Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by Caisflame »

ewokfan11 wrote:Did anyone else think that intro and that obviously provided drone footage was extremely weird??? I'm guessing that had to add that as part of their brand deal?? It was all very strange and oddly placed in the vlog without explanation.
I actually said to myself "What the hell is this?". I knew it was from a ride, but it still seemed so out of place. Even with it being part of a ride, it didn't exactly feel like Disney. The one later on with actual footage of Disney made more sense.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Hasnt Olivia done Summer School before? Is there a possibility that she will again? I think so. I think Bonnie has considered that as an option. I really like her, but if I were in her shoes - a stay at home mom with 4 kids and doing brand deals and going on a holiday of a lifetime-which btw I dont think she'll go for a month next time unless it's summertime, I'd be considering summer classes for my kids for sure.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

When vloggers go to Disneyland it's often asked what the appeal is. Bonnie's IG right now has a clip that really shows what I love about it. They are watching a parade and Cody has a look of emotion and excitement on his face. It's just touching. I love experiencing that, and watching my kids so happy they are touched emotionally.
readysetgo

Unread post by readysetgo »

You all need to look at yourselves more critically before judging how "smart" the Griffiths family is (especially based on grammar). I see people claiming to work in education and have college degrees making grammar/spelling errors in EVERY ONE OF THEIR POSTS.

Being able to write your name at 3/4 doesn't make you smart, going to preschool doesn't make you smart, getting good grades doesn't even necessarily mean you're that smart. Young kids that do "smart" things are often just "coached" which doesn't correlate to IQ or better success in life unless the parents continue to be very highly involved. That still doesn't make the kid "smarter" but just more "educated." Very intelligent people are also often not very successful because they lack other skills/personality traits that translate well in the workplace. The Hoellein kids do not seem to be behind at this point, Olivia did well on her test upon returning to school, I don't think they have missed anything that they can't catch up on. They seem to be inquisitive and thoughtful and able to learn from the world around them like on trips or "dangerous" play outside. Some of you have said that an hour or two at home can't compare to a normal school day. Here's the thing... it does! When a teacher has to teach varying levels of students in a class and deal with things like behavioral issues, most students don't thrive. A student that can focus on just doing their work with individual attention will get the same work done much faster.

B+J have sacrificed many things in the past to take care of their family, now that they have become successful at youtube, why would you criticize them for expanding their horizons by traveling, etc.?

P.S. Being a youtuber isn't as "easy" as some of you say. Editing videos takes far more time than you would think, as does maintaining an online presence. Even if you do everything "correctly" it is still hard to break through the crowd these days.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

readysetgo wrote:You all need to look at yourselves more critically before judging how "smart" the Griffiths family is (especially based on grammar). I see people claiming to work in education and have college degrees making grammar/spelling errors in EVERY ONE OF THEIR POSTS.

Being able to write your name at 3/4 doesn't make you smart, going to preschool doesn't make you smart, getting good grades doesn't even necessarily mean you're that smart. Young kids that do "smart" things are often just "coached" which doesn't correlate to IQ or better success in life unless the parents continue to be very highly involved. That still doesn't make the kid "smarter" but just more "educated." Very intelligent people are also often not very successful because they lack other skills/personality traits that translate well in the workplace. The Hoellein kids do not seem to be behind at this point, Olivia did well on her test upon returning to school, I don't think they have missed anything that they can't catch up on. They seem to be inquisitive and thoughtful and able to learn from the world around them like on trips or "dangerous" play outside. Some of you have said that an hour or two at home can't compare to a normal school day. Here's the thing... it does! When a teacher has to teach varying levels of students in a class and deal with things like behavioral issues, most students don't thrive. A student that can focus on just doing their work with individual attention will get the same work done much faster.

B+J have sacrificed many things in the past to take care of their family, now that they have become successful at youtube, why would you criticize them for expanding their horizons by traveling, etc.?

P.S. Being a youtuber isn't as "easy" as some of you say. Editing videos takes far more time than you would think, as does maintaining an online presence. Even if you do everything "correctly" it is still hard to break through the crowd these days.
Hi Bonnie!
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

readysetgo wrote:You all need to look at yourselves more critically before judging how "smart" the Griffiths family is (especially based on grammar). I see people claiming to work in education and have college degrees making grammar/spelling errors in EVERY ONE OF THEIR POSTS.

