Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Playsinrain wrote:I doubt they will buy, not only does it seem they wouldnt be able to afford anything like what they want in that area, but i also don't see them staying in Portland forever.
Interesting. Where do you think they'd move? I sort of see them staying in PDX for quite some time. Portland is a good city if you don't mind all the rain - which is the #1 reason I left. The housing market (buying or renting) is definitely getting WAY TOO expensive, which is the #2 reason I left. I do miss the outdoor opportunities, restaurants and my family/friends there. My former college roommate is actually getting married this summer at the park they "hiked" at the other day.

I think they will stay as long as the YT money train allows them to live there. I can't imagine them ever moving back to Idaho.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Yes, Corbin is always doing the grocery shopping. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds that odd. Have we ever seen Kelsey so much as grocery shop or run errands by herself? I wonder if he even lets her have a debit card.

His shopping sprees make no sense when you look at their falling views. Hiking shoes, running shoes, new camera, new Forester, etc. I'm wondering if they leased the car rather than purchasing because they figured their monthly payment would be less than what they were spending to rent a car daily. I very much doubt these two had a down payment or the credit score to get a car loan.

Kelsey went out to spend time with her mom for a couple hours, and Corbin made sure to pat himself on the back for paren
ting his own kid for two hours by himself and made sure that Kelsey felt guilty by pointing out that the baby cried for a whole 20 minutes. Oh please. I would be pretty annoyed if I was in Kelsey's position and my husband was making me feel bad for spending a few hours with my mom getting a pedicure for Mother's Day weekend. Actually, I can't imagine my husband ever doing that. It's so manipulative and childish.
I get the feeling that some of Kelsey's traits - the whining, the entitlement, the 'i know best!' attitude - come from being with Corbin, who is obviously pretty controlling, since high school. I think being with just him all the time probably makes his worldview seem normal and true when it obviously isn't and she really has no support outside of him. I mean ultimately, she's chosen to be with him so I guess it's possible that Kelsey's no prize either but the way that she's so helpless on her own and super clingy to him seems like a kind of learned dependance. I sometimes catch glimpses of a likeable Kelsey and I think she'd be really interesting to watch if she broke up with Corbin and had to really be on her own for the first time ever. I see her still being pretty hippyish but a lot more capable and less irritating.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Have they mentioned anything about him not working?

They're becoming the Lumps with the daily buying. Since they bought the big new camera now he needs an expensive holder. What next?

Haha had to laugh June bug didn't need to be walked/worn by papa to go to sleep. You could tell he was hoping she'd wake up and "need" him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

janem wrote:Have they mentioned anything about him not working?

They're becoming the Lumps with the daily buying. Since they bought the big new camera now he needs an expensive holder. What next?
I noticed they are shopping at New Seasons now...that's like the local PDX version of Whole Foods and rather expensive. They seem to be blowing through the money that's coming in. Hope they are saving or budgeting for the future. New $$$ YTers seem to pretend this "job" will last forever. It doesn't. A lot of the OG vloggers are obviously really struggling.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I think he's making big purchases in hopes that it will raise views, this pay for themselves.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

So Kelsey is hoping June likes the wraps because she has always wanted to wear her, uhh what the hell does she think Corbin does with the carrier all the time! So is it only baby wearing when it's a cute fashionable wrap, seriously she never carries her Corbin does do u think he won't let her and she's hoping he won't want to use the "girlier" looking carriers!

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I hope the "natural cream" (I'm sure Kelsey and Corbin have no idea what it even is) works, because yeast infections aren't something to mess around with. My dog had a staph infection on her stomach (I know, not the same thing) and had to take two rounds of oral antibiotics. Nasty stuff.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I doubt they will buy, not only does it seem they wouldnt be able to afford anything like what they want in that area, but i also don't see them staying in Portland forever.
Interesting. Where do you think they'd move? I sort of see them staying in PDX for quite some time. Portland is a good city if you don't mind all the rain - which is the #1 reason I left. The housing market (buying or renting) is definitely getting WAY TOO expensive, which is the #2 reason I left. I do miss the outdoor opportunities, restaurants and my family/friends there. My former college roommate is actually getting married this summer at the park they "hiked" at the other day.

