Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I thought it was interesting while Bonnie was laughing at Boston after he burped in Tiana's face, Joel directly went right after him and it looked like he was kind of correcting him.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I thought it was interesting while Bonnie was laughing at Boston after he burped in Tiana's face, Joel directly went right after him and it looked like he was kind of correcting him.
She was laughing like it was the funniest thing she ever saw! Maybe part of that was embarrassment? I thought she laughed way too hard for the situation. I was thinking, it's not _that_ funny!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

I have to say that I'm really not a fan of these Disney vlogs. I liked the Hawaii ones a lot and these seem so frenzied and consumerish and annoying in comparison. I really don't understand why Bonnie would insist on Cody getting his hair done if he didn't want to. I also don't like the extreme gendering of the boutique stuff. Yes, I'm sure Olivia wouldn't have wanted to be a pirate and Boston/Cody wouldn't have chosen the princess but still it's just so rigid. I will be happy when they get back to Utah. I like this family a lot. I guess I just don't like Disneyland. I'm not feeling the magic.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

THESE DISNEY VIDEOS ARE JUST ADVERTISEMENTS, BUT THEY AREN'T BEING HONEST ABOUT THE FACT IT'S ALL FREE FOR THEM TO DO ALL THIS STUFF THAT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE FOR NORMAL PEOPLE. Sorry, but it's true. These are just ads for Disney.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ewokfan11 wrote:THESE DISNEY VIDEOS ARE JUST ADVERTISEMENTS, BUT THEY AREN'T BEING HONEST ABOUT THE FACT IT'S ALL FREE FOR THEM TO DO ALL THIS STUFF THAT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE FOR NORMAL PEOPLE. Sorry, but it's true. These are just ads for Disney.
I'm pretty sure the sponsor didn't pay for the boutique. Emily planned it and Bonnie told Cody he had to get his hair done because "she paid for it." I do t see where she implied it was free.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:THESE DISNEY VIDEOS ARE JUST ADVERTISEMENTS, BUT THEY AREN'T BEING HONEST ABOUT THE FACT IT'S ALL FREE FOR THEM TO DO ALL THIS STUFF THAT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE FOR NORMAL PEOPLE. Sorry, but it's true. These are just ads for Disney.
I'm pretty sure the sponsor didn't pay for the boutique. Emily planned it and Bonnie told Cody he had to get his hair done because "she paid for it." I do t see where she implied it was free.
It's because THEY LIE! All of this is FREE. FFS. I'm getting tired of people being so naive about these sponsorships and brand deals. Maybe it's because I've worked around the industry and KNOW all the perks, but YES THIS WAS ALL FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ewokfan11 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
It's because THEY LIE! All of this is FREE. FFS. I'm getting tired of people being so naive about these sponsorships and brand deals. Maybe it's because I've worked around the industry and KNOW all the perks, but YES THIS WAS ALL FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure why you are getting so worked up. People are entitled to their opinion. Mine is that we don't know.

You may work in the industry, but you really have no idea what Emily may have planned and paid for and what was promos for Bonnie. Beau and Emily don't seem to be a part of the sponsorship at least.

I guess I just see it differently because these are all things I've paid to do. Anyone that's been to Disney knows these are extras.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HS, I'm not worked up. I just think it's weird that people don't understand these undisclosed brand deals/sponsorships are just ADS (and completely free for them). It's just how YT is now. They get these things for free and put them on their YT channels and they are undisclosed ADS! It makes other people want to do the same. It's getting really ridiculous that they aren't disclosing these deals. I'm really OVER all the family vloggers and their FAKE vlogs.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ewokfan11 wrote:HS, I'm not worked up. I just think it's weird that people don't understand these undisclosed brand deals/sponsorships are just ADS (and completely free for them). It's just how YT is now. They get these things for free and put them on their YT channels and they are undisclosed ADS! It makes other people want to do the same. It's getting really ridiculous that they aren't disclosing these deals. I'm really OVER all the family vloggers and their FAKE vlogs.
I understand the frustration in general, I guess I'm just confused what you feel Bonnie is lying about. She said she was sponsored by Park Savers, and has repeated that in each vlog description. I realize YTers lie, I just don't see how Bonnie specifically has been misleading.

But I understand what you are getting at. Every flight that travels this becomes the debate. Did they choose to stay at an expensive hotel or was it free. I get it, and yes, I agree it's shady and annoying. I just feel that in this case, Bonnie was surprisingly upfront compared to the others that have done Disney lately.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

ewokfan11 wrote:HS, I'm not worked up. I just think it's weird that people don't understand these undisclosed brand deals/sponsorships are just ADS (and completely free for them). It's just how YT is now. They get these things for free and put them on their YT channels and they are undisclosed ADS! It makes other people want to do the same. It's getting really ridiculous that they aren't disclosing these deals. I'm really OVER all the family vloggers and their FAKE vlogs.
But to be fair to Bonnie, she hasn't hidden at all that the trip itself is sponsored. Many of them hide that these kinds of trips are sponsored, and she's been open.
Night Cheese
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Night Cheese »

Before they even went on a trip Bonnie made it clear it was a brand deal. I think it's pretty common knowledge that Disneyland is expensive. The tickets to get in the park and then all the other experiences once you are inside add up. I don't think people would assume from the vlog that the boutique, character lunch, etc were free and/or cheap. I also thought they had to pay because Emily had planned it and they were rushing to their appointment.

