spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyOutOfTouchWithReality Part 87

Unread post by spacekitty »

HelloSweetie wrote:
spacekitty wrote:Will becoming a toy channel change the attention they (B&M) receive though? They especially live for attention and recognition from other people, if they rebrand themselves it really will be all about the kids. Maybe I'm wrong and Missy won't care as long as she can continuing buying Jimmy Choo's to wear on one occasion lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would. I think this is why they are trying to do things the way they are. Switching to a toy channel won't help Bryan sell his albums, or help them raise money for the church.

I think they are trying to make more vlogs that are likely to become popular and appear more on the Kids App. You can turn the search function off, so that the only videos that pop up are the recommended ones. Toy vlogs are more likely to appeal to a wider age range.

It would be bad for business to become solely a toy channel though, because it just won't bring in the same amount of fame and adoration. They would almost become characters of themselves, and while they would be big with kids, they definitely wouldn't have that adult audience. I just discovered yesterday that my two year old love a guy named Blippi that the watches on the kids app. The guy has almost 700k subs, and I had no idea.
I didn't even think of the Kids App! But this just makes me realize that a toy channel is a dumb move because of what a dead end it will become. Ollie gets older, then what? There's not much chance of replacing him with Finn, he's not their golden boy.

I also don't see anyone who runs a toy channel going to a sponsored vacation villa, or Playlist Live..or well, anywhere for that matter lol

Coolowl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Coolowl »

Clamourcon...I thought it was going to be an event for family toy channels because mommy from the mommy and Gracie show was helping to organize it. Poor women has MS and really wore herself out helping to get that event together. I was very surprised once the "secret event" was announced that it was not solely toys but noticed how many toy sponsors were on hand. Bryan still has that channel where he would upload Ollie videos only when he was a baby. Don't be surprised if they rebrand it to a solely toy channel.
BTW you don't have to have kids to have a successful toy channel. Most are hosted by adult toy and doll collectors. Considering Bryan refuses to act like an adult unless it's his music I wouldn't be shocked if he took over a toy channel.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Coolowl wrote:Clamourcon...I thought it was going to be an event for family toy channels because mommy from the mommy and Gracie show was helping to organize it. Poor women has MS and really wore herself out helping to get that event together. I was very surprised once the "secret event" was announced that it was not solely toys but noticed how many toy sponsors were on hand. Bryan still has that channel where he would upload Ollie videos only when he was a baby. Don't be surprised if they rebrand it to a solely toy channel.
BTW you don't have to have kids to have a successful toy channel. Most are hosted by adult toy and doll collectors. Considering Bryan refuses to act like an adult unless it's his music I wouldn't be shocked if he took over a toy channel.
So true. I've watched toy videos out of boredom before (...or because I was interested in something. Like Play-Doh Plus when it came out ok LOL). It's adults using the most ANNOYING kid-friendly baby-talk voices. I'm sure Bryan could manage.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

All this toy channel wannabe stuff bores me to tears, i can't even hate watch these kinda vlogs..
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

They aren't even vlogging their day anymore. Before their vlogs were like daily day in the life's but now it's like 10 minutes of footage from the same 10 minutes of their day.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

whys0seri0us wrote:They aren't even vlogging their day anymore. Before their vlogs were like daily day in the life's but now it's like 10 minutes of footage from the same 10 minutes of their day.

It's a lot easier to hide things this way Image
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:They aren't even vlogging their day anymore. Before their vlogs were like daily day in the life's but now it's like 10 minutes of footage from the same 10 minutes of their day.

It's a lot easier to hide things this way Image
Yep. I think more and more people are seeing the light, and they are realizing it.

And lately it feels a lot like right before the "super secret surprise" move. I wonder if they're hiding something big again...

