Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by littlebaby »

I'm the same, HelloSweetie (but I don't have kids!) I'm 21 going on 71. Yesterday I started a 2000 piece puzzle and binge-watched Grey's Anatomy. :p I have less than a handful of friends and it's always been that way, I prefer it that way. I can stay at home and be alone for days on end and feel no sort of boredom or loneliness. I imagine it would be different if I had kids, but I agree with you that it's not abnormal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greyskies9
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greyskies9 »

I live in Utah, I am Mormon and I have in fact met Bonnie, Ellie, Jared, and Ruby before. They were all very nice but this was WAY back before they really took off. That being said, I have always found it funny that none of them seem to have many real life friends besides each other. That speaks volumes to me. It is very much the Mormon mommy culture to have playdates, hang out, girl nights, bunco, etc. You never see or hear any of that with this group of sisters. You watch Jordan Page or Michelle Pearson and you will see it. That is very common to be with friends and neighbors all the time here in Utah at least. It tells me that they aren't really that nice in person. All the "friends" we have seen them with, are either there for a reason (cross promotion) or Old high school friends. Curious. Ruby in person is actually painfully shy and very akward. I was with her for over 3 hours and the ONLY time she was talking much or even showing much emotion was when the camera was on.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I kinda have always liked Bonnie because she lets her snarky selfish bitch side come out. Most bloggers try to hide it and you are disappointed when it comes out which it always will (Ellie Walmart incident.)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The idea of Ruby taking an out of control child in hand is pretty ludicrous, judging by the way Shari mouths off and Eve does whatever she wants.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

jc_1711 wrote:I met her before she became the Bonnie Hoellein Show (our kids go to the same school). She wasn't very nice then and she isn't very nice now (only if you talk YouTube will she become more animated which has also been seen on her vlogs). There are people who put off airs and the way she comes across to people is snobbish and above others. She is not a gracious person. Yes, she deserves to have her privacy but she can still be kind to others. It is almost as if she thinks she is entitled to things because she is a YouTuber. It's all about the money. Everything she does with her YouTube video is all about sponsors and how much they are able to make from these sponserships. It's just not about making videos about your life. Bonnie thinks that she is a celebrity and unfortunately she acts like most celebrities do.
It is very telling how Joel will refer to her vlogs as the Bonnie Hoellein Show. It is all about her and it is all a show. She chose to put her life on YouTube and there are consequences for doing so. It is amazing how she soaks up the compliments but she and her sister, Ellie, can't handle the negative, which is shown by them deleting comments. They talk about only showing a little bit of their life but it is the fluff. It is not reality because it is edited for our viewing. She doesn't want to be shown in a bad light. Once again, she is superficial.
I really, really don't want this to sound snarky or like I'm trying to argue with you at all, so please don't take offense.

But, it sounds to me like you have formed an opinion based on observation (please correct me if I'm wrong). As others have said, I too am pretty introverted (and at times, insecure) and worry that I come off as bitchy or cold, even though that could not be further from the truth!

I'm not at all offended by what you have said about Bonnie because I can relate to her. I completely respect your opinion and I'm not trying to dispute that. I guess what I'm trying to say is... if you have/had an experience with Bonnie where she actually "burned" you (as a poster in the E+J thread implied), or something, I would be more inclined to think twice about my opinion of Bonnie. But, what you have described seems to be a judgement based on observation which, with all due respect, could be wrong or a misinterpretation.

Again, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! :)
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

^ so Bonnie can't be a bitch unless she "burned" that poster? Bonnie isn't shy, she just has an underlying bitchiness to her. Even Joel said, in the earlier vlogs, that she can be very ornery. I would take the word of people who have been around her rather than someone defending her online who's never met her.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Sarai wrote:^ so Bonnie can't be a bitch unless she "burned" that poster? Bonnie isn't shy, she just has an underlying bitchiness to her. Even Joel said, in the earlier vlogs, that she can be very ornery. I would take the word of people who have been around her rather than someone defending her online who's never met her.
But they didn't really have a lot to say about how she was in real life.... most of it was still what they see in vlogs.

