Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Addicted2vlogs wrote:
nc_mom wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote: The religion is separate from my point. There are striking differences in UT/ID Mormons, than others pretty much everywhere else. That's why I think the children would benefit from leaving that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just taking them out of Utah to Hawaii made them grow and experience more of life. They lead a very sheltered life in their current situation. Although travel experiences can be wonderful to open one's eyes to the world around them they should try to schedule travels when school is out. The current Disney trip during the school year is really negligent planning right after a month in Hawaii. Her explanation is ridiculous. Olivia and Cody should stay behind with relatives so they don't miss more school!

Disney Trip during the school year is negligent? Image
Whoa. It really doesn't matter while they are this age. No matter what religion, age or country we come from, I think we can all agree that kids in our class were always going on trips, overseas, interstate. In that same class there was the kid that never missed a day & there was the kid that never went to school not because of trips but because drug addicted parents. Are we jealous we aren't going to Disneyland or genuinely annoyed that the Hoellien kids are missing another 5 days of primary school (middle school).

Ok I'm a bit triggered. From age 6-10 I done correspondence schooling, like homeschooling but in the 90's. My dad was a little slack with the school work, but gee, travelling this half of the world done more for me than school ever did. Yes even Disneyland is educational and mind stimulating.

Knorpp&South have 9 kids and travelling the world. They are great, Mormons too.

Knorpp and South are totally different. They don't blow off education to travel. They live in an RV and home school, and education comes before fun. And they don't just go to "fun" places. They go to museums and national parks. Those kids are learning all the time. They're going to go live in Europe for a while. They may be Mormon, but they are not living in a bubble.
It's not necessarily "negligence" to take the kids out of school, but it's teaching them that education isn't important. And that you can blow off your teachers.
Telling the kids they "deserve" this just after being in Hawaii for a month is pretty ridiculous. I think Bonnie knew there was going to be backlash and that's where the little speech came from.
Sorry if you're triggered, but this isn't about you. It's about Bonnie. If you were home schooled, at least someone thought your education mattered. You're definitely allowed your opinion, but so are we.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:"We work really hard for making our Youtube videos." Oh give me a break, Bonnie. When she said this I couldn't help but roll my eyes. What garbage is that quote! It's not HARD to put a video on YouTube. If it takes a few hours a day, compare it to working a full time job and everything that comes with it. What the actual fuck.

I like that she acknowledged that the kids are a big part of their YouTube, but honestly, it's just sad what this has all turned into. If these kids grow up thinking YOUTUBE is hard work, how will they be trained to do anything that is ACTUALLY hard? Life is not a constant vacation.
Maybe she meant the marketing? She has no network, and is pulling in some pretty impressive sponsorships. Someone is putting work into that. I've given Bryan credit for the business side of things and he does have a network, so Bonnie by comparison is doing some impressive work behind the scenes too. (Assuming these sponsors aren't just finding her).

But I agree, a month in HI isn't exactly HARD WORK.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I definitely don't agree with her leaving sick Lincoln. If he's _her_ baby, and she thinks she's mother of the year, then she should have rescheduled the trip. I know it's just croup, and she's leaving him with the Great Goddess of Motherhood, but I wouldn't feel right.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:"We work really hard for making our Youtube videos." Oh give me a break, Bonnie. When she said this I couldn't help but roll my eyes. What garbage is that quote! It's not HARD to put a video on YouTube. If it takes a few hours a day, compare it to working a full time job and everything that comes with it. What the actual fuck.

I like that she acknowledged that the kids are a big part of their YouTube, but honestly, it's just sad what this has all turned into. If these kids grow up thinking YOUTUBE is hard work, how will they be trained to do anything that is ACTUALLY hard? Life is not a constant vacation.
Maybe she meant the marketing? She has no network, and is pulling in some pretty impressive sponsorships. Someone is putting work into that. I've given Bryan credit for the business side of things and he does have a network, so Bonnie by comparison is doing some impressive work behind the scenes too. (Assuming these sponsors aren't just finding her).

