E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

CoffeeLovinMama
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - The Phantom Fetus! Part 25

Unread post by CoffeeLovinMama »

gymchick43 wrote:Okay I don't think they faked a pregnancy, I'm sure it was chemical miscarriage like the tags on the video say...but that is still a loss! Everyone reacts differently. HCG only shows up if your pregnant, she filmed herself waiting at the doctors and filmed the doctor office calling her back....I hardly doubt they went to that extent to fake anything. I believe that she was pregnant. Only issue I ever had to their dumb staged announcement (and calling IF/loss friends about pregnancy on Mother's Day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone has hcg in their body whether you are pregnant or not. Your body produces it naturally. When your levels reach a certain number, it is considered pregnant.
ellawski
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ellawski »

Well, we saw this coming. It's sad.
Why announce so early with such a faint positive?? I personally don't think she was ever pregnant, but still, as HS said, she thought she was, so this is still a loss for her.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I didn't think Jared seemed sincere during his talk at all. No tears is weird for Jared.

Know how Ellie didn't agree with Cal seeing a PT so she just stayed out of it? That is what this feels like with Jared. He didn't go to Ellie's appointment to film her excited blood draw, they never mentioned a due date, he didn't stay home to take care of her in her fragile state (he could have just sent the boys off with the Mechams). It was more or less business as usual for him.

I hope we are spared having to watch them tell Jackson!
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

clickclack wrote:
Refrigerator_Light wrote:When you are never pregnant.... and then you bleed, that is your period! The drama is real with these too....

We all called this from the beginning. Does Ellie not know that clots and a heavy period can be normal at the beginning of your period?

If it's not, then I "miscarry" every month.
Bingo. Clots and a heavy period...like you said, that's me every cycle. There was never any confirmation of pregnancy from a medical professional, and her test was likely an evap line. I think they saw what they wanted to see and ran with it. I don't think they faked anything intentionally, but they certainly don't want to have to own up to them being wrong. They can take this and claim a miscarriage, which I think is sick in and of itself to do given the events that have transpired thus far. Now Ellie can be a part of the loss community, like it's some badge of honor for her. I feel bad for her because she wanted something so bad and didn't get it, but I don't really have any sympathy beyond that. I truly believe they brought this pain on themselves with their overzealous and rash response to a ClearBlue test.
Furthermore it's her first period since getting her IUD out. If clotting isn't the norm for her (it certainly is for me) it could be the result of that. I 100% believe that she got her period.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

gymchick43 wrote:Okay I don't think they faked a pregnancy, I'm sure it was chemical miscarriage like the tags on the video say...but that is still a loss! Everyone reacts differently. HCG only shows up if your pregnant, she filmed herself waiting at the doctors and filmed the doctor office calling her back....I hardly doubt they went to that extent to fake anything. I believe that she was pregnant. Only issue I ever had to their dumb staged announcement (and calling IF/loss friends about pregnancy on Mother's Day)

Elevated hCG does not confirm a pregnancy. An hCG of 25 or above confirms a pregnancy. Implantation has to occur for this to happen. She never shared her hCG levels, so we'll never know.

I agree that Ellie truly believed she was pregnant and I'm sure it's a very sad time for her. But they're choosing to report this as a miscarriage when based on what they've shared there is no concrete reason to think she was actually pregnant in the first place. They never went back to get a second round of blood work done. They've never showed a positive pregnancy test. They've never shared her numbers. It's super shady. And let's not forget that after Joan's miscarriage, Ellie called her up to announce her "pregnancy" on Mother's Day. So while I would never wish a miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, false positive or misread pregnancy test on anyone, they're both assholes for how they've turned this into vlog fodder and how they mislead people. They've lost all perspective.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I didn't think Jared seemed sincere during his talk at all. No tears is weird for Jared.

Know how Ellie didn't agree with Cal seeing a PT so she just stayed out of it? That is what this feels like with Jared. He didn't go to Ellie's appointment to film her excited blood draw, they never mentioned a due date, he didn't stay home to take care of her in her fragile state (he could have just sent the boys off with the Mechams). It was more or less business as usual for him.
Jared cries if he steps on a daisy so super shady. And if Ellie was in actual fragile state or not (I vote latter) he was far too busy checking his box on their spreadsheet of Reality Show Episode: Miscarriage_But_Probably_Not_Really.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Okay.. while I totally feel for them and know that this was a loss to them regardless of what the "truth" is/was, I still feel like this whole situation was a little too "perfect" for lack of a better word. Like a perfect storm if you will. I know they're going through a hard time, but I still can't help but feel like they knew something was up and intentionally still decided to announce to up the vlog material. And I feel awful even suggesting that, but it just seems too concocted. Essentially:

1. Ellie felt pregnant for a few weeks but was getting a bunch of negatives.

2. They kept trying test after test because of how convinced Ellie was, and probably had an idea that something was wrong the whole time because of the discrepancy between Ellie's body/feelings and the pregnancy tests.

