Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by winniewise »

winniewise wrote:My mother consistently lied to me and tried to get my siblings and me to cry telling us stories of Christian martyrs. As you can guess, now I don't trust a word that comes out of her mouth and I would not take advice from her on anything.

Anyway, I thought her lying about the cactus was pretty funny. Trying to get Cody to be upset about eating cactus and trying to get Boston (who has worked hard on self control) to cry at the store with the fake pet was pretty sick and twisted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Oops! I meant to say making Cody eat the seaweed!

I think Bonnie just thinks it's hilarious to prank her kids. I wouldn't personally do to my kids what she does to hers, but what she does is nowhere near the emotional torture a true narcissist puts their kids through.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

winniewise wrote:
winniewise wrote:My mother consistently lied to me and tried to get my siblings and me to cry telling us stories of Christian martyrs. As you can guess, now I don't trust a word that comes out of her mouth and I would not take advice from her on anything.

Anyway, I thought her lying about the cactus was pretty funny. Trying to get Cody to be upset about eating cactus and trying to get Boston (who has worked hard on self control) to cry at the store with the fake pet was pretty sick and twisted.

I think Bonnie just thinks it's hilarious to prank her kids. I wouldn't personally do to my kids what she does to hers, but what she does is nowhere near the emotional torture a true narcissist puts their kids through.
I agree.

I'll admit it though, the cactus thing with Cody made me laugh.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

What bothered me was the whole idea of conditioning her kids to believe new foods =weird. My goddaughter hated seaweed the first time she tried it. The second time she loved it. I've always tried/liked new "strange" food. I could live on sushi, escargot, lobster, avocado. All of which I know a lot of people who hate those foods or refuse to even try them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

angelfire89 wrote:What bothered me was the whole idea of conditioning her kids to believe new foods =weird. My goddaughter hated seaweed the first time she tried it. The second time she loved it. I've always tried/liked new "strange" food. I could live on sushi, escargot, lobster, avocado. All of which I know a lot of people who hate those foods or refuse to even try them.
They seem to do that with a lot of things, not just food. Different=weird. And now that I have said that, I can't find an example. But I just can't shake this image in my head of her looking at something new and out of her realm of experience, and making a face at it- more than once.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

menehune wrote:I read here before watching the vlog, but hadn't yet watched. I thought it would be interesting to wait and watch with my best-friend who is actually a Cinical Psychologist. She says what she saw in no way equated to concerning abuse, and that playful teasing can actually be a beneficial part of a family's bond (play, not bullying). It's all about the child's reaction. Playful banter or teasing, can actually be a bonding factor if the child isn't overly sensitive or being bullied. In this case she didn't feel Bonnie showed any sinister intent by telling Cody the cactus story, and that she interpreted it as a mother adoring the innocence of her child. Not exploiting.

We also watched the egg prank vlog, the last 3 and a few of the others and she saw nothing to indicate Bonnie or Joel have Narcissistic tendencies (she has a different opinion of Ellie). She pointed out a few moments in the vlogs in particular that illustrate in particular the emotional attachment and connection Bonnie and Joel have with their children. (One in particular with Joel is when Linc ran over to him in yesterday's vlog and he had the drone. On seeing Linc he immediately stopped looking at the drone, bent down and kissed him).

She did think the seaweed joke was a bit far though, but again, didn't feel it indicated a need to control, shame, manipulate or embarrass. The comparisons to Daddy O Five she thought were reaching, unwarranted and dismissive of the abuse that Do5 is guilty of just from what is shown in the vlogs.

But clearly she hasn't watched all the vlogs, nor has she evaluated Bonnie and Joel on a personal level. I just thought it would be interesting to see what her formal/educated opinion is based on the interaction.
I am mostly trying to imagine you inviting your friend over and asking her to watch a handful of YouTube vids lol. I'd be way too embarrassed to let my friends know how I follow some families on YouTube. Or follow anyone on YouTube. ImageImage

I agree that the cactus and seaweed things are relatively harmless and in good fun. The two things I don't like is how often we have seen her "torture" the kids. That's not as big of a deal as what lsmmomsd (lmao by now you'd think I knew exactly what your username is!!!)said, that different is weird. Like way to go to set your children to be an American stereotype.