I agree with a lot of this, and I'm so glad someone mentioned the hypocrisy about the grammar! The posts from yesterday were just painful. Nonetheless, in spite of obvious errors, these posts got many likes. This, in my opinion, further proves that a person can be intelligent and have their opinion respected, despite not having the ability to write using proper spelling and sentence structure :-o
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

please keep in mind that not everybody who posts here is a native english speaker and that criticisms against ytmd users' grammar/spelling (although idk why people are criticizing users here in the first place- we aren't youtubers and discussions here shouldn't be making anyone upset enough to lash out at others) will inevitably target these people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Blehmieux wrote:please keep in mind that not everybody who posts here is a native english speaker and that criticisms against ytmd users' grammar/spelling (although idk why people are criticizing users here in the first place- we aren't youtubers and discussions here shouldn't be making anyone upset enough to lash out at others) will inevitably target these people

Yeah, but the thing is, just because Joel can't write YT descriptions, that doesn't mean he isn't smart either. People judge Bonnie and Joel (and other YTers) based off their grammar all the time, but that isn't really an accurate indicator of how intelligent they are. There have been many men and women in history that were illiterate, and yet very intelligent creators, inventors, business owners, etc. If we are going to look past spelling errors when a new user posts, and see what they are trying to say, then that's just the same as many of us seeing past those mistakes and seeing the intelligence that Joel or Bonnie have. Because I do not believe they are as stupid as people here like to believe they are.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

menehune wrote:
Blehmieux wrote:please keep in mind that not everybody who posts here is a native english speaker and that criticisms against ytmd users' grammar/spelling (although idk why people are criticizing users here in the first place- we aren't youtubers and discussions here shouldn't be making anyone upset enough to lash out at others) will inevitably target these people

Yeah, but the thing is, just because Joel can't write YT descriptions, that doesn't mean he isn't smart either. People judge Bonnie and Joel (and other YTers) based off their grammar all the time, but that isn't really an accurate indicator of how intelligent they are. There have been many men and women in history that were illiterate, and yet very intelligent creators, inventors, business owners, etc. If we are going to look past spelling errors when a new user posts, and see what they are trying to say, then that's just the same as many of us seeing past those mistakes and seeing the intelligence that Joel or Bonnie have. Because I do not believe they are as stupid as people here like to believe they are.
ok so talk about that (as many people already have been in a respectful way)! i don't see the need to throw in a "and by the way some of you here are just as illiterate as b+j haha!!" it comes off as such obvious projection to me and makes this board feel hostile. i'm not trying to say that people can't argue against the idea that b+j are unintelligent for having frequent spelling and grammar errors, cuz that's fair discussion, but when users here get thrown under the bus it just sours the conversation.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't think that the grammatical errors in the vlog descriptions make Joel and Bonnie look dumb. Just unprofessional. That's what bugs me about it. They're trying to make this their job and say that they're professionals, then they ought to at least use spell check and try to write a simple declarative sentence. I don't think either of them are stupid. Uneducated, yes. Stupid, no.
Ellie, on the other hand-- dumb as a bag of rocks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

Thank you to the person who mentioned us (people who don't have English as their first language) I speak 4 languages so sometimes I mess up and I'm sorry for that.
I still don't think Bonnie and Joel are smart people and I'm allowed to think that based on what my definition of "smart" is.

Also I've been editing videos for almost 10 years.. nothing about it is groundbreaking. Amanda Steele was 13 when she started YouTube. Plenty of 10 years old are on YouTube making gaming video or Casey Neistat like video... stop trying to make this a hard job, it is not.

Bonnie dit nothing really hard to become famous. Just like in real life, nepotism exist on YouTube. Casey lavere, Carlie styles,
Joe sugg,
Bonnie, Ruby all of these people had a leg before anyone who start YouTube without a sibling in the business.
VLOGGING is not groundbreaking my 8 years old niece upload private vlog all the time for me to watch. Every single one of us here can pick up a camera and film our kids doing everyday mondain things and upload it with a few click bait and get views. (And don't tell me to do it bc I've done it in the past) especially if we are home all day doing nothing with our husband.
Social media presence also means nothing (Ruby doesn't have Snapchat, Facebook, barely tweet and instagram once in a blue moon and still have the most views out of all her sisters)
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

lmmomSD wrote:I don't think that the grammatical errors in the vlog descriptions make Joel and Bonnie look dumb. Just unprofessional. That's what bugs me about it. They're trying to make this their job and say that they're professionals, then they ought to at least use spell check and try to write a simple declarative sentence. I don't think either of them are stupid. Uneducated, yes. Stupid, no.
Ellie, on the other hand-- dumb as a bag of rocks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Right? Lol i wonder what Joel Email to sponsor look like... if we should look at the way their description is written then they better start signing with a network (which I think they already did :rofl:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don't know how much work vlogging is exactly, but I do know that some people are better at it than others. I disagree that knowing someone is all it takes to do well on YT. Steps to Wander, Matt and Em, Randy and Anna, etc all have connections to more famous YTers and the views just aren't there. I think personality and content have a lot to do with who builds a lasting audience and who does not. Bryan Lanning worked at building his empire, and like him or not, he's done many things right. Bonnie has worked hard for the audience she has, and it isn't the same one that E&J have. In some ways, both Ruby and Bonnie built their audiences more organically than E&J did! E&J for years were able to just keep siphoning off the new subs that DB picked up, but those days are over given the last few meetups. C&K have had the same benefit, and just aren't building up heir channel like E&J were able to. It isn't all about who you know. A lot of vloggers have put work into building a certain type of audience, and there is value in that.

