JesssFam: And Kitty Makes Ten! (Part 92)

ruby14
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: And Kitty Makes Ten! (Part 92)

Unread post by ruby14 »

Once again, only know from my studio, but we have combination classes that teach multiple styles in one class and daddy daughter doesn't seem to be a once a week class. I've done a few dances with my dad, although the kids had class every week and we only rehearsed with the dads like 2 or 3 times. And I know Jess said 5 in the video, but I'm pretty sure she only listed 4 dances, tap, jazz, ballet, and daddy daughter (unless I heard her wrong), so it's feasible that she has at least two of those classes in one day.
Throne
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Throne »

I was a professional competitive dancer for 16 years of my life (ever since I was two !) So let me clear some things up:

1. 4 group performances for a six year old is pretty reasonable. Its not odd for more talented girls of Lilia's age to have over 8 group performances to remember in addition to any solo's/ duets she would receive. It seems crazy but its the industry. Right now it seems like they still are showing her a very basic repertoire of jazz, tap and ballet, which pretty much work the basics that build a dancer's foundation for more contemporary performances. The finally "dance" (or 5th one) is simply the final "dance" that the whole studio does to bring to a close the end-year recital.

2. On average, a competitive dancer spends at least 5 our of the 7 week at the studio training. My classes were two hours per dance and it isn't unusual for a dancer to stay in the studio till 10 in the evening training, especially as you get older and get chosen to do more performances.

3. Yes its fucking expensive. On top of studio fees, new shoes average to be about $50-100 or more a pair, depending on the style and costumes can reach up to $400 a pop. My parents easily spend over 3 grand on my costumes alone every year, however Jess's studio seems a little bootleg so I don't think it would be nearly as expensive. It also doesn't from the looks of it offer competition (or have a good name for themselves ) and that literally the only way a dancer can "make a name for themselves" and win awards/scholarships.
kalipali
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kalipali »

I just think it's crazy Lilia has only ever been in dance (I believe). I know she does a short one-week cheerleading thing once a year, but what about letting her try other things? I remember we saw in past videos Lilia begging to do gymnastics, but Jess has never let that happen even though she takes her other kids there. What about soccer? Softball/t-ball?

I had to laugh when Jess posted the other day Lilia received an award for being at the dance studio for 5 years straight. The girl is only 6 freaking years old! She's been conditioned since birth that dance is best since that's what Jess used to do. Too bad for Jess though, since clearly she and Lilia both are average-below average dancers. No rhythm whatsoever.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

LMFAO @ 0:25
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

Lilia sucks at dancing lol I know she is only six but girl has no rhythm whatsoever. When you see her in a group she always seems to be the one not knowing the dance moves or off beat.
Shawn2011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Shawn2011 »

Guys, writing something off does not mean that it is free. Depending on how much you earn, writing off $20k or $30k of expenses can be almost meaningless.

Also, her videos are SO BORING! I don't know how she keeps her views up. She was only interesting when all the drama was happening.
Shawn2011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Shawn2011 »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:Lilia sucks at dancing lol I know she is only six but girl has no rhythm whatsoever. When you see her in a group she always seems to be the one not knowing the dance moves or off beat.
Just like her mum
lovesthree
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovesthree »

ruby14 wrote:Once again, only know from my studio, but we have combination classes that teach multiple styles in one class and daddy daughter doesn't seem to be a once a week class. I've done a few dances with my dad, although the kids had class every week and we only rehearsed with the dads like 2 or 3 times. And I know Jess said 5 in the video, but I'm pretty sure she only listed 4 dances, tap, jazz, ballet, and daddy daughter (unless I heard her wrong), so it's feasible that she has at least two of those classes in one day.

