YTMD Pet Peeves

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by smom12 »

I have a pet peeve.... when people start getting personal on threads. It's a damn moodkiller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

The 'PC' police.
ClitoricTease
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ClitoricTease »

smom12 wrote:I have a pet peeve.... when people start getting personal on threads. It's a damn moodkiller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

When a youtuber starts renting a house and then everyone just has to comment how much rent is in their city, state or country.

Every damn time :')
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

The posters that use the term "side eye" in almost every one of their posts.

It semi-rationally annoys me. I'd never even heard or seen anyone use that term until I visited these forums.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

sadie wrote:When a youtuber starts renting a house and then everyone just has to comment how much rent is in their city, state or country.

Every damn time :')
This! Is it really surprising to people that renting a townhouse in rural South Carolina is less expensive than renting a one-bedroom apartment in New York City?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

LydiaE wrote:The posters that use the term "side eye" in almost every one of their posts.

It semi-rationally annoys me. I'd never even heard or seen anyone use that term until I visited these forums.
It's in the dictionary and literally an Emoji. I'm surprised you haven't heard it before coming here.
laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

My pet peeve lately has been those certain few who confuse this site with a fan site. They seem to take offense at everything and get bent out of shape if called on it. I don't get why they come to the threads that bother them so much when all it does it set them off? Gossip & snark are a hell of a lot different than a fan site that discusses pleasantries. Some of these people are so far up these vloggers asses we need Fleet STAT! :lol:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

laughsatytfame wrote:My pet peeve lately has been those certain few who confuse this site with a fan site. They seem to take offense at everything and get bent out of shape if called on it. I don't get why they come to the threads that bother them so much when all it does it set them off? Gossip & snark are a hell of a lot different than a fan site that discusses pleasantries. Some of these people are so far up these vloggers asses we need Fleet STAT! :lol:
Someone should set up a Colon Valeting Service for YouTube Fangirls, there appears to be a niche (pardon the pun) for it.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

whenever a youtuber posts a video with an attention grabbing thumbnail/title, but people cry that it's clickbait. many youtubers rely on views to make money, so of course they're going to use thumbnails and titles that get people watching. if they didn't, that would be a poor business decision.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

actuallydear wrote:whenever a youtuber posts a video with an attention grabbing thumbnail/title, but people cry that it's clickbait. many youtubers rely on views to make money, so of course they're going to use thumbnails and titles that get people watching. if they didn't, that would be a poor business decision.
I agree, although when people start posting positive ovulation titles, I think it's towing the line between smart and desperate.

But hey, whatever works Image
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:whenever a youtuber posts a video with an attention grabbing thumbnail/title, but people cry that it's clickbait. many youtubers rely on views to make money, so of course they're going to use thumbnails and titles that get people watching. if they didn't, that would be a poor business decision.
I agree, although when people start posting positive ovulation titles, I think it's towing the line between smart and desperate.

But hey, whatever works Image
Haha, agreed! If Ellie wants to do that shit, she should take it to her channel.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

THIS, 100%. Also, people who confuse the word "clickbait." LOL.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

MamaJoAnna wrote:
THIS, 100%. Also, people who confuse the word "clickbait." LOL.
Ikr. ''It's not clickbait if it actually happened in the video'' is the usual fans comeback.

Cullen and Katie's latest vlog ''Shocking PREGNANCY TEST!''
1) There was nothing shocking about the test.
2) Katie took it. It was negative. Shocking, not.
3) Cullen was shocked (the pregnancy test was not) that she essentially tried to prank him on camera by handing him a pregnancy (negative) test out of the blue. It was more a prank for the viewers than anything else imo.

So yeah, ''Shocking PREGNANCY TEST Reaction!'' is more accurate, it's still clickbait, but it has all the elements of what actually happened in the vlog:
A pregnancy test was taken.
There was a reaction.
The reaction was 'shocking.'

Apologies for the semantic rant, sort of. 8-)
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Once again, people who personalize things that are said about a vlogger. Unless you are that vlogger undercover, we're not talking about you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
orangeblossom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by orangeblossom »

They do that as an excuse to talk about themselves. I agree tho, unless you're the the youtuber being discussed it's not really productive and it just ends up turning the thread into story time.
"You gave birth to a baby, not a PhD."
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't mind personal stories. I'm guilty of sharing personal stuff myself. But when people get huffy about things that don't have anything to do with them, I don't get it.

Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

lmmomSD wrote:Once again, people who personalize things that are said about a vlogger. Unless you are that vlogger undercover, we're not talking about you.

It's a strange phenomenon that people take things personally.

The other annoying thing is when someone doesn't like something said about their favorite youtuber, so they immediately bring up bad behavior from some other vlogger as a diversion. It's so weird like they're defending their bff!
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Parkerwar wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Once again, people who personalize things that are said about a vlogger. Unless you are that vlogger undercover, we're not talking about you.

The other annoying thing is when someone doesn't like something said about their favorite youtuber, so they immediately bring up bad behavior from some other vlogger as a diversion. It's so weird like they're defending their bff!
I'm sorry, but is anyone really immune to this? Sure it doesn't bother you if something is saying something critical about a vlogger you don't like, but it's hard not to get offended and defensive about remarks that are pretty ridiculous and just a difference of opinion.

Like if someone generalizes that stay at home moms are spoiled and the husbands are overworked.

Or that kids should ALWAYS wear a certain style of clothing.

Or a kids room should be a certain colour.

Or all kids are delayed if the aren't doing x,y,z by a certain age.

Sure it's all gossip, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't expect a difference of opinion. It also doesn't mean the person is "taking it personal" just because they challenge your opinion.

MOST PEOPLE are able to have a discussion/be challenged on these boards without getting all pissy about it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

menehune wrote:
Parkerwar wrote:

I'm sorry, but is anyone really immune to this? Sure it doesn't bother you if something is saying something critical about a vlogger you don't like, but it's hard not to get offended and defensive about remarks that are pretty ridiculous and just a difference of opinion.

Like if someone generalizes that stay at home moms are spoiled and the husbands are overworked.

Or that kids should ALWAYS wear a certain style of clothing.

Or a kids room should be a certain colour.

Or all kids are delayed if the aren't doing x,y,z by a certain age.

Sure it's all gossip, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't expect a difference of opinion. It also doesn't mean the person is "taking it personal" just because they challenge your opinion.

MOST PEOPLE are able to have a discussion/be challenged on these boards without getting all pissy about it.
Oh, I don't have a problem with disagreement. I like a lively discussion, and I welcome other opinions. But when people start generalizing to be point that they think that things we say about vloggers in particular apply to the population as a whole and especially to them, it gets weird. To use a recent example, on the C&K thread, people were discussing their complaining. If you don't think they're complaining, that's fine. But people got butthurt and started saying things like "so only people who work outside the home are allowed to have opinions" "SAHP don't count". When _nobody_ said that, and we were talking about Cullen and Katie, not the people in question. Nobody said that they were complaining, or that their opinions don't matter. Nobody even said C&K's opinions don't matter. And it went on for a few pages. Instead of discussing Cullen and Katie, it turned into people who work outside the home vs SAHP. This is a discussion forum. I welcome discussion. But personalizing things and getting snarky with each other? Nah. You even told me once that something I said about Hawaii insulted you, but you did it respectfully. And I apologized. Because you made a good point. Others here are very good at disagreeing without getting personal. That's all I'm.saying.

Return to “Boxing Ring”