Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Scar2016 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Ha, it definitely seems like Joel is getting a little frustrated with Bonnie. The first time I really noticed it was right before they left for Disney and she was going on about MY baby. And then again today when she said it was a mild case of ringworm and he goes, no Bonnie it doesn't go away over night, its a fungus.

hahaha, the look on his face, he totally looked like he was annoyed with her for being so stupid and being so adamant she is right when its not even possible!
It's an interesting and still new dynamic in their relationship, having them both home together 24/7. Other vloggers have been doing it for years so I wonder how things are behind the scenes, what with Bonnie being so *ahem* spirited and the channel essentially being her start up company/channel. That old phrase familiarity breeds contempt comes to mind lol.
I've always wondered about these vloggers with both parents home 24/7. How do they manage it?! There have been times where my husband and I were both home, and it drove us both nuts. This is not a desirable arrangement IMO.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Ha, it definitely seems like Joel is getting a little frustrated with Bonnie. The first time I really noticed it was right before they left for Disney and she was going on about MY baby. And then again today when she said it was a mild case of ringworm and he goes, no Bonnie it doesn't go away over night, its a fungus.

hahaha, the look on his face, he totally looked like he was annoyed with her for being so stupid and being so adamant she is right when its not even possible!
It's an interesting and still new dynamic in their relationship, having them both home together 24/7. Other vloggers have been doing it for years so I wonder how things are behind the scenes, what with Bonnie being so *ahem* spirited and the channel essentially being her start up company/channel. That old phrase familiarity breeds contempt comes to mind lol.
I've always wondered about these vloggers with both parents home 24/7. How do they manage it?! There have been times where my husband and I were both home, and it drove us both nuts. This is not a desirable arrangement IMO.
Well, Bonnie claimed she didn't desire it either. Haha. She did admit they fight every day when she was being really sentimental about the "relationship goals!" Type of comments. I am a firm believer in: believe a person when they tell you about their undesirable behaviors.

Bonnie admits to a lot of things like being impatient, yelling a lot, being mean, fighting with her husband often, etc. She is very good at coming off as a fun-loving, down-to-earth, quirky person, so like she says she's presenting what she wants of the day. Based on her own admissions, imagine how much bickering is behind the scenes. I imagine that a relationship with Bonnie is very draining in a traditional working situation. So I'm sure Bonnie has greatly wore down some of Joel's saintly patience in the last year barely leaving her side for her beck and call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:

Well, Bonnie claimed she didn't desire it either. Haha. She did admit they fight every day when she was being really sentimental about the "relationship goals!" Type of comments. I am a firm believer in: believe a person when they tell you about their undesirable behaviors.

Bonnie admits to a lot of things like being impatient, yelling a lot, being mean, fighting with her husband often, etc. She is very good at coming off as a fun-loving, down-to-earth, quirky person, so like she says she's presenting what she wants of the day. Based on her own admissions, imagine how much bickering is behind the scenes. I imagine that a relationship with Bonnie is very draining in a traditional working situation. So I'm sure Bonnie has greatly wore down some of Joel's saintly patience in the last year barely leaving her side for her beck and call.
I recall that conversation. It was before they went to New York at the beginning of the year. Bonnie said they (read: she) were going to try really_hard to not argue for one whole month. And I agree with you, when someone tells you something negative about themselves, especially voluntarily - believe them!

Bonnie has a good_for_camera persona, in the sense that her spirited up beat character films well. But as with her blog posts and comments such as her admitting to them fighting every day and also the most recent chat she had to camera about only showing the best bits (read: side) of their (read: her) day; absolutely there is a whole other side to Bonnie and some of which we have actually witnessed in the vlogs.

