8 Hungry Passengers: #NoLeftovers | Part 4

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Hungry Passengers: #NoLeftovers | Part 4

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Omg she did not go to the store in her fucking pjs. What the hell? I swear she does this stuff just for the views. If not she needs to get it together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Namm wrote:It's now confirmed where the Griffiths girls got their horrendous sugary diet that they feed the children and husbands with. It's none other than their lovely mother who've also taught them everything else about life :?
Is there any other american out there who've tasted this recipe (toasted bread with lots of sugar and milk on top) and can support the Griffiths...?

Did you guys see the vlog when Ruby and Kevin went to Australia in 2015 and Jennifer babysat and brought so much candy to the grandchildren that it looked ridiculous, almost like a joke.
Also in another vlog when the kids went, I think to Jennifer's house, she just said that she didn't feel like cooking and gave them candy stuff instead.
These Griffith women were never taught about real food or how to cook properly, none of them know anything about nutrition. The problem is that they think too much of themselves and seem to know everything but really lack common knowledge about lots of basic stuff...
Yes, they were raised on sugar and starches. I think the only skill Grandma Griff taught them was the art of making dinner rolls while weeping.

The thing is, many of us weren't taught to cook by our parents but we learned anyway out of either desire or necessity. Ruby is just lazy and a cheap bastard.

Did she wear her "pretty pajamas" to the store? I've noticed that she's more than once gotten up early to run to the store bc she's run out of breakfast food. She only ever serves pancakes, oatmeal, and sugary cold cereal. How hard is it to keep those items stocked in the house?

She's got her good points. All of the kids are expected to read and play an instrument. I would have killed for their family library when I was a kid and would have loved to play the harp. Physical activity is encouraged. The kids aren't glued to electronics constantly. In those cases she's a way better mom than most women I've met whose kids are overweight, undisciplined, and obsessed with their tablets or consoles.
bongtu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bongtu »

I used to really like 8 Passengers until I found this page. I found Shari relatable since I'm only a few years older than she is. Now she just seems stuck up and wanting to be cool. I can't stand Eve or Russell, I have to skip over their parts. I don't understand how a mom can not remember simple things like getting milk for her kids. My mom always has backup gallons in the fridge. Whatever happened to her going to Costco and meal planning? I liked her grocery hauls back then. They are eating out multiple times a week now. What happened to home cooked meals around a table? Even when she did cook, I bet Kevin and Chad could eat it all themselves. Anyone else think her clothes look ridiculous? I wouldn't wear those pajamas most of her clothes unless I got paid some serious money. The outfits she fitness Julie the other day were horrendous. Why can't she get a few decent tops and shorts and mix and match them. Isn't that fun? I still sometimes enjoy watching them but they are letting fame and money get to them also. Seriously.. Nordstrom Rack for kids.
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

CoyMistress wrote:Idk if this was seen and discussed before... Therefore apologies if I am repetitive...

Seeing this anti-lgbt video that they shared once and then deleted was really interesting to me so I wanted to share...

Thankyou for posting that, I had heard of it but had never seen it...nor understood it, we dont have chikfilet (sp) here...is it a fast food chain that publically denounces lgbt rights?

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Namm wrote: Is there any other american out there who've tasted this recipe (toasted bread with lots of sugar and milk on top) and can support the Griffiths...?
Wait, how does this work? Is it like French toast that they don't bother to cook? Or like soggy cinnamon toast?
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... f7b1c8.jpg[/img]
What a damn idiot.

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:In my opinion, it is completely inappropriate to let two small, ill-behaved children knock on people's doors trying to sell them crap. It's one thing to have a lemonade stand on your lawn - neighbors can choose whether or not to come. But bombarding people in their homes makes me very uncomfortable. Why do Ruby's children act like feral children?
They are mormons, bombarding people in their homes to sell them shit is what they do!

Ruby doesn't know how to behave and has no idea what sportsmanship is.
Screaming so hard for your 11 year old child at a school sport event is out of hand.
I am sure we would have gotten an angry monologue if another person was behaving like she did.

That's why Shari goes on and says on camera how her volleyball team-mates suck and that's why they lost.
Cause she is so good at volleyball.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ForeverGauc01 wrote: What a damn idiot.

