True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by ferriswheel »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
aggieyorkie wrote:About the clothes thing, my kid has had horrible reflux since 3 weeks old and constantly spits up and drools. I gave up on cute clothes. She is in full time daycare since 6 weeks and the majority of the clothes she goes in are sleepers because they're easy to change, comfy for the different chairs/bouncers they put her in, and cover her skin when they bring them outside. So I don't care about the pj thing. Now, when she starts walking I feel like that will have to change.

I definitely get that with the weirdos out there she should at least put a shirt on Brooks. And I know it's not for lack of clothes...so I do view it as lazy on their part. I hate to say that because they are great parents but they are lazy about weird things.

Unrelated to what I was just saying above, but I feel like they're super into enforcing traditional gender roles and it bugs me.
I agree that they're very into traditional gender roles. Even though Cullen was a cheerleader, I have a feeling that they're going to want Gaines to be in cheer rather than soccer or softball herself. They already dress her like a little cheerleader for Alabama games. And I have said it before, but got pooh-poohed, that there may be issues if Brooks is a bookworm and wants nothing to do with football. Brooks' room is very much in "boy" colors, and Gaines' is in "girl" ones. We'll see what happens when the kids are older. But they seem to get a pass on this, while Bryan and Missy get flack for picking out "boy toys" for Ollie.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I am going to hope that they are open enough to not care whether or not Brooks likes sports or not, BUT I can imagine Cullen giving him shit about it, of course thinking he's joking around and wouldn't drop it as usual. I also feel like if they have another boy, and one is athletic, and the other more into academics, that the athletic one would be favored. I doubt any favoritism would be on purpose though.
I think Cullen mentioned his relationship with his father being strained when he was younger because Cullen was more of a mommy's boy (not sure if that's what I'm trying to describe). I would hope Cullen wouldn't repeat that mistake with his own kids.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I'm surprised at how much I actually like MG's room. I wasn't the biggest fan of it at their old house, but it looks a lot brighter, more spacious, and I love the pops of yellow! I do wish they had gone with a different color wall, since they did Brook's room basically a similar color, but again - it's their home so if they love it then that's good enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I was hoping they would drop the lego wall and chalkboard wall idea. I love gaines room now but when they start adding in more yellow i know i will hate it. Lol too many bright colors all together!!

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I have to wonder how much the kids would play with a lego wall. There's only so much you can do with legos on a vertical wall. I think a strip might be cool, low so they can reach it, but a wall from top to bottom seems unnecessary. I LOVE legos, I just don't think they'd be super fun to play with on a wall. But maybe that's just me. At the very least, it doesn't need to go all the way from top to bottom.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Gaines' room is teal overkill imo. They should have just painted the walls a neutral color if they want so much color on everything else.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Caisflame wrote:I have to wonder how much the kids would play with a lego wall. There's only so much you can do with legos on a vertical wall. I think a strip might be cool, low so they can reach it, but a wall from top to bottom seems unnecessary. I LOVE legos, I just don't think they'd be super fun to play with on a wall. But maybe that's just me. At the very least, it doesn't need to go all the way from top to bottom.
I totally agree. When my kids play legos they're building vehicles and buildings which they use for pretend play on the floor. I don't know what they'd do with a lego wall. They don't even use the lego sheets when they're on the floor because they move their creations around so much.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
Caisflame wrote:I have to wonder how much the kids would play with a lego wall. There's only so much you can do with legos on a vertical wall. I think a strip might be cool, low so they can reach it, but a wall from top to bottom seems unnecessary. I LOVE legos, I just don't think they'd be super fun to play with on a wall. But maybe that's just me. At the very least, it doesn't need to go all the way from top to bottom.
I totally agree. When my kids play legos they're building vehicles and buildings which they use for pretend play on the floor. I don't know what they'd do with a lego wall. They don't even use the lego sheets when they're on the floor because they move their creations around so much.
Plus, they don't seem to have Gaines play in her room much, and Brooks is only a baby now. It's going to be a long time before he is hanging out in his room. My kids had a Lego table and loved that, but a wall isn't really the way kids play with Legos. Just doesn't make sense.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

After we spent yesterday talking about Brooks being naked in the vlogs, today we get AN ENTIRE VLOG of them talking about and shopping for kids clothes. They sure buy a lot of white clothes for a 2 year old. I try to stay away from white as much as possible because dressing a toddler in white is like just throwing money in the trash. Some stains just don't come out.

Gaines at Grand Dolly's was so cute. Her little southern accent was coming out. They're so lucky to have family around that is willing to take the kids for them.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I agree that the kids aren't going to be playing with lego's on a wall very much (maybe they will love it, stranger things have happened) that being said, i always thought that the lego wall was more for looks than for actual playing. I think they will get more use out of a chalkboard wall though, but a chalkboard wall and a lego wall both in brooks' room seems like overkill. Move the chalkboard wall into one of the playrooms (or both) and keep the lego wall in Brooks's room for decoration. Did they say they were planning on putting a chalkboard wall back in Gaines' room? She always liked drawing on it, so that seems fine.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So what do you all think of the blue in Brooks' room? I didn't like that curtain in the old house, and they brought it to the new one and painted the wall that blue. It's just my opinion-- they're welcome to do what they like, obviously.

Hate it. The curtains, soon to be lego wall, wall color. All of it. Not my house though. I do really like his furniture, minus that hideous changing table. I have a feeling that once his crib is converted into a regular bed they will end up redoing his entire room "theme."