I may not like a lot of vloggers, but I'm not about to dismiss the success that some of them have as just being by chance. Even E&J have a clear image they are or selling, and I can see why people are so quick to buy it. It isn't just luck. I don't necessarily think it amounts to a full time job, but I do think it's work.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I had a long winded post FILLED with grammatical errors typed up, but decided this would suffice. Grammatical errors on a private forum vs grammatical errors on something you're posting as part of your career are two very different things. You can bet your ass I'm rambling on these posts and not using proper grammar, but if this were a note to the parents of a student of mine it would be grammatically correct. I'm sure most of us let go of the perfect grammar whilst on these threads.

Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't know how much work vlogging is exactly, but I do know that some people are better at it than others. I disagree that knowing someone is all it takes to do well on YT. Steps to Wander, Matt and Em, Randy and Anna, etc all have connections to more famous YTers and the views just aren't there. I think personality and content have a lot to do with who builds a lasting audience and who does not. Bryan Lanning worked at building his empire, and like him or not, he's done many things right. Bonnie has worked hard for the audience she has, and it isn't the same one that E&J have. In some ways, both Ruby and Bonnie built their audiences more organically than E&J did! E&J for years were able to just keep siphoning off the new subs that DB picked up, but those days are over given the last few meetups. C&K have had the same benefit, and just aren't building up heir channel like E&J were able to. It isn't all about who you know. A lot of vloggers have put work into building a certain type of audience, and there is value in that.

I may not like a lot of vloggers, but I'm not about to dismiss the success that some of them have as just being by chance. Even E&J have a clear image they are or selling, and I can see why people are so quick to buy it. It isn't just luck. I don't necessarily think it amounts to a full time job, but I do think it's work.

If you read my comment, I didn't say that's all it took I said they had a leg before people like shay carl, e and j or anyone who didn't have a sibling in it.
Now Ellie introduced all her sibling to her audience and only two of them became famous out of it and that was just pure luck imo.
My own théorie with Bonnie is that she was able to gain because she appeared a lot in Ellie's vlogs bc of the fact that they don't live far from each other and that may not seems like It bc they are sibling but that's a collab. A lot of people watch Bonnie just to see Jackson appear in it and decide to stay because her kids are somewhat cute too. She also used a lot of "e+j" "Ellie's sister" tags in the beginning and a lot of click bait also.
Look at the amount of follower grandma and grandpa Griffith have on instagram and they are able to do these teeth whitening sponsorship.. why would anyone follows a Mormon grandma and grandpa on instagram if it wasn't for the fact that they appear in their YouTube famous kids vlogs?? What did Jennifer and chad do to have an instagram fan base??
Now tell me, beside that what did Bonnie do to "build" that empire? She only went to one [s]Mormon reunion[/s] YouTube convention??
If you are not producing aesthetically pleasing Vlog à la casey meistat but just merely filming your day waiting for your kid to have have an ER visit so you can have the perfect click bait title, you are not working to me.

Ruby is doing all of this by herself.. between all her kids piano lessons, gyms classes, school.. she is vlogging 6 days a weeks with a husband still working and travelling at least once a month and guess what I still don't think she worked hard for the high amount of views she get so yeah I'm not giving Bonnie a path on the back. (Maybe Bryan bc he didn't have a sibling in it I don't really know bc I don't watch them)
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

I find it ironic how vloggers (eg. Bonnie & Ruby) will state that it is such hard work or you don't know how much work we do. Yet when they get hate, they state you only see a small 10 minute window into our life. Ruby even stated that she cuts down a hour of footage to a 10 min video. So that is still probably only half abnormal work day for most people.

Also, if they produced a video with as good a quality of video production as Casey Neistat than I would agree that they work just as hard.

On another note, college degree does not equal success. Hard work equals success. That's my biggest gripe about a lot of the family vloggers, I find them lazy. Raising well rounded kids is hard work, in my opinion Bonnie & Ruby do not reflect this.

dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

dw30 wrote:I find it ironic how vloggers (eg. Bonnie & Ruby) will state that it is such hard work or you don't know how much work we do. Yet when they get hate, they state you only see a small 10 minute window into our life. Ruby even stated that she cuts down a hour of footage to a 10 min video. So that is still probably only half abnormal work day for most people.

