Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lovingthisforum wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
nc_mom wrote:

Why don't you make your bed? I can't stand looking at clutter and disarray...especially in the bedroom which is my sanctuary! Just because they moved does not mean they will become different people but when you have something new and nice you'd think they would want to keep it that way. Instead of lounging around on the sofas they should be unpacking and getting organized...they have help, too! They have been there just a few days but hanging up the clothes does not take that long...making the bed takes even less time lol.
My husband and i are quite like C&K, i don't make my bed basically bc we are the only ones who see it and in my eyes, there is no point, the only time i see my bed is when i'm getting in it, and when i'm getting out of it. My bed is made once a week when i wash my linens, If my sheets are rumpled then... oh well.. LOL Every person is different and every person has different standards. My house is cluttered, but clean, it has messy parts and always will. I'm ok with that and so is my husband. It's fine that you are different, but wanting everyone else to live up your standards (or mine) is kinda unrealistic. Cullen and Katie will always be that way too. It's just gonna happen. I brought up the whole thing about them being the same people even though they have moved bc i did see someone post that they were disappointed that Cullen was still acting like himself now that they are in a nicer, upscale neighborhood. I would be upset of they changed their personality just bc they moved. Stay true to yourself and all that jazz, your address should not dictate your personality..
I don't think the person meant live up to her standards, but it were Katie and Cullen themselves who said they wanted to live a more de-cluttered life and take a fresh start. I was noticing too there was clutter "everywhere", but hadn't determined what to think about it yet.

And no Cullen, I wouldn't put that water apparatus over there, next to the wall closet in the kitchen, you completely misunderstood the 'essence' (don't know a better word in English?) of that wall IMO, which I think should stay simple with only the closet and the side of the stairs, to let it be in its own right. And take that closet away from the window in the playing room!
Don't get me wrong! I have high hopes and expectations for them to keep up with what they said, i just think that they need a little time. The house isn't going to be 100% spotlessly perfect and organized by wiggling their noses. I think we forgot its only been 3 full days! I think it's perfectly acceptable that they are a bit messy and behind on laundry and that everything isn't organized yet. I also think it's perfectly fine that they are living off take out these first few days. Stuff like that takes time, and with painting and whatever remodels they do it may be ever longer before they get to where they hoped to be when they made the statement about changing old habits. If ya'll can get a house unpacked, perfectly organized, painting and remodels done, spotlessly clean, all the laundry done and toys kept out of sight, plus take care of 2 kids in less than 3 days then by god ya'll all are gonna pitch in at my place next time i move! :lol:
janica
Talker
Talker

Re: Cullen and katie : Moving On Up. Part #10

Unread post by janica »

lovingthisforum wrote:
auntasaurus19 wrote:
If the golf course is designed correctly, the balls are hit away from the homes. C&K also have tall trees that line the course, so I'm sure the trees are quite the barrier. However, there could always be a stray ball hit here or there so it's still risky to be in the backyard when golfers are present. From what I've seen, this course and club seem to be pretty popular. The odds of being struck by a golfball are probably very low. Would I put my family in the backyard and take the risk of them being killed by a golfball? Hell no.
I think she believes they literally live on the golf course. I live in her country and they aren't used to anything and think everything is weird.
It's not very common here, so I wanted some information. Nothing wrong with that
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

askeptichere wrote:I don't think they need to have everything unpacked. I apologize if that's how my comment came off. I just think that if they are going to follow through with their own comments of wanting to stay more organized and eat healthier, they should try to keep up with what has already been unpacked, and not have boxes of Taco Bell and Pho after only 3 days. I understand moving can be stressful and it can take a while to get into a routine. But if we continue to see them fall back into their old habits, I won't expect to see any change in their lifestyle anytime soon. If a move isn't enough motivation, what will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree! They want to be more organized and eat healthier but I think they are too far gone in their ways to change now. If we look at the new house videos a few months from now I'm sure it will look just as messy and cluttered as the old house...only more rooms to try and maintain. I'm wondering if they will have weekly maid service to keep up with the new, larger rooms and spaces that they did not have before?
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

