littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Schrödinger's Baby | Part 26

Unread post by littlebaby »

whys0seri0us wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 63b32e.png[/img]

What the hell kind of birthday acknowledgement is that?! You'd think she'd write a whole paragraph at least for her favorite kid. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha ha.. for once I was like wow, she had to have written more for Jackson's birthday. Wrong. His only said "Happy Birthday Jackson! You changed my life."

The only people she writes paragraphs about seem to be her parents and sisters, but especially her mom. I don't recall too many long/heartfelt things about Jared either.

OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
Reading so many of you say Ellie was never pregnant feels kind of like a kick in the guts - even though people aren't discussing my life or my circumstances, they were very, very similar. Does this mean I, too, was never pregnant? Or how about other women that have suffered early losses like chemical pregnancies?
Actuallydear, I know this isn't what you were looking for at all, but I just want to start out by saying that my heart breaks reading your story, and that you have my very utmost sincere condolences. <3

For me, personally, my lack of sympathy for Ellie doesn't quite come from her smugness, but her dishonesty. I have a very hard time believing that, with everything that has gone on in the past couple of months, she/they have been completely honest about the situation and hand.

By no means do I mean to imply that I think a chemical pregnancy is not a serious loss. It is. Absolutely. I don't care how smug Ellie was the entire time. If that really is what she went through, then I absolutely have sympathy and compassion for her, no matter how shitty of a person I think she is. Had they not been shady the entire time and acted like they were being honest, when several facts point in the direction that they weren't, I think that they would be having a completely different reaction. But, as I mentioned before, they have left so many pot holes and room for question, it makes it hard to know what to believe.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, had Ellie came out and said she had an actual, real, positive pregnancy test initially (not one specifically set up as a brand deal), and actually documented, in some way, shape or form that they were concerned and unsure... actually shown more of the conversations with the Dr... ya know, been "open and honest in documenting the entire process" like they said they were going to... I think this board would be pretty close to silent right now.

It's their shady behavior that has put them in the position to be criticized, and while your story might compare to theirs on the outside, there is so, so much more heart, character and sincerity on the inside that makes the two vastly different.
Exactly. We aren't stupid. The story, as they told it, just does not make sense. They are too sure they wee going to get pregnant the first month. Way too confident about it for even a healthy couple, but for one with a history of infertility, it was just outrageous. Then, to be so sure she was having symptoms immediately, and to dismiss any suggestion that she wasn't pregnant. Who does that?

They do ALL THIS for a month, never considering the fact that things may not work out perfectly, and never once even considering a loss. Then, as soon as they get a positive test it's a lukewarm reaction and instant talk about how it may not work out? This is normal behaviour if you've experienced a loss and are traumatized by it, it makes no sense when you've otherwise spent the entire month cocky and smug! Then it was no time to waste to call everyone they knew (without filming it) and to do a big brother photo shoot. This family has nothing but time, but everything had to be squeezed into an already busy day with family. A Sunday no less.... their day of rest. Then we get a weird Jared-free doctor's visit with strangely close shots of Jackson, and a phone call with a lot of convenient edits. Their openness and smugness was replaced by vagueness.

She may have had a chemical, or she may have been mistaken about being pregnant at all. We will never know for sure, but one thing is for certain....there are important pieces of this story missing. It's hard to feel any sympathy for someone when your gut is telling you that they are manipulating the story they are telling for effect.
I know this is from a few pages ago now, but you post made me think of something that I keep kind of coming back to over the past few days. In the pregnancy announcement with Calvin, when Ellie was telling Jared, she mentioned something about how she thinks it's because of "heavenly father" and them being good or something like that. So I'm sure with the new house and car and the money they've gotten since having Calvin, that Ellie just had herself convinced that she was just such a perfect little Mormon and that she would be blessed with a baby on her first try, because why wouldn't she? She's been given just about everything she's wanted for the past 2 years. And so to not be pregnant, I think it was a crash back to reality for her. I don't know if it makes me a bad person, but I hope it has been a bit eye opening for her that you just can't get what you want because you want it. And if she's looking at it and thinking if she got pregnant with Calvin without fertility help because she was a "good" Mormon, I hope she'll maybe look at some of the ways she's changed since then, and see that they haven't necessarily been for the better.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

What the hell kind of birthday acknowledgement is that?! You'd think she'd write a whole paragraph at least for her favorite kid. Smh.

Lol. Or at least make him the focal point of this picture! She didn't have one just of him?

Honestly, it really is all about Ellie all the time ImageImageImage
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

fossilfinger wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:The Griffiths kids didn't get much as kids because they were poor!! FFS, they lived in a trailer park until Julie was born. These "custom" homes weren't what I consider a real custom home. They had a builder who had a blueprint he used 100s of times and they still have PINK carpet. YUCK!!!
Besides the fact that it doesn't seem like they were poor (maybe just living on modest means), that's still no excuse to make your kids share a coat in the winter when it can get to below freezing temperatures outside. You either buy a coat for a few dollars at Goodwill, or ask a friend or church member to give you a hand-me-down. Coats are not frivolous, they're necessary items. If they could afford to get the kids new bikes for Christmas, they could afford coats for all their kids. SMH.
I don't believe the sharing a coat thing is even true. A teacher would have probably donated one to one of the girls if it was actually the case - or called child and family services.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

fossilfinger wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:The Griffiths kids didn't get much as kids because they were poor!! FFS, they lived in a trailer park until Julie was born. These "custom" homes weren't what I consider a real custom home. They had a builder who had a blueprint he used 100s of times and they still have PINK carpet. YUCK!!!
Besides the fact that it doesn't seem like they were poor (maybe just living on modest means), that's still no excuse to make your kids share a coat in the winter when it can get to below freezing temperatures outside. You either buy a coat for a few dollars at Goodwill, or ask a friend or church member to give you a hand-me-down. Coats are not frivolous, they're necessary items. If they could afford to get the kids new bikes for Christmas, they could afford coats for all their kids. SMH.
This. When I mentioned they had built a home it was just because it showed they had money for some things. I think having a coat should always be a top priority, and I know most mothers would probably starve themselves for a week to save up for a coat for their child. The fact that Bonnie had to get a coat of her own for Christmas is just the saddest thing to me....

