Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Unread post by askeptichere »

I feel for them with all the craziness of moving and playlist all in one week.

It boggles my mind just thinking about how much money they've spent in the past 6 months or so. Car, house renovations, buying a new house, moving, painters, trips/vacations, and now landscaping. Good for them if they can afford it all in such a short period of time.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Well, admittedly, their "vacation" was pretty much free. They only have to pay for gas to and from Florida, and food while they're there. No hotel or rental car, or even air fare. They've spent a lot, but it's not like the Lumps and their OTT cash hemorrhage. They're not spending a bunch of money on first class flights and expensive hotel suites.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

My grandparents own a condo in Gatlinburg, and let me tell you, the fact that we can vacation there for "free" (we do pay a minimal cleaning fee) is something i realize we are very lucky to have. It's great that they have the beach house that they can visit whenever without having to shell out a ton of cash.
Jadertot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jadertot »

Am I the only one who noticed in today's vlog that they did not mention daily bumps being in the ballroom meet up or whatever it was.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Jadertot wrote:Am I the only one who noticed in today's vlog that they did not mention daily bumps being in the ballroom meet up or whatever it was.
I thought they did?!!? Maybe i just subconsciously added them in! I'll have to go back and watch again.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Well, admittedly, their "vacation" was pretty much free. They only have to pay for gas to and from Florida, and food while they're there. No hotel or rental car, or even air fare. They've spent a lot, but it's not like the Lumps and their OTT cash hemorrhage. They're not spending a bunch of money on first class flights and expensive hotel suites.

I think this is why some people don't agree with some of my assessments of C&K. I don't watch E&J or DB. I'm sure if I did, C&K's spending habits and way of life would seem frugal. I don't know anyone with typical jobs that could jump from a $250K house to a $640K one on top of just buying a new high-end SUV, and then immediately hire painters and spend who knows how much on landscaping. Like I said, good on them if they're able to do all this with YouTube without going into massive debt.
Jadertot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jadertot »

Playsinrain wrote:
Jadertot wrote:Am I the only one who noticed in today's vlog that they did not mention daily bumps being in the ballroom meet up or whatever it was.
I thought they did?!!? Maybe i just subconsciously added them in! I'll have to go back and watch again.
Ffff. They did. I probably ignored it cause I don't like them and hearing their name makes me cringe! Gosh. Upset nowwww
pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

Maybe they aren't doing as poorly as people think, Kelley didn't repaint her house, and she's even opened her own channel to try to make some extra money, if Katie was doing only so-so would Kelley have jumped aboard that wagon? Apparently, its pretty lucrative because all the family members of these vloggers also start their own channels.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

pibachka wrote:Maybe they aren't doing as poorly as people think, Kelley didn't repaint her house, and she's even opened her own channel to try to make some extra money, if Katie was doing only so-so would Kelley have jumped aboard that wagon? Apparently, its pretty lucrative because all the family members of these vloggers also start their own channels.
this! I have always wondered if Kelly became a little jealous of the money C&K were making. I assume before YT become a good income for C&K that Kelly and jay were better off financially bc of Jay's profession. Once Katie and Cullen started making decent money (possibly more than K&J bring in ) Kelly got a little jealous and decided she needed to cash in on this as well.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

sunshine lollipops2 wrote:
IMG_7097.JPG
Still giggling over #savepenny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's me actually :)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Well, admittedly, their "vacation" was pretty much free. They only have to pay for gas to and from Florida, and food while they're there. No hotel or rental car, or even air fare. They've spent a lot, but it's not like the Lumps and their OTT cash hemorrhage. They're not spending a bunch of money on first class flights and expensive hotel suites.

I think this is why some people don't agree with some of my assessments of C&K. I don't watch E&J or DB. I'm sure if I did, C&K's spending habits and way of life would seem frugal. I don't know anyone with typical jobs that could jump from a $250K house to a $640K one on top of just buying a new high-end SUV, and then immediately hire painters and spend who knows how much on landscaping. Like I said, good on them if they're able to do all this with YouTube without going into massive debt.
Oh, think this house was out of their price range. I don't know how they did it, because it doesn't seem like they make enough. I was just saying that their vacations aren't that pricey.

mblant99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mblant99 »

I hope they take Gaines to Disney for a day or two. She would be precious & is getting to just the perfect age!