If this is what she was referring to, I don't think its something the kids can comprehend or understand at their age. They think YouTube is taking a video and putting it on Youtube, you know?
I'm just at the point that I think YouTubers have become very self entitled. Many people work hard in this world, but they aren't handed all of these vacations, the amount of money they do, etc. All they do is show us their day. We don't owe them anything.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

I think they ARE signed with one of the brand deal companies - like Trending Family. It's not a full network, but they do connect YT families with brand deals and do all the legal stuff, etc. I'm guessing these companies take a % of the brand deal $$$, but not any of the ad revenue from their videos.
pendleton
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pendleton »

ewokfan11 wrote:Well, I wasn't expecting a vacation brand deal. It now seems really odd that they aren't taking Lincoln - they weren't even planning to before he was sick. He's small, but it's not like he's an infant. Are Beau and Emily taking Henry?

Bonnie obviously lied about forgetting about the trip. Her brother has a REAL job, so he'd have to ask for time off well in advance, etc. Makes me also think they are exaggerating about Lincoln's illness to get sympathy for leaving him at home while everyone else is at Disneyland!!! That's sort of just mean.

And, YES, they are changing and they are totally trying to hide things from viewers and PRETEND things are no different. I had to LOL when she said they don't have any summer trips planned. Yeah, that's until a new brand deal/sponsored one pops up!!!! Well, unless they are planning to move over the summer.

Of COURSE they have NO summer trips planned! That is when school is out so that would make way too much sense. Bahahaha Incredible. I hope the school tells them to just pull their kids out permanently. I didn't even give this vlog a view. I'm so over the dumb, entitled, family vloggers who bank on 10 year old viewers. They are messing their children up big time. I've only been subbed to lifestyle Youtubers who enhance my life in some way (food, exercise, organization) because I can't even donate my views $$ to these trainwrecks anymore.
pendleton
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pendleton »

ewokfan11 wrote:Well, I wasn't expecting a vacation brand deal. It now seems really odd that they aren't taking Lincoln - they weren't even planning to before he was sick. He's small, but it's not like he's an infant. Are Beau and Emily taking Henry?

Bonnie obviously lied about forgetting about the trip. Her brother has a REAL job, so he'd have to ask for time off well in advance, etc. Makes me also think they are exaggerating about Lincoln's illness to get sympathy for leaving him at home while everyone else is at Disneyland!!! That's sort of just mean.

And, YES, they are changing and they are totally trying to hide things from viewers and PRETEND things are no different. I had to LOL when she said they don't have any summer trips planned. Yeah, that's until a new brand deal/sponsored one pops up!!!! Well, unless they are planning to move over the summer.

Of COURSE they have NO summer trips planned! That is when school is out so that would make way too much sense. Bahahaha Incredible. I hope the school tells them to just pull their kids out permanently. I didn't even give this vlog a view. I'm so over the dumb, entitled, family vloggers who bank on 10 year old viewers. They are messing their children up big time. I've only been subbed to lifestyle Youtubers who enhance my life in some way (food, exercise, organization) because I can't even donate my views $$ to these trainwrecks anymore.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I've noticed many people who are in favor of this current lifestyle use the excuse "When they look back on this time, they would remember the memories of the trips, not what they did in school". OF COURSE 10 years from now they wouldn't exactly remember what the hell they did in class during April/May of 2017 and would more easily remember their trip. But that's not the point. They need to know that school and education is important. They need to know that it can't be so lightly brushed off. They need to respect their teachers and understand how much work goes into being one. They cannot leave whenever they'd like! When you've been taught by the same person for so many months (who have had a proper education), it has to be tough when your less educated parents step in. They don't have the same teaching methods as an actual teacher. Heck, they probably don't even know what they're properly doing. But what I'm trying to get at.....It's not that simple to skip school and go on trips just because they're more memorable than class. A lot of things are more memorable than going to school at that age. If that was the case, kids would be skipping more often! But it needs to be taught that school should always come first. That's how I was raised and I know I will continue to believe this.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

*RANT*
I'm getting incredibly frustrated seeing people say that Olivia and Cody missing this much school won't have much of an impact. I have students their age and older who had to go away for family emergencies for 1-2 months, and they are entire grade levels behind their classmates now - and this is with parents who are trying to work with them at home, put them into tutoring so that they can get back on track.