But Ellie wouldn't be the first person I've ever seen to save on their kids and only spend on themselves. These people usually like to throw money around and only spend it on "what is seen." I feel so bad for those kids.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And it's mostly a picture of her. You can barely see Calvin. You can barely tell it's him.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
This. When I mentioned they had built a home it was just because it showed they had money for some things. I think having a coat should always be a top priority, and I know most mothers would probably starve themselves for a week to save up for a coat for their child. The fact that Bonnie had to get a coat of her own for Christmas is just the saddest thing to me....

But Ellie wouldn't be the first person I've ever seen to save on their kids and only spend on themselves. These people usually like to throw money around and only spend it on "what is seen." I feel so bad for those kids.
Let's be real about the "custom house"...it was probably $40,000 to build that house in ROY, UTAH, in 1986. It's not exactly expensive to buy a house there even now....
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But even if the custom home wasn't expensive, Bonnie shouldn't have had to share her coat ffs. That's ridiculous. If it's between me going without or my kids, they win hands down. They get what they need before I do.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J - Schrödinger's Baby | Part 26

ewokfan11 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
fossilfinger wrote: Besides the fact that it doesn't seem like they were poor (maybe just living on modest means), that's still no excuse to make your kids share a coat in the winter when it can get to below freezing temperatures outside. You either buy a coat for a few dollars at Goodwill, or ask a friend or church member to give you a hand-me-down. Coats are not frivolous, they're necessary items. If they could afford to get the kids new bikes for Christmas, they could afford coats for all their kids. SMH.

Let's be real about the "custom house"...it was probably $40,000 to build that house in ROY, UTAH, in 1986. It's not exactly expensive to buy a house there even now....
I'm not even sure what you're getting at? I'm not disagreeing with you. Bottom line, they had money to buy each of their kids their own coat (shoes, pants, etc). This is just like Julie getting sheets for her birthday.... totally unnecessary. If you have money for cosmetics, you have money for your children's' needs.

OT but.... did anyone else notice that Jared more or less copied what Bonnie said in her birthday post to Boston?

"You are loved more than you know" (Bonnie)

"Your mom and I love you more than you know." (Jared)

*Posted only an hour apart, so it is kinda noticeable.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sorry, not trying to pick a fight. I just don't believe them that they shared a winter coat. Or it was an exaggeration. I'm not even sure where that story comes from. In a Mormon household there are PLENTY of hand-me-downs, so I think they probably just shared a "pretty" coat they both liked. I am 100% sure they all had winter coats.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

How weird is it that Kate, Boston and Calvin all share a birthday?
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

I guess be since they're talking about having another kid, Calvin is already being pushed to the side. Those poor, poor boys.
blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

ewokfan11 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:
I don't believe the sharing a coat thing is even true. A teacher would have probably donated one to one of the girls if it was actually the case - or called child and family services.

You can't call child protective services because a kid doesn't have a coat. I work in a school in very low income area. We do have coat drives and things and we do try to meets all the needs of kids we can. We contact community organizations for donations, and we even pull from our own resources occasionally, but seriously CPS would laugh at us if we called because a kid doesn't have a coat. It's hard enough to get them to handle abuse type situations, which they also don't always take seriously.

I don't buy the sharing a coat thing though, I'm guessing it was a hand-me-down type thing or like sisters that share clothes. I don't for a second think any of those kids didn't have access to a coat.
claireprairie123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by claireprairie123 »

Calvin doesn't need a nice birthday acknowledgement because Ellie is going through something you guys. This is about Ellie right now. Ellie is struggling. Ellie Ellie Ellie Ellie Ellie. It's not her fault Calvin's birthday came at an inconvenient time.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I dunno, I watched the video where Bonnie got her own coat. I think it did happen. This was back before vlogging and there would be no reason to lie about that sort of stuff. They probably thought nothing of it though. Like it wasn't a big deal to share a coat

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

Vincere wrote:https://i.imgur.com/gpv54Th.png

#lovewins

Does that second J stand for Jared or Joel?

But seriously sometimes I think if Jared took the boys and left, I would enjoy the channel.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

HelloSweetie wrote:How weird is it that Kate, Boston and Calvin all share a birthday?
Now that I'm thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Ellie purposely induced when she did so Calvin would share a birthday with his cousins.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ForeverGauc01 wrote:I dunno, I watched the video where Bonnie got her own coat. I think it did happen. This was back before vlogging and there would be no reason to lie about that sort of stuff. They probably thought nothing of it though. Like it wasn't a big deal to share a coat
I found the video. She said she shared a coat with Ellie, who would have been only 10 and Bonnie was 16. I still don't buy that story. Ellie probably had something pink and cute and Bonnie was given Beau's hand-me-down. Utah is WAY TOO COLD to share a coat.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”