Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Playsinrain wrote:I know i'm a defender of C&K, and probably most of roll your eyes when you see me post here, but i feel like Cullen is getting a lot of shit that isn't really justified right now. I agree he is immature, loud and crazy, but thats just who he is, yes he does get on my nerves from time to time, but i'm not married too him so it's not something i stress over. I think the guy is funny most times, but that is personal preference. I've seen comments that allude to Cullen just sitting on his rear all day and never helping Katie with the kids or around the house. I can't count how many vlogs where we have seen Cullen doing dishes, cleaning up the house, taking care of the kids, not complaining a bit when Katie leaves him with the kids, cooking dinner, carrying off trash, cleaning up the yard, helping with laundry... idk.. I do admit that i really like this family. and every family does things that other people don't agree with, but i don't think Katie cleaning the kitchen and Cullen giving her praise about it means that hes a lazy bum who does nothing around the house, only plays with the kids when the camera is on.. ect.. I think all in all Cullen is a great guy, he's a good dad, he loves Katie and it shows. Everyone is entitled to think whatever they want about them and voice that accordingly, but when i see so much hate for him, just bc we saw Katie clean the kitchen (and i know thats not the only issue that people have with him) and he was fixing eggs.. it just kinda makes me feel bad for the guy. He's up early with the kids today, if that makes any of you feel better..
I'm right there with you. The vlog featured Katie doing a "kitchen clean up" and embracing it. She voiced a certain satisfaction with wiping down the counters that she hadn't felt in the old house. I'm happy for her and the kitchen serves her well. I see no reason at all to criticize Cullen.

Over the years it has been Cullen doing the major clean up, specifically mopping the floor. Katie has staked out the laundry as her domain. And, while Katie had a brief affair with her dyson, Cullen appears to have picked up that job when Katie was pregnant on bed rest. He also does all the outside work and maintenance. Not only does he do the bigger jobs on his own home, he also happily helps out GrandBerry and GrandDolly when they need help.

By all appearances, they both seem to be happily figuring out their roles in regards to the new house and their growing family. Brooks is a real charmer and appears to be a more physical and outgoing baby. It is still incredible to me how he is all if a sudden as mobile as he is! I don't think it matters to Brooks whether his scrambled eggs are freashly made. That boy just wants to eat first thing! Last night's scrambled eggs sure beats a frozen pancake or breakfast burger. They are both stepping up and foung great in my opinion.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I'm somewhat new here and have never shared a picture before, so hopefully this works and everyone can see the screenshot. If not, it's the most recent pic on their Facebook page.
Funny how this "just" happened when that's the old house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:Now that Brooks is more mobile, he's going to have to get used to being told "No". I think that was just a big surprise to him, because he hasn't had the mobility to get into anything before. So I think he just felt betrayed that Mommy said no... He does seem to have more of a "push back" personality than Gaines, so it's going to be interesting. She doesn't really seem to have had a lot of terrible twos-- a few meltdowns, but nothing OTT, at least from what they've shown. Brooks seems like he's going to be more difficult. Honestly, since they always say "Oh, it's so easy! Why does everyone say babies are so hard?" I am interested to see what happens.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
He seems like he's going to be totally different than MG ever was, she was never into anything and was always very shy and reserved, slower to want to be mobile ect. Brooks seems like a total 360. Eats like its going out of style, always on the move, getting into things... i feel like they will have their hands full with him, not in a bad way, but in a normal way. They lucked out with MG. Reminds me so much of my kids, my son was an MG, very reserved, never into anything, no terrible twos to speak of.. My daughter was hell on wheels. She much more like her brother now that shes older, but there is a reason she is our last. :lol:
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

I know this topic has been discussed before, but is the YouTube ad cut not having an impact on family vloggers? Joe Santagato was saying his earning were cut by 60% but he understands because he believes he was overpaid and overrated for what little work he does. He also said he would never beg anyone to sub or turn on notifications because it's tacky. He mentioned he still has enough to pay the rent though, I definitely didn't think it was cut by that much. It makes me wonder how CK couldn't be worried about this, they already made on the lower end before buying this expensive house.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

