DailyOutOfTouchWithReality Part 87

xkatka
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyOutOfTouchWithReality Part 87

Unread post by xkatka »

springsahm wrote:Can I just ask--why are kids watching YouTube? I can see the kids old enough to seek it out but why are the little little ones watching YouTube as tv? Can't one just put on Sesame Street like in the good old days or something from Netflix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something from netflix? Isnt it(netflix) sort of same thing like youtube?

I dont know how about other kids but my toddlers enjoy the adverts for toys on the tv most anyway so of course they perefer to watch toy reviews on YouTube more than some 'boring' cartoons lol
also in general (my kids dont have tablets)when they watching on tablet they can change the video once they get bored of it ;-)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

springsahm wrote:Can I just ask--why are kids watching YouTube? I can see the kids old enough to seek it out but why are the little little ones watching YouTube as tv? Can't one just put on Sesame Street like in the good old days or something from Netflix?

I kinda wonder that myself, with the little ones. People say their three year olds love Ollie. How do three year olds know about YouTube? Older kids, I get.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

lmmomSD wrote:

I kinda wonder that myself, with the little ones. People say their three year olds love Ollie. How do three year olds know about YouTube? Older kids, I get.

My daughter started watching YouTube because it's an easy way for her to access some French shows/music that she likes. Of course, she's seen those surprise egg videos in the suggested videos and we've watched a few. I'm always with her when she watches though, so she hasn't seen The Lumps or anything! I could see if they have an older sibling or if the parents watch it though.
springsahm
Talker
Talker

Unread post by springsahm »

amyfalafal wrote:
thenightowl wrote:
MamaJoAnna wrote:I just realized this year that Gabriel (their stillborn son before Oliver) would be 5 years old this year. I hope they do something to remember him by but...what are the odds?
Missy will make another video and "lose" the footage or it won't upload for some reason. (aka: she won't make a video)
This is why I started watching them when they had 300 subs. Very similar situation at the same time and I was looking for guidance/hope on youtube and stumbled upon Missy's 3 part story about Gabriel. As someone who lost their first baby too, I'd appreciate a video of this. It'll be 5 years for my son soon, too. But maybe they wont because it's a "sad" topic and their viewers are young and would be disturbed. I am hopeful that she'll do a video, but realistically I doubt it.
I don't think they can afford to do it on their daily channel. Maybe on Missy's channel. See Heidi Kim lost her first baby Adelaide who was stillborn and she makes quality parenting content (but low budget with none of the fanfare of DB). Anyway after YT changed its content rules she received an email basically saying she wouldn't be able to profit from her videos bc they are not "advertiser friendly" meaning that her stillbirth video, which is her most popular, is a bummer topic and advertisers don't want to be associated with it. Given the current plight of YT creators (and the recent Playlist confirmed that YT considers DB small-time), it seems unlikely that they would risk being able to monetize heir content by creating bummer content.

Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

xkatka wrote:

I dont know how about other kids but my toddlers enjoy the adverts for toys on the tv most anyway so of course they perefer to watch toy reviews on YouTube more than some 'boring' cartoons lol
also in general (my kids dont have tablets)when they watching on tablet they can change the video once they get bored of it ;-)

Netflix has a kids only section.
msrubeus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msrubeus »

springsahm wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:
thenightowl wrote: Missy will make another video and "lose" the footage or it won't upload for some reason. (aka: she won't make a video)
This is why I started watching them when they had 300 subs. Very similar situation at the same time and I was looking for guidance/hope on youtube and stumbled upon Missy's 3 part story about Gabriel. As someone who lost their first baby too, I'd appreciate a video of this. It'll be 5 years for my son soon, too. But maybe they wont because it's a "sad" topic and their viewers are young and would be disturbed. I am hopeful that she'll do a video, but realistically I doubt it.
I don't think they can afford to do it on their daily channel. Maybe on Missy's channel. See Heidi Kim lost her first baby Adelaide who was stillborn and she makes quality parenting content (but low budget with none of the fanfare of DB). Anyway after YT changed its content rules she received an email basically saying she wouldn't be able to profit from her videos bc they are not "advertiser friendly" meaning that her stillbirth video, which is her most popular, is a bummer topic and advertisers don't want to be associated with it. Given the current plight of YT creators (and the recent Playlist confirmed that YT considers DB small-time), it seems unlikely that they would risk being able to monetize heir content by creating bummer content.

