Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Addicted2vlogs wrote:
Disney Trip during the school year is negligent? Image
Whoa. It really doesn't matter while they are this age. No matter what religion, age or country we come from, I think we can all agree that kids in our class were always going on trips, overseas, interstate. In that same class there was the kid that never missed a day & there was the kid that never went to school not because of trips but because drug addicted parents. Are we jealous we aren't going to Disneyland or genuinely annoyed that the Hoellien kids are missing another 5 days of primary school (middle school).

Ok I'm a bit triggered. From age 6-10 I done correspondence schooling, like homeschooling but in the 90's. My dad was a little slack with the school work, but gee, travelling this half of the world done more for me than school ever did. Yes even Disneyland is educational and mind stimulating.

Knorpp&South have 9 kids and travelling the world. They are great, Mormons too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love Disney and Hawaii, and take my son out of school for a week every year. It's common in his school, as most families travel. I agree that things often get overblown on this board and that those kids are loved.

BUT... it is extremely poor planning to miss 4 weeks of school during the school year, and can only be justified in my mind as it being something they all desperately needed at the time. Disneyland a week after returning? That just isn't good. Not from a social, professional, educational or even practical standpoint.

The thing Bonnie is missing is that most families wouldn't forget they had a dream vacation booked. I'm not sure how she thought that would make it sound better. If anything, that makes it much worse.
If you have an issue with what has occurred, you know Bonnie has made a really, really bad decision! ImageImage

To the triggered person, the person said it was negligent PLANNING. Which it undoubtedly was. Especially if Bonnie is claiming she "forgot"

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I don't think its jealousy.. some of us were just raised differently.. i was lucky if my mom let me miss a day because i was sick. Some parents don't care if their kid misses a week just for a vacation. I just don't understand why you cant plan your vacation for spring break, summer, winter break?? And yeah yeah i get it its cheaper to go at certain times but obviously money is not an issue for them anymore..

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing because Joel's old phone was a dinosaur. I noticed him with an iPhone. I wonder if it was his, he seems very comfortable on it and tried to hide it when the camera came out. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 997172.jpg[/img]

lyilya31
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lyilya31 »

I am dissapointed. They took another trip. Spent a month on Hawaii and now again. I just cant believe it. They have sold out for trips, vacations and toys and stuff. I am speachless. I knew that they are kind of stupid but now I am 100% positive.
Leaving her sick child behind and go to Disneyland to have fun. Stupid stupid stupid stupid.
Ill pray every day that youtibe stop paying those morons.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Well, I wasn't expecting a vacation brand deal. It now seems really odd that they aren't taking Lincoln - they weren't even planning to before he was sick. He's small, but it's not like he's an infant. Are Beau and Emily taking Henry?

Bonnie obviously lied about forgetting about the trip. Her brother has a REAL job, so he'd have to ask for time off well in advance, etc. Makes me also think they are exaggerating about Lincoln's illness to get sympathy for leaving him at home while everyone else is at Disneyland!!! That's sort of just mean.

And, YES, they are changing and they are totally trying to hide things from viewers and PRETEND things are no different. I had to LOL when she said they don't have any summer trips planned. Yeah, that's until a new brand deal/sponsored one pops up!!!! Well, unless they are planning to move over the summer.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:Well, I wasn't expecting a vacation brand deal. It now seems really odd that they aren't taking Lincoln - they weren't even planning to before he was sick. He's small, but it's not like he's an infant. Are Beau and Emily taking Henry?

Bonnie obviously lied about forgetting about the trip. Her brother has a REAL job, so he'd have to ask for time off well in advance, etc. Makes me also think they are exaggerating about Lincoln's illness to get sympathy for leaving him at home while everyone else is at Disneyland!!! That's sort of just mean.

And, YES, they are changing and they are totally trying to hide things from viewers and PRETEND things are no different. I had to LOL when she said they don't have any summer trips planned. Yeah, that's until a new brand deal/sponsored one pops up!!!! Well, unless they are planning to move over the summer.
Lincoln is still an infant in Bonnie's eyes not a toddler so he doesn't belong in Disneyland. I have a son a few months younger than Lincoln and would never leave him for a vacation like that. Yes I saw Henry on Emily's back in a carrier so he is there.