]
WhatSheSaid wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:
He was getting in the dogs water bowl and she tapped him on the booty (or maybe the arm? It wasn't a spank or anything like that at all, just a Hey! You! kinda tap, to get his attention) and sternly told him No sir! She said she thought she scared him bc he didn't know she was behind him. She picked him up and comforted him right after. I don't think he was physically hurt at all, just startled and mad lol It was sad though, poor thing.
Well, that isn't exactly what happened, but whatever. It was difficult to see him cry. Nobody is accusing Katie of doing anything wrong. But, as Cullen stated, "He acts like he got shot." The way he responded to the intervention was so over the top. It was completely endearing. I don't think that's a problem.
What am i missing? Asking genuinely bc thats how i remember it going down and i can go back and re watch at the moment.. i do agree with you though, the way he responded was so pitiful. But at the same time super cute.. lol[/quote]

I don't understand why you are being so defensive in regards to Katie. And while you are being incredibly defensive, you have failed to relay what happened accurately. It appears to matter to you, it doesn't matter to me. Either way it is recalled, I fail to see the purpose. No one, to my knowledge, is accusing her of doing anything wrong. Do you not find a crying baby difficult to watch? I do. And the fact that he is such a cute and charming baby makes it that much more difficult for me to watch. I hope you don't think I was suggesting that they ought to allow him to get into the dogs' water bowl.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

]
WhatSheSaid wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:
He was getting in the dogs water bowl and she tapped him on the booty (or maybe the arm? It wasn't a spank or anything like that at all, just a Hey! You! kinda tap, to get his attention) and sternly told him No sir! She said she thought she scared him bc he didn't know she was behind him. She picked him up and comforted him right after. I don't think he was physically hurt at all, just startled and mad lol It was sad though, poor thing.
Well, that isn't exactly what happened, but whatever. It was difficult to see him cry. Nobody is accusing Katie of doing anything wrong. But, as Cullen stated, "He acts like he got shot." The way he responded to the intervention was so over the top. It was completely endearing. I don't think that's a problem.
What am i missing? Asking genuinely bc thats how i remember it going down and i can go back and re watch at the moment.. i do agree with you though, the way he responded was so pitiful. But at the same time super cute.. lol[/quote]

I don't understand why you are being so defensive in regards to Katie. And while you are being incredibly defensive, you have failed to relay what happened accurately. It appears to matter to you, it doesn't matter to me. Either way it is recalled, I fail to see the purpose. No one, to my knowledge, is accusing her of doing anything wrong. Do you not find a crying baby difficult to watch? I do. And the fact that he is such a cute and charming baby makes it that much more difficult for me to watch. I hope you don't think I was suggesting that they ought to allow him to get into the dogs' water bowl.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WhatSheSaid wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I know i'm a defender of C&K, and probably most of roll your eyes when you see me post here, but i feel like Cullen is getting a lot of shit that isn't really justified right now. I agree he is immature, loud and crazy, but thats just who he is, yes he does get on my nerves from time to time, but i'm not married too him so it's not something i stress over. I think the guy is funny most times, but that is personal preference. I've seen comments that allude to Cullen just sitting on his rear all day and never helping Katie with the kids or around the house. I can't count how many vlogs where we have seen Cullen doing dishes, cleaning up the house, taking care of the kids, not complaining a bit when Katie leaves him with the kids, cooking dinner, carrying off trash, cleaning up the yard, helping with laundry... idk.. I do admit that i really like this family. and every family does things that other people don't agree with, but i don't think Katie cleaning the kitchen and Cullen giving her praise about it means that hes a lazy bum who does nothing around the house, only plays with the kids when the camera is on.. ect.. I think all in all Cullen is a great guy, he's a good dad, he loves Katie and it shows. Everyone is entitled to think whatever they want about them and voice that accordingly, but when i see so much hate for him, just bc we saw Katie clean the kitchen (and i know thats not the only issue that people have with him) and he was fixing eggs.. it just kinda makes me feel bad for the guy. He's up early with the kids today, if that makes any of you feel better..
I'm right there with you. The vlog featured Katie doing a "kitchen clean up" and embracing it. She voiced a certain satisfaction with wiping down the counters that she hadn't felt in the old house. I'm happy for her and the kitchen serves her well. I see no reason at all to criticize Cullen.

Over the years it has been Cullen doing the major clean up, specifically mopping the floor. Katie has staked out the laundry as her domain. And, while Katie had a brief affair with her dyson, Cullen appears to have picked up that job when Katie was pregnant on bed rest. He also does all the outside work and maintenance. Not only does he do the bigger jobs on his own home, he also happily helps out GrandBerry and GrandDolly when they need help.

