John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I get that eating the ashes was from being mentally ill, so I don't judge her for that. I do judge her for the misleading information to get sympathy, and the extra GFMs she wouldn't need if John had a better work ethic.

Each of these GFMs make it sound as though they are drowning in medical bills from Maeve, and if they were covered by the MWs office, then this is a huge mislead. They failed to acknowledge the $3k they already had for IVF, and instead made a new GFM and said any extra money would go towards the medical bills from SP. What about that 3k?

Joan's daily posts aren't her journaling or getting on with her life. They are to remind everyone that she loves the most! She lost the most! She grieves the hardest! Etc. They are keeping things going so that if this IVF doesn't work, they can get another treatment covered. The other couples are working multiple jobs still trying to save for their first shot, and John and Joan are working part-time, and spending exited money to get the house ready before June.

They said in their video that their hospital bills were not dismissed but their pregnancy care (all the well visits and testing etc) was covered.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Kryptonite wrote:
Blehmieux wrote:Image

i assume this is somebody from here... i don't think we really need to be commenting stuff like that directly on her posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If this IS someone from YTMD, please keep the comments here where J&J can choose to read them. Though we disagree with a lot that they do, we have to remember to be sensitive. Joan isn't in the greatest headspace ATM and I'm sure comments like those will only make things worse...
To be fair, I don't think we can assume for sure that it was someone from here. How many of us had the same thoughts? It's entirely possible someone outside of YTMD read her comment and thought the same thing about the sewer, because... logic.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:

i assume this is somebody from here... i don't think we really need to be commenting stuff like that directly on her posts.

If this IS someone from YTMD, please keep the comments here where J&J can choose to read them. Though we disagree with a lot that they do, we have to remember to be sensitive. Joan isn't in the greatest headspace ATM and I'm sure comments like those will only make things worse...
To be fair, I don't think we can assume for sure that it was someone from here. How many of us had the same thoughts? It's entirely possible someone outside of YTMD read her comment and thought the same thing about the sewer, because... logic.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

actuallydear wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:

Exactly, most people know how the digestive system works lol... i hope.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

i assumed it was likely someone from here because they used the exact same wording used on this thread ("she's in the sewage system"), at the same time it was being discussed on this thread. obviously there's a chance it wasn't a ytmd user but given the wording and timing i'm inclined to believe it was.

hwarner
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hwarner »

Idk where they were from But we all know what you flush goes to the sewer. Plus what the heck kind of reaction did she expect when she broadcasted that she ate her daughter

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Blehmieux wrote:i assumed it was likely someone from here because they used the exact same wording used on this thread ("she's in the sewage system"), at the same time it was being discussed on this thread. obviously there's a chance it wasn't a ytmd user but given the wording and timing i'm inclined to believe it was.

Um, are you accusing me? Because I'm the one who said sewage system, and I definitely didn't comment on her Instagram. This is a public forum, is it so out there to assume some ween read it here and commented to troll?
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

Sarai wrote:
Blehmieux wrote:i assumed it was likely someone from here because they used the exact same wording used on this thread ("she's in the sewage system"), at the same time it was being discussed on this thread. obviously there's a chance it wasn't a ytmd user but given the wording and timing i'm inclined to believe it was.

Um, are you accusing me? Because I'm the one who said sewage system, and I definitely didn't comment on her Instagram. This is a public forum, is it so out there to assume some ween read it here and commented to troll?
i'm not accusing anybody lol. multiple people said sewage/sewer system, go back and check. and yes, it could've been somebody who just lurks here, i didn't say it had to be somebody who posts here!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:That's a good point HS, and it made me realize something. Having this newfound platform is probably the worst thing that could be happening to her right now. She has learned that her depressing and unhealthy posts are what grab the most attention, which just encourages her to stay stuck in that mindset. Yes, she's seeing a lot of support, but she's not using it to get better. She's using it to perpetuate the pit she's in. She's thriving off of this "woe is me, have pity on me and give me stuff" mentality. Honestly, I hate to say it, because I have dealt with some pretty gnarly depression myself, but if she continues with this lifestyle, I don't see her ever getting better. She needs to make some serious changes, and stepping away from social media would be a solid first step.
She even said after her miscarriage that she was going to take a break from social media "to heal". Which would have been a healthy move. But there she is, every day. It seems like everyone around her enables the ongoing "I have it the worst" pity party. And I don't mean to sound mean. But work letting her come and go as she pleases (from what she says) doesn't help. I don't think it's just John that has a poor work ethic. She's a partner in this marriage, it's up to her to pull her weight too. If the other couples are working more than one job to save for the IVF, it's not fair that these two are using their grief to get money from other people to pay for theirs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Exactly Immom. What the hell happened to 'Adulting' in all of this? They went ahead and got pregnant a second time while still not able to 'adult' themselves.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't think even Maeve could live up to Maeve at this point. They've made this perfect fantasy child in their head. What would they do with a real child, who maybe had colic, or didn't like the things they do? Are they going to say, "Maeve wouldn't have done that!"