Exactly. 5 classes does sound like a lot but they are usually combined classes. My daughter at 5 years old did jazz,acro, tap and ballet but only ever went to 2x 30min classes a week. At recital time we had to buy a costume for each different style though.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

How many fucken times is she gonna say LITERALLY, PRETTY MUCH, FOR THE MOST PART, SHE'S HUGE, and SPECIFICALLY

Also at 5:54 she says "pretty much lost a child and brought her back" is she fucken serious? That's a slap in the face to those who have really lost a child. She didn't lose Addie then brought her back to life. She never fucken died.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She needs a thesaurus. She can write it off on her taxes.
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

whattheactual wrote:
ApplePie wrote:
whattheactual wrote: It's also why youtubers can afford to buy a shit ton of stuff in an attempt to make viral videos.
For an example, if they fill a swimming pool with orbies for a video, they could most likely be able to right it off as a "bussiness exspense" since they were using it in a video. Or when youtubers like Roman Atwood filled his house with plastic balls. He probably wrote that off as a bussiness exspense.
It's the reason that youtubers are able to do and buy so much stuff (which in my opinion makes them all seem a lot wealthier than they are), along with the fact that they get many things for free as a part of a sponsorship.
I've said this before, but they are also able to write off around 50% of their living expenses since they "work" out of their home. I worked from home as s freelance writer for a while and was able to write off a portion of my monthly bills...mortgage, electricity, internet. And don't forget mileage. Anytime they film driving...going someplace for the vlog or going to a store to buy something for the vlog is a tax write-off.
This makes me want to start a youtube channel and vlog my time.....sounds pretty nice....
Non American here - Doesn't it just mean that their tax bill at tax time is lower? Or in the case of doing so much, it may be non-existent. Would they actually get the extra money refunded if they claimed so much expenses that it surpassed their taxable amount?
ApplePie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ApplePie »

Yes, exactly. And with her five deductions (aka, kids) she is probably getting a hefty tax refund. Also justifies her being on MediCal (state sponsored health care that she doesn't pay for) because her "expenses" outweigh her income. So basically she can say, "Yeah, I make $7,000 a month (from that screenshot a few pages back) but I spend most of that on my "job," so I really don't make that much."
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

I couldn't imagine spending 3-5k a year on dance, and dance alone. But then again I think dance girls are bratty snobs. Lilia is going to end up like the kids on the show dance moms cause that's all she's ever been exposed to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Umm so apparently Natalie's sister goes to the same studio​ as Jess and Lilia? How small is Molesto??

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kalipali wrote:I just think it's crazy Lilia has only ever been in dance (I believe). I know she does a short one-week cheerleading thing once a year, but what about letting her try other things? I remember we saw in past videos Lilia begging to do gymnastics, but Jess has never let that happen even though she takes her other kids there. What about soccer? Softball/t-ball?

I had to laugh when Jess posted the other day Lilia received an award for being at the dance studio for 5 years straight. The girl is only 6 freaking years old! She's been conditioned since birth that dance is best since that's what Jess used to do. Too bad for Jess though, since clearly she and Lilia both are average-below average dancers. No rhythm whatsoever.
She's conditioning her to be exactly like her, sadly. Lilia will probably get pregnant by 15/16 and she's going to be very self centered... Although I'd laugh if after all of the dance and Princess girly stuff she turns out to be butchest lesbian.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

mydietsucks_1 wrote:Lilia sucks at dancing lol I know she is only six but girl has no rhythm whatsoever. When you see her in a group she always seems to be the one not knowing the dance moves or off beat.
That's probably because she's either too hyper to focus, in too many classes, or Jessss has convinced her that her moves are the best.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

twomommies wrote:
That's probably because she's either too hyper to focus, in too many classes, or Jessss has convinced her that her moves are the best.

Yup. Probably the latter. Let's not forget who we are talking here:
gemmie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gemmie »

smom12 wrote:
twomommies wrote:

Yup. Probably the latter. Let's not forget who we are talking here:
That is just a new level of awkward. I hope the twins never watch this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Why are her ballet shoes and tights so dirty in Jesss' Snapchat???

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

twomommies wrote:Why are her ballet shoes and tights so dirty in Jesss' Snapchat???

Because Jessssss.

Return to “JesssFam”