I take my own opinion through observations over what some random poster pops in and says to be honest. I mean, we have people post all the time saying what lovely people E&J are, and I'm not about to believe that because it doesn't mesh with what I see.

Bonnie admitted in the beginning that she didn't get out much and was home with the kids all the time. She even said this made her feel really bad about herself, but she had trouble meeting people. This makes sense since she was a SAHM and Joel worked nights. Even now she only seems to go out Monday evenings to see Ellie. Some people just don't go out much.

I get why people would criticize, but honestly, you don't need to be shy to be introverted. Just because she does YT and likes the attention, that doesn't necessarily mean she isn't still nervous and uncomfortable with the mommy group type. The fact that someone said that is absolutely the norm in UT and that Bonnie has shied away from it, maybe makes me think that the typical LDS step ford wife just isn't the type of person she wants to hang with. I find that promising :P
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

I think Bonnie can be defensive, quick to lose her temper, and snappy. However, overall I believe she has a good heart and pure intentions. I don't think she thinks she is better than anyone - she's just a firecracker. Just my observations based on what I have seen in the vlogs :)
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Bonnie is loud and rude. Go watch the "how we met" video. Bonnie was an absolute BITCH to a complete stranger at a fair. Maybe it's insecurity, but she's definitely not a NICE person.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

ewokfan11 wrote:Bonnie is loud and rude. Go watch the "how we met" video. Bonnie was an absolute BITCH to a complete stranger at a fair. Maybe it's insecurity, but she's definitely not a NICE person.
Um.... She was a child! Are we to assume that Sherri is going to grow up to be a bitch because she has a bitchy attitude from time to time?

I think Bonnie is defiantly stubborn, strong willed and set in her ways, but I definitely think she's a good person.
jc_1711
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by jc_1711 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
jc_1711 wrote:I met her before she became the Bonnie Hoellein Show (our kids go to the same school). She wasn't very nice then and she isn't very nice now (only if you talk YouTube will she become more animated which has also been seen on her vlogs). There are people who put off airs and the way she comes across to people is snobbish and above others. She is not a gracious person. Yes, she deserves to have her privacy but she can still be kind to others. It is almost as if she thinks she is entitled to things because she is a YouTuber. It's all about the money. Everything she does with her YouTube video is all about sponsors and how much they are able to make from these sponserships. It's just not about making videos about your life. Bonnie thinks that she is a celebrity and unfortunately she acts like most celebrities do.
It is very telling how Joel will refer to her vlogs as the Bonnie Hoellein Show. It is all about her and it is all a show. She chose to put her life on YouTube and there are consequences for doing so. It is amazing how she soaks up the compliments but she and her sister, Ellie, can't handle the negative, which is shown by them deleting comments. They talk about only showing a little bit of their life but it is the fluff. It is not reality because it is edited for our viewing. She doesn't want to be shown in a bad light. Once again, she is superficial.
I really, really don't want this to sound snarky or like I'm trying to argue with you at all, so please don't take offense.

But, it sounds to me like you have formed an opinion based on observation (please correct me if I'm wrong). As others have said, I too am pretty introverted (and at times, insecure) and worry that I come off as bitchy or cold, even though that could not be further from the truth!

I'm not at all offended by what you have said about Bonnie because I can relate to her. I completely respect your opinion and I'm not trying to dispute that. I guess what I'm trying to say is... if you have/had an experience with Bonnie where she actually "burned" you (as a poster in the E+J thread implied), or something, I would be more inclined to think twice about my opinion of Bonnie. But, what you have described seems to be a judgement based on observation which, with all due respect, could be wrong or a misinterpretation.

