E+J - Schrödinger's Baby | Part 26

js215
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J - Schrödinger's Baby | Part 26

Unread post by js215 »

bunny88 wrote:Only 10-20 words by 2 is considered normal??? I don't have kids, but my sister has 3. They all spoke in full sentences by 2. I guess in my family we are all early talkers. I said my first word at 5 1/2 (and never shut up lol) By 2 my mom said I could actually have conversations. I do have 2 much older siblings that would play school and teach me stuff. I knew my alphabet and all my colors at 2.

Obviously all kids are different, but I am shocked by how terrible his speech is at his age. However, I put the blame on Ellie and Jared. He screeches at them and they give him what he wants. They should ask him to use his words.
It depends on what ped. you ask but yes, normal. That is the minimum though, and I imagine if there were other issues along with a small amount of words they would look into it. But for an otherwise typically developing child, it's not a concern. Also, even the parents may only understand half of what a 2 year old is saying, so it doesn't surprise me that strangers wouldn't understand him that well. Although I have never really thought there was anything "wrong" with him, which isn't the general opinion of the board. If he did/does have some type of condition or disorder, we would never find out anyway because they would never ever talk about it, so I understand the speculation.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I remember Jackson not talking much as a toddler. All he said for a long time was yeah and ee-you instead of yes. I don't think e+j put much time into their kids. They mostly play with them on camera and then send them on their way downstairs to play in the playroom.

At 18 months my son says around 20 words or more. He has recently started to learn tons of words and will try to repeat almost everything you say. My oldest at Calvin's age was saying sentences. His favorite when he lost something was adorable "I had a drink" "I had a daddy" "I had a ball"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Lexin wrote:One positive thing I can say about Ellie is that the boys are always dressed well, and appropriately. Seeing Cody and Boston out in public in onsie pajamas like infants while Jackson and Calvin were dressed properly was ridiculous. I have always liked Ellie's style when it comes to the boys.
I would agree with this except for the fact that she had Cal in moccasins (meant for babies and newly walking toddlers) in the snow, and both boys with their clunky rain boots at inappropriate times. Image

Style, yes. Practicality, no.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Lexin wrote:One positive thing I can say about Ellie is that the boys are always dressed well, and appropriately. Seeing Cody and Boston out in public in onsie pajamas like infants while Jackson and Calvin were dressed properly was ridiculous. I have always liked Ellie's style when it comes to the boys.
I would agree with this except for the fact that she had Cal in moccasins (meant for babies and newly walking toddlers) in the snow, and both boys with their clunky rain boots at inappropriate times. Image

Plus the boys wear the same pjs every night, and anyone with kids in diapers knows how gross that is, even with no leaks. Ellie's kids look like they are clean and well dressed, but I bet they are quite unhygienic.

Bonnie shouldn't take her kids out in pjs (no class), but I'd rather see kids clean than stylish, and most of the time the Hoellein kids are clean and also well dressed.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Thoughts on today's vlog:

Ugh. I don't understand why Ellie insists on putting that hat on Calvin. It doesn't do the poor kid ANY favors.

This is super nitpicky and random, but Ellie has such bad forward head posture. I've been noticing lately that she realllyy accentuates it in pictures and when she's excited. It was super noticeable today in the clip where Jennifer was reading her Mother's Day gift.

I don't have kids, so I could be wrong, but isn't 6:30 pm like, kind of ridiculously late for an almost 3.5 y/o to be napping?

Also... WARNING: The following images may be disturbing to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 89a59c.jpg[/img]

Man, that shit is terrifying af.
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

Those screenshots she is so bizarre when playing around...same thing at the bowling alley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I stopped watching for a few days because they're just so sleazy.

But I started watching a little bit of their "How I've Been Feeling Lately" video and had to stop when they started talking about how Jackson is responding to this.

He's a preschooler, STOP saying he knows what's going on, is sad with you, says mature things for his age, etc. They're even more disgusting for dragging their 3-year-old into this ploy for attention.

It's heartbreaking that their child is saying that the baby will grow and mommy won't be sad anymore. Regardless of how morally bankrupt they've shown themselves to be in regards to YouTube, they're just bad parents for numerous reasons. They're causing emotional distress for a child who isn't old enough to handle any of this. They should want to protect him, not ask him to shoulder the burden. They're awful people for lying about a miscarriage when they couldn't even show a positive pregnancy test, but they're awful parents for what they expose those kids to. I've reached the point where it isn't even fun to make fun of them because it's just a sad situation for those kids.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

PookPook0307 wrote:
winniewise wrote:I don't think Calvin talks much. I don't think they film him talking much either. The other day when Ellie out the camera on him to listen to him ask fro a cookie after he got out of bed, I was honestly surprised. They never film him trying to talk or communicate. They don't seem to ask him many questions either.
I think we don't see him talking because they just don't film it and because they don't verbally engage him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I replayed that part a couple times and i couldn't understand what he said at all. I never would have guessed he wanted a cookie. Maybe its because I am not around kids that little very much?
I have kids Jackson and Calvin's age and I couldn't understand him. Lol That clip just made me realize how rarely they show him even trying to speak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

I was shocked when Jared referred to toy cars as vroom vrooms when he was buying presents for calvins birthday, why don't u just say car and teach him the right word no wonder he doesn't talk! I feel like calvins lack of words is due to them babying him!

