Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by Sarai »

jc_1711 wrote:Also, I have met Bonnie and she isn't very nice in person or approachable. I've seen her turn on the charm for those who mention "You Tube" and then you are best friends.
Care to elaborate?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

jc_1711 wrote:First timer here. Personally, I think Bonnie looks like Caitlyn Jenner in the thumb nail for today's vlog. I have noticed in a lot of her vlogs that she likes to play with her hair. It is rather annoying. Also, I have met Bonnie and she isn't very nice in person or approachable. I've seen her turn on the charm for those who mention "You Tube" and then you are best friends. The other beef I have with her is regarding her use of the Suburban. It is all about image for her and she wouldn't be caught dead in what Joel calls "Frank", yet she is perfectly okay with Joel carting the kids around in the car. She is very superficial and not genuine at all.
So what you are saying is that she isn't approachable, but if you do approach her and mention you have a connection (like YT) she's nice right? I can't really say I would expect YTers to appear all that approachable to be honest. It would have to be annoying as you try to go about your day. I know they invite it by the nature of their occupation, but I still wouldn't expect them to be inviting people to go up to them. At least I wouldn't. I've met 4 celebrities before (Charlize Theron, Gary Sinise, Ben Affleck and Ashton Kutcher), and none were exactly what I would describe as approachable. I never thought that was strange.

Then again, I'm more shy and introverted and am definitely not one to appear super inviting or friendly to others (polite yes, friendly and looking to chat, no) either. If you mention my son's school, or some other form of connection though, I will undoubtedly become friendlier and more lively too. This just sounds different to me than the stories of people that meet vloggers that aren't nice even when approached and spoken too.

But spill the details! Where did you meet her? Was she with Joel or her sisters? Was his UT out shopping, or somewhere in her personal life?.....
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

Watching today's clog (5/23).

Interesting comments that Bonnie made about her sister Julie not blogging anymore:

1. Julie needed to stop vlogging in order to be able to focus more on her daughter Emma, with no mention of the other two kids. Just Emma.
I wonder what that is all about. I recall a year ago there were problems with Emma being very disrespectful of Julie, so much so that Julie's older sister Ruby had to come visit and stepped in to help give Julie guidance and bring Emma under control. Since then I thought there had been a noticeable improvement with Emma's behavior toward her mom. Anyone else have,any thoughts or insight into this,with respect to the Deru's (Julie & Landon) no longer vlogging.

2. I thought Bonnie's comment about needing two parents at home being needed to be able to vlog regularly, interesting. It was mentioned in respect to explaining why her husband Joel needed to quit his job and vlog daily with Bonnie; and why Julie is no longer going to vlog.

I would have liked Bonnie to show us her method of training Lincoln to stay on bed/blanket. I think Bonnie does a very good job of training her children. Out of all the siblings I think Bonnie's are the most well behaved and respectful. I absolutely adore Boston and think Lincoln is pretty cute too. I just wish they would video more realistic scenes of them raising and disciplining her children versus only the perfect children scenes. It would be good guidance for newby mothers in training and disciplining their own children.

The amount of candy she gives the kids makes me CRAZY! It is Bonnie (and her parents) who gives the kids treats/candy 24/7 around the clock. Rarely do we see Joel (or his parents) giving candy to the kids. I wonder how many arguments they must have about that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:Bonnie's hair looks INCREDIBLE! I'm so glad she didn't cut it short. I love her new look. She also looked really cute in that striped dress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Long hair definitely suits her. I don't think she'd look that great with short hair. At least, I can't imagine her with it.

Extensions aren't for everyone, but I really like them on Bonnie. Missy's on the other hand look long and scraggly to me, and just make her hair look drier and more unhealthy. I think she would look far cuter with a shoulder length cut.