3. When the very very very very faint line was enough to satisfy Ellie, they announced anyway just so they wouldn't be "missing out" on anything in the vlogs, even though they probably knew something was wrong or that the pregnancy wasn't going to stick.

4. They keep hcg levels and doctor's appointment out of the vlog. I'm betting Ellie was told to expect to miscarry soon, if they did confirm she was pregnant, but to wait until Thursday to see how the hcg levels were doing.

5. Because they had such a quick and relieving (to them, after getting so many negatives) pregnancy announcement, the miscarriage holds MUCH more weight.

TLDR; E+J were BEGGING Ellie's body to give them a positive test because they already suspected something was wrong and wanted to be able to have exactly the emotional roller coaster in the vlogs that's currently happening.

Either way, I'm sorry for them but like others have said, I hope this humbled them a bit.

Edit: Will Ellie have a follow up doctor's appointment soon? I don't know how miscarriages are handled in that way. And if she does, do you think they'll talk about it or confirm anything about the pregnancy at that point?

Last edited by littlebaby on Fri May 19, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

You're right Hashtag! I was thinking the doctor's diagnosis of a miscarriage was based off her 48 hr numbers, but it was based solely off the bleeding. If her hCG was above 25 the first time, they would still want to do that bloodwork to make sure the numbers go back down. If it was around 4 or 5 to start with though (which is what I think)......

If Ellie was so sure she was pregnant I'm shocked she didn't head to urgent care when she started bleeding. I KNOW you aren't supposed to because there is nothing they can do, but I'm surprised Ellie knew that.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Scar2016 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I didn't think Jared seemed sincere during his talk at all. No tears is weird for Jared.

Jared cries if he steps on a daisy so super shady. And if Ellie was in actual fragile state or not (I vote latter) he was far too busy checking his box on their spreadsheet of Reality Show Episode: Miscarriage_But_Probably_Not_Really.
Also, Jared said Ellie knew what was going on when she woke up that morning. This means that Jared knew the whole time while he was filming all that ridiculous footage of him goofing off for the vlog today. Then he gets serious for a sit-down monologue about a miscarriage. It's just not consistent.
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

Still don't know what's real or not. I'm more inclined to believe she wasn't pregnant, we never heard that from a doctor. Why leave that kind of confirmation out? It's sad that there is doubt and speculation if she really was pregnant, but they did it to themselves. They lie and hide so much while saying they're being open and transparent. So I still don't feel bad...and now we will hear how nobody else's miscarriage pain compares to Ellie's pain. Hers is the absolute worst of anyone else in the whole universe.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

littlebaby wrote:Okay.. while I totally feel for them and know that this was a loss to them regardless of what the "truth" is/was, I still feel like this whole situation was a little too "perfect" for lack of a better word. Like a perfect storm if you will. I know they're going through a hard time, but I still can't help but feel like they knew something was up and intentionally still decided to announce to up the vlog material. And I feel awful even suggesting that, but it just seems too concocted. Essentially:

1. Ellie felt pregnant for a few weeks but was getting a bunch of negatives.

2. They kept trying test after test because of how convinced Ellie was, and probably had an idea that something was wrong the whole time because of the discrepancy between Ellie's body/feelings and the pregnancy tests.

3. When the very very very very faint line was enough to satisfy Ellie, they announced anyway just so they wouldn't be "missing out" on anything in the vlogs, even though they probably knew something was wrong or that the pregnancy wasn't going to stick.

4. They keep hcg levels and doctor's appointment out of the vlog. I'm betting Ellie was told to expect to miscarry soon, if they did confirm she was pregnant, but to wait until Thursday to see how the hcg levels were doing.

5. Because they had such a quick and relieving (to them, after getting so many negatives) pregnancy announcement, the miscarriage holds MUCH more weight.

TLDR; E+J were BEGGING Ellie's body to give them a positive test because they already suspected something was wrong and wanted to be able to have exactly the emotional roller coaster in the vlogs that's currently happening.

Either way, I'm sorry for them but like others have said, I hope this humbled them a bit.

Edit: Will Ellie have a follow up doctor's appointment soon? I don't know how miscarriages are handled in that way. And if she does, do you think they'll talk about it or confirm anything about the pregnancy at that point?

Ding Ding Ding

I think we have a winner!