Also, if they produced a video with as good a quality of video production as Casey Neistat than I would agree that they work just as hard.

On another note, college degree does not equal success. Hard work equals success. That's my biggest gripe about a lot of the family vloggers, I find them lazy. Raising well rounded kids is hard work, in my opinion Bonnie & Ruby do not reflect this.

* half of a normal work day *

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

amyfalafal wrote:

Hi Bonnie!
I was thinking the same lol, except the demonstrated insights in the first part are too intelligent for Bonnie :P But are soo true though! I was on the brink of thanking the writer, but fortunately read on, and from "The Hoellein kids...." it's all just defensive chatter I didn't agree with. The name of the poster gives me a male vibe (= wrong grammar probably ;) ), and Bryan was popping up in my mind, but he wouldn't be this articulate. I could see it as a Cullen prank though, would be "totally" unexpected, and Katie whispering the knowledge of the first part into his ear, better yet writing it herself lol. But it's probably a "creator" I don't know, but definitely a youtuber lol!
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

menehune wrote:

You're comparing apples and oranges. Blehmieux was saying when foreign posters are making grammar mistakes, which is different from Americans with English native language making grammar mistakes ;) (I accidentally liked your comment instead of quoting :p - I'm sorry)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Jennthelurker wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I don't know how much work vlogging is exactly, but I do know that some people are better at it than others. I disagree that knowing someone is all it takes to do well on YT. Steps to Wander, Matt and Em, Randy and Anna, etc all have connections to more famous YTers and the views just aren't there. I think personality and content have a lot to do with who builds a lasting audience and who does not. Bryan Lanning worked at building his empire, and like him or not, he's done many things right. Bonnie has worked hard for the audience she has, and it isn't the same one that E&J have. In some ways, both Ruby and Bonnie built their audiences more organically than E&J did! E&J for years were able to just keep siphoning off the new subs that DB picked up, but those days are over given the last few meetups. C&K have had the same benefit, and just aren't building up heir channel like E&J were able to. It isn't all about who you know. A lot of vloggers have put work into building a certain type of audience, and there is value in that.

If you read my comment, I didn't say that's all it took I said they had a leg before people like shay carl, e and j or anyone who didn't have a sibling in it.
Now Ellie introduced all her sibling to her audience and only two of them became famous out of it and that was just pure luck imo.
My own théorie with Bonnie is that she was able to gain because she appeared a lot in Ellie's vlogs bc of the fact that they don't live far from each other and that may not seems like It bc they are sibling but that's a collab. A lot of people watch Bonnie just to see Jackson appear in it and decide to stay because her kids are somewhat cute too. She also used a lot of "e+j" "Ellie's sister" tags in the beginning and a lot of click bait also.
Look at the amount of follower grandma and grandpa Griffith have on instagram and they are able to do these teeth whitening sponsorship.. why would anyone follows a Mormon grandma and grandpa on instagram if it wasn't for the fact that they appear in their YouTube famous kids vlogs?? What did Jennifer and chad do to have an instagram fan base??
Now tell me, beside that what did Bonnie do to "build" that empire? She only went to one [s]Mormon reunion[/s] YouTube convention??
If you are not producing aesthetically pleasing Vlog à la casey meistat but just merely filming your day waiting for your kid to have have an ER visit so you can have the perfect click bait title, you are not working to me.

Ruby is doing all of this by herself.. between all her kids piano lessons, gyms classes, school.. she is vlogging 6 days a weeks with a husband still working and travelling at least once a month and guess what I still don't think she worked hard for the high amount of views she get so yeah I'm not giving Bonnie a path on the back. (Maybe Bryan bc he didn't have a sibling in it I don't really know bc I don't watch them)
Like I said though, Bonnie and Ruby have picked up different audiences than E&J, so a lot of that did come down to their efforts though. Ellie and Jared didn't actually promote their siblings at all, the ones that have succeeded have done so due to content. I'm aware of all the siblings now, but only choose to follow Bonnie. Why? Her clogs are more interesting to me than the other siblings. Bonnie also attracted a lot of viewers in the beginning with her beauty tutorials.

I'm not saying that they don't get an extra boost of attention from a famous sibling, but I just don't believe its enough to just turn the camera on and throw together a vlog. Not from the start anyway. I'm just not personally as quick to dismiss someone's job when I don't know it. Then again, I do think Joel is trying to add style into the editing, and while I agree Casey has some stylish videos, he as a person just doesn't interest me. I find Bonnie and Joel relatable, and I just can't warn yo to Casey. Different things for different people.

I hate Bryan, and he may have been inspired to start by Shay, but he certainly took a lot of ideas and ran with them. He put some work into it, no doubt about that.

Well just have to agree to disagree.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”