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Just to add to the speech conversation, this is a sort of compilation of my third child talking between around 20 months- 3years 3 months. She's average. Not advanced/delayed, just a neuro-typical kid, who met all her milestones as expected.
Just to give an idea of what an "average" toddler sounds like, with no impediments, delays, or being "gifted" or advanced. Obviously, deviations from this are absolutely normal as well, give or take a few months.
[video][/video]

(These are clips taken from my personal vlog, but I've uploaded them to a sock puppet youtube account, as I don't really want my vlog associated with my YTMD account :) )
:roll:
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

I felt awkward watching Calvin's birthday party. It is Calvin AND Boston's birthday, but nobody did anything special for Boston.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:I felt awkward watching Calvin's birthday party. It is Calvin AND Boston's birthday, but nobody did anything special for Boston.
Ok I'll admit I posted that before watching the whole vlog... I'm just team Boston so I was feeling sad (lol). Glad to see Boston got his own party!
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Theirmom wrote:Just to add to the speech conversation, this is a sort of compilation of my third child talking between around 20 months- 3years 3 months. She's average. Not advanced/delayed, just a neuro-typical kid, who met all her milestones as expected.
Just to give an idea of what an "average" toddler sounds like, with no impediments, delays, or being "gifted" or advanced. Obviously, deviations from this are absolutely normal as well, give or take a few months.

(These are clips taken from my personal vlog, but I've uploaded them to a sock puppet youtube account, as I don't really want my vlog associated with my YTMD account :) )
Awww she is so cute! So at the beginning, she is 20 months which is 4 months younger than Calvin. She knows so many words, and can repeat after you. I am sorry, but I am firmly in the speech delay camp for Calvin... esp after seeing this. Plus my 10 years of babysitting/nannying/working at a preschool. There is nothing wrong with having a speech delay, but get your kid some help or at least get him evaluated. I have heard early intervention can make a huge impact.

My husband had a speech delay when he was little, and he had a speech impediment until he went to college. (Couldn't say his R's). His parents never got him any speech therapy or did any testing (homeschooled... Nothing wrong with it, but I don't agree with not helping your kid with speech issues). He is super smart (has an MBA), but he still struggles with some language processing issues. I know he could have greatly benefited from some sort of speech therapy when he was young.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:

Plus the boys wear the same pjs every night, and anyone with kids in diapers knows how gross that is, even with no leaks. Ellie's kids look like they are clean and well dressed, but I bet they are quite unhygienic.

Bonnie shouldn't take her kids out in pjs (no class), but I'd rather see kids clean than stylish, and most of the time the Hoellein kids are clean and also well dressed.
I feel like Bonnie's boys are always in those same grey sleepers with the tools or bulldozers on them.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Theirmom wrote:Just to add to the speech conversation, this is a sort of compilation of my third child talking between around 20 months- 3years 3 months. She's average. Not advanced/delayed, just a neuro-typical kid, who met all her milestones as expected.
[video][/video]

Your daughter is adorable.. her little voice is so sweet! :)
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Asking your kids open ended questions and reading to them helps develop language. Also not baby talking to them.
Most of the vloggers will ask yes and no questions.
We rarely see an open ended question and once in a while we see them read to the kids. Katie does these things with Gaines which is one reason why she speaks so well.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
[video][/video]

Your daughter is adorable.. her little voice is so sweet! :)
^ Yes! And the unprompted "boobie" got me. Image

Reaalllyyy want to make a joke about Cal not knowing that word... buuut, I won't. Not today. Image
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Jackson and Calvin wore the same exact clothes yesterday and today in a a portion of the vlog. Y'all can not tell me that is normal!
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Just to weigh in on the topics going around.

1. I feel like his birthday party was pathetic. Like that is what we would do on a week day birthday but then would have a bigger but not over the top family dinner/party on the weekend.

2. For the clothing it seems weird to me that they would buy all new things for the trailer which most people use their old things for but not spend extra 30 on PJs for their kids. Yes with kids in diapers they need clean clothes every day.

3. Yes he is way behind in speech and early intervention is best but I have known a lot of kids to barely speak at 2 and they are fine. My son was talking in sentences way before 2 but I read to him all the time, sang songs with him and speak to him like an adult. I am old so I researched this ahead of time. I feel like if I had kids in my early 20s I wouldn't have been the same mom I am now. Not a bad mom but just different. Maybe that is the difference. She obviously isn't very literate.

4. OMG that Christmas video from 2001 is just sad to me. Why is it about what they got? Bonnie just seems so sweet. How do you even share a winter coat? Someone would always be cold or stuck at home. What's with the hot wheels?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Ducklings4 wrote:Also not baby talking to them.
I see this on these forums every time speech delay is discussed (which seems like every other day) and I feel the need to say that this is not true. Mothereese aka "baby talk" is a fundamental part of helping a child learn how to talk. The accentuated vowels help children learn the phonemes of their native language as well the boundaries of speech which is otherwise a continuous stream of sound (ever notice how people speaking a foreign language seem to never breathe?). Baby talk is a linguistic universal, meaning that it is present in all cultures around the world and about as instinctive as the desire to hold your child close to your body. It's not really needed anymore when a child is past toddlerhood, but even though it may stop helping, it doesn't do any harm. it is also totally okay to use childish words if they are more exciting/ easier to pronounce: the kid will learn the real word eventually but in the meantime they are missing out on engaging if they don't have a placeholder word for something. Sorry for the tangent, but I see this really often and I worry that someone will take it to heart and only speak to their child in monotone, which would actually harm speech development.
Last edited by sasperillo on Wed May 24, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”