Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

phie20 wrote:Its too late. Olivia wants to be a mom or a housekeeper when she grows up.
It's at least hopeful that Bonnie encouraged Olivia to come up with something else and at least put some thought into it. Ruby and Bonnie can be considered businesswomen at this point, so maybe Olivia will realize she can be a mom AND do something else.

Cody probably won't be a dirt bike rider, the kids are young, and I don't think their paths are necessarily set in stone.... yet.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
phie20 wrote:Its too late. Olivia wants to be a mom or a housekeeper when she grows up.
It's at least hopeful that Bonnie encouraged Olivia to come up with something else and at least put some thought into it. Ruby and Bonnie can be considered businesswomen at this point, so maybe Olivia will realize she can be a mom AND do something else.

Cody probably won't be a dirt bike rider, the kids are young, and I don't think their paths are necessarily set in stone.... yet.
Yes, you're right, I'm just astonished at these young girls answers, cause my first answer certainly wouldn't have been "mom" at her age. As a profession.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

phie20 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Yes, you're right, I'm just astonished at these young girls answers, cause my first answer certainly wouldn't have been "mom" at her age. As a profession.
Yeah, at 8, I wanted to be a jockey. Mom didn't cross my mind as a profession. I think I maybe vaguely thought about it, but being married and having kids wasn't something I thought about much at all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by alym0326 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
alym0326 wrote:So I personally think they spent way too
much for Cody's birthday. They bought him a ridiculously expensive bike that he's going to grow out of in 5 months. Yes, Boston can use it which is great - but as a present FOR Cody. It's kinda shitty to spend so much on a present you can only use for a few months.
(This is just my opinion)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha well Bonnie won't win at all either way she goes on here.

Around here, bikes are a pretty standard gift, especially around that age. I haven't watched today's vlog yet, is the bike too small for him, and that's why you think he will outgrow it? Or is it immature looking? Size-wise, Boston is bigger than Cody, so that wouldn't make sense to me.

Yeah, most threads are a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation since everyone always has different opinions.

I haven't watched the vlog yet either, and am just going off of what is said here. I'm just thinking that kids grow out of bikes very easily - and Cody will probably be grown out of it by the end of the summer. So I was just thinking they could have gotten him a less expensive one and spring for a bigger bike when he's in his teens and will likely be able to use it for years. Regardless, a bike is a great gift.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Alym- I see where you're coming from now. That the bike was just too expensive. Kind of like paying $100 for children's shoes since they grow out of it. I agree with you. I have no idea what bikes cost. We always get the boys' cousins' bikes! Mama likes free

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I never realized before that B&J don't even have an office. I bet Joel wires a plug into the closet or something so they have a place to put that printer so it isn't just in the middle of the floor.

Lincoln is definitely not fat. His legs looked so petite in what he was wearing today! Still side-eying Ellie for that comment.

Loved the edit of inserting the pictures into the vlog when the kids were listed their future professions. That scene also made me realize just how little we see a lot of the other YT kids. I can't recall seeing that from Ollie, Jackson, MG, etc. Most kids Boston's age have a huge "when I grow up" list! I'm glad she pressed Olivia for a job other than "mom" or "housekeeper." At least it gets Olivia's mind thinking about the options.

Guess Cody didn't get a helmet with him a bike. Fingers crossed he will. Glad to see the kids back in school though.
I certainly hope they get him a helmet. Perhaps they could re-do the closet to become the office. There is a lot of doing over of closets talk in the Griffith family. Ruby is making it a full-time project these days!
And I agree, Lincoln is definitely NOT fat.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Cody looked perfect on the bike today, it definitely isn't too small at all!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lmmomSD wrote:
phie20 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: It's at least hopeful that Bonnie encouraged Olivia to come up with something else and at least put some thought into it. Ruby and Bonnie can be considered businesswomen at this point, so maybe Olivia will realize she can be a mom AND do something else.