I have no doubt in my mind that unless Olivia and Cody are light years ahead of their classmates, they will be behind - but it's not even that, right now especially for Cody he is learning the very basics of how to read and write coherently. Say he missed the lessons on how long and short vowels work, that will SEVERELY mess him up when it comes to reading. Simple words like "May" he won't be able to read because he won't understand that the letters 'ay' make a long A sound.
I made similar comments when they went on the Hawaii trip but I just feel this needs to be said again. Just because they're young DOES NOT mean what they're learning now will not impact their education, if they don't learn everything now - that will affect their learning as they get older.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Double post, sorry. The only reason I'm pissed about Bonnie not bringing Linc is because of the breathing episode he had. No way in HELL I'd be leaving my baby for a week even if they had a damn cold.

nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

AutumnLane wrote:I agree with everything you ladies have said. Leaving sick Lincoln behind. Missing six weeks in total and not finishing the school work in Hawaii. All mind-boggling to me.

One thing I noticed that I don't think anybody brought up. Why is Bonnie giving the kids a speech about money/sponsorships and NOT about academics and the importance of being sure not to fall behind in school? At least pretend for the camera Bonnie that you care. She just proved where her priorities are. Sponsorships, the kidses YouTube career and MONEY.

Mother of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're so right! The one thing they are also not thinking about is their future and the kids future as well. All the headlines lately have warned that youTubers are losing a lot of income since many big sponsors are pulling out due to all the graphic violence being vlogged. What will they do when the money stops? The vacations, paid trips, paid perks will all come to an end at some point. Joel will go back to work and Bonnie will have to be content being a stay at home mom if she doesn't want to get a job. In the end educating her children to offer them some sort of future and quality of life should always be of utmost concern if they plan ahead for the future. Vlogging might eventually dry up for them...nothing lasts forever!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nc_mom wrote:
AutumnLane wrote:I agree with everything you ladies have said. Leaving sick Lincoln behind. Missing six weeks in total and not finishing the school work in Hawaii. All mind-boggling to me.

One thing I noticed that I don't think anybody brought up. Why is Bonnie giving the kids a speech about money/sponsorships and NOT about academics and the importance of being sure not to fall behind in school? At least pretend for the camera Bonnie that you care. She just proved where her priorities are. Sponsorships, the kidses YouTube career and MONEY.

Mother of the year.

You're so right! The one thing they are also not thinking about is their future and the kids future as well. All the headlines lately have warned that youTubers are losing a lot of income since many big sponsors are pulling out due to all the graphic violence being vlogged. What will they do when the money stops? The vacations, paid trips, paid perks will all come to an end at some point. Joel will go back to work and Bonnie will have to be content being a stay at home mom if she doesn't want to get a job. In the end educating her children to offer them some sort of future and quality of life should always be of utmost concern if they plan ahead for the future. Vlogging might eventually dry up for them...nothing lasts forever!
Of all the vloggers I follow B&J seem to be the only ones acknowledging that YT won't be forever. I see their behaviour as taking advantage of the opportunities now, more than a total change in lifestyle. They certainly must be saving/investing/planning for the future in some capacity given that we don't see them spending that much. YT could end tomorrow, Joel could find a job, and they could survive on one income again. They did it with far less before, with more bills. Of all the vlogging couples, I honestly think YT ending would have the least negative impact on them.
PBandJelly
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PBandJelly »

Yes yes yes to ALL the above. Longtime lurker, first time poster. This whole Disney trip just sent me over the edge! I used to really like Bonnie and Joel but I'm questioning their motives as of late... their utter lack of concern for their children's education is mind boggling. They should be instilling in their children that going to school and learning is their job... NOT serving as footage for vlogs or motivation for sponsorship deals. I have no issue with taking the kids to Disney but do it during the summer! Also-- Bonnie's speech still made her look bad.... even if they didn't go on the Hawaii trip they were still planning on taking the kids out of school only a few weeks before summer?

Bonnie may be signed on with trending family based on TF's recent insta post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

HelloSweetie wrote:
nc_mom wrote:

Mother of the year.