They are really starting to hide stuff, like Joel's iPhone. I remember him just a few months ago saying he didn't want a smartphone and he loved his old phone. I get it he has a drone and you need a smartphone or tablet to drive it, but don't hide it from everyone. Own up to it.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Ugh, it's wrong on so many levels. The lying, taking the kids out of school, still going even though one kid is sick, etc. Everyone else has basically covered it. I'm still mad that the kids got "most" of their homework done in Hawaii. Imo pulling your kids out of six weeks of school for no good reason is piss poor parenting. I'm still not on the boat about Hawaii being an incredible cultural learning experience, not for kids so young. And there's NO justification for pulling them out for Disney!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think that's Bonnie's phone. Maybe it's an old one of hers, but it's definitely Bonnie's. We've seen her hold it in vlogs.

I wouldn't leave my toddler behind for a week, but I don't begrudge those that would. There were people suggesting they should have left Linc behind instead of taking him to Hawaii! This is their first time going, and I think it will be nicer for them to focus on the older kids without having to ride swap with Linc.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I think that's Bonnie's phone. Maybe it's an old one of hers, but it's definitely Bonnie's. We've seen her hold it in vlogs.

I wouldn't leave my toddler behind for a week, but I don't begrudge those that would. There were people suggesting they should have left Linc behind instead of taking him to Hawaii! This is their first time going, and I think it will be nicer for them to focus on the older kids without having to ride swap with Linc.
Ok? My husband and I both have gold iPhones. It could be his. He was also wearing earbuds on the airplane. I know that doesn't prove anything but at this point they are no longer relatable and lie all the time.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think that's Bonnie's phone. Maybe it's an old one of hers, but it's definitely Bonnie's. We've seen her hold it in vlogs.

Ok? My husband and I both have gold iPhones. It could be his. He was also wearing earbuds on the airplane. I know that doesn't prove anything but at this point they are no longer relatable and lie all the time.

We've seen Bonnie with the rose gold model, and that looks like it. That's all I'm saying Image
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

We've seen Bonnie with the rose gold model, and that looks like it. That's all I'm saying Image
It looked gold to me in the clip but I may be wrong. I have owned the rose gold and gold in the past and they look similar from a distance, that one looks gold to me though.

AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I agree with everything you ladies have said. Leaving sick Lincoln behind. Missing six weeks in total and not finishing the school work in Hawaii. All mind-boggling to me.

One thing I noticed that I don't think anybody brought up. Why is Bonnie giving the kids a speech about money/sponsorships and NOT about academics and the importance of being sure not to fall behind in school? At least pretend for the camera Bonnie that you care. She just proved where her priorities are. Sponsorships, the kidses YouTube career and MONEY.

Mother of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I'd be curious to know what the parents of Olivia and Cody's classmates think of all this. Logan is a small town, so many local families must watch the vlogs and know of Bonnie, Ellie, etc. The kids have even mentioned that some of their classmates watch their vlogs. But how do the other parents explain to their kids why they can't go to Hawaii AND Disney and miss weeks and weeks of school?

It's such a weird phenomenon that a 1st grader can be a YT celeb and has to miss school for a sponsored Disney trip because it's basically her job to earn an income for her parents.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

AutumnLane wrote:I agree with everything you ladies have said. Leaving sick Lincoln behind. Missing six weeks in total and not finishing the school work in Hawaii. All mind-boggling to me.

One thing I noticed that I don't think anybody brought up. Why is Bonnie giving the kids a speech about money/sponsorships and NOT about academics and the importance of being sure not to fall behind in school? At least pretend for the camera Bonnie that you care. She just proved where her priorities are. Sponsorships, the kidses YouTube career and MONEY.

Mother of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What would be the point of that speech though? Maybe she told them later on that these were all exceptions and that school is important, but there would certainly be no point in vlogging it if she did! Actions speak louder than words. I do appreciate that Bonnie acknowledged the sponsorship though. I hate it when vloggers hide that.

I supported Bonnie's month long trip, but feel this is excessive. I understand they may not do YT forever, but Disneyland could wait. I'm sure they could have changed the dates., and if not, they have to be making bank, and should have just paid out of pocket to take everyone (B&E included) at a later time. They are wrong for taking the kids from school again so early for so many reasons. Disneyland may be all about the kids, but Hawaii was obviously all about Bonnie being impulsive and you need to make better choices when you're a parent.