Yeah but it would be one video that they wouldn't be able to monetize. It's not like it would demonetize the entire channel.

I think the only way they would do a video on it is if they really felt emotionally compelled to do so.

After that amount of time I think I would also just mourn and acknowledge the day in private, but it's whatever they want to do and I'm going to cut them some slack on this one.

A friend of mine posted something on FB on what would have been her baby's 6th birthday, her baby died when she was a few months old. She had relatives giving her crap about how she shouldn't post anything publicly because it made them sad. This is one of those things where you can't please everyone and they should do what feels right to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Just as long as we don't get another lecture from Bryan about how his wife feels about things, I'm fine if they do or don't bring it up. Let Missy speak for herself, and if she doesn't want to do it on camera then just speak for yourself, Bryan. I cannot take anything that comes out of his mouth as genuine, so when he speaks for her, it rubs me the wrong way.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

twomommies wrote:
alyssadt wrote:I know some people get really offended when others comment on a child's looks but I have to say it...

Ollie is such a strange looking kid to me.

He looks like a stereotypical bratty kid who probably kicks, screams, and bites when he doesn't get his way.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

His eyes and flat affect creep me out

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

The way they handle their losses (at least publicly) is kinda weird, I don't know what to make of it. I can understand not wishing to dwell on the past, and what could've been, but also very strange that they completely ignore their first two children on the platform they used to gain their following, on the very subject of their loss.

If they take a moment privately to remember their sons on special occasions, and don't want to film it - that's fine and I respect that. But to not even make mention? Straight up bizarre.

And if they don't make any acknowledgment even in private - it's ok Baby Boy and Gabriel, we remember you.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

actuallydear wrote:The way they handle their losses (at least publicly) is kinda weird, I don't know what to make of it. I can understand not wishing to dwell on the past, and what could've been, but also very strange that they completely ignore their first two children on the platform they used to gain their following, on the very subject of their loss.

If they take a moment privately to remember their sons on special occasions, and don't want to film it - that's fine and I respect that. But to not even make mention? Straight up bizarre.

And if they don't make any acknowledgment even in private - it's ok Baby Boy and Gabriel, we remember you.
I think it's all about keeping it kid friendly. The kids aren't going to watch or be interested in a video about loss, and they clearly don't care about the very small adult following they still have. If its not going to bring in the kid views then they aren't going to do it. they have to stay relevant with the minors and losses are not the way to do that. It's all about the $$$$$$$$... I do hope that they do something privately though.. and you are right,if they don't we will sweet angel babies... :love2:
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Playsinrain wrote:
actuallydear wrote:The way they handle their losses (at least publicly) is kinda weird, I don't know what to make of it. I can understand not wishing to dwell on the past, and what could've been, but also very strange that they completely ignore their first two children on the platform they used to gain their following, on the very subject of their loss.

I think it's all about keeping it kid friendly. The kids aren't going to watch or be interested in a video about loss, and they clearly don't care about the very small adult following they still have. If its not going to bring in the kid views then they aren't going to do it. they have to stay relevant with the minors and losses are not the way to do that. It's all about the $$$$$$$$... I do hope that they do something privately though.. and you are right,if they don't we will sweet angel babies... :love2:
That's what I thought they did though, but Bryan came out and said they're "over it". He could've kept quiet, or said "we remembered in private". But he didn't.

The vlog doesn't have to be full of talk about the babies they lost, but I think it's horrible for them to not even mention their first children. It's just like they never existed. And that's why they seem so fake and forced now, because whenever there is media they're all too happy to mention their losses.

How hard is it to even put up some text dedicating the vlog to Gabriel on his birthday? Then they don't even have to mention it. I dunno. It's just weird.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wow that huge ass suite for just the two of them. The title of this thread is so true, they are so out of touch with reality. Spending money like farts in the wind...
"we have boys so we dont really have to worry about that.." talking about the bunchums getting stuck in hair.. ummm last time i saw Ollie his hair was very much long enough to get those stuck in. All those toys to play with, seems like the boys would have had more fun at this than at playlist (although if they are sitting though panels all day i totally get them leaving them at home). I bet they come back with tons and tons of new toys for Ollie!!! annnnnd nothing for Finn.
Why does everything have to be bad guys and good guys with Ollie.. mostly bad guys.. It makes me sad.
Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

"We're a hatchimal family" umm no you're not Bryan. We haven't seen the kids play with those since the last one they opened. Bryan only refers to Ollie when he's picking out the toy at the spin master table. Guess he forgot conveniently forgot they have two kids.

