Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by ja14 »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: Do they still have that changing table that they said they hated when they got it assembled and put in his room? I didn't pay that much attention when they were showing all the room, i was at work watching and just listening to that part. I think they ordered one that had some colored drawers, but when they got it they were not happy with it at all. Im surprised if its the same one from the old house, i would have thought they would have tossed it and bought a new one. I didn't like that first changing table either..
Yes, the one with the fabric drawers. They were talking about where to put it in his new room. I would just get rid of it. At this age, it's pretty hard to change a mobile baby on a changing table. Once my kids were able to roll, all diaper changes happened on the floor because a changing table was not safe anymore, even though I kept my hands on them at all times.
same... i never used a changing table at all actually! We used waterproof blanket/pads and put them on the couch or floor and changed them there. I had a nice little picnic basket type thing that we packed all the diaper changing stuff in and carried it to where ever we needed to change a diaper. We lived in a smaller house when mine were in diapers and changing tables seemed like a huge waste of space to me. They should lose that table all together and put in another dresser or a toy box or something else for storage.
My son is one, and we always use his changing table! When he is on it, he doesn't try to move or roll.... If I try to change him in the floor it's nearly impossible lol. We don't have an actual changing table though, we have a keekaroo changing pad on a dresser.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So are they going to tell Gaines that Jackson's Mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly anymore? People are upset that E&J told Jackson and Calvin, but I am gobsmacked that Cullen, who's been through loss, told Gaines! Gotta get that reaction for the vlog!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

lmmomSD wrote:So are they going to tell Gaines that Jackson's Mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly anymore? People are upset that E&J told Jackson and Calvin, but I am gobsmacked that Cullen, who's been through loss, told Gaines! Gotta get that reaction for the vlog!

I doubt they'll bring it up again, and in the future, won't mention pregnancies to the kids, theirs or someone else's, until after the first trimester. As smart as Gaines is, I doubt she'll remember the next time she sees Ellie and Jared. I agree that it was pretty dumb to tell Gaines in the first place.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I wonder what Grand Dolly and Grand Doc really think about the vlogging now that both of their daughters are doing it. I'm sure they're supportive of their choice to post on YouTube, and seem comfortable enough on camera. Hell, they even voluntarily vlog when they have Gaines. But I was just watching today's JK vlog, and Katie and Kelly took their mom out for lunch and for mani/pedis, and at times both of them had their cameras on Grand Dolly. If I was out on a special Mother's Day outing with my daughters, I'd be kind of annoyed, and possibly wonder if half of the reason we were out was for good footage. C&K haven't posted their vlog today, so it'll be interesting to see how much footage they include.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I felt so bad for Gaines when Katie scolded her for throwing the ping pong paddle. I guess Katie wasn't paying attention, because it was clearly an accident. She didn't mean to throw it. It must be so confusing as a little child to get scolded like that when you accidentally did something. My heart broke hearing her sad cry. :(
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:I wonder what Grand Dolly and Grand Doc really think about the vlogging now that both of their daughters are doing it. I'm sure they're supportive of their choice to post on YouTube, and seem comfortable enough on camera. Hell, they even voluntarily vlog when they have Gaines. But I was just watching today's JK vlog, and Katie and Kelly took their mom out for lunch and for mani/pedis, and at times both of them had their cameras on Grand Dolly. If I was out on a special Mother's Day outing with my daughters, I'd be kind of annoyed, and possibly wonder if half of the reason we were out was for good footage. C&K haven't posted their vlog today, so it'll be interesting to see how much footage they include.
Especially after Kelly's speech about spending time with their mom, and appreciating her, and knowing that she won't be here forever. Then when they're with her, instead of _being_ with her and being in the moment, they're vlogging. I would be pissed, honestly. I would be at least thinking, "Turn the damn camera off and spend time with me".

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Them filming a little bit of their hang out isn't a big deal to me. If their outing was 3 hours long (just estimating) and they vlogged 2-3 mins of it... It isn't a big deal, in my opinion. Plus, when Granddolly does pass on, they can watch all these vlogs. I know Cullen has mentioned how happy he is that his dad was in the vlogs so much right before he passed on.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But we don't know how much they filmed vs how much is edited down and put into the vlogs. They could have filmed most of it, and just included 2-3 minutes in the vlog. That's what is weird to me about vlogging.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

lmmomSD wrote:But we don't know how much they filmed vs how much is edited down and put into the vlogs. They could have filmed most of it, and just included 2-3 minutes in the vlog. That's what is weird to me about vlogging.

I never thought about it like that funny enough. I think I just thought they only film things they want in the vlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

Newby here. I do not watch much of C&K so maybe GAINES reaction today is normal for her but I thought Gaines instantly sobbing after being told no was surprising. It was if it was the first time she has ever been told "no".
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

snkjdgs wrote:Newby here. I do not watch much of C&K so maybe GAINES reaction today is normal for her but I thought Gaines instantly sobbing after being told no was surprising. It was if it was the first time she has ever been told "no".
I think she was shocked because she accidentally threw the paddle and didn't know why she was being told no in that instance. She was also probably tired, based on that response. We've seen them tell Gaines no before or correct her behavior.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

PhoenixFeathers wrote:
snkjdgs wrote:Newby here. I do not watch much of C&K so maybe GAINES reaction today is normal for her but I thought Gaines instantly sobbing after being told no was surprising. It was if it was the first time she has ever been told "no".
I think she was shocked because she accidentally threw the paddle and didn't know why she was being told no in that instance. She was also probably tired, based on that response. We've seen them tell Gaines no before or correct her behavior.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
For sure, as it was happening she looked shocked and then she got in trouble. I don't think for a second it's because she's never been told no.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She even put her stuffed turtle in time out the other day. So she's familiar with time out.
So Katie was out of breath walking and vlogging again. I worry about that.

And Cullen said he and Jay spent "hours" playing ping pong the other night. What's this about being too tired to unpack, and being bummed about not getting enough done?

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Is no one going to mention Cullen did work and watched the kids. Another item off their list.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I was impressed with cullen today. He got more done by himself with 2 kids than they both do with 2 kids lol

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I have no doubt she's been told no before. I believe Cullen and Katie discipline her as they should. She cried because she didn't mean to throw the paddle, and didn't understand why she was being told "no" in a disciplinary voice. I think it was totally normal. She was shocked and confused. Even Kelly came to her defense before she started crying because she saw that Gaines didn't purposely throw it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ducklings4 wrote:Is no one going to mention Cullen did work and watched the kids. Another item off their list.

Maybe they get more done when there's only one of them around.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

marshmallowfluf wrote:I was impressed with cullen today. He got more done by himself with 2 kids than they both do with 2 kids lol

I came here to say just that! Go Cullen.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I hardly watch them at all anymore...they've changed a lot. Could Katie's weight gain be because her mom is sick? I've had the feeling before that her mom is sick, but they just don't want to disclose it in vlogs.

I feel bad for Katie. She can't feel comfortable being at her current weight. My other thought is that she's pregnant, but let's not go down that road so soon after the E&J mess.

I really hope they are actually all healthy. Katie is looking like Cullen's mom more and more every time I watch!
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

I think it's a combo of weight gain and those lularoe clothes not doing her any favors

Return to “Cullen and Katie”