By all appearances, they both seem to be happily figuring out their roles in regards to the new house and their growing family. Brooks is a real charmer and appears to be a more physical and outgoing baby. It is still incredible to me how he is all if a sudden as mobile as he is! I don't think it matters to Brooks whether his scrambled eggs are freashly made. That boy just wants to eat first thing! Last night's scrambled eggs sure beats a frozen pancake or breakfast burger. They are both stepping up and foung great in my opinion.
I have never seen cullen back down from from any house work, big or small, he always seems happy to help! I think Katie is proud of the kitchen and happy to clean it up.
They have said in the past that when Brooks is ready to eat hes READY TO EAT and will voice that LOUDLY.. lol i totally understood the pre cooking of the eggs. Brooks just wants his breakfast and FAST.. lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Caisflame wrote:I'm somewhat new here and have never shared a picture before, so hopefully this works and everyone can see the screenshot. If not, it's the most recent pic on their Facebook page.
Funny how this "just" happened when that's the old house.
Wasn't that last week when they were blowing raspberries at each other? Maybe it just happened the way she says, and she's using an old screenshot to illustrate?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:

I have never seen cullen back down from from any house work, big or small, he always seems happy to help! I think Katie is proud of the kitchen and happy to clean it up.
They have said in the past that when Brooks is ready to eat hes READY TO EAT and will voice that LOUDLY.. lol i totally understood the pre cooking of the eggs. Brooks just wants his breakfast and FAST.. lol
Exactly.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WhatSheSaid wrote:]
WhatSheSaid wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: Well, that isn't exactly what happened, but whatever. It was difficult to see him cry. Nobody is accusing Katie of doing anything wrong. But, as Cullen stated, "He acts like he got shot." The way he responded to the intervention was so over the top. It was completely endearing. I don't think that's a problem.
What am i missing? Asking genuinely bc thats how i remember it going down and i can go back and re watch at the moment.. i do agree with you though, the way he responded was so pitiful. But at the same time super cute.. lol
I don't understand why you are being so defensive in regards to Katie. And while you are being incredibly defensive, you have failed to relay what happened accurately. It appears to matter to you, it doesn't matter to me. Either way it is recalled, I fail to see the purpose. No one, to my knowledge, is accusing her of doing anything wrong. Do you not find a crying baby difficult to watch? I do. And the fact that he is such a cute and charming baby makes it that much more difficult for me to watch. I hope you don't think I was suggesting that they ought to allow him to get into the dogs' water bowl.[/quote]

I think i got the OP's comment wrong, and thought she was asking literally what happened to make him cry. I wasn't trying to come off the way you are saying, i was just explaining what had went down, to the best that i could remember. You had stated that that wasn't exactly what happened and i was just genuinely curious as to what i left of out the story bc i thought maybe i missed something. I never thought anyone was accusing her, nor was i trying to say that he shouldnt have been corrected. I think Katie did exactly what i would have done and Brooks got upset and yes it was sad, but also cute and silly at the same time. It was sad to watch, i never said it wasn't. I'm sorry you have taken what i said as something more than it was. I totally agree with you 100%, i just thought, by your comment of thats not exactly what happened, that i missed something in retelling the clip and wondered what i missed. Seriously, there was nothing condescending or defensive in what i was trying to say, i was just trying to agree with you and figure out what i had forgotten about that clip in the same comment. I feel like people are taking what i say MUCH differently than what i'm trying to get across here lately.. I'm really sorry.

I also think i just screwed the quotes all up here so pardon that..
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I also agree that the retelling of what happened isn't a big deal, I'm not upset about it, i just wondered, without judgement, what i had missed. Again, sorry that i caused upset with me saying that. I wasn't retelling it to judge or defend, i really just thought the first poster was confused as to what actually happened.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Did anyone else notice when Katie and Kelly were changing out the cabinet hardware in the family room that the cabinets to the right of the fireplace were basically just doors hiding a wall? Like there was a wall directly behind the doors with little to no room to store things. Or was I seeing things?

I agree with them that it's a tough space to decorate. It's so much bigger than their first family room, so the furniture just doesn't fit as well. If they pushed the couch to the middle of the room with a sofa table behind it, I think that would fill it a little better and make the furniture look less awkward. I will say that they are doing a great job getting this house into shape.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I think they need the TV installed before making permanent holes in the wall.

