JesssFam: She's a GIRL in Case You Didn't BOW (Part 93)

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

JesssFam: She's a GIRL in Case You Didn't BOW (Part 93)

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Title credit: girl_please
Previous part (And Kitty Makes Ten): http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=12947

Previously:
-Jess received her silver play button for hitting 100K subscribers
-The crew made tie-dye shirts and Jess failed at hers
-Jess's insurance denied the surgery or hospital stay or both
-CHRIS GOT THE VASECTOMY!
-More work in the kitchen
-Jess and Chris became Cub Scout leaders
-The family + extended family celebrated Mother's Day
-Addelyn turned 6 months old and tried avocado for the first time
-Lilia had a big dance recital (recap for this one coming ASAP!)

Continue.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: JesssFam: She's a GIRL in Case You Didn't BOW (Part 93)

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

"THE BIG DAY!!!" Recap

Jess just filmed Addie's 6 month update and she (Addie) just woke up from a nap
Talking about the errands they have to run before Lilia's dance recital (mainly just stuff for the boys)
Landen is asleep on the couch and Sadie is curled up beside him
Chris vlogs - Kyson and Kaden's teacher tells him (off-camera) that their behavior has gotten better
At the Boy Scout store to get "den leader" outfits for Jess and Chris (Kyson and Kaden's will be provided by the pack)
Apparently, Chris used to be a Cub Scout. So THAT'S why they're doing this...
Random banter and checking out from the store
Back home, getting ready for Lilia's recital
Lilia and Alyna show off their dance outfits
Jess explains "break a leg" to the girls and says she doesn't want to spend the rest of the night in the ER
Jess and Janell got rainbow roses for the girls
Meeting up with Gigi and Jess's dad (Gigi is Jess's grandmother)
Various short clips of two of Lilia's dances
Addelyn fell asleep during the recital
Two more dances (including daddy/daughter with Gabe) and the finale
Talking to the camera and Gabe afterwards. He wants to do hip hop next year.
Lilia reunites with the family and gets another rose.
Chris and Gabe joke back and forth
More stuff outside the stage (basically Jess saying how proud she is 25886 times)
Talking about putting dances in separate videos from the vlogs because of copyright.
FAQ Friday: Is she appealing the denial? Yes. Timing the surgery - not sure if she will do it when Addie is little (soon) or when she's older and Jess has to keep tabs on her. Chris says it's better sooner rather than later (not in those exact words). She's tired of being in pain and would rather have a few weeks' worth of pain than years of it.
Telling moms to have a glass of wine because they deserve it (I agree with this haha)
End of vlog
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

Positive: I love the short interaction between Jess and Addy at the beginning of the video, so sweet <3 and Daddy-daughter dance, that was one of the nicest things to see :D I'm not going to comment about Lilias dancing, because when I was her age, I played pokemon and watched Sailor Moon, while this girl has in her short 6 years of life been dancing, doing gymnastics, going to school, all while living within the radius of her Moms chaotic life.

negative/concerning: the twins being "good now" somehow doesn't surprise me, but when I heard that, I thought about it a little. I feel like the twins are the one who are the most scarred from Jess troubled past, not only was the constant moving and/or seperation hard, but also what came afterwards was anything but easy and there comes a time where kids are old enough to understand, that Mom is sad and (or because) Dad's gone. From what Jess said to social media, Drake and her were fighting pretty bad (she even suggested that he was going down the "physical rode"), nothing of that can be seen on camera, so I can imagine the twins might have wittnessed pretty aweful stuff.

Also, she keeps mentioning that Kaden wears diapers (she said he only wears them at night), I don't want to diagnose anybody, but he's going to be 6 soon, doesn't this sound a little like bedwetting?
I so hope Chris and her work out for the next few years and can provide a safe and stable invironment, especially for the twins, since they seem to have the most trouble.
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Oh and another big thing, "go have a glass of wine you Moms out there", no Jess, just no! Stop drinking all the time, alcohol won't help anything! You insist on breastfeeding until toddler age, but have to drink on a regular basis, somehow that doesn't go together!

Am I the only one, or did she sound more drunk and/or high than tired at the end? If she starts seeing alcohol as a way to "calm down", or "sleep better", I'm going to flip the table again!

Maybe I'm completely overthinking everything, but honestly, I see a pattern and that makes me slightly concerned!
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Um..kaden wears diapers? I skip through her vids, where did she say that? Wow..