Of all the vloggers I follow B&J seem to be the only ones acknowledging that YT won't be forever. I see their behaviour as taking advantage of the opportunities now, more than a total change in lifestyle. They certainly must be saving/investing/planning for the future in some capacity given that we don't see them spending that much. YT could end tomorrow, Joel could find a job, and they could survive on one income again. They did it with far less before, with more bills. Of all the vlogging couples, I honestly think YT ending would have the least negative impact on them.
That is definitely true. The other families who have moved into super expensive homes and radically changed their lifestyle might be in deep trouble down the road as they seem to think this vlogging phenomenon of quick money and freebies will go on indefinitely. I also wonder what their children will think as time goes by and they get older with lives and friends of their own. They might not want the cameras following them around anymore and the parents who use their children to get views and subs will lose viewers as well.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

PBandJelly wrote:Yes yes yes to ALL the above. Longtime lurker, first time poster. This whole Disney trip just sent me over the edge! I used to really like Bonnie and Joel but I'm questioning their motives as of late... their utter lack of concern for their children's education is mind boggling. They should be instilling in their children that going to school and learning is their job... NOT serving as footage for vlogs or motivation for sponsorship deals. I have no issue with taking the kids to Disney but do it during the summer! Also-- Bonnie's speech still made her look bad.... even if they didn't go on the Hawaii trip they were still planning on taking the kids out of school only a few weeks before summer?

Bonnie may be signed on with trending family based on TF's recent insta post.
Baha. Oh Bonnie. Have your husband quit his union job. Get him to edit the vlogs. You r & r some emails with the company that arranges brand deals. Smart cookie. YTers are up there when it comes to the list of laziest types of people.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I think that out of all family vloggers I have the easiest time believing these two are saving and preparing for the future, but I still think they're making poor choices. If I was having the financial windfall that they are I'd invest it into my own education first and foremost, as a way of securing my future. College funds for the kids are also far more important than vacations (or missions) but I think we all know that they aren't saving for those.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

I think she obviously could have planned better, but if she knew her plan was month off, week back, week off she should've pulled them before Hawaii and enrolled them as online homeschoolers. She's commented she can't even handle homework with them. Put them online. At least it would have given them more of a thorough end of the year education. It's not ideal (especially in the younger grades her kids are in) but it's better than half done makeup work. The only thing she'd have to do one on one with them is handwriting practice. That's a workbook and 10-15 min per day. l just pray this isn't a sign of changes to come. I do think even when they were tight on money Bonnie seems to have expensive taste and a love for the finer things. I just hope they don't change too much.

shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

I'm just gunna wait for the vlog where Bonnie says "I've decided to home school the kids" from here on out.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I for once don't agree or understand the anger popping up from everywhere. I really don't think that the children will suffer so much missing school especially at their age, the'll catch up. Let the family live, just once. I'm sure they won't be doing this every month. The only ones I feel sotty for are probably the teachers...
I wish the Hoelleins nothing but the best experience at Disney and I'm happy for her brother Bo, joining with family ...
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

shewolf_07 wrote:I'm just gunna wait for the vlog where Bonnie says "I've decided to home school the kids" from here on out.
I think that would be a DISASTER. My daughter had endocrine issues so we homeschooled 1st-4th due to dangerous blood sugar swings she had that we managed with medication. We homeschooled our second child those 3years for Prek-2nd. It has its high points and can be very bonding as a family. It also is parenting in steroids. You no longer look at your child and think "did l give them their vitamins today? Wait.... dentist. Short they're due again to go. Gotta schedule that." You also constantly are looking at them thinking " Did they grasp what l was teaching about homonyms versus synonyms? Am l getting through to them? I know l use Math curriculum that claims to cover the "standards" but lncant help fearing there are gaps that their peers are learning in public school." Add that + keeping it interesting+ doing something that even most professional teachers don't have to do which is teach multiple grades at once. IT IS NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART. Truth be told since l had the birth of another child thrown in the mix.... it took a toll on my health that l am still paying for. If it's done well, it's an insane amount of work and $. I loved it so much but it's an ENORMOUS COMMITMENT in every way. Ur house looked like a classroom. Shelves of supplies and books. I do not see Bonnie doing it. She's admitted she hates doing homework with them and doesn't enjoy playing with them. That coupled with how little she does academically to prep them at home for Kinder (considering they're a family who has made bold statements amount the lack of need for preschool in their familiy)

Last edited by jaynshann on Mon May 08, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”