I watch nowadays.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
hera
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hera »

i'm so proud of them and their decision to move to arizona. sam speaking about that he just wants to do things for himself and his family is really awesome and showing so much growth and maturity. i really think that they gained perspective after the trixin things and tyler/haylee situation and have grown up. there's just something about them that has shifted for the better and it's so exciting to see.
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

Good for them for taking the chance and trying somewhere new. I think they really learned a lot about life in Logan, it's too bad the way they had to learn but it's all life experience. I'm happy Sam is branching out and trying other things as well.

I've been in AZ for 28 years. I'm not sure they realize that 100 degrees starts in mid May, the really hot/dry temps (like 112+) are in June, and July starts the monsoon with horrible heat and humidity and severe storms, and it FINALLY gets down into the 90s by Halloween. It really is six months of heat. It's all worth suffering through for the perfect weather the rest of the year.

They will have fun learning about living in the desert with rattlesnakes, scorpions, black widows, lizards and javelina. It's SO different from Utah. I with them all the best.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They were there during the winter, weren't they? Yeah, it was _lovely_ then! My father in law lives outside of Phoenix, and it's crazy hot! Where are they moving? Flagstaff still gets seasons.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

Yea, I definitely don't think they're understanding the extreme heat they're going to be in and for how long the heat lasts. But, I hope the enjoy Arizona and now is the time to move states and experiment when the kids are young and their job is flexible.

I think the lack of snow and a cold winter is what is drawing them to Arizona, but they seem to want Southern California weather. California is too expensive for them to buy a home, so Arizona is the next best thing, plus the closer proximity to Jenn's family along with not being too far from Utah.
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

snowbaby95 wrote:Yea, I definitely don't think they're understanding the extreme heat they're going to be in and for how long the heat lasts. But, I hope the enjoy Arizona and now is the time to move states and experiment when the kids are young and their job is flexible.

I think the lack of snow and a cold winter is what is drawing them to Arizona, but they seem to want Southern California weather. California is too expensive for them to buy a home, so Arizona is the next best thing, plus the closer proximity to Jenn's family along with not being too far from Utah.
It's a real learning curve to cope with the heat. If you want to do anything outside it had better be very early and be back inside by at least 10:00 am. During the hottest days, I keep the blinds and curtains closed all day, anything you can do to keep the heat out and the AC bills down (ha ha). That's another thing they will learn. AC is much more expensive than heating a house. Those were some long summer days when my son was out of school and couldn't go outside to play. It's the same as long winter days, but at least the kids are in school. I think you either love the desert or hate it.
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

Scottsdale would be nice & family friendly.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

crew96 wrote:Scottsdale would be nice & family friendly.

And expensive. Especially compared to Utah.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Peridot wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:Yea, I definitely don't think they're understanding the extreme heat they're going to be in and for how long the heat lasts. But, I hope the enjoy Arizona and now is the time to move states and experiment when the kids are young and their job is flexible.

It's a real learning curve to cope with the heat. If you want to do anything outside it had better be very early and be back inside by at least 10:00 am. During the hottest days, I keep the blinds and curtains closed all day, anything you can do to keep the heat out and the AC bills down (ha ha). That's another thing they will learn. AC is much more expensive than heating a house. Those were some long summer days when my son was out of school and couldn't go outside to play. It's the same as long winter days, but at least the kids are in school. I think you either love the desert or hate it.
Yea, the desert is not an easy place for just anyone to live. I'm from the beach area of Southern California and lived with extended family in Las Vegas for several months from summer to winter and it is such a shock to deal with the heat. In the summer you barely want to go places because of the heat and playing outside for kids can only last so long before they overheat. Also, the only bearable times to be active outside are around dawn and twilight. If the house or whatever they decide to rent while they're trying it out doesn't have a pool, I can't see them lasting.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They complained about Noah getting stir crazy when it was too snowy to go outside. It's going to be rough on him being cooped up all day for months at a time.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

I can't help but wonder what their price range is for a house. There are some inland areas in California like Lake Forest, Murrieta, Temecula, Redlands, Escondido, etc. that are much more affordable than living on the coast. I just watched their "we are moving to!!" video and Jenn literally says "I can't stand extreme heat." Um? That is exactly what Arizona is about half of the year! Which leads to you being cooped up in your home with the AC on lol.
I think they'd prefer California for the mild weather which they seem to be after.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

snowbaby95 wrote:I can't help but wonder what their price range is for a house. There are some inland areas in California like Lake Forest, Murrieta, Temecula, Redlands, Escondido, etc. that are much more affordable than living on the coast. I just watched their "we are moving to!!" video and Jenn literally says "I can't stand extreme heat." Um? That is exactly what Arizona is about half of the year! Which leads to you being cooped up in your home with the AC on lol.
I think they'd prefer California for the mild weather which they seem to be after.
Temecula and Escondido are getting pricier, but since they don't have to worry about commuting, they could go to Hemet, or Ramona, and Lake Elsinore has a baseball farm team. Sam and Noah would dig that. And they would be closer to Jenn's family.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:I can't help but wonder what their price range is for a house. There are some inland areas in California like Lake Forest, Murrieta, Temecula, Redlands, Escondido, etc. that are much more affordable than living on the coast. I just watched their "we are moving to!!" video and Jenn literally says "I can't stand extreme heat." Um? That is exactly what Arizona is about half of the year! Which leads to you being cooped up in your home with the AC on lol.
Temecula and Escondido are getting pricier, but since they don't have to worry about commuting, they could go to Hemet, or Ramona, and Lake Elsinore has a baseball farm team. Sam and Noah would dig that. And they would be closer to Jenn's family.

Yea, everywhere seems to be blowing up price wise in California. Plus who knows if those are already too pricey for their budget.

I do think southern California would really suit them. There's so much more to do with all the sports teams, activities, the beach, and so on. Even the weather is what they're after since the kids obviously enjoy playing outside.

Don't the daily bumps live somewhere around Murrieta? I know they probably make way more, but their house is definitely more extravagant than anything Samika is looking for

Return to “Q-Z”