E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

Mamafirst
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

Unread post by Mamafirst »

Nini12 wrote:You know what it's also weird? How Ellie hasn't posted a "pregnancy announcement" on her own YouTube channel and I checked the one that she had done for Calvin's pregnancy and it was posted the same day that they announced it on their E+J channel (October 2).
Then almost 2 weeks later she posted her 6 weeks pregnancy update.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I don't usually comment on E and J's threads, but wow I have to say Ellie is so much more likable in this video. It seems like a huge YouTube following and lots of money really must have went to her head cuz she seems nothing like she used to be. Sad really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Mamafirst wrote:
Nini12 wrote:You know what it's also weird? How Ellie hasn't posted a "pregnancy announcement" on her own YouTube channel and I checked the one that she had done for Calvin's pregnancy and it was posted the same day that they announced it on their E+J channel (October 2).

I don't usually comment on E and J's threads, but wow I have to say Ellie is so much more likable in this video. It seems like a huge YouTube following and lots of money really must have went to her head cuz she seems nothing like she used to be. Sad really.

Holy shit....what happened to her??? This is one of the first videos I ever watched of hers, and I had forgotten how pleasant she used to be. I like how she laughs off some of her symptoms in this video as being things that happen to everybody. Who is this woman!?
clickclack
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by clickclack »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
clickclack wrote:
Pency wrote:I know I say this all the time but I will never understand why Ellie built her dream laundry room in her dream forever home and decided a toilet was more important than a countertop to fold laundry on. I'd freaking kill for a laundry room with a nice long countertop and shelves. Idiot.
I 100% agree. I don't care if that's what she knows from growing up, it makes no damn sense. I just finished building a house, and I put cabinets/shelves and a nice big countertop. You know what I did instead of putting a toilet in the laundry room that should be clean and smell good? I put a damn powder bath LITERALLY 5 feet away from the laundry room across the hall. I tend to be weird about cleanliness, and I honestly would have SUCH a hard time doing laundry with a toilet in the same room. So stupid.
Totally agree. The toilet + folding laundry on the floor situation irks me tf out. But... isn't that what this was intended for?

I don't get it... but, I really do need to stop trying to make sense of the things that they do/say, because clearly it's a battle that I don't think any of us are ever going to win haha. It's like... I don't know what the right word is... it like, "hurts my mind".. you know??
I totally feel you. I said to my husband last night that they "make my brain hurt", so we're right on the same page. Wonder why she wouldn't use that countertop? Granted, I typically take my laundry and fold from the couch while I watch tv, but I use the countertop to lay out clothes that end up on hangers. To each their own I guess. If she wants to fold laundry on the floor, more power to her.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Wow. She really has changed.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Mamafirst wrote:

I think postpartum depression changed her too. I watched her 33 week update with Calvin yesterday and she definitely seemed like someone I would want to be friends with. Her ditzy-ness was kind of charming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Maggie2017
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maggie2017 »

angelfire89 wrote:I'm getting on conspiracy train here. The voice on the phone sounded so familiar. I thought about it; it sounds just like Beau's wife Emily. I don't know how to explain it but her voice/speech pattern is pretty unique to my ear. I know they all live in Utah and there could be lots of people who have similar voices but it just seemed odd especially after a few people brought up the idea of the doctor's call being fake.

The "nurse" also didn't sound very confident in anything she was saying. Which could have been because of the sensitive nature, or because she was trying to remember what she was told to say.
I'm pregnant and I go to the same OB office as Ellie in Logan, Utah. It seemed like a standard call to me. I think I even might recognize which nurse it was because I have had to call so often during this pregnancy. I don't think it was fake.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Maggie2017 wrote:
I'm pregnant and I go to the same OB office as Ellie in Logan, Utah. It seemed like a standard call to me. I think I even might recognize which nurse it was because I have had to call so often during this pregnancy. I don't think it was fake.
Is it their standard practice to NOT disclose the HCG level? That seems so vague. Most women in this situation would want to know.
blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Maggie2017 wrote:
Is it their standard practice to NOT disclose the HCG level? That seems so vague. Most women in this situation would want to know.