I think they will stay as long as the YT money train allows them to live there. I can't imagine them ever moving back to Idaho.
I think the money will dry up and they will have to move, or they will pack up everything and take another trip and not return to PDX
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm a more than a little disturbed that Paris has a lump and bloody stools and they aren't taking him to the vet. They treat this dog like he's a damn kid unless it's something serious!!!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:I'm a more than a little disturbed that Paris has a lump and bloody stools and they aren't taking him to the vet. They treat this dog like he's a damn kid unless it's something serious!!!
Yeah, it's bizarre they spend SO much money on doggie daycare, but they can't be bothered to take him to the vet for a flea treatment and a check-up??? Maybe it's just clickbait and Corbin building "drama," because it's just cruel to let your pet suffer.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Considering that yeast is a fungus, I hope the "natural cream" isn't an antibacterial like they said. But I wouldn't expect these two to know the difference between an anti-bacterial and an anti-fungal.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Considering that yeast is a fungus, I hope the "natural cream" isn't an antibacterial like they said. But I wouldn't expect these two to know the difference between an anti-bacterial and an anti-fungal.
Good point and did Corbin call the homeopathic dr a pediatrician??

shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

I don't think I've ever commented on this thread but I do watch these folks more often than I'd like to admit. I feel like their guests never wash their hands before holding the baby. Also Corbin is literally the whiniest male I've ever seen.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Well, all of Kelsey's family has come to visit...but not a peep about why Corbin's still haven't - well, except his little brother.

I'm guessing the summer road trip is to Missy and Bryan's to see the new pool...and why they needed a swimsuit for June. They are definitely going somewhere warm. It's not warm enough to go in the water in Oregon (rivers, lakes and especially the ocean) most of the year - especially for a baby June's age!
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Stealing the whole "trapped" thing from DB .. I'm embarrassed for them
[Dusty]Sidebar
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by [Dusty]Sidebar »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I'm a more than a little disturbed that Paris has a lump and bloody stools and they aren't taking him to the vet. They treat this dog like he's a damn kid unless it's something serious!!!
Yeah, it's bizarre they spend SO much money on doggie daycare, but they can't be bothered to take him to the vet for a flea treatment and a check-up??? Maybe it's just clickbait and Corbin building "drama," because it's just cruel to let your pet suffer.
wait.. why do they need doggie daycare - i thought neither of them worked??
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

[Dusty]Sidebar wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
wait.. why do they need doggie daycare - i thought neither of them worked??
Because they NEVER leave Paris alone in the apartment. So if they go anywhere Paris can't go, he has to go to daycare.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They used to leave Paris alone at home when they lived in Southern Oregon. I wonder what happened. Maybe they just got tired of cleaning up messes? Maybe Paris barks a lot if left alone and living in apartments they would get complaints?? Who knows, but it's expensive to take him to daycare as much as they do. That YT $$$ must be getting GOOD!

But I do have to add that the vlogs are getting SOOOOOO boring. Anyone else notice Corbin NEVER talks about his "other" job anymore...I think that's even more evidence he quit. I guess their roadtrip to DBs will bring in more subs, views and $$$. :roll: :roll: :roll:
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

They are lucky they have M&B. No one would care about them otherwise and they would have nothing.

Ive thought about doing YouTube myself a few times over the past few years, but something always holds me back. All of these people eventually just come across as fake and doing whatever it takes to get views. I would be disgusted with myself if that was ever me.

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

My husband and I did it for a month and decided it wasn't for us. I was the one editing the videos, and I was new at it, so it took me forever. My husband was super awkward in front of the camera lol, so I felt like I was forcing him to vlog. If we ever did it again, there is no way I would do dailies. By the end of the month I just wanted a day off.

I love that we filmed when we got our sweet puppy, though :-) and we went on a trip which was great. I think daily life is just too boring, so it was hard to be motivated to film when we were just hanging out watching Netflix haha

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”