Yeah, at 8, I wanted to be a jockey. Mom didn't cross my mind as a profession. I think I maybe vaguely thought about it, but being married and having kids wasn't something I thought about much at all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I was asked,in 2nd grade, what I wanted to be. My response a nice mom. My mom was/is not so nice. My kids said I fulfilled my dream. I also became a teacher, a nice/strict one.

whiterose90
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whiterose90 »

The slow music today and her loving the baby for like 5 mins in todays Vlog was cringeworthy. I love my baby but I guess the though of filming it for youtube just weirds me out. Also he double chin when feeding him the cereal was humongous. Maybe she gained some weight in Hawaii. Don't shoot the messenger just pointing out the obvious. :)
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Not knowing what you want to do in life as a profession is normal and difficult. Most high schoolers and uni students don't know this either. There is a lot of pressure in America to know what you want to do before your senior year of high school. I dont think that's right. I also think it's the parent's responsibility to talk to their kids like Bonnie did today, about what they want to be and go to the library and find books on the subjects or go on day trips to that "area" of profession...like little lessons. It may expand your knowledge and interest. I was a teller-turned personal and business banker but I received my uni degree in Early Child Development-never worked in a child care centre. I wanted to be a mum-I wanted to raise kids better than I was raised. So I felt that was the right degree to go for. I am now a wife and stay at home mum and hoping to get into the midwifery program at my local uni once my kids are all in primary school full time. Things always change with your life and nothing bad with wanting to be a mum... it's a valid desire in life. I don't understand why Olivia is being slammed for saying she wants to be a homemaker and mum. She clearly sees her mum as a role model. Like some people have said here Bonnie can be considered a business woman, surely, that's what Olivia sees in her mum also.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I always wanted to be a mom. When I got old enough to realize people wanted to hear something else, I would just like and say I wanted to be a secretary or something. Haha!
Anyway, I'm now living my dream of being a stay at home mom!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I don't know... I think a lot of the cringe-factor (for me at least) comes from knowing that it's likely the culture she's being raised with that influenced her answers.

I think it's slightly different if a young girl in a (for lack of better words,) "normal" society, aka outside of the ~Utah Bubble~, that doesn't have extreme gender norms cast upon them from birth were to say the same thing, it might be kind of a cute/sweet/selfless thing to say. It's the brainwashing/conditioning aspect that bothers me.

Also, if Olivia was implying that being a mom also involves being a business woman and what not... I don't think that, when being asked for another answer, she would've answered "housekeeper". Lol. Come on. At the very least, if that was even an inkling of an implication in her mind, I'd like to think she would've said "vlogger" or something... but not housekeeper.

Thank god Bonnie asked her again and again though. Being a good mom when you grow up is certainly a great aspiration, but personally, I think there should be other personal goals and aspirations to go along with it (especially at Olivia's age).
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I don't know... I think a lot of the cringe-factor (for me at least) comes from knowing that it's likely the culture she's being raised with that influenced her answers.

I think it's slightly different if a young girl in a (for lack of better words,) "normal" society, aka outside of the ~Utah Bubble~, that doesn't have extreme gender norms cast upon them from birth were to say the same thing, it might be kind of a cute/sweet/selfless thing to say. It's the brainwashing/conditioning aspect that bothers me.

Also, if Olivia was implying that being a mom also involves being a business woman and what not... I don't think that, when being asked for another answer, she would've answered "housekeeper". Lol. Come on. At the very least, if that was even an inkling of an implication in her mind, I'd like to think she would've said "vlogger" or something... but not housekeeper.

Thank god Bonnie asked her again and again though. Being a good mom when you grow up is certainly a great aspiration, but personally, I think there should be other personal goals and aspirations to go along with it (especially at Olivia's age).
I think I was the first one to mention the business aspect? I didn't mean Olivia implied it, I meant at least she has a few female role models that have something you could point to as a career.

I agree it's cringeworthy because the Mormon culture tends to push this. I actually think Jennifer is more likely to reinforce this with Olivia than Grandma Hoellein or Bonnie, but at the same time, I know a lot of little girls that want to be moma simply because they are at the point in their lives where they play worth dolls.

