Chloe & Beans/Chloe, Rohie & Beans

mumoftwokiddos
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chloe & Beans/Chloe, Rohie & Beans

Unread post by mumoftwokiddos »

mumoftwokiddos wrote:I dont think chloe is truely devoted to her children's education. You see none of her time invested in learning materials, activites ect. If she looked hard enough online she would find so many ideas and resources, and i would guarantee that her kids would love her for it! When my kid was in kindy i loved staying up and making things to help support him to learn what was being taught at home - it was never forced either and i always took his lead. Now he is an incredibly smart kid who has learnt so so many skills and knowledge! I just dont ever see any enthusiasm for their education! And taking your kids to an educational shop does not count!! Go buy some coloured paper, laminator! With that your options are limitless!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Taught at school not home! Haha

Thatsriiiiight
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Thatsriiiiight »

I agree! Did you see the vlog of the first time she got them art supplies. It was only a few weeks ago which is so late to be starting. Poor kids didn't know what to do. They spent more time organising them than actually creating. Otto freaked out when Felix made a mess too. She has really stunted their development in terms of creativity. At school they would be challenged and stimulated, that could be done at home by the right person but from what we've seen she isn't the right one. She's still busy working on herself. No time for those kids.
tigerlily
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tigerlily »

You're so right. They never appear to be having fun with their learning. They sigh their way through the pop quizzes she makes them do. I'm certainly no expert on this, but none of it appears to be play based either. Isn't that the whole reason she chose to home school? I don't watch many of their vlogs but I have never seen them play with play doh, finger paints, or make any crafts. They've never helped to bake anything or role played or any of the other fun stuff they do in main stream schools at their age.

I'm making a bet now that they will do these things in the next few vlogs lol
Peachespeonies
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Peachespeonies »

I have a friend who is homeschooling her 4 year old only boy. She has her own journal page for it. I must say chloe's kids nowhere near his progress. But my friend she puts so much effort on homeschooling. I don't think I can do it. Need to be persistent. Everyday. Not one day a week or less. He can not only say the alphabets or numbers, he has basic skills on art, sewing, carpentary, cooking and gardening. Just recently they built their own toy car garage. Very impressive. Anyway homeschooling done right is good. But chloe has no idea what she is doing.
Peachespeonies
Informer
Informer

tigerlily wrote:You're so right. They never appear to be having fun with their learning. They sigh their way through the pop quizzes she makes them do. I'm certainly no expert on this, but none of it appears to be play based either. Isn't that the whole reason she chose to home school? I don't watch many of their vlogs but I have never seen them play with play doh, finger paints, or make any crafts. They've never helped to bake anything or role played or any of the other fun stuff they do in main stream schools at their age.

Peachespeonies
Informer
Informer

tigerlily wrote:You're so right. They never appear to be having fun with their learning. They sigh their way through the pop quizzes she makes them do. I'm certainly no expert on this, but none of it appears to be play based either. Isn't that the whole reason she chose to home school? I don't watch many of their vlogs but I have never seen them play with play doh, finger paints, or make any crafts. They've never helped to bake anything or role played or any of the other fun stuff they do in main stream schools at their age.

Oh yea. She was hinting on gardening earlier in the vlog. Came from here for sure.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

I can't get over how they're disgusting people.
Pearl's sheets were a nightmare. How can a 22months old have her sheets so dirty? you need to keep them without changing them a looong time before it can look this way. On Ro's ig there's a video where he puts a whole plate of brocoli on the floor and the triplets come to eat it, pieces of broccoli fall on the floor and they eat them anyway. In one of their videos they were about to eat in their garden and the kids were standing on the little table they have here, then they tell them to sit properly and put the plate on the table without cleaning if before. And I litteraly saw one of the triplets eating something in a park, a part of what he was eating fell on the concrete and on his feets and he ate it and Chloe was filming it and was totally okay with that. Lazy parenting.
I'm not about over cleaning stuff but at least teach your kids to not stand on the table and to not eat something who just fell on the concrete where God knows what happened.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

daisy1000 wrote:Honestly and truly, it's because there are 6 kids and they seem to struggle with getting them out of the house. When they do get their kids out of the house, they go to the park which is ALWAYS EMPTY. Even if she doesn't show other kids, you don't hear or see movement from anyone but her kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The triplets' bed time is 6 so they can't stay outside in the late afternoon, and I'm sure they couldn't watch the 6 kids if the park was full of children playing, that's why they go to the park when other kids are at school. I saw more than once the kids being sun burnt, I'm sure they go to the parks somewhere between 1pm and 4pm which is litteraly the worst time you can choose to put your kids under the sun. They live in Australia, the kids are blonde and gingers so they probably have a very sensitive skin, and they can't understand that there is a time of the day (especially in summer) when the sun is very high in the sky and can burn skin and it's anyway too hot to have kids playing in a park without hats. They're clueless.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

