Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

snkjdgs wrote: 6. Must have been hard for mommy Bonnie to put those pajama's on Boston when she did not have a matching pair for Cody.....which supports theory/comment #3 - the pj's were meant for someone else, because we could see they are pretty snug on Boston.
I think they got the same pair for Calvin (who shares a birthday with Boston) too. Maybe they got mixed up?
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

The pjs were 4t. Grandma Griffiths even checked the tag in the vlog and asked if that was his size. It is a weird gift and it was funny that they couldn't get Boston excited about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:The pjs were 4t. Grandma Griffiths even checked the tag in the vlog and asked if that was his size. It is a weird gift and it was funny that they couldn't get Boston excited about it.

On my daughter's third birthday, my sister gave her a Barbie, and my brother and his wife gave her some very pretty dresses. She literally pushed the dresses away. Could _not_ get her happy about them. It's too funny that Boston was unimpressed with his pajamas. Can't blame him.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

littlebaby wrote: He's such a lil man!

Tbh, at the beginning of this scene I couldn't tell if that was Boston or Cody! Lol! He's looking more mature and more like his older brother. He's too cute <3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Did Cody really say "Boston" when asked what the "Happy Birthday" sign says?? I only got maybe 3 minutes into the vlog.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

alym0326 wrote:Did Cody really say "Boston" when asked what the "Happy Birthday" sign says?? I only got maybe 3 minutes into the vlog.

Even worse, just last year when Olivia was at her grandmother's, she got a Tooth Fairy coin and thought it said "happy birthday".
They're doing those kids no favors by taking them out of school so much.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
alym0326 wrote:Did Cody really say "Boston" when asked what the "Happy Birthday" sign says?? I only got maybe 3 minutes into the vlog.

Even worse, just last year when Olivia was at her grandmother's, she got a Tooth Fairy coin and thought it said "happy birthday".

While I agree they shouldn't be missing so much school, Cody is just finishing half day Kindergarten. Are they really supposed to be reading by this point?

My son didn't learn reading until Grade 1, and they started with sight words, so I wouldn't expect Cody to be able to just sound it out anyway (why I hate sight words).
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

snkjdgs wrote:
3. No birthday presents from Aunts and Uncles - odd, but I guess before YouTube they were "poor" and could not afford presents. Now they are just to lazy to buy presents.
To be fair, there's a lot of grandkids in their family, that's a lot kids to buy presents for. There's 14 grandkids on my husbands side of the family and we don't buy presents for each other's kids birthdays because there's just too many. The kids don't miss out, they'd rather spend time with their cousins and play.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

While I agree they shouldn't be missing so much school, Cody is just finishing half day Kindergarten. Are they really supposed to be reading by this point?

My son didn't learn reading until Grade 1, and they started with sight words, so I wouldn't expect Cody to be able to just sound it out anyway (why I hate sight words).
I get Cody not knowing. But he's almost done with kindergarten. So I would expect him to at least try to sound it out. He just guessed. But Olivia should have been able to read "Tooth Fairy".

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: Not Your Average BonBon Part 11

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Is it not strange to not recognize your siblings name? Especially since it's pretty short. My 3 year old recognizes his brother's name. But then again my kids are in school with all their things labeled. I guess since Boston doesn't do anything requiring labeling Cody may not be exposed to how his siblings' names are spelled and look like.

Pretty embarrassing to see those older kids in fleece footie PJs in public.

jc_1711
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by jc_1711 »

menehune wrote:I got that impression as well. I thought the preaching about what is courteous sounded a lot like Ellie preaching in Walmart.

If you met Bonnie through her kids' school, then it couldn't have been pre-YT. Bonnie had already started making videos before Olivia began school and was definitely appearing regularly in Ellie's by then (as had the kids).
No, I'm not a man but I have one in my life.

I'm not saying she is ugly inside for not waving, saying "Hi" or not smiling. It is from seeing her and how she has acted throughout the years and then seeing her put on a "show" in her vlogs. Like I said, people may think she is beautiful on the outside but when you see her and hear her in person as well in her vlogs, it presents a more realistic and not so nice picture.

As I'm reading through the comments I see that some are suspecting that I may be "catfishing". Others say they need "proof" that I know Bonnie. Let's just say that we live about 4 blocks away from Bonnie and Joel and we also live in the same stake. I met her before she had her success on YT. Our kids went to the same school but that's NOT where we met. My comments are just a window into the "reality" of her channel. My experiences are not observations but interactions. Yes, I tried to wave, say hello, and smile just like any other normal person would do in passing but there were also times where we were at church gatherings and what you see in the vlogs was not how she acted at these events. I am not impressed by her at all!

Also, I know others who have had conversations with her when the camera was not around and they were very disappointed in her "attitude" regarding this new "job" of theirs. Maybe that it why it seems that she doesn't have many friends and only spends time with family. Something to think about....