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Bryan goes on about how cold it is, but Finn isn't even wearing shoes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ladyju28 »

Lol at Bryan totally stopped promoting "us", then suddenly promote Like a Lion today in the vlog.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Finn was finely dressed up for once and both Bryan and Missy were giving him extra attention today....hmmm...I wonder if the whole "they read here" theory is true?? Missy is putting extra effort in to do baby sign language with Finn....how about putting some extra effort in to teach him to make some sounds and teach your other "toddler" Ollie to actually speak clearly!! Bryan...I'm sorry...but you are not 100% clear when it comes to health issues....so stop trying act like there are no issues with your pillsbury dough boy exterior!

I feel like Bryan has been sponsored by the weather network or something....in almost every vlog we have to hear the phrase "sunny southern California" and then the forecast of the day! Like nobody cares unless it's actually severe weather Bryan!!
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Im actually surprised Ollie doesnt have his own toy channel yet. I see "suggested videos" on the side when watching their vlog and see there are little kids with their toy channels with millions of views each. what the heck? who watches that stuff!? lol!
laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

amyfalafal wrote:Im actually surprised Ollie doesnt have his own toy channel yet. I see "suggested videos" on the side when watching their vlog and see there are little kids with their toy channels with millions of views each. what the heck? who watches that stuff!? lol!
Awhile back it looked like they were heading in that direction, but my guess at this point is that it is too much work for B+M. They have become very complacent with their channel. They put in as little effort as possible there.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I figured that's why Carl and jinger were around... To talk about a toy channel

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
beachygirly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beachygirly »

youngmommy wrote:
tintin15 wrote:Real talk. Is their channel officially becoming a kids channel? The amount of cool, trendy, fun videos aimed at kids that they're putting out is astounding now.
I was coming here to ask the same thing. It was obvious they are over the vlogs, I'm not sure why they haven't tried to rebrand under Oliver and Finn though.
But if they moved the kid content to a new channel, they would have no content for their dailybumps channel since all they do is kid stuff. Don't forget- Bryan is in fact a child.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

There channel reminds me of the shatyards one take days

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

*their

clashingpiglet
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by clashingpiglet »

Coolowl wrote:
onbreak wrote:
flowersandsunshine wrote:
Right?! If I had half the money they did I'd be feeding my kids all-organic, non-GMO diets. It amazes me how their kids' health is seemingly not a priority. I get not wanting to maybe eat the foods yourself, but for God's sake maybe feed your kids some broccoli once in a while? It'll help with pickiness too.
I'd have a garden. Even on 1/4 acres can yield a great variety. She has the "staff" to look after and it would teach these little kids something worthwhile.
Takes 3 years to get asparagus going, better get on that guys
I think a horse be next

Wonder what happened to her little garden by the chicken coop. Last they showed the herbs and strawberries had grown a lot but they never showed if they harvested the berries. They have a great lemon tree outside I am sure they don't take advantage of, and now they recently got a avocado tree that won't fruit till next year. I have a feeling they didn't keep up with the strawberries and they rotted.
I doubt their avocado tree will fruit next year, unless they've have multiples. They're really difficult to fertilize and pollinate. I've had a couple for a few years now and still haven't seen fruit. However, I do live in the Midwest and have to transplant them every winter - so perhaps it's easier in SoCal.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did they get one avocado tree or two? Usually it takes two-- a male and female. But there are avocados that don't need another tree to grow fruit.
They're definitely easier to grow in SoCal, lol. I had a customer that used to bring them to me. They had bumper crops every year. They were SO good! Made store bought ones taste like nothing.
Edit: apparently, my mama told me wrong. Just looked it up, and they have both male and female flowers. So one tree is sufficient.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

amyfalafal wrote:Im actually surprised Ollie doesnt have his own toy channel yet. I see "suggested videos" on the side when watching their vlog and see there are little kids with their toy channels with millions of views each. what the heck? who watches that stuff!? lol!
My kids do, lol. And then they claim they want every single toy they see for their next birthday, but forget about it a week later.

I do limit how much they watch, but this pregnancy hss been rough and YT has helped occupy them in desperate times :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
KayB143
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayB143 »

Haven't watched them in months but a few of my friends have shared the clip of Ollie falling asleep whilst getting his haircut. My friends are people that have never heard of dailybumps or anything. Is it going viral?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”