It never occurred to me before that Bonnie doesn't colour her hair. I live the lighter tone she added. So strange that she's the only Griffiths sibling to have such dark hair!
There's a picture from her blog from when Olivia was a baby, and she has a collar length bob, and it's adorable. I actually liked it better than her long hair. It softens her features. I'll see if I can find it and post it. Someone did post it a few pages back.
I am not surprised that she would seem standoffish. She said she loved meeting people at Disneyland, but everyone knew she was there, and she probably expected people to come up to her. But there's just a vibe I get from her that if she was busy out running errands, she wouldn't be thrilled to have someone come up to her. Which I suppose is understandable. And I totally agree about the Suburban. She won't drive Joel's car. Period. But it's OK for the kids to be unsafe. It makes me angry that she is more concerned about her own image and comfort than her children's safety, but thinks of herself as an awesome mom. Kids come first in situations like that, and hers just don't.
Edit: here's the picture:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... d175c9.jpg[/img]
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

I forgot to mention Cody's holy pants. I do not get it. Why in the world would you buy pants for a 5 year old kid that have knee holes. Even if they did not originally have the holes , in my opinion it is ridiculous and embarrassing to have your 5 year old or anyone under the age of 16 wearing them as a fashion statement. Five year olds are going to be playing hard which would include many opportunities for skinned knees even with no holes in the pants. If my kid insisted that he wanted to keep and wear the pants I would say No!
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:Bonnie's hair looks INCREDIBLE! I'm so glad she didn't cut it short. I love her new look. She also looked really cute in that striped dress.

Long hair definitely suits her. I don't think she'd look that great with short hair. At least, I can't imagine her with it.

Extensions aren't for everyone, but I really like them on Bonnie. Missy's on the other hand look long and scraggly to me, and just make her hair look drier and more unhealthy. I think she would look far cuter with a shoulder length cut.

It never occurred to me before that Bonnie doesn't colour her hair. I live the lighter tone she added. So strange that she's the only Griffiths sibling to have such dark hair!
There's a picture from her blog from when Olivia was a baby, and she has a collar length bob, and it's adorable. I actually liked it better than her long hair. It softens her features. I'll see if I can find it and post it. Someone did post it a few pages back.
I am not surprised that she would seem standoffish. She said she loved meeting people at Disneyland, but everyone knew she was there, and she probably expected people to come up to her. But there's just a vibe I get from her that if she was busy out running errands, she wouldn't be thrilled to have someone come up to her. Which I suppose is understandable. And I totally agree about the Suburban. She won't drive Joel's car. Period. But it's OK for the kids to be unsafe. It makes me angry that she is more concerned about her own image and comfort than her children's safety, but thinks of herself as an awesome mom. Kids come first in situations like that, and hers just don't.
Edit: here's the picture:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... d175c9.jpg[/img]
I think she looks like a mom from the suburbs in that photo but currently she looks pretty modern when it comes to hair styles. I think both look good on her but I think she is larger than she used to be so the long hair is a little more flattering than what short hair would look like right now. Like she looks a lot broader, which some times short hair doesn't work well with

beanio
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by beanio »

snkjdgs wrote:I forgot to mention Cody's holy pants. I do not get it. Why in the world would you buy pants for a 5 year old kid that have knee holes. Even if they did not originally have the holes , in my opinion it is ridiculous and embarrassing to have your 5 year old or anyone under the age of 16 wearing them as a fashion statement. Five year olds are going to be playing hard which would include many opportunities for skinned knees even with no holes in the pants. If my kid insisted that he wanted to keep and wear the pants I would say No!
Bonnie didnt buy them, the knees ripped and now Cody loves them, I dont think its bad that he wants to wear them, they dont look that bad.
jc_1711
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by jc_1711 »