Don't you probably think they did disclose and it was just edited out?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

blondeusa wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Maggie2017 wrote:

I think that 100%. That's why I was asking Image
superkk
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by superkk »

She really was so likable here! Even her symptoms, she was like, pffft...tiredness, acne, who doesn't have that?!?

Oh Ellie circa 2014, WHERE DID YOU GO??

MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

As much as the brand deal theory makes sense, I don't think that's what's going on here. Well if it is, they are completely botching it. Since, as mentioned by PPs, clearblue is the most popular brand of digital, so why wouldn't they back it up with a digital too? That would make a great ad- when you want to be sure!
Also, they would be doing it illegally because FTC law requires brand deals and sponsorships to be disclosed. And not just wayyy down in the fine print in the description, they have to be disclosed verbally in the video too.

MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

HelloSweetie wrote:
blondeusa wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Is it their standard practice to NOT disclose the HCG level? That seems so vague. Most women in this situation would want to know.

I think that 100%. That's why I was asking Image
Yeah I highly doubt that even if they didn't say, that she wouldn't have asked? I've seen so many women obsess over beta numbers on forums over the years, and they were always forthcoming with the numbers with my blood draws in each of my pregnancies

Popcorn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Popcorn »

I haven't read any pages I may have missed over the past few hours but if people are speculating that the call was fake, I highly doubt it. I don't think they'd go so far as to forge actual events, i just think they leave out details and re-arrange clips to make things seem a different way than they are. I don't even really think they're intentionally staging things really, and if this ends up being a loss, I won't think they faked anything.

I just think 1) they are too dumb to understand how everything works, and 2) they are so used to manipulating events and footage to make them look different, that they hardly realize when they're doing it anymore. It's like people who get into the habit of lying so much that they eventually can't remember or keep track of what the truth is.

I also thought it was weird that she didn't post anything on her personal channel or even on Instagram.

And that old pregnancy announcement from Calvin is SO down to earth. Between Calvin and this pregnancy she goes from "I'm breaking out but who doesn't break out, so I can't even really call that a symptom" to "My skin has been SO bad lately, and I'm SO bloated, I just HAVE to be pregnant, this isn't my body!" In the one from Calvin, she even comments on what her stomach looked like before she found out she was pregnant, and she says "I thought that wasn't normal, but I just thought oh, I'm gaining some weight, that's cool."
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

My favorite video, ELlie is funny and interesting and 100% in love with Jackson.

She is still clearly an idiot but so down to earth and normal.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

nutbagmcgee wrote:My favorite video, ELlie is funny and interesting and 100% in love with Jackson.

She is still clearly an idiot but so down to earth and normal.
That's always been my favourite as well.

Now it just makes me sad for what Jackson lost. They were like a completely different family.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I think they already know she's not pregnant and they don't know how to "undo" the announcement. Bonnie mentioned she had to take Ellie's family a meal on Tuesday night, which to me signals Ellie was too upset to function. That would explain the recent vlogs that don't mention the pregnancy and why they've gone silent on SM.

If Ellie were getting GOOD news, I'm sure she wouldn't be hiding out.

They should just be honest and not try to spin it into something that it's not. If she's pregnant, great...but I'm starting to think she was never pregnant and they jumped the gun to take advantage of a BIG Mother's Day announcement.

I guess I just didn't think they were THAT stupid.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

kaymaroff wrote:
alym0326 wrote:For myself personally, when I get pregnant I'm 100% going to tell my close friends and family most likely a few days after I find out. I'm not great at hiding my emotions, and wouldn't want to deal with a miscarriage on my own or have to hide from everyone that I'm upset or why I'm upset.

However there's a huge difference in telling your family before 12 weeks and telling 1 million strangers before 12 weeks.