I do think the princess makeover is something Bonnie would have done regardless of whether she had to pay or not, considering how many princess dresses Olivia has.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

One of the biggest signs this was ALL FREE was when they had "reservations" ... but the reservations were to wait in line. I HIGHLY doubt bossy Bonnie would wait in a long line to eat if it wasn't FREE.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ewokfan11 wrote:One of the biggest signs this was ALL FREE was when they had "reservations" ... but the reservations were to wait in line. I HIGHLY doubt bossy Bonnie would wait in a long line to eat if it wasn't FREE.
That's how it works for the Disney dining though. You have to make reservations at least a month in advance usually, and you still have to wait for a seat. We do it every year Image
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

ewokfan11 wrote:One of the biggest signs this was ALL FREE was when they had "reservations" ... but the reservations were to wait in line. I HIGHLY doubt bossy Bonnie would wait in a long line to eat if it wasn't FREE.
Bonnie didn't realize she had to wait in the line.

I really don't understand why you're so suspicious of the Disneyland vlogs. We go there quite often, and in the parks if you want to eat in a restaurant you almost always have to make a reservation ahead of time, and you usually still wait for an open table. The character dining in particular (which is what they had at Ariel's Grotto) has been a fair wait every time we've gone.

Of all the Disney vlogs I've seen lately, Bonnie's is the one that I've thought was the most like the genuine experience. Emily has done an excellent job of managing everything, and I get the impression she is waiting and saving spots with Henry a lot of the time, so they can run back to the hotel, or do more rides and still get prime parade seating. I definitely see an extremely well planned Disney vacation when I watch the vlogs, but I don't see where they are getting any better service or experience than anyone else would.
I think it's a bit ridiculous to argue that Bonnie wouldn't pay to eat in a restaurant when she's on vacation. We've just seen a month of that. If she doesn't eat in a restaurant, then the only other options in park are french fries, hot dogs and food court quality food.

Disneyland may not be for everyone, and some may not see the magic in it, but what we've seen in Bonnie's vlogs so far sums the experience up fairly well.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Wait. What? This doesn't even make sense. Special treatment would be reserved seating with no waiting, wouldn't it?

With 5 hungry kids, where was she supposed to go if she didn't wait in line? I would rather wait than haul 5 tired and hungry kids all around the park looking for a kiosk to eat at. One of the best things I learned before Disneyland was to make lunch or dinner reservations because otherwise it's impossible to find a good sit-down place to eat (without walking a mile).

I'm so confused about why this seems suspicious :?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

But people here have already posted that they have a guide AND a nanny! Yep, just like everyone else at Disney.... #FREESPONSOREDTRIP
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Bonnie said the trip was sponsored. IMO it's likely that her brothers family is there for free too. I would imagine the sponsorship includes some meals and park costs, airfair, hotel stay. I do think they may have paid for the princess thing themselves though since Emily booked it.

I don't understand why Bonnie thinks she can just stroll past all the lines and show up JUST as their appointment should start. It's kind of ignorant of her to think she doesn't need to be on time, if not a bit early. Shea not the only one there in a sponsorship I'm sure.

These Disney vlogs are pretty boring.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sorry. I'm being a bit harsh on them, but I'm soooooooo over exploiting kids in obvious brand deal ads to earn an income for their parents. It makes me SICK! Kids should be in school and be kids...not WORKING in YT videos for views and subs and money they probably won't see a dime of. Plus, what happens to all of them when YT is over??
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

That's what I wonder too. It's not likely YouTube will last through bostons childhood. And yes, Bonnie is making bank and I'm sure there is some savings but not enough to continue this lifestyle on when the sponsorships and YouTube money runs dry.
And not only the huge shock it's going to be on kids who literally know nothing else, but what about when they're adults and have to get a job other then recording and editing a few hours a day? They have NO idea what the real world is like, they have no idea the value of hard work.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Kidses Family Vacation (Part 10)

According to the description, the character dining is free for anyone that purchases a pass from Parksavers. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... df1995.png[/img]

Also, apparently the boys were "nights" Image

Bonnie and Joel will be fine post-YT. I assume their house and debts are paid off. Their lifestyle is relatively the same as it was before, just with less bills. The worst that would happen is they wouldn't be able to travel, and in that case the kids would only benefit. I think they are in a better position than most YTers.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”