Because the sun rising automatically means she won't be sick anymore? :?
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

It was nice to see Russell reading today.
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

seriously7 wrote:It was nice to see Russell reading today.
I did not see today's vlog but for Ruby to show Russell reading today it definitely makes me believe she reads these comments, since Russell and his lack of homeschooling, holding back to repeat kindergarten, and concern for his ability to adjust to a classroom setting was discussed here in the past 48 hours.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I had to watch the PJ part again. She's a loony toon.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

She was wearing damn high heels with her pj's!
She is dumb as rocks...
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

1. She went back a third time for just cups?? If it was any other child I would have said Sorry I will get them next time. But since it was for Julie.
2. I think it was fair the Julie gave her friend a dollar. It was all Julie's supplies anyway.
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

I just discovered 8 passengers like a week ago and have binged watched a lot of vlogs while I've been home a lot with my dog who just had surgery for a herniated disc. I haven't watched any of their family members or anything before now even though I've heard of some of them. Wtf is up with these people??? The first vlog I saw was of Chad shaving and I immediately felt like something was off with Ruby. She just seems kind of bizarre and has a weird look in her eye that I can't describe.

I dont like watching Eve and Shari annoys me. I hate saying that about kids but yeah. I feel bad for Russell because that kid is going to struggle a ton when he goes to school. Chad and Abby seem like nice kids and Julie is my absolute favorite to watch. What a sweet girl! I hate that this family doesn't appreciate her like they should. She's a gem imo. I guess Ruby doesn't find Julie worth her time since she isn't throwing things down staircases or shitting on the walls in a public bathroom. Ugh.

And I will never be able to get over the way this family eats or the lack of clothes/clothing choices this family makes. Wtf?????? Their portions are crazy small! Sometimes I wonder if Russell is so physically weak and tired all the time from poor nutrition. This whole family is probably anemic and lacking in some very important vitamins. I wonder if Ruby has a fear of having overweight children and restricts their diets. I had to wonder when Sheri tried to cut out sugar if that was her choice or Ruby's... I hate to presume but I could see Ruby telling her she needs to watch her figure or something.

I also find it odd how they are so obsessed with puberty. I'm all for kids being comfortable talking to their parents about it and I don't think it should be something shameful, but she is just exploiting her kids' puberty and it's gross. The puberty videos are usually some of their most viewed and they even have a whole playlist dedicated to puberty on their channel. I get that a lot of it is kids watching but I'm sure some creepy pedophiles are too. These poor kids have to go to school and face classmates after these videos are put out for all to see. Ugh.
pymbo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pymbo »

kiwimumof-5 wrote:
CoyMistress wrote:Idk if this was seen and discussed before... Therefore apologies if I am repetitive...

Seeing this anti-lgbt video that they shared once and then deleted was really interesting to me so I wanted to share...

Thankyou for posting that, I had heard of it but had never seen it...nor understood it, we dont have chikfilet (sp) here...is it a fast food chain that publically denounces lgbt rights?

I'm a non-American who lives in America, so I had to investigate this myself. ;-) Basically, the owners of Chick-Fil-A (Yes, quirky spelling) have publicly espoused "traditional family values" and support for "traditional marriage".

This is a pretty good summary to get you caught up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil ... ontroversy

Basically, what's so disgusting is that they were eating there to "support traditional marriage". There's also been a couple of others vlogs where they have either eaten there or mentioned eating there - but never the "traditional marriage" stuff, surprisingly enough. I suspect they know that if they espoused some of their views on particular topics they'd tick off a lot of their viewers, so they keep hush on anything seemingly controversial. Which is why the video has been removed.

EDIT - I suspect the bigotry runs much deeper than being isolated solely to homophobia. Although there's no evidence of this, it's not a huge leap of logic.
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

Thankyou!

Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

These people are sell outs. I have to laugh because if you watch her play room tour vlog she preaches the importance of no battery or electric toys. It's bad for their imagination. Blah blah blah and now look at all the damn toys they have because she has money. It's funny how once they make a decent living how fast the contradictions and hypocrisy come out. I have no probably with a kid having an Xbox, but when the mom rants about how that's not what her values are about than turns around and buys one is ridiculous.

Someone in the comments said her editing is like she makes little movies. Yes, it is. Because they are fake and she directs her children and husband on what to do.

God they make my skin crawl.
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

God the first minute or so made me cringe more than usual
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Her kids are always sick! I can't imagine it has anything to do with their diet?
Ruby, please feed your kids better. Slow down in the take out, spend that money on some fresh veggies and fruit and some good meat.

Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Her kids are always sick! I can't imagine it has anything to do with their diet?
Ruby, please feed your kids better. Slow down in the take out, spend that money on some fresh veggies and fruit and some good meat.

Tbh the take out food probably has more nutritional value than the "good home cooked mills" she does make.

Sorry that was pretty mean.

Return to “8 Passengers”