I agree with some other posters that they're definitely hiding things, but that I don't think they're trying to spin anything or make a pregnancy out of nothing. For me the call about the blood work confirmed that she has a higher than normal HCG level, which indicates pregnancy - but according to how far along she thinks she is, it's way too low. I think if her HCG level was <5 they would have said straight up that she isn't pregnant, especially after a negative urine test. Instead of telling her to come back Thursday to see where her levels are. But that's just my logic and thinking.

I've seen this said a few times, today's vlog reminded me of their vlogs before Calvin. It seemed slightly more genuine.

Ps did anyone notice Jackson with TWO suckers in his hand at the doctors?

You should wait for 100% confirmation of pregnancy before announcing, but I don't think you should have to wait till 12 weeks, even if you are telling 1 million people.

I totally agree. That's why I don't understand why the announced off of a faint line like that... they shouldn't have made any announcement until they received confirmation from a doctor! But I agree, I don't think 12 weeks is necessary, I was just comparing telling 1 million people and 5-6 people at 3-4 weeks pregnant.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Popcorn wrote:I haven't read any pages I may have missed over the past few hours but if people are speculating that the call was fake, I highly doubt it. I don't think they'd go so far as to forge actual events, i just think they leave out details and re-arrange clips to make things seem a different way than they are. I don't even really think they're intentionally staging things really, and if this ends up being a loss, I won't think they faked anything.

I just think 1) they are too dumb to understand how everything works, and 2) they are so used to manipulating events and footage to make them look different, that they hardly realize when they're doing it anymore. It's like people who get into the habit of lying so much that they eventually can't remember or keep track of what the truth is.

I also thought it was weird that she didn't post anything on her personal channel or even on Instagram.

And that old pregnancy announcement from Calvin is SO down to earth. Between Calvin and this pregnancy she goes from "I'm breaking out but who doesn't break out, so I can't even really call that a symptom" to "My skin has been SO bad lately, and I'm SO bloated, I just HAVE to be pregnant, this isn't my body!" In the one from Calvin, she even comments on what her stomach looked like before she found out she was pregnant, and she says "I thought that wasn't normal, but I just thought oh, I'm gaining some weight, that's cool."
And it's like she is so happy to be pregnant, she doesn't mind. It's like "Yippee! I'm tired!"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I feel like Ellie has always had a brattiness inside her. But I think the old Ellie was nicer and relatable because they lived on a normal income and didn't have a million "yes men" surrounding her- they had to be humble. New Ellie resulted from possible PPD, Jared staying home to work (she lost the true stay at home mom identity that motivated her to be more active) attention from YouTube inflating her ego, and using the attention and money to try to fill some void has turned her entitled and bitchy always needing the next big thing

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

kaymaroff wrote:
alym0326 wrote:For myself personally, when I get pregnant I'm 100% going to tell my close friends and family most likely a few days after I find out. I'm not great at hiding my emotions, and wouldn't want to deal with a miscarriage on my own or have to hide from everyone that I'm upset or why I'm upset.

However there's a huge difference in telling your family before 12 weeks and telling 1 million strangers before 12 weeks.

I agree with some other posters that they're definitely hiding things, but that I don't think they're trying to spin anything or make a pregnancy out of nothing. For me the call about the blood work confirmed that she has a higher than normal HCG level, which indicates pregnancy - but according to how far along she thinks she is, it's way too low. I think if her HCG level was <5 they would have said straight up that she isn't pregnant, especially after a negative urine test. Instead of telling her to come back Thursday to see where her levels are. But that's just my logic and thinking.

I've seen this said a few times, today's vlog reminded me of their vlogs before Calvin. It seemed slightly more genuine.

Ps did anyone notice Jackson with TWO suckers in his hand at the doctors?

You should wait for 100% confirmation of pregnancy before announcing, but I don't think you should have to wait till 12 weeks, even if you are telling 1 million people.

I totally agree. That's why I don't understand why the announced off of a faint line like that... they shouldn't have made any announcement until they received confirmation from a doctor! But I agree, I don't think 12 weeks is necessary, I was just comparing telling 1 million people and 5-6 people at 3-4 weeks pregnant.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”