I also agree with your comment about Joel's patience likely being slowly eviscerated due to such close and constant proximity over the last year, despite and clearly notwithstanding how much he loves her. It's just the nature of the beast of being constantly around highly demanding and high energy people. Add to that Bonnie's general intellect and lack of knowledge base on so many every day topics then yes, logic stands that even the patience of a saint - Joel - would be tested.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Um, where were the kids when Joel was getting the drone footage?
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

Today's video 5/19. Waste of my time. Basically drone footage 9f Utah, eating an orange, buying fruit at store. Definite click bait for title did not match vlog.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Thanks for the link to the blog. I actually like Bonnie even more than before, even though I sometimes question some of the weird identical behaviour she resembles with her sisters.
Both her and Joel seem to be the same genuine real people and I'm really happy for them and what they've achieved at such young age with their channel. Some people have been vlogging for years and are still no where with their channel.
TaraLas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TaraLas »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 5a459e.png[/img]

Her hair looks amazing! Looks like she added extensions as well.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think Bonnie and Joel just have a dynamic where they challenge eachother and aren't afraid to disagree. They have mentioned moments where Joel is grumpy and frustrated, and also where Bonnie is. They've been pretty open about it, but not to an stent where it ever seems like they are struggling within the relationship. It's easy to take it out on your partner when you become overwhelmed. It's how you act afterwards, and your ability to recognize this about yourself that makes or breaks a relationship. You can tell when a relationship is "put on" for social media or the camera, and I think Bonnie and Joel seem happy with one another. There are many YT relationships that I wonder about, but B&Js isn't one of them. I agree in believing what people tell you, but I'm not sure where this is getting taken beyond what Bonnie says. I can't imagine a mother that doesn't get frustrated and have her ups and downs. I appreciate the openness.

I do agree that they are likely to fight more with Joel home. Bonnie did just fine the other day when he left, and she probably enjoyed the space again. I love my husband, but I would kill him if he were home everyday and we did everything together.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think Bonnie and Joel just have a dynamic where they challenge eachother and aren't afraid to disagree. They have mentioned moments where Joel is grumpy and frustrated, and also where Bonnie is. They've been pretty open about it, but not to an stent where it ever seems like they are struggling within the relationship. It's easy to take it out on your partner when you become overwhelmed. It's how you act afterwards, and your ability to recognize this about yourself that makes or breaks a relationship. You can tell when a relationship is "put on" for social media or the camera, and I think Bonnie and Joel seem happy with one another. There are many YT relationships that I wonder about, but B&Js isn't one of them. I agree in believing what people tell you, but I'm not sure where this is getting taken beyond what Bonnie says. I can't imagine a mother that doesn't get frustrated and have her ups and downs. I appreciate the openness.

I do agree that they are likely to fight more with Joel home. Bonnie did just fine the other day when he left, and she probably enjoyed the space again. I love my husband, but I would kill him if he were home everyday and we did everything together.
I agree with everything you say. I don't think they are struggling. I think it's just how their relationship is, but that can be exhausting. I wouldn't want that dynamic, but it works for them

hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

TaraLas wrote:

I'm not sure what it is about that photo but she looks amazing! Maybe it's the hair, or the makeup. Maybe whoever took the picture got just the right angle but she looks so good and so much younger than she normally looks!
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
TaraLas wrote:

I'm not sure what it is about that photo but she looks amazing! Maybe it's the hair, or the makeup. Maybe whoever took the picture got just the right angle but she looks so good and so much younger than she normally looks!
She got hair exten$tion$.Meanwhile Joel still can't have a dependable car that fits the kidses.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

hey girl hey007 wrote:
TaraLas wrote:

She looks like Rachel Bilson in that pic to me.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Parkerwar wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote:
TaraLas wrote:

She got hair exten$tion$.Meanwhile Joel still can't have a dependable car that fits the kidses.
We hear this on every board. People hate the YTer putting in most of the work, so they try to victimize the spouse. Missy isn't allowed to spend money either according to some on the DB board, and Katie isn't appreciated by a lazy and immature Cullen.

They are all reaping the rewards of YT. Joel is no different.

The criticism should be about him driving that car with the kids in it period. Bonnie and Joel don't need 2 vehicles, they need better safety consciousness.

When he gets a truck (and I think he will) people will absolutely hate it.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

I think Joel is conservative with money and just doesn't see a need to buy another vehicle at the moment. Some people just have a hard time spending money, but this shouldn't mean Bonnie can't get her hair done. That's a bit ridiculous.