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

mblant99 wrote:I hope they take Gaines to Disney for a day or two. She would be precious & is getting to just the perfect age!

I agree! That would be a cute vlog! Just them and their family and no dummies from the west. Although I think there will be less of that since Kelli and her family went too.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

mblant99 wrote:I hope they take Gaines to Disney for a day or two. She would be precious & is getting to just the perfect age!

I agree! That would be a cute vlog! Just them and their family and no dummies from the west. Although I think there will be less of that since Kelli and her family went too.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

They are so lucky their flight was pushed back. Staying up until 2am the night before a trip is seriously just poor planning. Literally anyone who has ever flown knows you are supposed to get to the airport at least 2 hours early. I find it crazy that they think having over an hour to waste in the airport before a flight is weird. And then to make a joke that Kelly and Jay were there way too early just because they plan accordingly? No. They're responsible adults. I know, I know, nitpicky, but being late is one of my biggest pet peeves.

And I hope they don't take advantage of Madeline being there and expect her to babysit. (Where were the kids when they were with E&J?) I know she enjoys watching MG and Brooks, but I'm sure as a middle schooler she'd want to take full advantage of being at PlayList herself.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:They are so lucky their flight was pushed back. Staying up until 2am the night before a trip is seriously just poor planning. Literally anyone who has ever flown knows you are supposed to get to the airport at least 2 hours early. I find it crazy that they think having over an hour to waste in the airport before a flight is weird. And then to make a joke that Kelly and Jay were there way too early just because they plan accordingly? No. They're responsible adults. I know, I know, nitpicky, but being late is one of my biggest pet peeves.

And I hope they don't take advantage of Madeline being there and expect her to babysit. (Where were the kids when they were with E&J?) I know she enjoys watching MG and Brooks, but I'm sure as a middle schooler she'd want to take full advantage of being at PlayList herself.
Didn't they learn anything from Bryan and Missy missing their plane to Hawaii? You don't always have an hour to waste in the airport. You never know what security is going to be like, and traveling with little ones, you need to add extra time, if anything. I can't believe they made fun of Jay and Kelly. Doing YouTube stunts your emotional growth. Katie used to seem more mature, but spending time with only Cullen and no other adults except Jay and Kelly and their parents is making her act more like Cullen. He's rubbing off on her-- or maybe she's always been this way, and her true colors are showing.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I haven't watched the blog yet, but the Birmingham airport isn't like LAX or ATL airports, much MUCH less busy and much smaller. Going through security and getting to you gate takes a fraction of the time. Now if they overslept and were late by even their standards it would change my mind for sure, they could have totally missed a flight, but just in general, it's not going to take them as long to catch the flight than it would in a larger, busier airport.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:I haven't watched the blog yet, but the Birmingham airport isn't like LAX or ATL airports, much MUCH less busy and much smaller. Going through security and getting to you gate takes a fraction of the time. Now if they overslept and were late by even their standards it would change my mind for sure, they could have totally missed a flight, but just in general, it's not going to take them as long to catch the flight than it would in a larger, busier airport.
From what it sounds like, they would have missed their flight had it not been delayed. Now I don't know if they knew about the delay ahead of time or not, but it seems like Kelly and Jay got to the airport with enough time to make the original departure time, and then learned of the delay.

I live near Chicago, and our airports are notorious for long security lines, but I've also flown out of little dinky ones like Bloomington, IL and Ft Myers, FL where there is only a handful of gates. No matter what airport I'm using, I still give myself 2 hours. You never know what will happen. I wouldn't want to risk missing a flight. Especially when traveling with 2 small children. Kids or no kids, there's no excuse for being late to catch a flight.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Positive comment! They did it right with Brooks. They could have taken him as a lap baby, but they bought him a seat and buckled him in it in his car seat.
Why was Cullen wearing that neck thing like it was an overseas flight? It's an hour and a half from Birmingham to Orlando.

who cares
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by who cares »

Actually I think they lucked out and there was an empty seat beside Katie so they got to put the car seat in there for free. Can't remember where I read that.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”