Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by tratra58 »

"Happy Birthday Cody Clark. You were put on this earth to love me, and you do it perfectly everyday. I love you my little 6 year old."

I had to read this over a second time. Is it terrible thing to say, no. Is it odd, yes. I believe moms are so condition to feel they are the caregivers and the ones who love unconditionally, it seems odd to see it expressed just the opposite. But I agree with an above message and I think perhaps this is the Mormon culture where moms are revered or the center part of the family. I really think the teasing and laughing at her children goes too far, but this is just odd and hurts no one since I doubt her kids read her IG or Twitter.
spartangirl93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by spartangirl93 »

Blehmieux wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 152895.png[/img]

he was put on this earth to love her... that's not self-centred at all. yikes! staying true to the griffiths tradition of making other people's birthdays about themselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't watched their vlogs or read here in a good while but as soon as I saw this I wanted to see what people would have to say about it here. It does rub me the wrong way a little bit. Maybe if, like someone else mentioned, she framed it more about who Cody is not what he does for her.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Watching today's vlog, I wish they would have gone out and got a few presents for Cody's birthday. Being praised for accepting the waterpark was his present isn't what you expect parents to tell a six year old. They had the time and money to go shopping. What is with the Griffiths eating birthday cakes. They can't cut the cake into pieces?

I don't know how Joel ignores some of the things Bonnie does or says.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:Watching today's vlog, I wish they would have gone out and got a few presents for Cody's birthday. Being praised for accepting the waterpark was his present isn't what you expect parents to tell a six year old. They had the time and money to go shopping. What is with the Griffiths eating birthday cakes. They can't cut the cake into pieces?

They probably don't have big enough bags to take much home. They only brought those smaller ones.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:Watching today's vlog, I wish they would have gone out and got a few presents for Cody's birthday. Being praised for accepting the waterpark was his present isn't what you expect parents to tell a six year old. They had the time and money to go shopping. What is with the Griffiths eating birthday cakes. They can't cut the cake into pieces?

They probably don't have big enough bags to take much home. They only brought those smaller ones.
Well, that is probably true. I image if they are home in a week, they'll have something for him. I would have said it this way "it is difficult to find enough room in the suitcases for birthday gifts to bring on the trip home so we'll celebrate your birthday again when we get home too. They replicate the Ellie and Jared month long birthday celebration lol. I just wasn't crazy how she said to Cody is it ok the waterpark is your birthday present.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tratra58 wrote:Talking about being YouTube being part of mainstream media. Good Morning America covered DaddyoFive http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/parents ... d=47072871
Thanks for the link.

OT: For anyone interested in this YouTube family I've been following the story and have posted several links in a thread on YTMD started by someone else: http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=244&t=12927
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, wait-- she's been in Hawaii for three weeks, and hasn't sent Aunt Linda a post card yet? No wonder Aunt Linda is getting impatient....
I wonder if they were getting "yelled at" by the lifeguards because they generally ignore safety, and things that they probably think are no big deal (say, running around a pool)
are against the rules. And while Cody was opening his present, Lincoln was standing on the table. Did they learn anything from him needing stitches?
Nitpicking alert: those sunglasses look wrong for Joel's face. I know they're Ray Ban, but they just don't look right.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I find the fact they didn't get Cody a birthday card and a gift sad. All the kids were able to enjoy the vacation. All the kids were able to enjoy the waterpark. This is Cody's day. He should have something all for himself from his parents. Maybe some alone time with dad and a surf lesson. A small $20 gift he can open with his cake isn't a huge task.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:So, wait-- she's been in Hawaii for three weeks, and hasn't sent Aunt Linda a post card yet? No wonder Aunt Linda is getting impatient....
I wonder if they were getting "yelled at" by the lifeguards because they generally ignore safety, and things that they probably think are no big deal (say, running around a pool)
are against the rules. And while Cody was opening his present, Lincoln was standing on the table. Did they learn anything from him needing stitches?
Nitpicking alert: those sunglasses look wrong for Joel's face. I know they're Ray Ban, but they just don't look right.
Bonnie made a specific point of showing the viewers her postcard_writing_morning in the vlog a couple of vlogs ago and then showed posting the whole pile in the post box. She either didn't bother doing one for Linda or simply forgot. What I think happened is Linda (who Bonnie didn't even know watches their vlogs) got all excited at the prospect of receiving a postcard and told Jennifer. I would hazard a guess that Jennifer then asked Bonnie on her birthday (or other) phone call to Cody if she'd sent Linda one, which she hadn't, until the scene we saw in today's vlog rectifying the situation.

