Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's, stepmothers, mom's to be, those who are longing to be mom's, pet mom's... everyone who considers themselves a mother, I hope you have a wonderful relaxing day! :love:
You too! I know we disagree sometimes, but I hope you know it's nothing personal!
Hope all the moms, expectant moms, fur baby moms, and TTC moms have a wonderful day!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
No way do I take it personally!!! Gossip is gossip and that's as far as I take it! :) hope your day is wonderful!!!
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I don't mean to interrupt this conversation , but does anyone have any thread title suggestions? It appears to be that time.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Theirmom wrote:Okay, just so we're clear: E&J constant fake positivity= bad.
B&M constant whining = bad.
C&K balance of positivity and venting about real frustrations, while acknowledging blessings and expressing gratitude ALSO = bad

So, SAHP should shut their mouths because only working people's opinions on life count.

Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is exactly how I feel when I read some comments on here.
My husband and I both work 40 hour work weeks, own our own business, so the work doesn't stop when we get home and sometimes work goes until 2 or 3 am. But I still understand c&k's stress and venting. Just Bc MY stress about home life is different from their stress, it doesn't make THEIR stress any less real and frustrating for them.
They do a very good job of being thankful for all the help they get. They gushed all over Grandberry for a date night, when was the last time we heard b&m even thank Mimi and poppa for watching the kids 90% of every day?? C&K normally cook dinner for GB when she comes over to baby sit for them. They are very gracious, thankful children to their parents and siblings.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I don't mean to interrupt this conversation Image, but does anyone have any thread title suggestions? It appears to be that time.
CULLENANDKATIE:SAHM &D AND STILL NEED HELP

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

C&K balance of positivity and venting about real frustrations, while acknowledging blessings and expressing gratitude ALSO = bad

So, SAHP should shut their mouths because only working people's opinions on life count.

Got it.

Never ever said SAHP opinions don't matter. Never. If you think I said that, please go back and reread my posts. I have done both. I've been a SAHM, and a working mom. Both are hard. Both have issues. And you never feel like you're doing enough. But when vloggers who have both parents at home AND tons of family help complain about how hard they have it, when their "job" consists of filming their day, spending an hour or two editing, and uploading, then cashing an Adsense check, yes, it gets my hackles up a little.
And once again, it wasn't just them complaining about being frustrated that got to me. It was the juxtaposing of "oh, it's so nice not to have anyone over" when the people coming over were helpful, and "oh, we can't get anything done".
I'm done. Not going to convince anyone, obviously. Just had to clarify though-- I never ever ever said that SAHP's opinions don't matter, or that they are unimportant. I am talking about Cullen and Katie and other vloggers, specifically. Not "normal" people. I think we can all agree that vloggers have a pretty unique situation. So no, I am not talking about you.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

I'm a SAHM. My husband works 7 days a week. My 3.5 is with me 24/7, when we moved I managed to get almost our entire house unpacked and put together within a few weeks. Without family help mind you.

Sorry but they have no reason to complain as much as they do. I understand them being tired and exhausted and even frustrated. But like immomsd said, they basically complained about having people over and made it seem like that was SUCH an inconvenience. Those people have been over helping them. If they didn't want that then maybe they shouldn't have moved a few houses down from their family.

I think Cullen and Katie, just like every other blogger, are lazy in general. There "job" is so simple and easy. That's why they chose it.

pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

They don't complain all that much imo ... having kids who are constantly demanding attention and needing to be fed is exhausting especially if you are home all the time with them.

Of course they appreciate all the help they've been getting, but it does get stressful not having alone family time but always having people in and out of your house on a daily basis, you can see in that vlog a day or two ago where its already late evening and they are practically pushing jay out of the house but he just keeps on lingering.... that can get very stressful and it all adds up. What bugs me is when vloggers are happy 24/7 like they're living in some fantasy world and are never stressed tired or frustrated.
galifreyancatlady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by galifreyancatlady »

Cullen and Katie: 5 Years Later

galifreyancatlady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by galifreyancatlady »

Cullen and Katie: and the House on the Golf Course

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I definitely think they are lazy about getting things around the house done - heck, they even said they slacked off about things in the OLD house. They do send Gaines to school a few days a week and have A LOT of family help. I really believe they slack off most of the day, then sick on the couch after the kids go to bed. Otherwise, it really shouldn't take this long to unpack all the boxes. They also had Kelly, Jay, the cousins and the grandparents helping them move most of everything.

They are just lazy!
aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

C&K: Lay-at-Home Parents
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Scar2016 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Totally OT, but I was watching some old vlogs, and noticed that Katie used to have SO many of the same mannerisms that Kelly has. Like, they used to talk in exactly the same way. Katie doesn't talk like that anymore though. I wonder if she received criticism that made her change or if she saw footage of herself that she didn't like that made her change or what? Has anyone noticed this at any point?
Yes, very much so. Even down to the nasally voice that seems to have softened in Katie but holy moly Kelly sure makes up for the two of them still. :?