I met her before she became the Bonnie Hoellein Show (our kids go to the same school). She wasn't very nice then and she isn't very nice now (only if you talk YouTube will she become more animated which has also been seen on her vlogs). There are people who put off airs and the way she comes across to people is snobbish and above others. She is not a gracious person. Yes, she deserves to have her privacy but she can still be kind to others. It is almost as if she thinks she is entitled to things because she is a YouTuber. It's all about the money. Everything she does with her YouTube video is all about sponsors and how much they are able to make from these sponserships. It's just not about making videos about your life. Bonnie thinks that she is a celebrity and unfortunately she acts like most celebrities do.
It is very telling how Joel will refer to her vlogs as the Bonnie Hoellein Show. It is all about her and it is all a show. She chose to put her life on YouTube and there are consequences for doing so. It is amazing how she soaks up the compliments but she and her sister, Ellie, can't handle the negative, which is shown by them deleting comments. They talk about only showing a little bit of their life but it is the fluff. It is not reality because it is edited for our viewing. She doesn't want to be shown in a bad light. Once again, she is superficial.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I really wonder if anyone is surprised that Bonnie isn't that nice in person?? I feel like I've always known she's kind of a bitch, I still liked her. I think she's absolutely shown how she "turns on" and is kind when she wants to be. I don't think sweetness comes naturally to her. I don't have a problem with it either though. I don't think she tries to pretend she's a sweet person???

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

jc_1711 wrote:I met her before she became the Bonnie Hoellein Show (our kids go to the same school). She wasn't very nice then and she isn't very nice now (only if you talk YouTube will she become more animated which has also been seen on her vlogs). There are people who put off airs and the way she comes across to people is snobbish and above others. She is not a gracious person. Yes, she deserves to have her privacy but she can still be kind to others. It is almost as if she thinks she is entitled to things because she is a YouTuber. It's all about the money. Everything she does with her YouTube video is all about sponsors and how much they are able to make from these sponserships. It's just not about making videos about your life. Bonnie thinks that she is a celebrity and unfortunately she acts like most celebrities do.
It is very telling how Joel will refer to her vlogs as the Bonnie Hoellein Show. It is all about her and it is all a show. She chose to put her life on YouTube and there are consequences for doing so. It is amazing how she soaks up the compliments but she and her sister, Ellie, can't handle the negative, which is shown by them deleting comments. They talk about only showing a little bit of their life but it is the fluff. It is not reality because it is edited for our viewing. She doesn't want to be shown in a bad light. Once again, she is superficial.
I realize most vloggers say they are starting to vlog for the memories, but I never understand when people start to get so annoyed about "only caring about the sponsorships." This even goes for the vloggers I hate, it's their income and of course they need to make money. It's like having a job you enjoy, that's fantastic, but you also need to be able to support yourself. I don't work for free (and yes I know vlogging seems to be "work") and I wouldn't expect anyone else to want to either.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

jc_1711 wrote:I met her before she became the Bonnie Hoellein Show (our kids go to the same school). She wasn't very nice then and she isn't very nice now (only if you talk YouTube will she become more animated which has also been seen on her vlogs). There are people who put off airs and the way she comes across to people is snobbish and above others. She is not a gracious person. Yes, she deserves to have her privacy but she can still be kind to others. It is almost as if she thinks she is entitled to things because she is a YouTuber. It's all about the money. Everything she does with her YouTube video is all about sponsors and how much they are able to make from these sponserships. It's just not about making videos about your life. Bonnie thinks that she is a celebrity and unfortunately she acts like most celebrities do.
Was there any talk/concern amongst the parents or teachers regarding the amount of school her kids missed for the Hawaii vacation and then Disneyland right after?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think what bothers most people (me at least) is that it's disingenuous at best to say that you're vlogging "for the memories". It's complete BS. Everyone vlogs for the money. So own it. Yes, sponsored vlogs are part of that. Big deal. If you believe they vlog for the memories, I have some waterfront property in Nevada to sell. If they were really vlogging for memories, there is no reason to upload it, make it public, and monetize it, or sign with a network. I have lots of videos "for the memories". I haven't uploaded a single one. So don't monetize your videos, do sponsored vlogs, and then try to tell me it's for the memories. The 10 year olds may buy it, but I don't.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
Was there any talk/concern amongst the parents or teachers regarding the amount of school her kids missed for the Hawaii vacation and then Disneyland right after?
I'm interested in hearing that too. Any gossip around the school about that?

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I really wonder if anyone is surprised that Bonnie isn't that nice in person?? I feel like I've always known she's kind of a bitch, I still liked her. I think she's absolutely shown how she "turns on" and is kind when she wants to be. I don't think sweetness comes naturally to her. I don't have a problem with it either though. I don't think she tries to pretend she's a sweet person???