I love Gaines' room. The pink comforter with the pillows in different colors is adorable. Katie did a great job picking colors and decor that will grow with MG.
Do they still have that changing table that they said they hated when they got it assembled and put in his room? I didn't pay that much attention when they were showing all the room, i was at work watching and just listening to that part. I think they ordered one that had some colored drawers, but when they got it they were not happy with it at all. Im surprised if its the same one from the old house, i would have thought they would have tossed it and bought a new one. I didn't like that first changing table either..
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:I agree that the kids aren't going to be playing with lego's on a wall very much (maybe they will love it, stranger things have happened) that being said, i always thought that the lego wall was more for looks than for actual playing. I think they will get more use out of a chalkboard wall though, but a chalkboard wall and a lego wall both in brooks' room seems like overkill. Move the chalkboard wall into one of the playrooms (or both) and keep the lego wall in Brooks's room for decoration. Did they say they were planning on putting a chalkboard wall back in Gaines' room? She always liked drawing on it, so that seems fine.
They're making a magnetic chalkboard wall between the windows in Gaines' room. Cullen suggested doing a half lego wall with a strip of chalkboard in the corner of Brooks' room. I think doing it in the playroom makes more sense, too.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So what do you all think of the blue in Brooks' room? I didn't like that curtain in the old house, and they brought it to the new one and painted the wall that blue. It's just my opinion-- they're welcome to do what they like, obviously.

Hate it. The curtains, soon to be lego wall, wall color. All of it. Not my house though. I do really like his furniture, minus that hideous changing table. I have a feeling that once his crib is converted into a regular bed they will end up redoing his entire room "theme."

I love Gaines' room. The pink comforter with the pillows in different colors is adorable. Katie did a great job picking colors and decor that will grow with MG.
Do they still have that changing table that they said they hated when they got it assembled and put in his room? I didn't pay that much attention when they were showing all the room, i was at work watching and just listening to that part. I think they ordered one that had some colored drawers, but when they got it they were not happy with it at all. Im surprised if its the same one from the old house, i would have thought they would have tossed it and bought a new one. I didn't like that first changing table either..
Yes, the one with the fabric drawers. They were talking about where to put it in his new room. I would just get rid of it. At this age, it's pretty hard to change a mobile baby on a changing table. Once my kids were able to roll, all diaper changes happened on the floor because a changing table was not safe anymore, even though I kept my hands on them at all times.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote: Hate it. The curtains, soon to be lego wall, wall color. All of it. Not my house though. I do really like his furniture, minus that hideous changing table. I have a feeling that once his crib is converted into a regular bed they will end up redoing his entire room "theme."

Yes, the one with the fabric drawers. They were talking about where to put it in his new room. I would just get rid of it. At this age, it's pretty hard to change a mobile baby on a changing table. Once my kids were able to roll, all diaper changes happened on the floor because a changing table was not safe anymore, even though I kept my hands on them at all times.
same... i never used a changing table at all actually! We used waterproof blanket/pads and put them on the couch or floor and changed them there. I had a nice little picnic basket type thing that we packed all the diaper changing stuff in and carried it to where ever we needed to change a diaper. We lived in a smaller house when mine were in diapers and changing tables seemed like a huge waste of space to me. They should lose that table all together and put in another dresser or a toy box or something else for storage.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Brooks' has the sweetest little profile, that kid is so adorable, idk what it is, and call me weird, but he has the cutest nose i have ever seen in my life.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

They buy the cutest clothes for Gaines IMO.. like I kinda wanna go to h&m tomorrow and buy my daughter some of those dresses and that overall dress

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

I always shop at H&M for my nieces, some of it is not my/her style but they def have cute pieces like the ones katie bought
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

I thought Katie looked great today/recently, and I think maybe she's lost some weight too (not that that's the only reason she looks good, of course!). I think it's great that she's been getting into the fitbit.

I know people call Cullen and Katie lazy, but actually I think they've been doing great recently, better than I expected! It's not like there's boxes everywhere, and I'm impressed by how put together the kids rooms are, for example.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

freshbalsam wrote:They buy the cutest clothes for Gaines IMO.. like I kinda wanna go to h&m tomorrow and buy my daughter some of those dresses and that overall dress Image

The clothes they bought her on the vlogs were cute, but good God, the dress she was wearing at GrandDollys Image. Not a fan. Some of the southern smocked dresses are too much.
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

CallieT wrote: I know people call Cullen and Katie lazy, but actually I think they've been doing great recently, better than I expected! It's not like there's boxes everywhere, and I'm impressed by how put together the kids rooms are, for example.
I think this house feels like "Home" so they are wanting to finish it quickly where as the other house was just that a house

they have mentioned a few times that this new house just feel right.... like there home
snarkygrl33
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snarkygrl33 »

My thoughts:

I think Gaines' room looks great, especially with the pink bedding. That will be a great color scheme to "grow" with her. I noticed that Katie's room at Grandoc and GrAndolly's house was painted that same color, and she had some pretty curtains.

I also like Brooks room'. I think the blue goes great with his crib color. It's a shame that Grandolly spent all that money on that custom shade, and they can't even use it now. Oh well. I don't like the green rug thought. It looks out of place with the blue and grey even though it matches the trees outside. And that changing table looks really cheap and tacky. They should've gotten a changing table to match the crib and dresser.

I think their house is coming along great! I'm excited to see what they'll do with all the other rooms. Front living room area, next to dining room, upstairs playroom, I think there's also an upstairs sitting room in addition to playroom if I'm not mistaken. And they have a few more bedrooms to decorate.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”