C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Anyone notoce that Brooks had a small piece of the pool noodle, chewing on it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

crowmtmom78 wrote:Anyone notoce that Brooks had a small piece of the pool noodle, chewing on it?

It isn't a pool noodle, it's a Gerber puff snack thingy.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

crowmtmom78 wrote:Anyone notoce that Brooks had a small piece of the pool noodle, chewing on it?

And what was that wrapper on the floor? I am the World's Worst Housekeeper, and even I don't just leave trash on my kitchen floor. Katie was sitting a foot away from it. And I know Cullen could see it through the viewfinder. Right next to Katie was a plastic storage container lid. On the floor.
On a positive note, Brooks is way too cute! I love his little raspberries! And they were grilling chicken, so that's good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Yeah, the only thing deceiving about that diet challenge was they didn't disclose they were getting paid to get people to sign up. If their subscribers are dumb enough to fall into a pyramid scheme, that's on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Brooks spinning around on his booty was so CUTE!!! lol He had me giggling!
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It sounded like such a cute story that Cullen was describing with Gaines in his dad's truck. She really is such a smart little girl.

I wish Cullen would have moved to a different parking spot before spraying those hornets. I would have been pissed if that had been my car that he got insecticide all over.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

askeptichere wrote:Yeah, the only thing deceiving about that diet challenge was they didn't disclose they were getting paid to get people to sign up. If their subscribers are dumb enough to fall into a pyramid scheme, that's on them.

Yeah... isn't that kind of the art of selling? You don't advertise something you're trying to sell by saying, "Hey! I'm going to profit off of this, so you should buy it!" If that's all they did, then I don't really see how they could be labeled as scam artists?

I feel like we're missing something here though. Wasn't there another factor in the whole thing that made it seem more... scam-y? Lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Yeah, the only thing deceiving about that diet challenge was they didn't disclose they were getting paid to get people to sign up. If their subscribers are dumb enough to fall into a pyramid scheme, that's on them.

Yeah... isn't that kind of the art of selling? You don't advertise something you're trying to sell by saying, "Hey! I'm going to profit off of this, so you should buy it!" If that's all they did, then I don't really see how they could be labeled as scam artists?

I feel like we're missing something here though. Wasn't there another factor in the whole thing that made it seem more... scam-y? Lol
They specifically said that they weren't making anything off it. That a friend of theirs was selling it. I agree that if vloggers are selling something and people buy it, it's on them. But they outright lied. "No, we're not making anything off this. We just recommend it" That's the issue people have.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:

If I remember correctly, they were telling people that their "friend" would be the one getting them set up for the challenge, but in reality they were the ones profiting. Based on what I know about MLMs, the friend was probably part of their up-line, so they signed up under her, and anyone who signed up under C&K would be making them $ as well as commission for the "friend." I wasn't on this board when it was discovered, so I'm fuzzy on the details.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

How did we find out that they were making money off it and not their friend?
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:How did we find out that they were making money off it and not their friend?
If you go back to Part 1 of their thread on the forum, about halfway down page 20 someone posted some screenshots of someone outing them in a comment how they never disclosed that they were making money, and Cullen responded that they were always upfront about being consultants, but no one could find in previous vlogs them every confessing to be consultants. They said their friend was handling the sign-ups because they didn't have the time.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:How did we find out that they were making money off it and not their friend?
If you go back to Part 1 of their thread on the forum, about halfway down page 20 someone posted some screenshots of someone outing them in a comment how they never disclosed that they were making money, and Cullen responded that they were always upfront about being consultants, but no one could find in previous vlogs them every confessing to be consultants. They said their friend was handling the sign-ups because they didn't have the time.
Thanks, I'll look, i just couldnt remember how it was found out.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

[youtube][/youtube]
I hope I posted the video correctly. If not, it's the one titled 28 DAYS TO HEALTHY LIVING on their channel. It's basically a commercial for Arbonne. I'm not going to go through and watch all of their diet vlogs, but in this video at 5:00 and 17:05, Cullen made a big deal that it wasn't a brand deal, and they spent a lot of money to do it. At one point they compared it to Mary Kay, but didn't flat out say they were the consultants. They talked a lot about their friend Stacy though, her journey, and how she would be the one to sign everyone up and send them their starter packs.

They also went on a tangent about how fed up they are with their current lifestyle of staying up way too late, not eating until 9pm or later, and grabbing takeout instead of cooking at home. All the same things they're still struggling with. They were convinced that after the 28 days, their total mindset would be changed.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Playsinrain wrote:
TeaFor2 wrote:No they didn't force anyone to join. Just like how daily bumps or ellie and Jared don't force anyone to watch.

The difference I can see is that E&j, D&b do heavey clickbait videos versus Katie and Cullen who actually took money from their viewers.... Wtf

DB aren't innocent of this!!! They stole all that money from the horse ranch! And wasn't there some issue with E&J and some shirts for their cancer stricken aunt that wasn't so kosher?
DB collected like $300 total for the horse ranch. And they did eventually donate the money. One of those Arbonne kits cost more than that. I've always felt like what C&K did was worse. They didn't need to lie about it, but they did. They were deceitful from the start about the money and continued to lie after they got caught.
DCarmen26
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by DCarmen26 »

Katie's IG story of Cullen playing with MG has me like

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

I'm doing my much needed catch up with these two and I'm watching the new bed reveal. I noticed the crosses in the Easter pic Katie showed of MG, so my question is did her and Cullen go to religious schools? Private? Public? Just curious about their education to see where MG may end up!
Side note: She has grown up so much in that short amount of time, makes me think of how different my (no longer baby) cousin will be when I finally see him

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

spacekitty wrote:I'm doing my much needed catch up with these two and I'm watching the new bed reveal. I noticed the crosses in the Easter pic Katie showed of MG, so my question is did her and Cullen go to religious schools? Private? Public? Just curious about their education to see where MG may end up!
Side note: She has grown up so much in that short amount of time, makes me think of how different my (no longer baby) cousin will be when I finally see him Image

I think she went to a Mother's Day Out program just one day a week at their church.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

spacekitty wrote:I'm doing my much needed catch up with these two and I'm watching the new bed reveal. I noticed the crosses in the Easter pic Katie showed of MG, so my question is did her and Cullen go to religious schools? Private? Public? Just curious about their education to see where MG may end up!
Side note: She has grown up so much in that short amount of time, makes me think of how different my (no longer baby) cousin will be when I finally see him Image

I don't know anything about their education other than they went to a state college. MG went to a mother's day out program at a church, and when they bought their house, they mentioned that it was in the school district they wanted, so I'd assume they would be sending the kids to public school. Though I think Kelly and Jay send their kids to private school, so you never know.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I have no idea what their grade school and high school were like.. although i don't think they went to the same school bc they didn't know each other until they met in college (isn't it strange how paths cross? Obviously they grew up in the same general area but didn't meet until they were both living elsewhere). I think faith is something they grew up learning was important, and are passing that to the kids, but i don't think they would be searching out religious schools exclusively, but could very well go with private school for the kids, although the public school district they are in now is excellent.
The church based moms day out program isn't out of the ordinary in the south. My kids went to a church MDO program, and MANY churches around here offer them. You don't have to be a member for the kids to go there (in my experience anyway) but they do include faith based teaching (bible stories and crafts, teaching them prayers and religious children's songs). Now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure that in my community the ONLY place that offers MDO programs are churches. At least for that age group (going on 2 years old - 3.5 years), bc regular preschool doesnt start until 4. (both of mine were in MDO for 2 years before preschool)

Return to “Cullen and Katie”