I like how Cullen mentioned the kids get equal camera time.

MG singing was sweet. Captured a great memory.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

They had to know that this second home was a different style and scale than their first house and that their furniture would look out of place. Their best bet is going to be to group the furniture towards the center of the room and use the fireplace as the focal point rather than putting everything right against the walls. Jay was right to tell them to push the couch out from the wall.
pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:I know this topic has been discussed before, but is the YouTube ad cut not having an impact on family vloggers? Joe Santagato was saying his earning were cut by 60% but he understands because he believes he was overpaid and overrated for what little work he does. He also said he would never beg anyone to sub or turn on notifications because it's tacky. He mentioned he still has enough to pay the rent though, I definitely didn't think it was cut by that much. It makes me wonder how CK couldn't be worried about this, they already made on the lower end before buying this expensive house.
Only certain advertisers are boycotting youtube, and this is mostly because they don't want their ads to be featured on non-family friendly videos, so youtube, sometimes without even notifying the vlogger will turn off ads on some of the vloggers videos, anything with cusswords or adult content, or weird things that aren't family friendly is going to see a cut in ads, for many channels this will be drastic, but for some vloggers there will shouldn't be a difference. Vloggers are complaining because they aren't being notified of what vids are turned off and why.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

pibachka wrote:
Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:I know this topic has been discussed before, but is the YouTube ad cut not having an impact on family vloggers? Joe Santagato was saying his earning were cut by 60% but he understands because he believes he was overpaid and overrated for what little work he does. He also said he would never beg anyone to sub or turn on notifications because it's tacky. He mentioned he still has enough to pay the rent though, I definitely didn't think it was cut by that much. It makes me wonder how CK couldn't be worried about this, they already made on the lower end before buying this expensive house.
Only certain advertisers are boycotting youtube, and this is mostly because they don't want their ads to be featured on non-family friendly videos, so youtube, sometimes without even notifying the vlogger will turn off ads on some of the vloggers videos, anything with cusswords or adult content, or weird things that aren't family friendly is going to see a cut in ads, for many channels this will be drastic, but for some vloggers there will shouldn't be a difference. Vloggers are complaining because they aren't being notified of what vids are turned off and why.
^This^

I family vlog (sort of. The children are only sometimes in the vlogs. It's mostly just me and my husband). We've seen an uptick in views/subs (because our videos are showing up more in recommended, over less family-friendly content). And, for some reason, the ads being run on our videos are worth more now. I'm a TINY channel (only 750 subs), but our earnings increased from $12 bucks a month to $23 (seriously, a TINY channel, we don't earn much).

I started my channel to talk about living with bipolar and Binge Eating Disorder. Any video mentioning those topics get demonetized because mental illness isn't "advertiser friendly".

So, short answer is, Yes, family vloggers are seeing an increase in revenue. Tiny channels are getting a boost, and the larger channels are being very generously compensated.
:roll:
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

Does it bother anyone else that vloggers use their children to generate views and subscribers? I'm wondering if the vloggers without children do as well as the ones filming their cute (or obnoxious) kids? I rarely watch these family vloggers anymore since their attitudes have changed so much since making quick money. The click-bait titles, thumbnails and drama they use always seem to emphasize something with the kids. It has always bothered me that the children being filmed are all minors who have absolutely no say in any of it. Initially they claimed to want to just document their families for their own memories and out of town relatives...well that quickly changed once they realized they could quit their jobs and make money publicly airing their personal life. It's one thing for the adults to film themselves but using their children really bothers me. So many of their subscribers who make silly comments and seem to worship the vloggers are just kids themselves. I find myself watching more and more beauty, decorating, health and fitness, cooking and interior decorating vlogs and less and less of these families who seem to take advantage of their innocent babies/toddlers by using them for income. It just bothers me more and more. Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest!
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part

Playsinrain wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:]
WhatSheSaid wrote: Well, that isn't exactly what happened, but whatever. It was difficult to see him cry. Nobody is accusing Katie of doing anything wrong. But, as Cullen stated, "He acts like he got shot." The way he responded to the intervention was so over the top. It was completely endearing. I don't think that's a problem.
hhh