Also, there were quite a few parents that disagreed with Bonnie taking the kids out of school and going to Hawaii and then Disneyland. I don't know if the district did anything about it. Bonnie has admitted in her vlogs that she doesn’t care what people think because it is something she wanted to do. She is a very selfish person. When you become a parent, it is no longer about you. Once you have children, they are your number one priority. What kind of message is she sending to her kids?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

People were saying that they wouldn't wave or smile back if a stranger waved but it sounds like you're not a _total_ stranger. If you live a few blocks away, and your kids go to the same school, and you're in the same stake at church, it's not outrageous to expect a response. If I am walking my dog, and I am a couple of blocks from my house, if someone says "hi" or smiles at me, I respond in kind. And I am a total hermit. I don't binge watch Grey's Anatomy-- I am more into Outlander and classic films, but I don't go out much. But I still say hi to my neighbors.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

LydiaE wrote:99% of the posts on this board are examples of observation-based judgement. We're observing, analyzing, and discussing the Youtubers based on the videos they upload. This poster that claims to have seen Bonnie in person has the added benefit of observing in-person body language, linguistics, and real-time social interactions with others and her children.

To some extent, we on this board are all snarky, "bitchy", "cold","insecure", and "judgmental", and at risk of misinterpretation. We are gossiping afterall!
That poster also had another added benefit of observing/interacting Bonnie when she was without her vlogging persona and it seems it is her real off-camera persona the poster is referring to regarding Bonnie's less likeable character. Posters on this board don't get that advantage (obviously), which is why it's always fascinating to watch vloggers in other Youtubers videos in the background to see if there is any change in their persona.

It's so red neck taking kids that age out in onesies and even more so considering it was a birthday breakfast, no matter how informal. Someone mentioned why Bonnie couldn't just let her two perfectly capable 4 and 6 y/o's go get themselves dressed. If you noticed, both boys were wearing baseball hats and I have a feeling it's because Bonnie hadn't styled their hair. I think she has the same mentality with boys hair as she does with girls. Eg; she's not going to put them in clothes if she hasn't spent the time to style their hair and as she takes such pride (read: such a ridiculous amount of time) styling their hair she wouldn't want to show herself up (in her mind) by clothing them, but then leaving them with unkempt hair (in her mind).
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

Scar2016 wrote:
LydiaE wrote:99% of the posts on this board are examples of observation-based judgement. We're observing, analyzing, and discussing the Youtubers based on the videos they upload. This poster that claims to have seen Bonnie in person has the added benefit of observing in-person body language, linguistics, and real-time social interactions with others and her children.

To some extent, we on this board are all snarky, "bitchy", "cold","insecure", and "judgmental", and at risk of misinterpretation. We are gossiping afterall!
That poster also had another added benefit of observing/interacting Bonnie when she was without her vlogging persona and it seems it is her real off-camera persona the poster is referring to regarding Bonnie's less likeable character. Posters on this board don't get that advantage (obviously), which is why it's always fascinating to watch vloggers in other Youtubers videos in the background to see if there is any change in their persona.

It's so red neck taking kids that age out in onesies and even more so considering it was a birthday breakfast, no matter how informal. Someone mentioned why Bonnie couldn't just let her two perfectly capable 4 and 6 y/o's go get themselves dressed. If you noticed, both boys were wearing baseball hats and I have a feeling it's because Bonnie hadn't styled their hair. I think she has the same mentality with boys hair as she does with girls. Eg; she's not going to put them in clothes if she hasn't spent the time to style their hair and as she takes such pride (read: such a ridiculous amount of time) styling their hair she wouldn't want to show herself up (in her mind) by clothing them, but then leaving them with unkempt hair (in her mind).

Keep in mind that now with her hair extensions she is going to need a lot more extra time to get herself camera ready. I expect to see a lot of late morning or even afternoon starts to their vlogging.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I still feel like the poster should share proof with a mod that they even live in Logan near Bonnie before we take it as gospel that they know her. The "proof" they gave wasn't anything more than information.

Not saying it's isn't possible for Bonnie to be a bitch in real life, but something about this personal observation still seems vague to me. I'm surprised everyone else is so quick to believe it.

Then again, I was one of the ones that gave Sapphire the benefit of the doubt when no one trusted her and I got burned, so now I'm trusting no one without additional facts/info. It's too easy to fake an IP.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Yeah it's very vauge. It would have been more interesting describing some situations where you've interacted with Bonnie and how she acted rude towards you (everybody has a bad day). Talking about what others have heard or experienced isn't trustworthy for me.
I like Bonnie as a vlogger and I'm going to continue to believe that she is and has been herself in her vlogs with some weirdness and bitchiness like many other women.
I clicked on the link to her old blog which reminded me of her vlogging, no difference at all. I suspect that Bonnie is the type of person who doesn't take shit, remember she's a sagittarius (real, outspoken and temperamental)...
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I'm not a sensitive person at all but I get teary eyes when Bonnie brings Jackson because he gets to be a normal child for a moment. He seems so out of place around his own parents but acts just like any normal and talkative child around Bonnies family and Jared's parents...
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

I really enjoyed today's vlog, it was refreshing in a weird way haha

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

Namm wrote:I'm not a sensitive person at all but I get teary eyes when Bonnie brings Jackson because he gets to be a normal child for a moment. He seems so out of place around his own parents but acts just like any normal and talkative child around Bonnies family and Jared's parents...
And when Jacksons with his friends he is a different kid too. I love how Bonnie treats her nieces and nephews, reminds me of my Aunty Image

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Bonnie face timing Kate yesterday and her interactions with Jackson make me like her more. She really loves them and enjoys them.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”