Lincoln moved from the table and was standing up on the couch by the railing - I know Joel was there at that moment but others scenes have shown the kids out there alone. I would for sure have moved the couch to the opposite wall on that balcony the day I arrived at the property with such young children.

Ref Cody's birthday, having room in their luggage or not shouldn't negate giving your son at least a freaking birthday card. Heck, they could have even put a ten dollar note in it. Pretty darn easy to take that back home on the plane and it's not as if they didn't know they were going to be there for his birthday before leaving Utah.
Last edited by Scar2016 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Green Jello
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Green Jello »

Blehmieux wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 152895.png[/img]

he was put on this earth to love her... that's not self-centred at all. yikes! staying true to the griffiths tradition of making other people's birthdays about themselves!

That's what drives me crazy about Bonnie, I don't think I've ever heard her say that she loves Joel, just that she loves how much he loves her and this with Cody makes me wonder if she's that starved for love is that all she sees?

I can name so many things I love about my husband and kids and how much they love me is not one of them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Green Jello wrote: That's what drives me crazy about Bonnie, I don't think I've ever heard her say that she loves Joel, just that she loves how much he loves her and this with Cody makes me wonder if she's that starved for love is that all she sees?

I can name so many things I love about my husband and kids and how much they love me is not one of them.

No, she does say she loves him. I'm newer to Bonnie's vlogs so I've recently been binge watching them, and she definitely says she loves him all the time (particularly with the renovations). She praises all he does for their family, but she usually does say she loves him. Not sure if you mean she doesn't mention it on IG or Twitter. No doubt about it she loves him.

There has been speculation that Jennifer is a Narcissist right? If so, then some of the behaviours Bonnie is getting criticized are totally normal to her. It's quite sad. I had to write a research paper once on the guilt that victims of Narc parents often feel, and how many choose not to have children for fear of passing along abusive tendencies. Bonnie has a few stories that show she might have been the scapegoat child (like Jackson). I think this is why we see she does try hard to treat all her children the same, but there are obviously going to be things that seem totally harmless that she doesn't even realize. We are watching it all play out with the next generation over on Ellie's channel. If everything stays the same, then Calvin is at risk of growing up with similar delusions of grandeur to Ellie. Jackson could break free, but ultimately still have some pretty messed up ideas about what is normal :(
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Green Jello wrote:
Blehmieux wrote:

That's what drives me crazy about Bonnie, I don't think I've ever heard her say that she loves Joel, just that she loves how much he loves her and this with Cody makes me wonder if she's that starved for love is that all she sees?

You hit the nail on the head for me. I remember in a vlog Bonnie proudly stating that Joel sold his drums to rent a car to take her to prom. Being loving is ok, but losing yourself in someone else and living to make them happy is unhealthy. It's called codependency. I saw Joel come to life at Pearl Harbor. I don't think he is able to pursue those things at home because it's not Bonnie's thing. Heck the poor guy eats eggs for dinner half the time because she doesn't cook meat because she's not a fan. I think Joel would be more fulfilled if he lived more for himself and less for Bonnie. I'm not sure Bonnie would like it but it would be better for him in the long run.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

tratra58 wrote:I saw the thumbnail too and I felt she is wrong. These kids already give enough to your income to have both parents stay at home and travel. Now you used them in an insensitive way to film them.

