JesssFam: And Kitty Makes Ten! (Part 92)

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: And Kitty Makes Ten! (Part 92)

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

TeaFor2 wrote:That's really interesting. What about vacations? I heard youtubers can write off all expenses from a vacation on their taxes as long as they are actually performing work which in their case would be vlogging it. Is that true?

It kind of explains how Jess can afford things like a new drone and trips but is not sure she wants to spend the $ on her stomach surgery. Because she probably can't write off surgery on her taxes.

In Canada the surgery would not be a write off (but we have much different health care so its not likely she would have to pay out of pocket for that surgery anyways).

If they're vlogging daily the trip would most definitely be a write off....it would be a business trip. Flights, mileage, food, hotel, park passes, ect. The shopping, like for souvenirs and such wouldn't count, but most other things would if it was a part of the vlog.
teahathspilleth123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by teahathspilleth123 »

Damn! Not gonna lie I'm super jealous that youtubers can go on trips, vacations and be able to write it all off on their taxes and all the have to do is vlog it.
sparklylover
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sparklylover »

cjl123 wrote:The way Jessica handles medical issues bothers me so much. After 5 kids she still treats emergency rooms, urgent care, or whatever low income clinic she goes to as a primary care doctor. They are not. Her kids need a regular pedi that they see annually for check ups and who she can make an appointment with for issues.

Before anybody comes to her rescue saying that she doesn't film everything, she certainly films every dentist appointment but I've never seen a regular check up with a regular doctor filmed.

I just think her kids need a primary care physician/ pediatrician and that she is shitty for making kyson wait a couple more days with a rash that is clearly itching and he is scratching until it scabs over. What is she waiting for? For it to get worse? Magically going away in its own? Some more of her kids to catch it? Perhaps Addie can catch it and she can take her to the ER for a super dramatic vlog title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems her insurance or doctor is set up where you do not see a regular doctor, but there are like several doctors that are in on different days so you just see whichever one is there. It's kinda weird to me but my aunt works at a doctors office like this

whattheactual
Informer
Informer

Unread post by whattheactual »

TeaFor2 wrote:Damn! Not gonna lie I'm super jealous that youtubers can go on trips, vacations and be able to write it all off on their taxes and all the have to do is vlog it.
It's also why youtubers can afford to buy a shit ton of stuff in an attempt to make viral videos.
For an example, if they fill a swimming pool with orbies for a video, they could most likely be able to right it off as a "bussiness exspense" since they were using it in a video. Or when youtubers like Roman Atwood filled his house with plastic balls. He probably wrote that off as a bussiness exspense.
It's the reason that youtubers are able to do and buy so much stuff (which in my opinion makes them all seem a lot wealthier than they are), along with the fact that they get many things for free as a part of a sponsorship.
whattheactual
Informer
Informer

sparklylover wrote:
cjl123 wrote:The way Jessica handles medical issues bothers me so much. After 5 kids she still treats emergency rooms, urgent care, or whatever low income clinic she goes to as a primary care doctor. They are not. Her kids need a regular pedi that they see annually for check ups and who she can make an appointment with for issues.

Before anybody comes to her rescue saying that she doesn't film everything, she certainly films every dentist appointment but I've never seen a regular check up with a regular doctor filmed.

I just think her kids need a primary care physician/ pediatrician and that she is shitty for making kyson wait a couple more days with a rash that is clearly itching and he is scratching until it scabs over. What is she waiting for? For it to get worse? Magically going away in its own? Some more of her kids to catch it? Perhaps Addie can catch it and she can take her to the ER for a super dramatic vlog title.

It seems her insurance or doctor is set up where you do not see a regular doctor, but there are like several doctors that are in on different days so you just see whichever one is there. It's kinda weird to me but my aunt works at a doctors office like this

That's how my pediatrician was as a kid. It was a group of doctors out of one office. I know at my office you were able to request a certain doctor (if they were available) for things like check ups, and other appointments made in advance, but if it was a last minute appointment, you took whoever was open.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

They still have to pay upfront for the items/trips unless it's a sponsorship of course.
Writing it off just means after the fact they can use the expense against their income to reduce their taxable income.
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

MamaJoAnna wrote:
Lyanna wrote:I honestly can't understand a word this poor kid Kaden says.
He's seemingly very excitable and talks very fast. I am most certainly not trying to diagnose as the only medical experience I have is Grey's Anatomy Image but the first thing that pinged on my radar was maybe ADD/ADHD? I tried watching and not looking at the captions and couldn't understand a word.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
My guess is, he has ADHD, I'm not sure how related that is to his speechproblems though. I read about a debate where it said that there are two types of AD(H)D, the rather quiet daydreamer, who never focuses on a task too long, because he/she gets distracted by looking out the window (ADD) and the hyperactive one, who never finishes something, because he/she wants to do something else next (ADHD). Just a general overview, I read up on it, because I'm convinced that I had ADD as a kid, but I can't remeber that speechproblems was a part of the symptoms, I think just delayed speech in one article, but nothing that carried on beyond the 4th year. I'm not sure how far that debate is in english literature, but here people mostly refuse to acknowledge that there are two types of that disorder.