Did anyone get the impression Katie seemed off at the restaurant on date night? Maybe she was just tired or perhaps she hadn't wanted Cullen to pull out the camera which would be totally understandable.
I thought that too. She's been busy
.. she needs to take time to be Katie and not Mom.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

C&K Complain All Day
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Playsinrain wrote:

Got it.

This is exactly how I feel when I read some comments on here.
My husband and I both work 40 hour work weeks, own our own business, so the work doesn't stop when we get home and sometimes work goes until 2 or 3 am. But I still understand c&k's stress and venting. Just Bc MY stress about home life is different from their stress, it doesn't make THEIR stress any less real and frustrating for them.

This exactly. I think its ridiculous to give them standards of what they have to accomplish just because they're both at home. Do all you SAHM have perfectly clean and organised homes at all times? I see some of you have done all the moving and unpacking by yourselves, congrats, but that is YOU guys, not all SAHM/SAHP.
Its not a competition. And as stay at home parents you (general) should know to not judge others because of your own standards. Maybe you're good at unpacking. Katie is amazing at educating Gaines. The girl is brilliant. Its not a competition.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

Obviously the next thread should be titled- C&K Damned if you do, Damned if you don't

Because no matter what they do, they are doing it wrong. Taking your kids outside for some sunshine and fresh air for that daily dose of vitamin D? you're giving them too much attention. Don't have every box unpacked within 2 weeks? you're lazy. Smile and use a fake voice all the time? you're not geniune. Mention for a second that you are stressed and tired? you bitch and complain non-stop all day every day. These people just can't get anything right.
sunshine lollipops2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sunshine lollipops2 »

Someone a few pages was talking about how Katie said that Cullen only showed her emotio in the vlog. I do remember when they did the live stream when she found the old pregnancy tests and they went back and looked at the security footage in the kitchen of them hugging it was here when Katie said that Cullen never hugs or shows any emotion towards her and that why she was embraced it, the fact he acknowledged her pain

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's been more than a second that they've complained. And I guess we should just.turn this into the comments section and kiss their butts and never say when things bother us.
It's fine to disagree. But all this sarcasm directed at posters is getting ridiculous. So you disagree. Whatever. But nobody is attacking you or your lifestyle unless you're secretly Cullen or Katie. If you love them, that's fine too. No need to slam those of us who don't think they're God's gift. We're just expressing our opinions.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Anyone keep up with Jessica? She posted a pic on snapchat that revealed she makes about 7.5k a month on youtube. She doesn't daily vlog but has around 100k average views and 448k subs. 7.5k is slightly under half of her socialblade estimate. If that's the standard across the board then they're making somewhere in the ballpark of 7k a month just from youtube ad revenue. Then remember that they pay out their network so it's even less than that, but add sponsorship revenue. Still, the numbers just don't add up.
That's interesting, thanks for sharing! I see that their daily average right now is at 143,754 views per day. Based on those numbers I'm guessing they're making around $8.5K-$9K monthly. So a monthly house payment of around $3,200 is fairly doable. It's not too far off. Since it's YouTube, I would have gone with a less expensive house that they could have paid off quickly. It's too unpredictable. But I can see based on those numbers how they could be affording this house, but I do think it's still a stretch.

I think people roll their eyes at the complaining because many adults move with small kids, no significant help, and full-time jobs outside the home. And most aren't moving into $640,000 homes. We moved in January and I still try to remind myself to be grateful and appreciative of everything we have and not to sweat the small stuff. At two weeks I was definitely still in the honeymoon phase of, "I can't believe this is our home! I can't believe I live here!" Sure, I got bent out of shape over a few home owner things like renovations and things breaking, but I never wanted to take any of it for granted. If they're stressed and feeling negative, that's unfortunate because it's such an exciting milestone. It makes me wonder if it's financial stress because they're realizing how much more expensive this home will be for them. Part of the reason I wasn't stressing was we went well below our budget and had funds set aside for all the renovations we wanted to do.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

When Cullen was taking about having people in the house at all times I took that as the painters, movers, etc, not family. They seem to enjoy and appreciate family. I could be wrong though!
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

freshbalsam wrote:I think their biggest problem is that their mindset seems to be if their kids are awake, they HAVE to stop everything they're doing and entertain them.

I'm incredibly guilty of this too... especially with a separation anxiety-induced child.

Yes, we know this is a gossip site and everyone is allowed their opinions to nitpick whatever they hell they want but as someone mentioned before, what they heck do you want from C&K? No one is perfect. Honestly, if all their vlogs were so happy-go-lucky all.the.freaking.time it would be unrealistic and would think something is going on behind the scenes if they only showed the perfect, joyous, goal reaching, accomplishing moments of their life. Everyone has different levels and views of stress in their lives.

ImmomSD; They may not play sponsored app games by choice, but still mentioning it as it could interest the viewers.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡

Return to “Cullen and Katie”