She should probably stop spitting out babies and pay attention to the ones she has.
nomis99
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nomis99 »

Captain Smooth wrote:Positive: I love the short interaction between Jess and Addy at the beginning of the video, so sweet <3 and Daddy-daughter dance, that was one of the nicest things to see :D I'm not going to comment about Lilias dancing, because when I was her age, I played pokemon and watched Sailor Moon, while this girl has in her short 6 years of life been dancing, doing gymnastics, going to school, all while living within the radius of her Moms chaotic life.

negative/concerning: the twins being "good now" somehow doesn't surprise me, but when I heard that, I thought about it a little. I feel like the twins are the one who are the most scarred from Jess troubled past, not only was the constant moving and/or seperation hard, but also what came afterwards was anything but easy and there comes a time where kids are old enough to understand, that Mom is sad and (or because) Dad's gone. From what Jess said to social media, Drake and her were fighting pretty bad (she even suggested that he was going down the "physical rode"), nothing of that can be seen on camera, so I can imagine the twins might have wittnessed pretty aweful stuff.

Also, she keeps mentioning that Kaden wears diapers (she said he only wears them at night), I don't want to diagnose anybody, but he's going to be 6 soon, doesn't this sound a little like bedwetting?
I so hope Chris and her work out for the next few years and can provide a safe and stable invironment, especially for the twins, since they seem to have the most trouble.
It's not Kaden wearing the diapers; it's Landen she keeps mentioning. He wears them at night which isn't too uncommon since he recently turned 3.

Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

nomis99 wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote:Positive: I love the short interaction between Jess and Addy at the beginning of the video, so sweet <3 and Daddy-daughter dance, that was one of the nicest things to see :D I'm not going to comment about Lilias dancing, because when I was her age, I played pokemon and watched Sailor Moon, while this girl has in her short 6 years of life been dancing, doing gymnastics, going to school, all while living within the radius of her Moms chaotic life.

It's not Kaden wearing the diapers; it's Landen she keeps mentioning. He wears them at night which isn't too uncommon since he recently turned 3.

"How I potty train my kids": 8:15, "Kaden still needs diapers most nights", this was in January.
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

honestly though, kaden regressed quite a bit after drake left the second time. she hid it pretty well on camera, but it was still pretty obvious so i can only imagine how much worse it was behind closed doors. it doesnt surprise me that jess never mentioned their behavior being a problem, she hides a lot of her "reality" from the camera. i am surprised she let chris mention them being better though because that's just another example of shit she could've used to make a real life, real mom, relatable video with but instead chose to hide and continue the failing charade that her life is "perfect"
soma31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by soma31 »

I've said it before but good lord, if my mum made a video telling the whole world that I was still wearing nappies as a preschooler I'd be absolutely mortified. These kids are going to grow up with zero understanding of privacy and will probably be bullied for it

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pianogossiper »

Kaden is definitely the worst out of Jessss's lot and I think it's her fault.

He definitely regressed since Drake left (twice) and he's always been a bit behind on things since, but Jessss has also always babied him which has exacerbated his regression.

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I think out of all the kids the twins, but especially Kaden, have been through a lot. With Drake and Jess splitting up/getting back together/fighting all the time/splitting up, 2/4 new siblings to take mom's attention away, being completely abandoned by Drake and knowing he has a new family, having a new stepdad come into their lives who obviously favours Landen, then Kaden watching Addie almost die while Chris and Jess ran around screaming and crying trying to revive her. Plus it's pretty obvious Kaden has a speech delay, he'll be going into kindergarten and I can't understand him at all. You could make a case for ADHD or something similar too based on his actions. Do you think anyone ever sat down and talked to him about any of that stuff and asked him how he felt about it? I doubt it. I think he's just reacting the best way he knows how to a lot of bad situations. I know he seems bad/bratty to some people compared to Kyson but kids process trauma/difficult emotions in lots of different ways and it can affect them differently too. I really don't think he's a bad kid, just one who probably needs some therapy and more attention from his parents and teachers.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
LilaLavender
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaLavender »

luci417 wrote:I think out of all the kids the twins, but especially Kaden, have been through a lot. With Drake and Jess splitting up/getting back together/fighting all the time/splitting up, 2/4 new siblings to take mom's attention away, being completely abandoned by Drake and knowing he has a new family, having a new stepdad come into their lives who obviously favours Landen, then Kaden watching Addie almost die while Chris and Jess ran around screaming and crying trying to revive her. Plus it's pretty obvious Kaden has a speech delay, he'll be going into kindergarten and I can't understand him at all. You could make a case for ADHD or something similar too based on his actions. Do you think anyone ever sat down and talked to him about any of that stuff and asked him how he felt about it? I doubt it. I think he's just reacting the best way he knows how to a lot of bad situations. I know he seems bad/bratty to some people compared to Kyson but kids process trauma/difficult emotions in lots of different ways and it can affect them differently too. I really don't think he's a bad kid, just one who probably needs some therapy and more attention from his parents and teachers.
I wonder if anyone ever sat down with any of the kids by themselves to talk about feelings, at all, ever. There's literally always siblings around, I've never seen a clip where Jessica was with just one talking-aged (so not a baby) child.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

How many thumbnails are we gonna get with Jessssss eyes closed?!
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