Her hair looks great in that picture! I wonder if Ellie was supposed to attend that event as well and didn't because of the loss?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

IceCreamCone wrote:I think Joel is conservative with money and just doesn't see a need to buy another vehicle at the moment. Some people just have a hard time spending money, but this shouldn't mean Bonnie can't get her hair done. That's a bit ridiculous.

Her hair looks great in that picture! I wonder if Ellie was supposed to attend that event as well and didn't because of the loss?
I get the impression that Joel has a different opinion about money. He grew up in an atypical LDS household with a working mother, so I assume money was a bit tight. He probably learned to be quite frugal as a result of this.

Personal: I have a husband that stretches his haircuts out just to save money. Saving is EVERYTHING to him. Like Joel, he drives an old car when he has the money to get a new one. The difference is, he NEVER drives the kids so it didn't matter. If he does need to take them somewhere, we switch vehicles. It's all about how seriously you take safety. My mom lives 2 blocks away, but if he needs to pick the kids up and he only has the car, he walks with them and doesn't chance it. Bonnie and Joel aren't apart enough to NEED two vehicles, they just need a serious lesson in car seat safety.

I'm not sure another new vehicle would be all that different unless they made a point of buying car seats and just kept them in both all the time.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Exactly. Bonnie won't drive Joel's car, and he doesn't see an issue with taking all four kids in his car with only Lincoln in a car seat (from what I could see) and Olivia sitting up front. If Bonnie's not willing to sacrifice comfort or style for her kids' safety, and drive Joel's car when they're apart, and he doesn't see an issue with it, _that_ is my problem with them. Joel seems perfectly happy with that car, and that's fine. But. The few times Bonnie does go off on her own, she should be willing to leave the better car with all the car seats.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Awh, I came here to say how cute I thought today's vlog was (despite the click bate, but that's not what made me watch anyway, so, eh) and was surprised to see that no one else had said the same. I fast forwarded through the drone footage cause that's just not really my thing, but the rest of it was pretty entertaining to me, lol. I thought the scene with the oranges was super cute (maybe, partially because I am Boston and always want string cheese too haha). I don't know..I think Joel's vlogs are always pretty entertaining. Am I alone on this? It seems to me that he puts a little more effort into it than just walking around, sloppily filming while talking to the camera like most vloggers do.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Awh, I came here to say how cute I thought today's vlog was (despite the click bate, but that's not what made me watch anyway, so, eh) and was surprised to see that no one else had said the same. I fast forwarded through the drone footage cause that's just not really my thing, but the rest of it was pretty entertaining to me, lol. I thought the scene with the oranges was super cute (maybe, partially because I am Boston and always want string cheese too haha). I don't know..I think Joel's vlogs are always pretty entertaining. Am I alone on this? It seems to me that he puts a little more effort into it than just walking around, sloppily filming while talking to the camera like most vloggers do.
I like Joel's vlogs too. I think he tries to at least capture his family and moments he'd like to remember, while also making interesting style choices. When he inserts humour, it usually hits the mark. Then again, I feel the same way about Cullen and I know a lot of people disagree.

And Boston and Lincoln are just so adorable lately. I wish my two year old could eat as well as Lincoln. That kid packs it away!

Glad to hear they are trying to eat better. Hope it sticks!
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by actuallydear »

I came across this pic on Instagram. Someone posted it of her husband and baby.

I looked at the guy and thought "holy shit. He looks like a male version of Bonnie" and then I looked at the kid and thought "holy shit. That kid could actually pass for a Hoellein kid!"
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 879a37.png[/img]
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

actuallydear wrote:I came across this pic on Instagram. Someone posted it of her husband and baby.

I looked at the guy and thought "holy shit. He looks like a male version of Bonnie" and then I looked at the kid and thought "holy shit. That kid could actually pass for a Hoellein kid!"
I think he looks more like a Mecham. He has that toothy smile they all have. I'm not seeing any resemblance in the baby when it comes to either family though lol.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”