I fear that Kaden will have speechproblems for the longest time, he's going on to six years, if he doesn't catch up now, he will most likely retain something of that (speaking from experience).
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

Yes, thank you! All of this.

sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

happyfunmeowmeow wrote:they have money to plan and take the entire family to disneyland and get a new drone but jessica complains about the surgery thing? maybe if your priorities were right, this wouldn't be an issue
She probably thinks that she shouldn't have to pay for her own medical expenses like normal hard working people.

LilaLavender
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaLavender »

NewEnglandGirl wrote:someone commented on the mother's day video saying that Gabe really missed out on having Jess as a wife and how great she is.. if you ask me he dodged a bullet!
What a weird freaking thing to say. They dated as teens. They broke up 6 years ago. They're both married/engaged to other people now. Imagine being married and having someone tell you your high school ex of 6 years and multiple relationships ago really missed out on you.

That's like how people kept involving Jennifer Aniston with every news that came out about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
LilaLavender
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaLavender »

MamaJoAnna wrote:"I FORGOT!" Recap

Jess and Lilia greet the "fam." They are at a store for dance stuff because Lilia needs tights.
Cut back to the house and Janell is over. She and Jess are organizing Lilia's dance clothes so she doesn't forget anything. Lilia is in 4-5 different dance classes, so it's a lot to keep track of.
4-5 dance classes?! What the fuck?! Jessica herself complaints about how her dancing screwed up her back, I don't understand how she can feel okay forcing her daughter down the same route and into so many classes. Why does a 6-year-old need so many extracurricular activities, is that normal in the US? Here kids generally enroll in swimming at age 4/5, do that for a year, and then only half continues into other things, usually only once a week.

Why not let her go to class once or twice a week and decide herself, a few years down the line if she wants to go more often... Is she that desperate for a mini me/a talented kid to show off? No wonder Lilia always looks exhausted...
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

And Lilia can't dance for her life. If Jess is trying to make a talented or famous dancer then she should just stop because she is getting nowhere. Dancers her age who are meant to be professional dancers are incredible these days and do it 40 hours a week and are homeschooled for that (their mothers don't have half a dozen kids by the way) and at 6 they're already performing for competitions and stuff like that. From what I saw on the vlogs Lilia does it only for recreational purpose, she never competed a solo or even a group number so relax and let her chose one or two classes to go to and enjoy as extracurricular activities. And dance classes and outfits are ridiculously expensive. I don't understand Jess on this subject (like on many others but yeah).
nachomama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nachomama »

I just think her kids need a primary care physician/ pediatrician and that she is shitty for making kyson wait a couple more days with a rash that is clearly itching and he is scratching until it scabs over. What is she waiting for? For it to get worse? Magically going away in its own? Some more of her kids to catch it? Perhaps Addie can catch it and she can take her to the ER
for a super dramatic vlog title.

That's because jessss and crew are on medi-cal which is free healthcare. When I was younger my pediatrician was a family doctor we saw through my Dad's health insurance from his job. I saw her from ages 8-18 and it was the best experience ever.

Medi-cal has you see a new doctor each visit because most of their staff rotates between the hospitals, clinics, and it leaves them very short staffed. Medi-cal pays those offices close to nothing hence why smart adults work real jobs for real insurance instead of sitting on their butts all day recording videos.

Please save the criticism as my opinion on someone who can afford Disneyland/Legoland/etc. trips every month yet keeps their children on state insurance is just that: an opinion.
nachomama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nachomama »

luci417 wrote:
smom12 wrote:
Throne wrote:Anyone have any theories as to what’s bugging Kyson's skin? To me, they still look like bed bug bites just from the fact that some have that little white dot on the top. But it’s odd that Kaden doesn't have them as well, especially if they share beds.
As someone who went thru this (downstairs apt was infested and of course we had no idea when we moved in) ugh. But I do know that my husband slept next to me when we had them and he never got bit, but I always got attacked. Strange but true. Like why some people get bit by mosquitoes and some don't.

I feel I need a Brillo bath now.