This is the only thing that makes sense. They got an evaporation line and ran with it. I agree that this all holds more weight in the vlogs because they took photos and told the boys....

Yet the way they seemed to treat it differently in their personal life does make it seem like they knew it wasn't going to last all along. In a much different way than Joan and Jon who also expected a possible loss, but just wanted to enjoy the moment nonetheless.
Jjsmommy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jjsmommy »

See what I don't understand is , you can sit down and tell us you're "losing your baby" but we can't know what the HCG levels were? Or see any other pregnancy test? For someone claiming to be 6 weeks, I doubt she took ONE test with a faint line and didn't take a digital or any others? There's no way.. I went through this exact situation barely a month ago and I took a test everyday and then I went to my appt and they said my levels were too low and it would probably happen that night and it did. She hasn't shared what her levels were..
I really think this is a period for getting her BC out.. its normal for your first one after to either be really hard and heavy and painful or barely there and super light..

I just still think something fishy is going on... *sue me*
clickclack
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by clickclack »

What's also strange is Ellie's absence in today's vlog. I mean, all this "transparency and openness", but then she's non-existent for this video? I think it's purely embarrassment. I would be embarrassed too if I'd acted like she had all along. She was wrong, and she can't handle it. Everyone was expecting the update today, so she left it to Jared to do alone while she comes to terms with the fact that she was wrong.

What a mess...
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Scar2016 wrote:

Yes, but Jared's crying always seems fake and forced to me. He never used to cry so much in the old vlogs.

I definitely think they knew something after the phone call with her drs office. I went back and watched that part and there was a cut after Ellie said, but it is there, though. Look at their faces after the cut. It definitely wasn't good news...
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

It's interesting that she started bleeding the day she was supposed to go back to the doctor.

SweetDreams
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SweetDreams »

After watching the video that was posted from when Jackson was a baby, I am starting to feel a little bad for Ellie. She was so much happier then and is completely different now. The contrast makes her seem incredibly sad now. And I don't mean just with this whole phantom fetus thing, I mean in general and all the time. Makes me wonder what she is really dealing with (or not dealing with) emotionally. ive heard there is a lot of pressure in a Mormon family for the wife/Mom to be "perfect." Has she talked about post partum depression before? I think she has based on posts I've read here, but I didn't watch much back then. It seems to me like it could be a serious mental illness and/or depression.

With all of that said, I still hate that they seem to be calling this a miscarriage. It is a slap in the face to the loss community. so many people here called this, yet we don't have anything to prove that this is being faked/exaggerated (of course we don't, they have all control over what we see!). I would have so much respect for them if they just put it out there that they jumped the gun on the pregnancy announcement and gave all of the details of what really happened. It is normal to get your hopes up and feel sad when you are let down. This happens every day to a lot of people who are Ttc. But it is hurtful to exaggerate your experience and lie to the people who you need for your livelihood. It makes it very hard to feel anything for them but spite.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

If they lying about Ellie being pregnant I have zero sympathy for them. Only they know the truth. I sadly have the feeling they are due to the missing pieces not shown to us. This is coming from a person who had a chemical pregnancy with real pink lines - faint but visible and was told from a nurse on the phone I wasn't pregnant and she insulated I never was. I think Ellie needs mental health help no matter the situation.

I even believed Sam and Nia when they went through their stuff too. That's a whole other story and another family I can longer watch it support.
Last edited by workfromhomemom on Fri May 19, 2017 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

clickclack wrote:What's also strange is Ellie's absence in today's vlog. I mean, all this "transparency and openness", but then she's non-existent for this video? I think it's purely embarrassment. I would be embarrassed too if I'd acted like she had all along. She was wrong, and she can't handle it. Everyone was expecting the update today, so she left it to Jared to do alone while she comes to terms with the fact that she was wrong.

What a mess...
Ellie always hides or removes herself from situations she was wrong about (Cal's neck), or can't be bothered to deal with (opening mail).

They are usually all over filming her when she's an emotional wreck! Jared missed the opportunity to at least make a sad Ellie thumbnail? Really?
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I have heavy bleeding with clots and back pain every month. I am perimenapausal. I don't think the doctor confirmed she was miscarrying when he never confirmed he was pregnant

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Their channel is like a support group in the comments. Ellie should have been in the vlog. I'm not watching today, all along, I thought it was a bizarre situation.
:HK: :HK: :HK: :HK: :HK: :HK:
She'll forever have the monetization from a Mother's Day pregnancy video. That's a positive
Don't be frowny, Happiness is a choice
:HK: :HK: :HK: :HK: :HK: :HK:

Return to “Ellie and Jared”