Thatsriiiiight wrote:I agree! Did you see the vlog of the first time she got them art supplies. It was only a few weeks ago which is so late to be starting. Poor kids didn't know what to do. They spent more time organising them than actually creating. Otto freaked out when Felix made a mess too. She has really stunted their development in terms of creativity. At school they would be challenged and stimulated, that could be done at home by the right person but from what we've seen she isn't the right one. She's still busy working on herself. No time for those kids.
Yes I agree! And I don't understand the point of the Japanese lessons. Are there a lot of Japanese people in Australia like there are Hispanic people in America?? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a cool language and I've dabbled in it myself but I totally learned it for fun. It seems pointless and a little try hard at their age. They should invest in some art classes instead. I bet they'd love that a lot more.

And when the hell does she even homeschool? Does she just not film it or something? I do just skim through the vlogs but I still haven't seen much on the topic at all. Just the same old song and dance about numbers and alphabets. I just don't get how she plans on doing it with all 6 of them. I feel like she's always going to be doing it at the youngest ones speed, I.e. The trips. That's just not fair to the older children.

Thatsriiiiight
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Thatsriiiiight »

We're pretty close to Asia so it's kind of relevant to learn Japanese, especially considering that working in Asia is a possibility for successful Australians. It's often offered in primary schools. Mandarin is more useful but it's not the worst idea she has had. Learning a second language is good for children regardless of its applicability to their daily life. So on that count I think it's fine that they're doing Japanese. It just comes across as only for the cameras benefit.
yallstupid
Talker
Talker

Unread post by yallstupid »

mumoftwokiddos wrote:
mumoftwokiddos wrote:I dont think chloe is truely devoted to her children's education. You see none of her time invested in learning materials, activites ect. If she looked hard enough online she would find so many ideas and resources, and i would guarantee that her kids would love her for it! When my kid was in kindy i loved staying up and making things to help support him to learn what was being taught at home - it was never forced either and i always took his lead. Now he is an incredibly smart kid who has learnt so so many skills and knowledge! I just dont ever see any enthusiasm for their education! And taking your kids to an educational shop does not count!! Go buy some coloured paper, laminator! With that your options are limitless!!

Taught at school not home! Haha

She cares more about DECORATING the library/classroom then actually buying things for education. Like cool you got new pineapple lights how great Chloe. ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cloudsaucepan
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cloudsaucepan »

I used to love this vlog but had to make an account because it has jumped the shark for me. Totally agree that the kids look pallid and lifeless. Their homeschooling regime is so flimsy and unresearched, and while I wouldn't say that all homeschooling hurts kids, what Chloe and Ro are doing definitely will disadvantage those kids. I find it really stupid that they waste so much money on expensive kids clothes when they should be well aware that this gravy train isn't going to last forever - if they were smart, they would be saving. I'm also getting a tad sick of how Chloe increasingly wants to be the star of the show and is trying to show off how hilarious or quirky she is (or is not) - like when she rubbed avocados all over her face, what the hell was that?

Also, at the end of every vlog, the kids always say "byeeeeee.. *something mumbled*" - what the hell are they saying? I cannot understand them for the life of me.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I agree with this. I think she has an image in her head of the parent she wants to be but its one thing to be that on paper and another to execute it. She likes to buy wooden toys and feed them plant based foods and limit TV time, all obviously are great things but those alone dont make her an above par parent.
The same goes for the park... she thinks taking them outside everyday is above and beyond, but honestly the YT parenting bar has been set so low that to most people it does look so amazing because she takes them out of the house (think britneyandbaby, michelle pearson etc who never leave the house/complain all day etc) but in the actual real world taking your kid to the park is a pretty basic thing. Its great, I mean fresh air and excercise are definitely a win but the kids dont seem very stimulated. Same thing every day.
Chloe seems like the type of person who is so determined to "prove people wrong" that she cant see past that and I think ultimately that is what her kids will resent.
julietpreston
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by julietpreston »