I wonder how they would survive without mimi and Papa because without them they either wouldn't have had footage of the kids for the vlog or had to take them with them. Oh the horror, lol.
xkatka
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xkatka »

Coolowl wrote:
xkatka wrote:

Yeah kids section that goes up to teen movies... and you can restrict youtube as well and some family vlogers and especially toy reviews vids will appear there as well.. what i meant is 'good old telly or netflix' moved now to 'good old netflix or YT' (my mum thinks netflix is as bad as we think youtube is for our kids) ;-)

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

xkatka wrote:
Coolowl wrote:
xkatka wrote: Something from netflix? Isnt it(netflix) sort of same thing like youtube?

Yeah kids section that goes up to teen movies... and you can restrict youtube as well and some family vlogers and especially toy reviews vids will appear there as well.. what i meant is 'good old telly or netflix' moved now to 'good old netflix or YT' (my mum thinks netflix is as bad as we think youtube is for our kids) ;-)

I like netflix and both my kids have accounts but i do monitor what they watch... but i will say netflix is currently on my shit list for this whole 13 reasons why bullshit. My middle schooler has not and will not be watching it, but it has caused some huge HUGE problems in our school. Like major shit going down bc so many of the kids her age have watched it and think certain things are cool to do now, which in turn sends my kid (and several others) into panic attacks, while at school. Why on earth any parent thinks that show would be ok for an 11 -12 year old to watch is beyond me. Monitor your kids people... Sorry, off topic but i had to rant..
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

^^^ I tried to watch 13 Reasons Why and hated it. I think it's definitely pandering to middle/high school kids and I think it's on the parents to monitor it or not.
Netflix came out with a "hit" show that everyone is raving about. You can't really be mad at them for it. (:

And on the topic of their losses: I don't think they need to bring it up to their audience anymore since their audience are young children, and they know it.
It's not something kids are interested in nor would they really understand it. I think B&M are deplorable humans, but we don't know if they privately mourn their children or not. We've already made it clear they only film maybe an hour of their day anymore, so who knows if they're talking about their losses on their own time.
But I agree their channel was built on those losses and it's just gross where they've come because of it.

hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hotcoffee »

I have started watching again and saw todays video, they are trying to grow their brand. But into what? I don't deny they have found amazing success doing what they are doing but I just don't see them going anywhere else, they seem to be at their peak to me and growing tired of doing the daily vlogs.
I don't care about your life
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cats-or-die wrote:^^^ I tried to watch 13 Reasons Why and hated it. I think it's definitely pandering to middle/high school kids and I think it's on the parents to monitor it or not.
Netflix came out with a "hit" show that everyone is raving about. You can't really be mad at them for it. (:

And on the topic of their losses: I don't think they need to bring it up to their audience anymore since their audience are young children, and they know it.
It's not something kids are interested in nor would they really understand it. I think B&M are deplorable humans, but we don't know if they privately mourn their children or not. We've already made it clear they only film maybe an hour of their day anymore, so who knows if they're talking about their losses on their own time.
But I agree their channel was built on those losses and it's just gross where they've come because of it.

I agree mostly with this, but what I find distasteful is the way they are happy to tote those losses out and be all mournful when People magazine or any other press come around, but when there's no gain from them, "We've moved on", or it's utter silence. That's my issue with it. If they want to mourn in private, that's fine. Just don't bring them up whenever there's a chance to benefit from them.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PS-- good to see you, Cats-or-die!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

DailyOutOfTouchWithReality Part 87

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
cats-or-die wrote:^^^ I tried to watch 13 Reasons Why and hated it. I think it's definitely pandering to middle/high school kids and I think it's on the parents to monitor it or not.

I agree mostly with this, but what I find distasteful is the way they are happy to tote those losses out and be all mournful when People magazine or any other press come around, but when there's no gain from them, "We've moved on", or it's utter silence. That's my issue with it. If they want to mourn in private, that's fine. Just don't bring them up whenever there's a chance to benefit from them.

I agree. Plus they didn't seem to be mourning in private the time E&J stayed with them and Jared and Missy were tweeting about how Labour Day (aka Gabriel's birthday) was a great day to have a baby Image

Return to “Daily Bumps”