I actually don't think it's bed bugs just because they usually get into EVERYTHING - sheets, mattresses, clothes, carpets, furniture, etc. and with 7 people living in such close quarters they'd all have it. For Kyson to be the only one after a full week makes bed bugs seem pretty unlikely. It could just be an irritation caused by cleaning products or detergent, a pesticide/lawn chemical/pool cleaner, a food allergy, etc.
Bed bugs are extremely common here in Northern California over the last 3-4 years and since they just moved in I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's biting him. They need to fumigate.
sparklylover
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sparklylover »

LilaLavender wrote:

Jess and Lilia greet the "fam." They are at a store for dance stuff because Lilia needs tights.
Cut back to the house and Janell is over. She and Jess are organizing Lilia's dance clothes so she doesn't forget anything. Lilia is in 4-5 different dance classes, so it's a lot to keep track of.
4-5 dance classes?! What the fuck?! Jessica herself complaints about how her dancing screwed up her back, I don't understand how she can feel okay forcing her daughter down the same route and into so many classes. Why does a 6-year-old need so many extracurricular activities, is that normal in the US? Here kids generally enroll in swimming at age 4/5, do that for a year, and then only half continues into other things, usually only once a week.

Why not let her go to class once or twice a week and decide herself, a few years down the line if she wants to go more often... Is she that desperate for a mini me/a talented kid to show off? No wonder Lilia always looks exhausted...
I danced when I was a child & I loved it! I spent every weekday in my studio. It becomes your second home & everyone there is like a family (: Even in high school I was on the cheer team, my school's dance team, & still dancing full time at my studio. I think it just depends on if the child likes it & I really believe Lilia does!

ApplePie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ApplePie »

whattheactual wrote:
TeaFor2 wrote:Damn! Not gonna lie I'm super jealous that youtubers can go on trips, vacations and be able to write it all off on their taxes and all the have to do is vlog it.
It's also why youtubers can afford to buy a shit ton of stuff in an attempt to make viral videos.
For an example, if they fill a swimming pool with orbies for a video, they could most likely be able to right it off as a "bussiness exspense" since they were using it in a video. Or when youtubers like Roman Atwood filled his house with plastic balls. He probably wrote that off as a bussiness exspense.
It's the reason that youtubers are able to do and buy so much stuff (which in my opinion makes them all seem a lot wealthier than they are), along with the fact that they get many things for free as a part of a sponsorship.
I've said this before, but they are also able to write off around 50% of their living expenses since they "work" out of their home. I worked from home as s freelance writer for a while and was able to write off a portion of my monthly bills...mortgage, electricity, internet. And don't forget mileage. Anytime they film driving...going someplace for the vlog or going to a store to buy something for the vlog is a tax write-off.
whattheactual
Informer
Informer

ApplePie wrote:
whattheactual wrote:
I've said this before, but they are also able to write off around 50% of their living expenses since they "work" out of their home. I worked from home as s freelance writer for a while and was able to write off a portion of my monthly bills...mortgage, electricity, internet. And don't forget mileage. Anytime they film driving...going someplace for the vlog or going to a store to buy something for the vlog is a tax write-off.
This makes me want to start a youtube channel and vlog my time.....sounds pretty nice....
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Damn, I almost wish my Internet speed didn't suck where I live so I could do this. It's miserable though. We have DSL with no option to go any faster than a 3Mbps download speed. I can watch videos fine and stream Netflix but streams like Twitch and Beam are terrible.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
ruby14
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ruby14 »

sparklylover wrote:
LilaLavender wrote:

I danced when I was a child & I loved it! I spent every weekday in my studio. It becomes your second home & everyone there is like a family (: Even in high school I was on the cheer team, my school's dance team, & still dancing full time at my studio. I think it just depends on if the child likes it & I really believe Lilia does!

I've been dancing for 18 years. I was in my dance studio everyday and I did dance at my high school. I never competed except for one time. I can only talk about my dance studio since I am very aware that all dance studios are different, but my dance studio doesn't really have people at Lilia's age on the competition teams. Like probably the youngest are 8. Dance is really a thing for people who enjoy, people who don't are just wasting their time and money. However, Lilia does seem to enjoy dance. Even though dance is incredibly expensive, I think it's worth it if the kid enjoys it whether they're good, bad, wanting to do it professionally, recreationaly, are competitive, and noncompetitive. I also sustained injuries from dance (I have chronic back pain, possibly stunted feet growth, multiple broken toes) but these things happen, but I don't regret any of it.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

I talked about competition to answer to someone else who was wondering if Jessica is trying to turn Lilia into a famous dancer.
If it's done for fun I understand bc dance is a lot of fun however 5 dance classes are a lot, she must be spending a lot of time there or can't really focus and improve if she only goes once a week. Why not putting her only in 2 so she can improve and start the more fun part of dance which is actually dancing, learning choreos and trying to perform them well and stuff like that
the thing that bugs me is she doesn't seem to be at the dance studio every evening but "only" probably once a week and I don't really see how a 6 years old can learn all these styles of dance if she has to attend 5 different classes in one day.

Return to “JesssFam”