Or they want to be Doctors because they watch Doc McStuffins. This could be an innocent goal, or it could be UT driven. At least Bonnie had her think about it. That's at least something.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I don't know... I think a lot of the cringe-factor (for me at least) comes from knowing that it's likely the culture she's being raised with that influenced her answers.

I think I was the first one to mention the business aspect? I didn't mean Olivia implied it, I meant at least she has a few female role models that have something you could point to as a career.

I agree it's cringeworthy because the Mormon culture tends to push this. I actually think Jennifer is more likely to reinforce this with Olivia than Grandma Hoellein or Bonnie, but at the same time, I know a lot of little girls that want to be moma simply because they are at the point in their lives where they play worth dolls.

Or they want to be Doctors because they watch Doc McStuffins. This could be an innocent goal, or it could be UT driven. At least Bonnie had her think about it. That's at least something.
Definitely, I like that Bonnie and Olivia think about what she wants to be other than a mum. I'd love for my daughters to experience having kids, like I have, but I wont push it if they're not into it. I definitely want to help pursue their interests by going to little excursions to whatever it is they're into. My parents didn't do that but I guess that's parenting for ya :) Doing what you wish your parents did for you or going against what they did for you-like I envision Jackson and Ollie doing lol
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:

Oh, no no, I totally got what you meant and agreed with your original point that hopefully Olivia will realize she can do both. I think it was someone else that said she probably does see Bonnie as a business woman and encompasses a businesswoman and a mom all in the same, and that's what I was referring to.

But, I totally agree. I'm so happy to see Bonnie want to hear more. I can't help but compare, and imagine if Ellie or Ruby were in the same situation, they probably would squeal and say, "ME TOO! That's what I wanted to be!!!!! That's a perfect answer!"
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

re: not having an office space, personally I think they aren't making good use of the basement space. before the remodel they had a desk in one of the corners that had their computers etc on it. they certainly have room in that room to add another, bigger corner desk. not everyone needs a standalone office, even working from home.

i think their house is great, but the basement rec room is still lacking after the remodel.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... b05260.png[/img]

it's always a little offputting when youtubers/public figures respond to comments like this as if they deserve them. especially when they are popular for reality tv-like reasons and not because of any actual good thing they've accomplished or done for others. i get that it's nice to hear, but it says a lot to me about what you think of yourself if you just accept compliments that make you sound like the second coming of jesus!

if someone said something like that to me i'd reply "holy shit, thank you for thinking so much of me, but i'm fumbling through life just as much as anyone and am definitely not someone to look up to as an idol!"

thank you so much bonnie for finding a reason to push through with sharing your life with us bumpkins, we need your guidance!

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Blehmieux wrote:it's always a little offputting when youtubers/public figures respond to comments like this as if they deserve them. especially when they are popular for reality tv-like reasons and not because of any actual good thing they've accomplished or done for others. i get that it's nice to hear, but it says a lot to me about what you think of yourself if you just accept compliments that make you sound like the second coming of jesus!

if someone said something like that to me i'd reply "holy shit, thank you for thinking so much of me, but i'm fumbling through life just as much as anyone and am definitely not someone to look up to as an idol!"

thank you so much bonnie for finding a reason to push through with sharing your life with us bumpkins, we need your guidance!

I like your response which was better about "fumbling through life" and really all she needed to say was the last sentence with thanking her for her support. I image when you have hundreds of thousands of moms following your life, it can change you. I don't even look to Katie as an expert and she has the education background that would back up some of her parenting.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I have never in my life seen a man let his wife do his hair like Bonnie does. It just makes him look like an overgrown child. Does he even have a say in what his hair looks like?

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I have never in my life seen a man let his wife do his hair like Bonnie does. It just makes him look like an overgrown child. Does he even have a say in what his hair looks like?

Omg. I read that as "I've never seen a man let his wife do HER hair the way Bonnie does." I was about to be all types of offended hahaha Image

But, I kind of agree. It's one thing for her to do it for him after she cuts it... but the fact that he doesn't really know how to do it himself is odd, lol.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”