lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Two Week Wait, Oh My! Part 24

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:People turned on Cal because of the favouritism. I doubt Ellie is just treating him different on camera and social media. The way Jackson often acts around her is very telling of this. If they really cared what we thought all they had to do for months was give his neck some attention.

It's classic Narcissism to have a golden child and a scapegoat. If Ellie isn't a Narcissist, then no YTets are Image
Sorry for nitpicking but it's classic Borderline PD to divide the world into extremes of good and bad...while the core of narcissistic PD is not acknowledging the personality of the child...
It may be BPD, but scapegoat vs golden is a tool often implemented with Narcissistic mothers as well. I've read quite a few studies specific to this dynamic.
We weren't talking about "implemented", nor did I deny Ellie may have narcissistic traits. You said "classic", and I responded accordingly. ;) As a clinical psychologist I've read quite a few studies as well. Although I care more about not wasting my energy on solving unnecessary misunderstandings. Did I deny Jared boosted her ego? Did I say it was about the first time he complimented her? Your reply was completely beside the point.
your_illusion
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by your_illusion »

Off topic but can we talk about how C & K can bring two kids to playlist live ,but Ellie and Jared left the boys behind. Another example how much Ellie is a shitty mom . If that was me I'd bring a family member to help even if it meant to pay for the trip and other expenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lovingthisforum wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote: Sorry for nitpicking but it's classic Borderline PD to divide the world into extremes of good and bad...while the core of narcissistic PD is not acknowledging the personality of the child...
It may be BPD, but scapegoat vs golden is a tool often implemented with Narcissistic mothers as well. I've read quite a few studies specific to this dynamic.
We weren't talking about "implemented", nor did I deny Ellie may have narcissistic traits. You said "classic", and I responded accordingly. ;) As a clinical psychologist I've read quite a few studies as well. Although I care more about not wasting my energy on solving unnecessary misunderstandings. Did I deny Jared boosted her ego? Did I say it was about the first time he complimented her? Your reply was completely beside the point.
Wow, aren't you a peach.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

your_illusion wrote:Off topic but can we talk about how C & K can bring two kids to playlist live ,but Ellie and Jared left the boys behind. Another example how much Ellie is a shitty mom . If that was me I'd bring a family member to help even if it meant to pay for the trip and other expenses.

After seeing pictures of the crowds staring at Ollie as though he's a zoo attraction, I actually think it's better that the kids not go. It's just not a great place for them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
your_illusion wrote:Off topic but can we talk about how C & K can bring two kids to playlist live ,but Ellie and Jared left the boys behind. Another example how much Ellie is a shitty mom . If that was me I'd bring a family member to help even if it meant to pay for the trip and other expenses.

After seeing pictures of the crowds staring at Ollie as though he's a zoo attraction, I actually think it's better that the kids not go. It's just not a great place for them.
I agree. Gaines didn't look like she was enjoying herself, and all those strangers wanting hugs and pawing at them, and their parents acting like celebrities can't be good for them. "Give her a hug!" over and over again. For 3.5 hours. Plus all the noise and stimulation-- overall, I think it's kinder to leave them at home.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
your_illusion
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by your_illusion »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I agree. Gaines didn't look like she was enjoying herself, and all those strangers wanting hugs and pawing at them, and their parents acting like celebrities can't be good for them. "Give her a hug!" over and over again. For 3.5 hours. Plus all the noise and stimulation-- overall, I think it's kinder to leave them at home.

True .

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Hm, it's interesting that Ellie is confirming on Twitter that she's gained 5 pounds, because from the swim suit footage she looked much healthier. It's obvious that she only let's herself eat a healthy amount when they're TTC and once she's pregnant, but any other time and she's clearly majorly restricting herself. I don't think she would gleefully admit on Twitter to gaining if they weren't trying. When people were expressing concern, she claimed this skeletal body was her "natural" size and she couldn't gain weight, and we didn't hear a peep about needing to gain weight back. Now that they're trying she's able to gain a healthy amount of weight. This girl is so dysfunctional. I truly believe she's confusing the feeling of her body coming back to a normal weight with pregnancy symptoms.

Not bringing their kids to conventions is about the only thing I respect about these two.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

It's super weird for the fans not to give the kids some space, but since I know how humans are and assume most of them are too forward with these small children who have no idea why there are huge crowds there to see them, I agree with the decision not to bring the kids. It will be...interesting?....to see how Ollie and Finn turn out considering they are growing up with tweens screaming in their face. The ONE responsible thing that I see E&J do is not bring their kids to these awkward fan feats.
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

[quote="your_illusion"]Off topic but can we talk about how C & K can bring two kids to playlist live ,but Ellie and Jared left the boys behind. Another example how much Ellie is a shitty mom . If that was me I'd bring a family member to help even if it meant to pay for the trip and other expenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote}

I think E&J are morons but I wouldn't bring my kids to a convention where strangers are going to know who they are/want to take pictures of them, hug them, etc.