None taken. I can certainly see how it could come across as an observation but that is not the case. I have tried being friendly to her in the past by waving, trying to smile, or even trying to say hello but she was not having it. (Keep in mind this is also pre-YT). There were several occasions where she acted this way. I can also come across as shy at first but I make a point to never be rude to people. If someone says hello to me or smiles, I will smile and say hello back. It is all about being courteous. It isn't that hard. Seeing the earlier version of Bonnie makes her even less attractive now. People may say she is beautiful but she is an ugly person inside which is shown by her words and actions.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

jc_1711 wrote:

None taken. I can certainly see how it could come across as an observation but that is not the case. I have tried being friendly to her in the past by waving, trying to smile, or even trying to say hello but she was not having it. (Keep in mind this is also pre-YT). There were several occasions where she acted this way. I can also come across as shy at first but I make a point to never be rude to people. If someone says hello to me or smiles, I will smile and say hello back. It is all about being courteous. It isn't that hard. Seeing the earlier version of Bonnie makes her even less attractive now. People may say she is beautiful but she is an ugly person inside which is shown by her words and actions.
Are you by any chance a man?

I get that impression because it sounds to me like you had expectations for how she was supposed to act. I don't know, but if you're trying to say she's ugly inside because she wouldn't wave or smile at a stranger, then to me that's a bit reaching.

It doesn't really sounds like you know her that well to be honest.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

I got that impression as well. I thought the preaching about what is courteous sounded a lot like Ellie preaching in Walmart.

If you met Bonnie through her kids' school, then it couldn't have been pre-YT. Bonnie had already started making videos before Olivia began school and was definitely appearing regularly in Ellie's by then (as had the kids).
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Maybe they're in the same ward?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Maybe PM a mod proof something? We've been catfished (Sapphired) many times on this site before. It's so hard to believe anyone knows a vlogger for real without proof. The only time I can remember a claim panning out was when Sam PMd a user on here for info.

Totally shocked that claim turned out to be true!
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I don't really think Bonnie is a bitch who hides that side of herself for the vlog. I do think she can be rude or defensive or a bit angry/ornery but she's very upfront and honest about that side of herself. When she speaks about how grateful she is for her viewers/YouTube, how grateful she is for Joel, how she hopes people don't view her life and perfect etc, she gets choked up and she seems very genuine and I do think she has a good heart and good intentions.
You only have to look at her children, they are very kind, sweet, polite children who are well behaved and kind to others. Olivia is one of the sweetest kids and she is very in touch with her emotions and clearly feels very safe expressing those emotions to her parents. Cold, standoffish, bitchy people don't raise kids like that (usually).
Is Bonnie perfect? No, no one is. But I don't think she is a bad personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

HelloSweetie wrote:Maybe PM a mod proof something? We've been catfished (Sapphired) many times on this site before. It's so hard to believe anyone knows a vlogger for real without proof. The only time I can remember a claim panning out was when Sam PMd a user on here for info.

Lol @ Sapphired. Whenever someone comes on here claiming they know a vlogger in real life I take it with a grain of salt, because you just don't know without proof.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

ferriswheel wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Maybe PM a mod proof something? We've been catfished (Sapphired) many times on this site before. It's so hard to believe anyone knows a vlogger for real without proof. The only time I can remember a claim panning out was when Sam PMd a user on here for info.

Lol @ Sapphired. Whenever someone comes on here claiming they know a vlogger in real life I take it with a grain of salt, because you just don't know without proof.

I've seen this user's name mentioned so many times on various threads. Would someone mind filling me in on what happened with them? Image My curiosity can't take it any longer.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

ferriswheel wrote:

I've seen this user's name mentioned so many times on various threads. Would someone mind filling me in on what happened with them? Image My curiosity can't take it any longer.
Not even sure where to begin. She was the biggest troll of all time, who had us believing she received horrible messages from Missy and Bryan on Facebook saying things about Sapphire's pregnancy and loss (which, to our knowledge, didn't exist) - the messages weren't true. Missy even responded on IG.

She came back so many times under different usernames, denied who she was again and again. Caused drama and fights between her accounts, insisted she was pregnant again and again. Wrote so many sob stories for sympathy and in the end we were divided not knowing whether to believe her because troll was trollin'.

I thoroughly recommend searching her username and reading the posts (all of her accounts have been merged so they will all show up as Sapphire) because it's too much.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Wow all these words I dont understand. I am new here (found this site through an army wife/aussie sahm, who is on and off youtube and she mentions this site) and lurked a bit and finally got an account but Sappire? mod Proof? Who is Sam? :)

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”