janica wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:
auntasaurus19 wrote:
If the golf course is designed correctly, the balls are hit away from the homes. C&K also have tall trees that line the course, so I'm sure the trees are quite the barrier. However, there could always be a stray ball hit here or there so it's still risky to be in the backyard when golfers are present. From what I've seen, this course and club seem to be pretty popular. The odds of being struck by a golfball are probably very low. Would I put my family in the backyard and take the risk of them being killed by a golfball? Hell no.
I think she believes they literally live on the golf course. I live in her country and they aren't used to anything and think everything is weird.
It's not very common here, so I wanted some information. Nothing wrong with that
All the real estate web sites which were showing their property for sale specifically mentioned the house was on the 16th hole. The area behind their yard at the golf cart walkway will be buzzing with golfers especially weekends. Their HOA says they cannot fence off the back so what will they do? Where will Gaines and Brooks play unsupervised and what about the dogs? It just doesn't make sense to me that of all the beautiful, suitable properties with gorgeous fenced-in yards, in the upscale areas why they would select a house backing up to the 16th hole of a golf course?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nc_mom wrote:
askeptichere wrote:I don't think they need to have everything unpacked. I apologize if that's how my comment came off. I just think that if they are going to follow through with their own comments of wanting to stay more organized and eat healthier, they should try to keep up with what has already been unpacked, and not have boxes of Taco Bell and Pho after only 3 days. I understand moving can be stressful and it can take a while to get into a routine. But if we continue to see them fall back into their old habits, I won't expect to see any change in their lifestyle anytime soon. If a move isn't enough motivation, what will be?

I agree! They want to be more organized and eat healthier but I think they are too far gone in their ways to change now. If we look at the new house videos a few months from now I'm sure it will look just as messy and cluttered as the old house...only more rooms to try and maintain. I'm wondering if they will have weekly maid service to keep up with the new, larger rooms and spaces that they did not have before?
I don't believe anyone is ever too far gone to change... maybe everything will be still messy and cluttered in 3 months, but if that's how they want to live their life then so be it. I just don't think anyone should have to live up to anyone elses expectations, especially internet strangers. I get that you really dislike them a lot, and the house, but they have every right to live the life they want to live, and if that means they are cluttered then its Ok.. I really do hope that they make some changes, i think every one of us here hopes that they do, but if they don't they have to live with that, not us.. all we have to do is not watch if we disagree with their lifestyle choices. And they also don't have to magically change overnight. Bad habits are built over time, and it takes time to replace bad habits with good ones. Do i want them to make changes, sure! But i think it's a bit unrealistic to expect them to be perfect overnight.
And sure, i bitch about B&M and E&J, but i don't expect them to change just bc i don't like it, they will continue to do whatever it is that they feel fit, and it is ok to disagree with what i'm saying... I'm just trying to put things in perspective.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nc_mom wrote:
janica wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote: I think she believes they literally live on the golf course. I live in her country and they aren't used to anything and think everything is weird.
All the real estate web sites which were showing their property for sale specifically mentioned the house was on the 16th hole. The area behind their yard at the golf cart walkway will be buzzing with golfers especially weekends. Their HOA says they cannot fence off the back so what will they do? Where will Gaines and Brooks play unsupervised and what about the dogs? It just doesn't make sense to me that of all the beautiful, suitable properties with gorgeous fenced-in yards, in the upscale areas why they would select a house backing up to the 16th hole of a golf course?
They can fence it in, it just has to be a specific type of fence that is approved by the HOA, wrought iron and brick i believe. And i really do think that they picked this house bc it's so close to Kelly and Jay, i think that was the major selling point for them. I wouldn't want to be that close to my sister, but I also dont have as...nice... of a relationship with my sister either, i think its great if thats what they want.. lol
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:
nc_mom wrote:

I don't believe anyone is ever too far gone to change... maybe everything will be still messy and cluttered in 3 months, but if that's how they want to live their life then so be it. I just don't think anyone should have to live up to anyone elses expectations, especially internet strangers. I get that you really dislike them a lot, and the house, but they have every right to live the life they want to live, and if that means they are cluttered then its Ok.. I really do hope that they make some changes, i think every one of us here hopes that they do, but if they don't they have to live with that, not us.. all we have to do is not watch if we disagree with their lifestyle choices. And they also don't have to magically change overnight. Bad habits are built over time, and it takes time to replace bad habits with good ones. Do i want them to make changes, sure! But i think it's a bit unrealistic to expect them to be perfect overnight.
And sure, i bitch about B&M and E&J, but i don't expect them to change just bc i don't like it, they will continue to do whatever it is that they feel fit, and it is ok to disagree with what i'm saying... I'm just trying to put things in perspective.
But I don't think they do want to live their life like that. They've stated several times in past vlogs how they really like the feeling of being organized and not cluttered after seeing how it can be when they were staging their house for sale. And also how they want to start being more active and health conscious. I'm not expecting them to be something they're not. I'm holding them accountable for words that came out of their own mouths. If they want to be cluttered and eat Chick-fil-A every day, more power to them, but own it. Don't make these grandiose plans, and then abandon them after one day. Sorry if this is coming off harsh, but I think that if they are really reading here, maybe they need to hear it.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
nc_mom wrote:
But I don't think they do want to live their life like that. They've stated several times in past vlogs how they really like the feeling of being organized and not cluttered after seeing how it can be when they were staging their house for sale. And also how they want to start being more active and health conscious. I'm not expecting them to be something they're not. I'm holding them accountable for words that came out of their own mouths. If they want to be cluttered and eat Chick-fil-A every day, more power to them, but own it. Don't make these grandiose plans, and then abandon them after one day. Sorry if this is coming off harsh, but I think that if they are really reading here, maybe they need to hear it.

No!! i totally agree! They did say those things and i hope they mean them. I really do hope they achieve the goals that they have set for themselves and yes they should own it, i guess what i'm trying to say is that in MY opinion it's ok that they aren't to that point yet. I'm not giving up on them and just assuming they aren't going to do any of the things they said they were going to try to do (not saying you are giving up on them either) this soon after moving in. Big life changes take time, and small steps tend to stick better than huge leaps. I don't want to sound like i'm making excuses for them, or just kissing ass, bc i REALLY do hope they change just like everyone else, i just don't want to give them hell bc they haven't gotten to where they want to be yet.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Playsinrain wrote: They can fence it in, it just has to be a specific type of fence that is approved by the HOA, wrought iron and brick i believe. And i really do think that they picked this house bc it's so close to Kelly and Jay, i think that was the major selling point for them. I wouldn't want to be that close to my sister, but I also dont have as...nice... of a relationship with my sister either, i think its great if thats what they want.. lol
The language of their HOA specifies that such fences are only approved if the owners have built a pool in the backyard. So I don't think there's a fence in their future.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I just get frustrated with them because we've all seen that they can stick to something if they're really serious. I mean daily vlogging is pretty impressive when you never miss a day in years. And as much as that diet scam they promoted pissed me off, it showed that if they're committed, they can be healthy. I'm forever rooting for them. Just wish they would follow through with things they harp on in the vlogs.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I agree with both of you. I hope they will stick to their goals, but I also think it takes a little time to get settled into the new place. But little things like making a bed and not throwing your clothes on the floor when you go to bed make a difference. It's accomplishing _something_, and that's always good. Little steps. I don't think they have to be all organized and making tofu stir fry, but they haven't even had to go grocery shopping because Granddolly did it, so making their bed and picking up the clothes (or not dropping them on the floor in the first place) are little things they can do that are steps in the right direction. And teaching Gaines to pick up her toys at the end of the day, or putting a toy away before getting another out, are good lessons for her to learn. Each of the kids should have a laundry hamper to put their clothes in. It's not too early to teach them good habits! Especially if they're finding it hard to change themselves.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I can't help but eyeroll at the comment(s) about being organized and tidy after being in their house under a week. As Playsinrain has mentioned, they've been in their new house less than 5 days with loads and loads of boxes. I certainly don't expect them to have everything organized, much less their clothes clean (as Katie mentioned, they had issues with their dryer plug) while entertaining their children and vlogging. Yes, they stay at home but we moved with a 6 week old and I was on maternity leave and it took us month to unpack everything.