Captain Smooth wrote: Also, she keeps mentioning that Kaden wears diapers (she said he only wears them at night), I don't want to diagnose anybody, but he's going to be 6 soon, doesn't this sound a little like bedwetting?
Kaden just turned 5 so he won't be 6 soon.I think it's considered bedwedding from age 5 on (before it just would be not potty trained yet).
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

luci417 wrote:I think out of all the kids the twins, but especially Kaden, have been through a lot. With Drake and Jess splitting up/getting back together/fighting all the time/splitting up, 2/4 new siblings to take mom's attention away, being completely abandoned by Drake and knowing he has a new family, having a new stepdad come into their lives who obviously favours Landen, then Kaden watching Addie almost die while Chris and Jess ran around screaming and crying trying to revive her. Plus it's pretty obvious Kaden has a speech delay, he'll be going into kindergarten and I can't understand him at all. You could make a case for ADHD or something similar too based on his actions. Do you think anyone ever sat down and talked to him about any of that stuff and asked him how he felt about it? I doubt it. I think he's just reacting the best way he knows how to a lot of bad situations. I know he seems bad/bratty to some people compared to Kyson but kids process trauma/difficult emotions in lots of different ways and it can affect them differently too. I really don't think he's a bad kid, just one who probably needs some therapy and more attention from his parents and teachers.
True, I feel so sorry for the twins, that Jess never had the ability to focus on them, when they needed it most, she was always so cought up in her own, practically selfinflicted problems to really think about what that does to the kids. Of course I blame Drake at least as much, but that's already known.
The bold part is a really good point, I don't think people ever talked to the kids about what was going on and tried to comfort them. Jess was probably way too desperate to focus on anything, but her own future, so I can imagine she just dragged the kids along.
Now, I think she tries to make up that time, by actually being Mom-like and getting structure in, but also focus a little more on the twins. I think it would help a tremendous amount, if she tried to get Chris to be a little more attentive to the twins. Not a Dad, like she wants him to, but just a person the twins feel secure with and who they can bond with a little. Right now they sort of dangle in the middle, with their only support being their Mom, Grandma and sometimes Chris, but that depends on his mood.
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

mamaya10 wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote: Also, she keeps mentioning that Kaden wears diapers (she said he only wears them at night), I don't want to diagnose anybody, but he's going to be 6 soon, doesn't this sound a little like bedwetting?
Kaden just turned 5 so he won't be 6 soon.I think it's considered bedwedding from age 5 on (before it just would be not potty trained yet).
You're right, I got the year mixed up with her wedding (so many dates to remeber), he was almost five when this was filmed, but still, it's Kindergarden age. She said he's on the brink of being potty trained, I hope she didn't just say that to make it sound better, since she said it in the same video where it says "most nights", a bit conflicting. What just got my attention was just the fact that with Kaden she puts everything on "well let's see", but it's obvious Kaden is behind in most things, which is ok, but her constant putting it on the shelf (just like Landens pain) I just don't understand.

Who knows, maybe it's resovled by now, but it's just one of many things that Kaden has (had?) problems with over a longer period of time, than her other children and she seems to slowly now get, that she should look into those a bit more.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

I think they were looking at possible ASD with Kaden? I'm leaning more towards SPD
dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

I actually feel bad saying this about a child but I really, really don't like Lilia. She's such an unlikable child to me.
LeahxYumiko
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LeahxYumiko »

Let me see if I get this right:
-Kaden wears diapers some nights
-Landon has pain when he falls asleep in the carseat
-Kaden has a slight (not sure if it was diagnosed) speech delay
-Addie was born with sleep apnea (forgot which type)
-----------------------------------
The only children who were not given a health/mental issue (that has not been addressed) are: Kyson and Lilia- 2 out of 5. 3 out of 5 were born with something.

I am not going to try to understand the psychology of Kaden but I have seen since the birth of Landon and Addie his speech has regressed. It kind of makes me sad that Jess does not realize there is a problem. I think that from witnessing his sister in a sense died(suffocated) only to be revived by Chris along with watching his father leave. Knowing that his father has another kid; yet does not see Kaden or Kyson often. I bet that is hindering Kaden. I think it hurts Kyson but he seems to deal with it better than Kaden. I can imagine Kaden asking where his Dad is- only for Jess to say he's right there *pointing to Chris*.

I know this is the Jess thread, but my brother has a different bio father than me. Our mom would wait at the McDonald's for almost 3 hours waiting for his bio father but he would never show up. To this day my brother refuses to meet his other siblings from his bio father. He says I'm his only sibling. And he seems to refuse to have a relationship with his bio father. You can't make someone be a father which is what my point is. Yes Jess may have a rocky relationship with Drake, but there are other options like Drake's gf meeting Chris at a half way point or having a social worker be the middle person- court appointed.

I wonder if Kaden and Kyson may refuse to have a relationship with Drake in the future. I feel so bad for Kaden and Kyson. Despite Kyson being my favorite, my heart goes out to Kaden.

Return to “JesssFam”