E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

loopdeloop
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

Unread post by loopdeloop »

Rullakebab wrote:Wow, she used to be so normal and easygoing.

Now she is just so uncomfortable to listen and to look at (especially the smug and smirky face).

Nowadays every pregnancy or TTC related thing she says sounds just off. She is saying something (like "we are not naive to this process, we know it can take time to get pregnant") but her body language and facial expressions tell another story. She is very uptight and testy/snappy when she talks about TTC, symptoms, pregnancy etc.

It was never about documenting this TTC journey of theirs. For me it would be interesting to watch a real TTC journey because that's something I'm going through as well. But this E&J thing is almost just comedy (farce) and I think today it will become a tragedy of some sort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've been thinking a lot about this whole situation, and here's my take:

1. TTC is one of those things that you hope doesn't take forever. The two week wait sucks, and given Ellie's history, that could mean that two weeks out of every month for years is going to be a miserable time for her. I get why she so badly wants to be pregnant, and why her words and her actions are different.

2. I don't think viewers would be as annoyed with this whole thing if they weren't daily vloggers. Since they decided to "share" the process, people seem to expect a daily update and they feel compelled to give one (or at least as often as possible).

3. I have no idea if Ellie is pregnant, but you can tell she really wants to be.

4. The storyline here works to their benefit. Right now, viewers will watch to find out what the doctor says. If it's a miscarriage, or if she is pregnant, or if she never was pregnant, then there is something interesting to watch. While they have become more like actors over the years, as many family vloggers do when they rely on YT for income, I have never took them to be the kind of people who fake being upset at something.

5. I don't think we can read into a lack of mentions about Ellie on her family's channels.
beachygirly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beachygirly »

I can't possibly prepare myself for what charades, lying, and absurdity will occur in today's video.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

This is how I'm gonna say the vlog will go.

They will remain vague. Ellie will be absent for a lot of the vlog. Vlog will end with a serious Jared talk of sorts. There will be more talk of baby between them and Jackson... trying to be deep, for the vlog. More screeching from Calvin. Montage of Ellie hugging and cuddling with him.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

beachygirly wrote:I can't possibly prepare myself for what charades, lying, and absurdity will occur in today's video.
I know, their ploy totally worked because now I'm curious to see if the doctor will confirm if she's pregnant or not. They've sucked me in. The silence on social media is so strategic. I wouldn't be surprised if the vlog is a little late to stretch this out longer.
kaymaroff
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kaymaroff »

I'm impatiently waiting for the vlog! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

loopdeloop wrote: I've been thinking a lot about this whole situation, and here's my take:

1. TTC is one of those things that you hope doesn't take forever. The two week wait sucks, and given Ellie's history, that could mean that two weeks out of every month for years is going to be a miserable time for her. I get why she so badly wants to be pregnant, and why her words and her actions are different.

2. I don't think viewers would be as annoyed with this whole thing if they weren't daily vloggers. Since they decided to "share" the process, people seem to expect a daily update and they feel compelled to give one (or at least as often as possible).

3. I have no idea if Ellie is pregnant, but you can tell she really wants to be.

4. The storyline here works to their benefit. Right now, viewers will watch to find out what the doctor says. If it's a miscarriage, or if she is pregnant, or if she never was pregnant, then there is something interesting to watch. While they have become more like actors over the years, as many family vloggers do when they rely on YT for income, I have never took them to be the kind of people who fake being upset at something.

5. I don't think we can read into a lack of mentions about Ellie on her family's channels.
I think it's safe to say that everyone on this board would have been understanding if Ellie went into the TTC process nervous about her IF. Trouble is, she didn't. She had this strange confidence that she would absolutely get pregnant this month.

I agree Ellie wants to be pregnant. I don't think she actually has an interest in another CHILD. Look at how he played with baby Jackson in that old clip. Why haven't we seen her play with the toddlers/preschoolers in the same way? Ellie just wants something to snuggle and baby. Once the babies (or puppy) grow up she distances herself and starts to dream of a new one.