Personal- my husband and I go on a kid free vacation every year. For us, it recharges our marriage and is important for us as a couple. I don't think traveling occasionally without your kids makes you a shitty parent.
pennyajdg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pennyajdg »

Jared interacted and seemed to have more fun with Gaines way more then I've ever seen him with his own kids
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

I'm not defending Ellie in any way... but I firm believe she went through a serious case of PPD after Calvin was born, which eventually affected her overall health & made her the rail-thin skeleton she became. I don't think she was ever that thin at any point in her life before, & hopefully never becomes that way again. Maybe she finally got herself some help, or her hormones have regulated enough where she's emerged from the depression, which has helped her gain some (very healthy) weight. If she'd sought help earlier, I don't think she would have gotten so sick & dangerously thin. Let's hope she seeks help for treatment of PPD with any future kids she has, FAR sooner than (not) after Calvin. It was just sad to see what became of her after she had Calvin, & agonizing what it did to her relationship with Jackson (whether there's something else at play there, such as NPD, I don't know, but I'm fairly certain depression played a huge role in everything over the past 18 or so months)... I hope that made some sort of sense! Lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LittleRus wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote}

I think E&J are morons but I wouldn't bring my kids to a convention where strangers are going to know who they are/want to take pictures of them, hug them, etc.

Personal- my husband and I go on a kid free vacation every year. For us, it recharges our marriage and is important for us as a couple. I don't think traveling occasionally without your kids makes you a shitty parent.
I agree. I've already said what I think about taking the under school age children to these things. But it's also important to spend time as a couple, not just as mom and dad. Once the kids grow up, you're just going to have each other. So you need to keep that relationship alive.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I don't post here often because I don't usually like E+J, but Jared playing with Gaines in C&K vlog was adorable. She really seemed to enjoy the one on one time, I'm glad he played with her. They do a lot of things just for the vlog, but that seemed like he was really enjoying making her happy.
blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

I find it interesting that haven't really been around B&M much at all. at least in the vlog
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

WTFoxtrot wrote:I'm not defending Ellie in any way... but I firm believe she went through a serious case of PPD after Calvin was born, which eventually affected her overall health & made her the rail-thin skeleton she became. I don't think she was ever that thin at any point in her life before, & hopefully never becomes that way again. Maybe she finally got herself some help, or her hormones have regulated enough where she's emerged from the depression, which has helped her gain some (very healthy) weight. If she'd sought help earlier, I don't think she would have gotten so sick & dangerously thin. Let's hope she seeks help for treatment of PPD with any future kids she has, FAR sooner than (not) after Calvin. It was just sad to see what became of her after she had Calvin, & agonizing what it did to her relationship with Jackson (whether there's something else at play there, such as NPD, I don't know, but I'm fairly certain depression played a huge role in everything over the past 18 or so months)... I hope that made some sort of sense! Lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I doubt she got help, I think she's just on to the next exciting thing which happens to be ttc. I agree that she's eating more because she thinks she's either pregnant or going to be pregnant. Hopefully she's taking a prenatal too.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

What the heck was up with the way she was poking Gaines face? "she came right up and wanted me, then gave Jared a big kiss, didn't ya" poke poke poke, I just found it weird and it looked like Gaines was getting annoyed.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

HelloSweetie wrote:

I agree with this, I actually think its one of the best parenting decisions Ellie has made. It's not fair on 2 little kids to have strangers screeching in their faces, invading their personal space and touching them when those kids have no idea who these people are and what's going on.
Doesn't really teach your kids much about stranger danger either. Hundreds of thousands of people know your name, your parents names, your siblings names.. that can't be safe. I'm honestly surprised there's never been an attempted kidnapping of a youtubers kid before.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I think it's great that they left the boys at home, but you guys know that they did not do that for the boys benefit. They wanted to get away, they did not want to take their kids, they did not want to deal with the hassle of taking two little boys the playlist. Ellie is a selfish bitch and the last thing she would do is put her boys feelings before her own. She comes first.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I think it's great that they left the boys at home, but you guys know that they did not do that for the boys benefit. They wanted to get away, they did not want to take their kids, they did not want to deal with the hassle of taking two little boys the playlist. Ellie is a selfish bitch and the last thing she would do is put her boys feelings before her own. She comes first.
Exactly! This had nothing to do with a wise parenting move, and everything to do with what was easiest for Princess Ellie.
pricemb2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pricemb2 »

Did anyone notice in yesterday's vlog when they are in the hotel room talking about snacks (around 8:30) Ellie says "we have our friends here, Micah and Randy" and one of them does air quotes. Is he implying that they're "friends"? It struck me as odd.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”