On another bitchy note: I hate the matching outfits between Bonnie and Olivia in the video. Olivia looked way uncomfortable in those skin-tight shorts that kept riding up. She was even waddling in some clips due to the awkward ride-up. And Bonnie looks like an overgrown toddler when she wears that romper. I think most of it has to do with her sandal choices. They typically are kind of tacky with big flowers. Not all her clothes are like that. I find that she dresses pretty nicely and in flattering clothing 92% of the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
menehune wrote:I read here before watching the vlog, but hadn't yet watched. I thought it would be interesting to wait and watch with my best-friend who is actually a Cinical Psychologist. She says what she saw in no way equated to concerning abuse, and that playful teasing can actually be a beneficial part of a family's bond (play, not bullying). It's all about the child's reaction. Playful banter or teasing, can actually be a bonding factor if the child isn't overly sensitive or being bullied. In this case she didn't feel Bonnie showed any sinister intent by telling Cody the cactus story, and that she interpreted it as a mother adoring the innocence of her child. Not exploiting.

We also watched the egg prank vlog, the last 3 and a few of the others and she saw nothing to indicate Bonnie or Joel have Narcissistic tendencies (she has a different opinion of Ellie). She pointed out a few moments in the vlogs in particular that illustrate in particular the emotional attachment and connection Bonnie and Joel have with their children. (One in particular with Joel is when Linc ran over to him in yesterday's vlog and he had the drone. On seeing Linc he immediately stopped looking at the drone, bent down and kissed him).

She did think the seaweed joke was a bit far though, but again, didn't feel it indicated a need to control, shame, manipulate or embarrass. The comparisons to Daddy O Five she thought were reaching, unwarranted and dismissive of the abuse that Do5 is guilty of just from what is shown in the vlogs.

But clearly she hasn't watched all the vlogs, nor has she evaluated Bonnie and Joel on a personal level. I just thought it would be interesting to see what her formal/educated opinion is based on the interaction.
I am mostly trying to imagine you inviting your friend over and asking her to watch a handful of YouTube vids lol. I'd be way too embarrassed to let my friends know how I follow some families on YouTube. Or follow anyone on YouTube. ImageImage

I agree that the cactus and seaweed things are relatively harmless and in good fun. The two things I don't like is how often we have seen her "torture" the kids. That's not as big of a deal as what lsmmomsd (lmao by now you'd think I knew exactly what your username is!!!)said, that different is weird. Like way to go to set your children to be an American stereotype.

On another bitchy note: I hate the matching outfits between Bonnie and Olivia in the video. Olivia looked way uncomfortable in those skin-tight shorts that kept riding up. She was even waddling in some clips due to the awkward ride-up. And Bonnie looks like an overgrown toddler when she wears that romper. I think most of it has to do with her sandal choices. They typically are kind of tacky with big flowers. Not all her clothes are like that. I find that she dresses pretty nicely and in flattering clothing 92% of the time!

Lol. My friend was coming over anyway to drink wine while the kids play (scandalous!) and we usually end up perusing social media, watching FB/YT vids at some point for giggles. She's familiar with some family vloggers, and is actually the one that turned me onto a few of the smaller channels I follow, so I have no shame in discussing the general debates had here.

I'm normal I swear :P
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^^^ I wish I knew someone IRL to gossip about youtubers with! Hahaha. My friends would think I was a nut. Like explaining DBs, Trisha paytas, all the Mormons I've followed, Fowler sisters, planner videos, Shane Dawson, Gigi, mukbang channel, etc. I seriously wonder if ANY of my friends use YouTube on a daily basis like I do. Maybe they're watching more actual TV.

But that makes me curious, how many of us discuss YouTube dramas with friends IRL???? Can a poll be started somewhere?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

PostyMcPosterston wrote:^^^ I wish I knew someone IRL to gossip about youtubers with! Hahaha. My friends would think I was a nut. Like explaining DBs, Trisha paytas, all the Mormons I've followed, Fowler sisters, planner videos, Shane Dawson, Gigi, mukbang channel, etc. I seriously wonder if ANY of my friends use YouTube on a daily basis like I do. Maybe they're watching more actual TV.

But that makes me curious, how many of us discuss YouTube dramas with friends IRL???? Can a poll be started somewhere?

Talk to Krypto and I, we have Trisha and the Mormons covered Image

I don't have any IRL friends that I know watch YT vloggers either. Not that I know do anyway. The friends I've made here have been great for that!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

menehune wrote:
Lol. My friend was coming over anyway to drink wine while the kids play (scandalous!) and we usually end up perusing social media, watching FB/YT vids at some point for giggles. She's familiar with some family vloggers, and is actually the one that turned me onto a few of the smaller channels I follow, so I have no shame in discussing the general debates had here.