What am i missing? Asking genuinely bc thats how i remember it going down and i can go back and re watch at the moment.. i do agree with you though, the way he responded was so pitiful. But at the same time super cute.. lol
I don't understand why you are being so defensive in regards to Katie. And while you are being incredibly defensive, you have failed to relay what happened accurately. It appears to matter to you, it doesn't matter to me. Either way it is recalled, I fail to see the purpose. No one, to my knowledge, is accusing her of doing anything wrong. Do you not find a crying baby difficult to watch? I do. And the fact that he is such a cute and charming baby makes it that much more difficult for me to watch. I hope you don't think I was suggesting that they ought to allow him to get into the dogs' water bowl.[/
I think i got the OP's comment wrong, and thought she was asking literally what happened to make him cry. I wasn't trying to come off the way you are saying, i was just explaining what had went down, to the best that i could remember. You had stated that that wasn't exactly what happened and i was just genuinely curious as to what i left of out the story bc i thought maybe i missed something. I never thought anyone was accusing her, nor was i trying to say that he shouldnt have been corrected. I think Katie did exactly what i would have done and Brooks got upset and yes it was sad, but also cute and silly at the same time. It was sad to watch, i never said it wasn't. I'm sorry you have taken what i said as something more than it was. I totally agree with you 100%, i just thought, by your comment of thats not exactly what happened, that i missed something in retelling the clip and wondered what i missed. Seriously, there was nothing condescending or defensive in what i was trying to say, i was just trying to agree with you and figure out what i had forgotten about that clip in the same comment. I feel like people are taking what i say MUCH differently than what i'm trying to get across here lately.. I'm really sorry.

I also think i just screwed the quotes all up here so pardon that..
Did you ever go back YOURSELF and rewatch the clip? I am aware that another poster was accurate in her description of events, that aside, it might be helpful for you to give it another view. Indeed, you appeared to have taken an off hand comment and put it in God knows what sort of context, and as a result you were "defending" Katie with a blow by blow account of something that, in fact, didn't happen at all like you said. I'll ask you again, is it your opinion that I was suggesting he should be allowed to play in the dogs' water bowl? I don't understand the point of your entire post. I watched what happened, thought it was incredibly endearing, made a offhand comment related to what MG said, and concluded that it was difficult to watch. My post was perfectly innocuous.

Perhaps, in the future, you might want to ask a poster if the intent or language of a post is unclear to you. I often read the threads of on other vloggers to see what is going on in their lives. When the vlog is recapped, or a specific portion of the vlog is quoted, I do tend to rely on the poster being accurate. We've all been there, or perhaps it is just a lucky few of us, when the thread is going nuts and posters are all up in arms, so we watch the vlog. Crickets. Wtf was that all about?
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

nc_mom wrote:Does it bother anyone else that vloggers use their children to generate views and subscribers? I'm wondering if the vloggers without children do as well as the ones filming their cute (or obnoxious) kids? I rarely watch these family vloggers anymore since their attitudes have changed so much since making quick money. The click-bait titles, thumbnails and drama they use always seem to emphasize something with the kids. It has always bothered me that the children being filmed are all minors who have absolutely no say in any of it. Initially they claimed to want to just document their families for their own memories and out of town relatives...well that quickly changed once they realized they could quit their jobs and make money publicly airing their personal life. It's one thing for the adults to film themselves but using their children really bothers me. So many of their subscribers who make silly comments and seem to worship the vloggers are just kids themselves. I find myself watching more and more beauty, decorating, health and fitness, cooking and interior decorating vlogs and less and less of these families who seem to take advantage of their innocent babies/toddlers by using them for income. It just bothers me more and more. Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest!
I see where you're coming from but I consider the family vloggers as a daily reality TV show. Most of TLC reality shows have minors (babies) in them and they don't have say if they want to be filmed, so I compare that to the family vloggers. -shrug-
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

As I understand it, many companies have pulled out of doing youtube ads. Apparently, they have come to find out that their ads have been featured on racist/hate/violent videos. Even certain news channels have been hurt, revenue dropping as much as 60-70%, just for reporting on the aforementioned offensive material. Youtube is trying to come up with a way to handle the concerns. Generally speaking, family vloggers have not been hurt by this development. If I were a family vlogger, I'd still be concerned about YouTube Red. They'd be wise to look for another platform, or gather all their followers' names and email addresses in case something does come up. A few vloggers have written free ebooks in order to capture this info. The subscribers belong to the vlogger, not youtube. It isn't wise to allow youtube to hold all the cards.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”