I'm not surprised at all. The first time she was ever featured in Ellie's vlog i thought she seemed very full of herself. Now she has her own big channel so i bet she does think she is hot shit! Lol

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I think what bothers most people (me at least) is that it's disingenuous at best to say that you're vlogging "for the memories". It's complete BS. Everyone vlogs for the money. So own it. Yes, sponsored vlogs are part of that. Big deal. If you believe they vlog for the memories, I have some waterfront property in Nevada to sell. If they were really vlogging for memories, there is no reason to upload it, make it public, and monetize it, or sign with a network. I have lots of videos "for the memories". I haven't uploaded a single one. So don't monetize your videos, do sponsored vlogs, and then try to tell me it's for the memories. The 10 year olds may buy it, but I don't.

10000% I have tons and tons of private videos for the memories. I can make them to where my family can see them if I want. But I will not expose my children to hundreds of thousands of strangers. No fucking way.

Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Funny, that's exactly how she's always come off in vlogs to me.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

snkjdgs wrote:Watching today's clog (5/23).

Interesting comments that Bonnie made about her sister Julie not blogging anymore:

1. Julie needed to stop vlogging in order to be able to focus more on her daughter Emma, with no mention of the other two kids. Just Emma.
I wonder what that is all about. I recall a year ago there were problems with Emma being very disrespectful of Julie, so much so that Julie's older sister Ruby had to come visit and stepped in to help give Julie guidance and bring Emma under control. Since then I thought there had been a noticeable improvement with Emma's behavior toward her mom. Anyone else have,any thoughts or insight into this,with respect to the Deru's (Julie & Landon) no longer vlogging.

2. I thought Bonnie's comment about needing two parents at home being needed to be able to vlog regularly, interesting. It was mentioned in respect to explaining why her husband Joel needed to quit his job and vlog daily with Bonnie; and why Julie is no longer going to vlog.

I would have liked Bonnie to show us her method of training Lincoln to stay on bed/blanket. I think Bonnie does a very good job of training her children. Out of all the siblings I think Bonnie's are the most well behaved and respectful. I absolutely adore Boston and think Lincoln is pretty cute too. I just wish they would video more realistic scenes of them raising and disciplining her children versus only the perfect children scenes. It would be good guidance for newby mothers in training and disciplining their own children.

The amount of candy she gives the kids makes me CRAZY! It is Bonnie (and her parents) who gives the kids treats/candy 24/7 around the clock. Rarely do we see Joel (or his parents) giving candy to the kids. I wonder how many arguments they must have about that.
Uh... she's not going to show how she disciplines because spanking is part of the babywise program and people would tear her apart in the comments.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Bonnie has her negative traits and may have lost a bit of touch with reality over her marginal YouTube fame, but plenty of people are described as being snobby and standoffish when they are simply shy, insecure, or have resting bitch face.

She may not be conventionally shy but she is insecure and keeps to her family. Didn't she mention recently that they were just, after living in their home for several years, having their first ever non-family dinner guests over? That's kind of odd. None of these Griffiths girls have any actual friends.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

snkjdgs wrote:

she has a video on blanket training. it comes from the babywise book. it's in one of her playlists I think.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

LydiaE wrote:Bonnie has her negative traits and may have lost a bit of touch with reality over her marginal YouTube fame, but plenty of people are described as being snobby and standoffish when they are simply shy, insecure, or have resting bitch face.

She may not be conventionally shy but she is insecure and keeps to her family. Didn't she mention recently that they were just, after living in their home for several years, having their first ever non-family dinner guests over? That's kind of odd. None of these Griffiths girls have any actual friends.
Not having a lot of visible friends is kinda an introvert stay at home mom thing too. (Most of my friends are fellow introverts). There are lots of women that enjoy mommy groups and getting together, but it's not for everyone. I'm terribly introverted, and probably come off as bitchy in appearance (at least I fear I do). I friendly if you talk to me though, just not likely to start small talk myself.

I'll go out if someone presses me to do so, but otherwise I'm happy to be home. I know it's not for everyone, but I don't think it's abnormal.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”