Let them get settled first and then let the judgement commence of them turning over a new leaf. In the old house they made their bed daily it seemed like. They're still getting adjusted in a new place and trying to unpack.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Katie seemed off in todays vlog. She seemed annoyed with Cullen lol. I am surprised to see them laying around on the couch not doing much, but maybe they are waiting for the painting to be done.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: They can fence it in, it just has to be a specific type of fence that is approved by the HOA, wrought iron and brick i believe. And i really do think that they picked this house bc it's so close to Kelly and Jay, i think that was the major selling point for them. I wouldn't want to be that close to my sister, but I also dont have as...nice... of a relationship with my sister either, i think its great if thats what they want.. lol
The language of their HOA specifies that such fences are only approved if the owners have built a pool in the backyard. So I don't think there's a fence in their future.
ahhh. i didnt read it as such, i just thought the design was the only stipulation, sorry!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:I can't help but eyeroll at the comment(s) about being organized and tidy after being in their house under a week. As Playsinrain has mentioned, they've been in their new house less than 5 days with loads and loads of boxes. I certainly don't expect them to have everything organized, much less their clothes clean (as Katie mentioned, they had issues with their dryer plug) while entertaining their children and vlogging. Yes, they stay at home but we moved with a 6 week old and I was on maternity leave and it took us month to unpack everything.

Let them get settled first and then let the judgement commence of them turning over a new leaf. In the old house they made their bed daily it seemed like. They're still getting adjusted in a new place and trying to unpack.
Totally agree....these things take time! And things like making a bed aren't top priority when you have a million boxes to unpack, painters in the house, laundry to do and so on and so on..
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Not only have they been in the house a short time, but playlist live is also this weekend.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Everyone is different, I suppose. I make my bed out of habit. It doesn't matter if I have a 7 AM flight and I'm rolling out of bed at 4:30 AM. So it wouldn't much matter if we had just moved (which we did in January) and had a work conference coming up. I like forming good habits, especially if they take such a short period of time to accomplish. They quickly become routine and make life easier.
Green Jello
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Green Jello »

I'm a little late to the cost of the house party. I can't believe how overpriced their house is compared to other houses in the neighborhood. These are how much houses in the neighborhood sold for (I blocked out addresses) the one in red is like right next door. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 274d9f.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

Green Jello wrote:I'm a little late to the cost of the house party. I can't believe how overpriced their house is compared to other houses in the neighborhood. These are how much houses in the neighborhood sold for (I blocked out addresses) the one in red is like right next door. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 274d9f.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7 bathrooms? Yeah that's waaaay to many for me! I'd rather pay more less bathrooms, I hate cleaning the bathroom/toilet!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Playsinrain wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

My husband and i are quite like C&K, i don't make my bed basically bc we are the only ones who see it and in my eyes, there is no point, the only time i see my bed is when i'm getting in it, and when i'm getting out of it. My bed is made once a week when i wash my linens, If my sheets are rumpled then... oh well.. LOL Every person is different and every person has different standards. My house is cluttered, but clean, it has messy parts and always will. I'm ok with that and so is my husband. It's fine that you are different, but wanting everyone else to live up your standards (or mine) is kinda unrealistic. Cullen and Katie will always be that way too. It's just gonna happen. I brought up the whole thing about them being the same people even though they have moved bc i did see someone post that they were disappointed that Cullen was still acting like himself now that they are in a nicer, upscale neighborhood. I would be upset of they changed their personality just bc they moved. Stay true to yourself and all that jazz, your address should not dictate your personality..
I don't think the person meant live up to her standards, but it were Katie and Cullen themselves who said they wanted to live a more de-cluttered life and take a fresh start. I was noticing too there was clutter "everywhere", but hadn't determined what to think about it yet.

And no Cullen, I wouldn't put that water apparatus over there, next to the wall closet in the kitchen, you completely misunderstood the 'essence' (don't know a better word in English?) of that wall IMO, which I think should stay simple with only the closet and the side of the stairs, to let it be in its own right. And take that closet away from the window in the playing room!
Don't get me wrong! I have high hopes and expectations for them to keep up with what they said, i just think that they need a little time. The house isn't going to be 100% spotlessly perfect and organized by wiggling their noses. I think we forgot its only been 3 full days! I think it's perfectly acceptable that they are a bit messy and behind on laundry and that everything isn't organized yet. I also think it's perfectly fine that they are living off take out these first few days. Stuff like that takes time, and with painting and whatever remodels they do it may be ever longer before they get to where they hoped to be when they made the statement about changing old habits. If ya'll can get a house unpacked, perfectly organized, painting and remodels done, spotlessly clean, all the laundry done and toys kept out of sight, plus take care of 2 kids in less than 3 days then by god ya'll all are gonna pitch in at my place next time i move! :lol:
Why are you shouting and so unkind?? I tried to clarify a misunderstanding you started, by saying she shouldn't expect others to follow her standards. That's why I replied she means the standard of Katie and Cullen themselves, not ours.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”