I think they do fake reactions. Ellie didn't seem too broken up about Aunt Sonya passing until days later. Or they were so concerned about Grandma Great after she fell, but have still hardly visited her since.

I think Bonnie and Ruby are smart to. It say anything if things are up in the air. I criticized E&J for the way they were quick to share Joan's pregnancy news, but then avoided sharing her loss news. If you share someone's pregnancy news, you have a responsibility to make sure to share the loss news as well. Things appear to be up in the air, so it's smart of Bonnie and Ruby to not say anything until the picture is clearer. Part of me wonders if they thought she was telling too early to begin with, and would have been nervous regardless.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

What I'm hoping for this vlog. I am hoping she is actually pregnant because a loss will be sad, I hope that she just ovulated later than she thought and I hope the doctor specifically tells her that she ovulated later and tells her that ovulation tests are useless if she has pcos so she will have to admit she was wrong about that one thing lol

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think it will be bad news by his latest tweet. Usually he will hint what the vlog is about with emojis and lots of !!! [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 6de554.jpg[/img]

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Just saw the title and thumbnail but I can't watch it right now. Clearly there's no good news, it seems.

In other news, Jared's face is so punchable.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

video tags:

ellie and jared#1ellie mechamjared mechamjared and ellie#1elliejared#1mechampregnancypregnantpcosinfertilitychemical pregnancymiscarriageearly miscarriageclinical pregnancyblighted ovumfamilyfamily friendlydaily vlog

----
just about to watch.
valeryjackson
Talker
Talker

Unread post by valeryjackson »

Ellie is having a miscarriage.. she woke up bleeding and spoke to the doctor who told her the bed news. She is not in the vlog.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

UGH! That's all I've got to say. I think it sounds like she got her period.
Last edited by gopedjane on Fri May 19, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

As much as I hate them I kinda teared up a bit. I'm really sorry she had a miscarriage. But I still can't fathom why they jumped the gun with announcing. I just don't get it.
bffb3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by bffb3 »

Lmao the doctor never confirmed her pregnancy and now they're saying she's having a miscarriage. Bleeding, back pain, lightheadedness... Girl, you just got your period.
booboo2017
Informer
Informer

Unread post by booboo2017 »

She was never pregnant... she isn't having a miscarriage!! It's probably her period
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

While I agree they haven't handled their TTC journey and pregnancy as sensitively as they could have. Absoloutley no one deserves the heartbreak of losing a baby, no matter how early the stage. I'm personally going to step away from this forum for a while because I know that soon it will be flooded again with comments accusing them of faking the miscarriage, faking the pregnancy, comments about how they're handling it. I myself have PCOS and I know I'm more sensitive to this but at the end of the day they are people and this loss is very real for them. I hope everyone posting remembers that there are many other posters on this board struggling with their own IF and losses at the moment.

lily_moon
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lily_moon »

I dunno. This same thing happened to me like 2 weeks ago. I had probably ten visibly positive pregnancy tests then 2 days later started bleeding and I bled for almost 2 weeks. I barely told anyone. But these fools make a huge deal out of it. I don't know for some reason it pisses me off. Sorry if my reaction is not appropriate!

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'll never understand the fake theatrical pregnancy announcement and I hope they learn to film the real moments and act normal next time.

Sad for the loss, not what I wanted to happen. Think Jared handled it well.

PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

Hmmm..... this is why you don't announce a pregnancy that's "supposed to be" about 6 weeks along, when all you got was a faint positive. Obviously there was something wrong.
I don't wish it on anyone, I've been there and it's the worst. But I hope this humbles them. Now they can see what real issues feel like, and the pain that their ivf winners are feeling. Now Ellie will know how fucked up it is for someone to call her just to let her know they are pregnant.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

They're definitely saying it's a miscarriage. I'm not sure what to believe. They never even confirmed if her hCG was ever at or above 25. Did they ever really get a positive pregnancy test? I think it's definitely likely that she was not pregnant and just got her period. I guess we'll never know.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”