I'm normal I swear :P
I have told others about vlogging and how much some of these channels are making which surprised them. No one I knows follows YouTube channels and I was surprised to see there was a board to discuss vlogs. On this message board, I've found others who post thought-provoking respectful messages. I haven't felt embarrassed watching or discussing vlogs on these social media platforms.

In reality, these family vlogs are more mainstream than we think with well known companies investing their advertiser dollars with ads, product placements and sponsoring channels.

Interesting fact: As of February 2017, there are more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube each minute, and one billion hours of content is watched on YouTube every day.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tratra58 wrote:Interesting fact: As of February 2017, there are more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube each minute, and one billion hours of content is watched on YouTube every day.
No doubt and not surprised in the least. Could you site the source for those stats? :)
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

It never occurred to me before that seals were dangerous. We see them sunning themselves on the beaches all the time, so I hadn't considered that they are carnivorous and likely dangerous. I even looked it up to be sure!

I'm glad to see B&J making the most of their time in HI. They have done a lot more than I thought they would, and really seem to be enjoying the island life. I think getting away from the UT bubble has been great for them, and only hope they don't fall back into a rut again just hanging out in E&Js hot tub when they get home. They can at least hike the mountains, or go to the lake more often.

Anyone else think the cute turtle moment was totally ruined by Bonnie mentioning Calvin?
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:It never occurred to me before that seals were dangerous. We see them sunning themselves on the beaches all the time, so I hadn't considered that they are carnivorous and likely dangerous. I even looked it up to be sure!

I'm glad to see B&J making the most of their time in HI. They have done a lot more than I thought they would, and really seem to be enjoying the island life. I think getting away from the UT bubble has been great for them, and only hope they don't fall back into a rut again just hanging out in E&Js hot tub when they get home. They can at least hike the mountains, or go to the lake more often.

Anyone else think the cute turtle moment was totally ruined by Bonnie mentioning Calvin?
I'm so glad Bonnie tried surfing!!

I hope they don't go back to their boring rut either. But I also noticed that it seems prevalent within the Griffiths that Hawaii is the most travels that they've done. I'd love for her to go beyond the 50 states. She seems to appreciate different sceneries, and I can only hope she'd embrace other cultures. Even if it's somewhere generic like London and Paris (I love these places, just meaning it's a pretty common travelers destination)

And YES!!! That really goofy face popped into my head. Ick!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I wouldn't be as worried about seals on land, but you don't want to get around sea lions. Although I wouldn't walk right up to a seal. They're definitely carnivorous wild animals. And late spring is breeding season, when the males are likely to be aggressive, and females have pups to protect.
Elephant seals are definitely dangerous. They're huge, and move faster than you'd think.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:Interesting fact: As of February 2017, there are more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube each minute, and one billion hours of content is watched on YouTube every day.
No doubt and not surprised in the least. Could you site the source for those stats? :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
https://www.brandwatch.com/blog/36-youtube-stats-2016/
justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

HelloSweetie wrote:
winniewise wrote:

I agree.

I'll admit it though, the cactus thing with Cody made me laugh.
I thought this was pretty funny too. Coming from cactus country, I assumed she had been telling the kids this was a jumping cactus and Cody thought that meant the cactus was going to walk right over to him.

pendleton
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pendleton »

For the few vlogs I still watch, I have to turn down the volume when Bonnie laughs at herself over and over again.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

pendleton wrote:For the few vlogs I still watch, I have to turn down the volume when Bonnie laughs at herself over and over again.
These vloggers crack themselves up, don't they?

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 152895.png[/img]

he was put on this earth to love her... that's not self-centred at all. yikes! staying true to the griffiths tradition of making other people's birthdays about themselves!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Blehmieux wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 152895.png[/img]

he was put on this earth to love her... that's not self-centred at all. yikes! staying true to the griffiths tradition of making other people's birthdays about themselves!

She always talks about how he's a mama's boy, and is really sensitive and in tune with her. We've seen this in vlogs even. I don't think it's a big deal if she means he's loving in nature. It's different from Ellie who makes EVERYTHING about her. Bonnie doesn't make a habit of doing that.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”