Aboogabooga wrote:
Thatsriiiiight wrote:I agree! Did you see the vlog of the first time she got them art supplies. It was only a few weeks ago which is so late to be starting. Poor kids didn't know what to do. They spent more time organising them than actually creating. Otto freaked out when Felix made a mess too. She has really stunted their development in terms of creativity. At school they would be challenged and stimulated, that could be done at home by the right person but from what we've seen she isn't the right one. She's still busy working on herself. No time for those kids.
Yes I agree! And I don't understand the point of the Japanese lessons. Are there a lot of Japanese people in Australia like there are Hispanic people in America?? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a cool language and I've dabbled in it myself but I totally learned it for fun. It seems pointless and a little try hard at their age. They should invest in some art classes instead. I bet they'd love that a lot more.

And when the hell does she even homeschool? Does she just not film it or something? I do just skim through the vlogs but I still haven't seen much on the topic at all. Just the same old song and dance about numbers and alphabets. I just don't get how she plans on doing it with all 6 of them. I feel like she's always going to be doing it at the youngest ones speed, I.e. The trips. That's just not fair to the older children.

At least where I live in Aus there's about as many asian people as white people so japanese makes sense. My kids school starts introducing a new language at age 5. She mentioned soccer which would be great for them, Evan and Felix look sort of miserable and bored all the time and Evan and Otto always have bags under their eyes like they're exhausted, when all they do is go to parks and walk aimlessly around kmart.
lovesthree
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovesthree »

What is with those ugly matching suits she always dresses the trips in!

I really like their Japanese teacher. Chloe could learn a thing or 2 from her. Like how to make learning fun!
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

Thatsriiiiight wrote:We're pretty close to Asia so it's kind of relevant to learn Japanese, especially considering that working in Asia is a possibility for successful Australians. It's often offered in primary schools. Mandarin is more useful but it's not the worst idea she has had. Learning a second language is good for children regardless of its applicability to their daily life. So on that count I think it's fine that they're doing Japanese. It just comes across as only for the cameras benefit.

Oh yea that's right! You guys are close to asia lol. Totally makes sense then. It's like how widespread learning spanish is here in America. Duh lol. Carry on then

Peachespeonies
Informer
Informer

lovesthree wrote:What is with those ugly matching suits she always dresses the trips in!

I really like their Japanese teacher. Chloe could learn a thing or 2 from her. Like how to make learning fun!
They are sponsored ad. That shop sells expensive clothes. You can get them for half price elsewhere.
Natxo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Natxo »

I don't ever like saying this but my mum is a very big narcissist. I love her but the way she acts is disgusting half of the time. So Chloe please stop being selfish, obsessive and strict with the kids. My mum always did that, she complained about my looks (yes she literally compared my looks to my sister in a negative way) and only thought about herself. And guess what now I have a fucked up self esteem and absolutely no confidence in myself thanks to the way I was brought up.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

Cloudsaucepan wrote:I used to love this vlog but had to make an account because it has jumped the shark for me. Totally agree that the kids look pallid and lifeless. Their homeschooling regime is so flimsy and unresearched, and while I wouldn't say that all homeschooling hurts kids, what Chloe and Ro are doing definitely will disadvantage those kids. I find it really stupid that they waste so much money on expensive kids clothes when they should be well aware that this gravy train isn't going to last forever - if they were smart, they would be saving. I'm also getting a tad sick of how Chloe increasingly wants to be the star of the show and is trying to show off how hilarious or quirky she is (or is not) - like when she rubbed avocados all over her face, what the hell was that?

Also, at the end of every vlog, the kids always say "byeeeeee.. *something mumbled*" - what the hell are they saying? I cannot understand them for the life of me.
they say "turn it off now" but yeah their mumbling is so bad it's so hard to catch it. The day she rubbed avocados all over her face omg...I remember that. She thought she was being funny. And what about throwing a dance party in the car lol
side note it actually made me imagine how she behaved at that party in which she got drunk at 13...

I agree with someone who said the youtube parenting bar is so low that Chloe having all her kids with the same father, feeding them, clothing them and taking them to the park looks incredible for the viewers. But at the same time, almost every shitty yt parent has been smart enough to understand that yt will not last forever and people will eventually lost interet in their channel when the kids grow up and another family with cuter kids comes along so they bought a house with that money. Chloe and Ro are renting (which is ok) but don't seem to think much about the future. And they probably will have less money from their government when the kids grow up also.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

*people will eventually lose interest
I can't edit

Return to “Chloe and Beans”