I don't really care if Joel has an iPhone. Most of us do, and with all the travel they are doing it probably makes sense. If he did, I could see them not showing it because 1. It would come across as showing off just like Jared does and 2. Everyone would lose their mind about it as being proof he's "sold out" even though it's something most adults have.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

If he has a smartphone, it's about time. Welcome to 2017, Joel.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Sarai wrote:If he has a smartphone, it's about time. Welcome to 2017, Joel.
I don't begrudge him for this, at all. I admire that he stuck with the old brick for as long as he did, but YT is his full time job now and you can't use that to film video, or check comments, or access creator studio.

Their family has changed but IMO all I see is them taking advantage of their current financial position. They were never ones to go on vacation before now, Joel was always at work, Bonnie was either pregnant or had a young baby.

Taking the kids out of school isn't the smartest idea but... they don't seem to place value on education anyways so I really doubt those kids are missing much. In 10 years time, would Olivia and Cody remember the month of school work they missed, had they been in attendance? Probably not. Will they remember the trips to Hawaii and Disneyland? Not the whole lot, but they will have fond memories of certain points.

Their income relies on channel growth and views, and one sure way to achieve that is by getting out and about, doing fun things so people can kinda live vicariously through you. That's the beauty of YouTube.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

ewokfan11 wrote:Well, I wasn't expecting a vacation brand deal. It now seems really odd that they aren't taking Lincoln - they weren't even planning to before he was sick. He's small, but it's not like he's an infant. Are Beau and Emily taking Henry?

I really don't blame them at all for not bringing Lincoln, in fact I think it's a good idea. Yes Disney has things for toddlers, but it would still leave them separated at times while one person deals with a toddler and the others enjoy bigger rides. I wouldn't bring a child his age to Disney if I had the choice. It's not like Lincoln even knows what's going on. I'm glad they'll have the opportunity to focus on the older kids.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

ewokfan11 wrote:
It's such a weird phenomenon that a 1st grader can be a YT celeb and has to miss school for a sponsored Disney trip because it's basically her job to earn an income for her parents.
You nailed it. This sums up their life now.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

"We work really hard for making our Youtube videos." Oh give me a break, Bonnie. When she said this I couldn't help but roll my eyes. What garbage is that quote! It's not HARD to put a video on YouTube. If it takes a few hours a day, compare it to working a full time job and everything that comes with it. What the actual fuck.

I like that she acknowledged that the kids are a big part of their YouTube, but honestly, it's just sad what this has all turned into. If these kids grow up thinking YOUTUBE is hard work, how will they be trained to do anything that is ACTUALLY hard? Life is not a constant vacation.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote:
Sarai wrote:If he has a smartphone, it's about time. Welcome to 2017, Joel.
I don't begrudge him for this, at all. I admire that he stuck with the old brick for as long as he did, but YT is his full time job now and you can't use that to film video, or check comments, or access creator studio.

Their family has changed but IMO all I see is them taking advantage of their current financial position. They were never ones to go on vacation before now, Joel was always at work, Bonnie was either pregnant or had a young baby.

Taking the kids out of school isn't the smartest idea but... they don't seem to place value on education anyways so I really doubt those kids are missing much. In 10 years time, would Olivia and Cody remember the month of school work they missed, had they been in attendance? Probably not. Will they remember the trips to Hawaii and Disneyland? Not the whole lot, but they will have fond memories of certain points.

Their income relies on channel growth and views, and one sure way to achieve that is by getting out and about, doing fun things so people can kinda live vicariously through you. That's the beauty of YouTube.
I agree. I think they are caught up in the whirlwind right now through and do think the one week later is a bit much. I actually like the travel, I just wish they hired a teacher of some sort to travel with them to assist them. All other vloggers have assistants or "friends" that make up an entourage, I wouldn't mind seeing them have a teacher/sitter travel with them (or at least a tutor). They might even get a better education that just normal UT! Who knows, there could be a retired teacher that would love the opportunity to travel? That to me would be money well spent.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”