Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

She had a tone of concern which really annoyed me. Lincoln is still a little guy compared to other kids his age. When he was whining she started rocking him like a little baby. So strange. You'd think she would know how to treat him since she's seen him at least weekly since he was born.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/quote]
I didn't hear that as concern, more as shock at how much he had grown. I was away from family for about a month and my nephew who was around Lincoln's age felt like he had gained 20 pounds, just because I hadn't seen him for a month. I really don't think Ellie was criticising his weight. I will say it was crazy to see how huge Lincoln looked being held by tiny Ellie.[/quote]

Then what not say "he's gotten so big!" Or something? The word "fat" is just so harsh, especially coming from his aunt.

I've seen many chubby toddlers in my life, but have never thought of one as fat. Coming from Ellie, I just don't can't see it as an innocent comment.[/quote]

If this is how she meant it, she definitely could have gone about it differently. Like you said, "he's gotten so big!" or even "He's gotten chunky" (if she meant it that way) sounds better than "he's soo fat, Bonnie.." Weight is always a weird subject when it comes to Ellie because she HAS to be so skinny and perfect and she judges everyone else around her. She even preaches online about how people shouldn't comment on her weight and how its rude and uncalled for. Well Ellie, you must throw that word around easily if you referred to an almost 2 year old as "fat".
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Then what not say "he's gotten so big!" Or something? The word "fat" is just so harsh, especially coming from his aunt.

I've seen many chubby toddlers in my life, but have never thought of one as fat. Coming from Ellie, I just don't can't see it as an innocent comment.
All around odd to call a toddler "fat" especially when he isn't. It looked like Lincoln couldn't wait to get out of Ellie's arms while she held him. I sometimes think Ellie makes remarks about kid's looks or points out other kid's behavior to compensate for her youngest.

Update on average daily views.... Bonnie and Joel 519K and E+J 517K
E+J now have two siblings who have surpassed their channel at this time with average daily views = income.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, Ruby and Bonnie aren't with networks, so unlike E&J, they are keeping all their income. That's really got to chap their hides.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:Plus, Ruby and Bonnie aren't with networks, so unlike E&J, they are keeping all their income. That's really got to chap their hides.

It's a bit like comparing apples to oranges though. All are fruit, but they appeal to different palates.

Ruby appeals to the pre-teen crown.

E&J have the child (DB crossover) audience.

Bonnie still has mostly adults.

It's really interesting, and has to have a lot to do with the women themselves. I don't think the husband's are that large of a factor because Kevin is largely absent.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But if you're looking at views/money coming in, it's got to irritate Ellie especially that her sisters are getting more views, and then don't have to share their take with a network.

flybabykris_2017
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by flybabykris_2017 »

lmmomSD wrote:Plus, Ruby and Bonnie aren't with networks, so unlike E&J, they are keeping all their income. That's really got to chap their hides.

what does 'with networks' mean? I've seen people talk about that but have no idea what it means.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

flybabykris_2017 wrote:

what does 'with networks' mean? I've seen people talk about that but have no idea what it means.

Signed with a network (fullscreen for example). So the network does all the networking for a channel, advertises it, organises brand deals, sets up collabs with other channels signed to the same network, puts on panels at playlist... that kind of thing. They take a percentage of your income.
So Ellie and Jared and Bonnie could earn the same amount of money off their channels nut Bonnie is pocketing a fair chunk more money because she isn't paying a network and she does all of her own networking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

flybabykris_2017 wrote:

An MCN, or Multi Channel Network, is an organized group of channels. They help with getting sponsors, understanding demographics and viewer engagement, and offer protection if YouTube messes with you or someone infringes on your copyright. In exchange, they take a percentage of your earnings. Shay and his friends founded Maker Studios and sold it to Disney for a whole bunch of money (like $500 million!), so it's big business.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:But if you're looking at views/money coming in, it's got to irritate Ellie especially that her sisters are getting more views, and then don't have to share their take with a network.

And I was looking at growth. I would say Ruby has the most potential with the preteen group and makes double what her sisters are making.

Even thought they attract different age groups, they have to sustain this interest with vlog content and Bonnie and Ruby are doing very well. The fact they have different age groups following them says Bonnie and Ruby did it more on their own and there was less help from E+J. Good for them!

If both Ruby and Bonnie buy/build new houses (bigger and better lots etc) it might be interesting to see E+J reaction.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:But if you're looking at views/money coming in, it's got to irritate Ellie especially that her sisters are getting more views, and then don't have to share their take with a network.

And I was looking at growth. I would say Ruby has the most potential with the preteen group and makes double what her sisters are making.

Even thought they attract different age groups, they have to sustain this interest with vlog content and Bonnie and Ruby are doing very well. The fact they have different age groups following them says Bonnie and Ruby did it more on their own and there was less help from E+J. Good for them!