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: I don't think even Maeve could live up to Maeve at this point. They've made this perfect fantasy child in their head. What would they do with a real child, who maybe had colic, or didn't like the things they do? Are they going to say, "Maeve wouldn't have done that!"
Which equates to my comment earlier about the grief taking on an identity of it's own, separate to Maeve.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I've been doing A LOT of thinking about them/this whole IVF grant situation. I think that the couples chosen should have gone through more then just E & J picking a video... There are some serious issues going on with these two. I know they are grieving a stillborn and a miscarriage but all of their GFM's have REALLY turned me off... And like others mentioned she said she was going to go off social media for awhile and then hours later was posting like normal.
Shouldn't there have been more of a screening process? I am sure their video was well put together and their situation to a lot touched the hearts of a lot of people.
I am rambling... But man. I know nothing can be changed at this point but such a all around sad situation and weird.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They're really like their own little Sims family that she's created.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

actuallydear wrote:They're really like their own little Sims family that she's created.
That's exactly it! She would seriously do better with a Sims baby that she could create a personality for. And I don't mean that in a harsh way. But no living child could possibly live up to the fantasy Maeve.

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Sorry if this is something that's been discussed, but why did Maeve pass away at 37 weeks? Was it preventable? And whatever it was, would it have affected her if she was born?
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

CallieT wrote:Sorry if this is something that's been discussed, but why did Maeve pass away at 37 weeks? Was it preventable? And whatever it was, would it have affected her if she was born?
She had a growth restriction in utero. In most cases when it is caught and the mother is induced and the baby is born early they do just fine once they are surviving outside the mother. Maeve passed away because the growth restriction Joan had wasn't caught by her midwives, she went in multiple times due to decreased movement and they dismissed her and sadly Maeve passed and at her next checkup when her heartbeat wasn't detectable she was rushed to the hospital for induction and delivered Maeve dead. I am sure the reason for her intense agony was only heightened due to the fact that had her team caught it Maeve would have been alive and well, sadly medicine, doctors, and midwives aren't perfect.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

olivialinnea101 wrote:
CallieT wrote:Sorry if this is something that's been discussed, but why did Maeve pass away at 37 weeks? Was it preventable? And whatever it was, would it have affected her if she was born?
She had a growth restriction in utero. In most cases when it is caught and the mother is induced and the baby is born early they do just fine once they are surviving outside the mother. Maeve passed away because the growth restriction Joan had wasn't caught by her midwives, she went in multiple times due to decreased movement and they dismissed her and sadly Maeve passed and at her next checkup when her heartbeat wasn't detectable she was rushed to the hospital for induction and delivered Maeve dead. I am sure the reason for her intense agony was only heightened due to the fact that had her team caught it Maeve would have been alive and well, sadly medicine, doctors, and midwives aren't perfect.
They don't _know_ that Maeve would have been alive and well. They don't know what caused the growth restriction. That is why the lawyer said that they didn't have a case.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Her words in this instagram post may provide a clue about her grief. She essentially see's their grief as a gift because she equates their grief and their love for Maeve as one and the same:

''Grief is only another word for love- for grief exists where love lived first. And this is a gift: it never leaves us.''

I think she thinks the more she grieves the more she loves Maeve and not the other way round. She hasn't separated the two things at all. Yes, she will always love Maeve but that's a separate thing to increasingly grieving for her forever which is an extremely exhausting and dangerous task she has set for herself and one that nobody can sustain without it impacting every part of their health and their life.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

In reality, the more she grieves the less she'll be able to love anyone else

Return to “Ellie and Jared”