No Bonnie, continue to do things like make your child eat sea weed or tell them silly lies and they will not trust you. I still remember the Suburban spinning donuts in the parking lot with Joel and Bonnie laughing and the kids screaming in the back...stupid parents.
I really couldn't believe what I saw! What she doesn't get is it's not the risk of him not trusting his mother, it's about her son trusting people he shouldn't, in his future. Way to go Bonnie, exactly the opposite of handing your kid the tool of critical thinking to be able to protect himself!
Night Cheese
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Night Cheese »

Regardingthe drums, I recall Bonnie saying she felt bad about it, so I didn't interpret it as her being proud, but guilty in hindsight.

In today's video Bonnie states that she wanted to get Cody a present but Joel was the one who claimed the waterpark was the present... I also thought she heavily hinted there may be something at home for Cody. I liked that the birthday was a waterpark and ice cream cake! Very kid friendly and not pinteresty.

I've actually felt like Bonnie has selectively made Joel look good on through editing (when she was in charge of editing). She can be self-deprecating and can acknowledge when she is being unreasonable (sometimes) but I think she can be protective of how Joel is portrayed. My opinion anyways... But she definitely says she loves him.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I was just coming on here to post this. The way they eat cake irks me to no end! Why can't they ever cut it nicely?? They're always shoving their faces or biting the cake without cutting it. Why would you sit there and eat it so weird like that?? It's kind of a waste I feel like. Serve it individually without sharing it as one big cake. Geez! Haha.
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

They took one suitcase per person to Hawaii, he has a present waiting for him at home, come on let's not.
He even got the cake he wanted and had tons of fun with his siblings at the park - which I'm sure it's where he wanted to go. AND he's in Hawaii AND he got a present from his grandparents. I don't see what else they could have done for the kid. If they had given him a present, they'd be criticized too. He got more than most kids his age.
you can call me kath.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:

I was just coming on here to post this. The way they eat cake irks me to no end! Why can't they ever cut it nicely?? They're always shoving their faces or biting the cake without cutting it. Why would you sit there and eat it so weird like that?? It's kind of a waste I feel like. Serve it individually without sharing it as one big cake. Geez! Haha.
And Joel was feeding the kids. Can't they each have a plate and feed themselves? It was weird.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kathpt wrote:They took one suitcase per person to Hawaii, he has a present waiting for him at home, come on let's not.
He even got the cake he wanted and had tons of fun with his siblings at the park - which I'm sure it's where he wanted to go. AND he's in Hawaii AND he got a present from his grandparents. I don't see what else they could have done for the kid. If they had given him a present, they'd be criticized too. He got more than most kids his age.

I wouldn't have been critical of them if they gave Cody a present. Kids love to open up birthday presents. Has Olivia or Cody had birthday parties with their classmates or friends? Or is it always just family?

I also like the idea giving a birthday card with some cash for Cody. :)
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
kathpt wrote:They took one suitcase per person to Hawaii, he has a present waiting for him at home, come on let's not.
I am going to add one thing in regards to your comment "he got more than most kids his age." Bottom line, without Cody and his siblings, they would be living a very different life with a lower standard of living. So to say Cody has more than most kids is he works more than most kids by being filmed and watched by millions of viewers. Every once in a while, I believe Bonnie and Joel should be reminded they are living the way they do with their children as part of the equation when it comes to their twenty thousand plus monthly revenues. Neither of them would be successful YouTubers without their kids nor do they have the education or skills to earn this income in traditional jobs. There has been some instances over they years, I believe the kids could be embarrassed by what has been vlogged.

*This could apply to all family channels. The only one I think does it pretty well without these odd moments is J House Vlogs and they are quite successful.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

My issue with the birthday situation is that Joel didn't want to get him a present (let's be real here, this ones on Joel - getting him a present was Bonnie's idea, she ran it by Joel and he said no - that the water park was his present). It seems that doing fun stuff and adventures was the priority(which is still great, I'm so glad they aren't just sitting around watching movies like they do at home) and codys birthday was an afterthought - hence Bonnie saying "oh shoot, we don't have a present - should we go get him a present" not that they forgot his birthday obviously just that with all the adventures, celebrating HIM wasn't the priority.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”