If both Ruby and Bonnie buy/build new houses (bigger and better lots etc) it might be interesting to see E+J reaction.
Ellie will just build again. She's already said
before that this is their "starter house." Hee tune just changed the more elaborate thttat house got. My guess is it's still HER plan though, especially since Jennifer built multiple homes Image. They didn't build enough bedrooms so I'm sure that can always be the excuse.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:Totally OT, but I figured out part of what bugs me irrationally about Bonnie's crazy eyelashes. She blinks a LOT with them on. It's like they bug her too. Those long lashes and all the blinking are like a caricature.
Lol. You mentioned before that they remind you of caterpillars. Maybe they're in the pupal stage and Bonnie's manic blinking is the wings practicing before take off. ;)
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

wow first time i watch them since they went to Hawai and boy they ate good there. i never noticed Bonnie double chin as much as i did today, even Joel got a pot belly :D and Oliivia got a bit chubby too lol she inherited Bonnies body frame but its normal to gain a bit after vacacion and eating out all the time i guess :)
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Jennthelurker wrote:wow first time i watch them since they went to Hawai and boy they ate good there. i never noticed Bonnie double chin as much as i did today, even Joel got a pot belly :D and Oliivia got a bit chubby too lol she inherited Bonnies body frame but its normal to gain a bit after vacacion and eating out all the time i guess :)
I think they do need to get back to some normal eating. I thought they were all in bathing suits and it was more noticeable too. Joel has put on weight since he has been at home and this is likely due to his former job was much more active than sitting on a coach editing. I would add Cullen and Jared with this less active or sitting occupation have gained weight over the years. Bonnie struggles with this issue and Olivia I would say is ok, but a good diet at home will ensure she will grow up at a healthy weight. Today's vlog was not a good angle for filming Bonnie's face or she has gained weight.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

tratra58 wrote:
Jennthelurker wrote:wow first time i watch them since they went to Hawai and boy they ate good there. i never noticed Bonnie double chin as much as i did today, even Joel got a pot belly :D and Oliivia got a bit chubby too lol she inherited Bonnies body frame but its normal to gain a bit after vacacion and eating out all the time i guess :)
I think they do need to get back to some normal eating. I thought they were all in bathing suits and it was more noticeable too. Joel has put on weight since he has been at home and this is likely due to his former job was much more active than sitting on a coach editing. I would add Cullen and Jared with this less active or sitting occupation have gained weight over the years. Bonnie struggles with this issue and Olivia I would say is ok, but a good diet at home will ensure she will grow up at a healthy weight. Today's vlog was not a good angle for filming Bonnie's face or she has gained weight.
Most of the vloggers seem to lead sedentary lives. They hang around the house most of the day editing videos, taking the kids to some activity or going out for fast food. I tuned in today to see their video since getting home from Hawaii but after seeing Lincoln laying on the floor in his diaper with the paci in his mouth and Bonnie cooing to him I asked myself why the hell was I watching such a boring video lol...especially after Hawaii. Most of them having very ordinary, unexciting lives and I stopped watching DB, E&J ages ago (their egos became too obnoxious) and Bonnie will be next...unless they return to Hawaii lol.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

Ellie will just build again. She's already said
before that this is their "starter house." Hee tune just changed the more elaborate thttat house got. My guess is it's still HER plan though, especially since Jennifer built multiple homes Image. They didn't build enough bedrooms so I'm sure that can always be the excuse.
I agree about Ellie building again. I think Bonnie and Joel use their space wisely, but if they moved, I could easily see or understand this having no office with a home business and limited kitchen space. They would need to find a good lot or backyard since they have such a nice one now. I will add they should get a new safer car or truck for Joel.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I never realized before that B&J don't even have an office. I bet Joel wires a plug into the closet or something so they have a place to put that printer so it isn't just in the middle of the floor.

Lincoln is definitely not fat. His legs looked so petite in what he was wearing today! Still side-eying Ellie for that comment.

Loved the edit of inserting the pictures into the vlog when the kids were listed their future professions. That scene also made me realize just how little we see a lot of the other YT kids. I can't recall seeing that from Ollie, Jackson, MG, etc. Most kids Boston's age have a huge "when I grow up" list! I'm glad she pressed Olivia for a job other than "mom" or "housekeeper." At least it gets Olivia's mind thinking about the options.

Guess Cody didn't get a helmet with him a bike. Fingers crossed he will. Glad to see the kids back in school though.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I hope B&J do move. That house seems a bit too small - especially since they don't have a home office. How have they not had even a basic printer until just now?? Yes, you can do contracts and things online now, but I do a lot of freelance work and usually like to print out contracts and other things to file away - like for taxes, etc. Without a network, Bonnie (and probably Joel) must be negotiating all the brand deals themselves. Of course, they could be signed with one of those brand deal companies, like Trending Family, so maybe they aren't doing all the work themselves.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I loved it when Joel put in the pictures of the professions the kids chose. I actually laughed out loud and watched that part twice!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:I loved it when Joel put in the pictures of the professions the kids chose. I actually laughed out loud and watched that part twice!
Pee Wee and the bike was the best. I love when vloggers can get their humour and personality into the edit.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

Its too late. Olivia wants to be a mom or a housekeeper when she grows up.

Cute vlog, I like that they're back.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”