OkBabiesRaisingBabies: Part 12

IheartBabies
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBabiesRaisingBabies: Part 12

Unread post by IheartBabies »

Would the house be under Oscar's name or both? These two are not even married yet
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

I don't think I've ever said good things about O&K on here before so don't start attacking me and calling me a butt buddy but I've actually been really enjoying these last few vlogs. Dare I say it, they've even made me smile a few times throughout the videos. I think it has everything to do with Kyra taking over. The vlogging and editing has gotten much better. They even seem happier. I'm glad for them.

And I know I'll probably get hate for this but I just don't think it's necessary to call an innocent baby ugly. I am by no means implying that all babies are cute because they just aren't. But that doesn't mean they deserve to be called ugly. No one in this world has control over how they look when they're born but YOU do have control over what you say about a person. I guess it just depends how nice of a person you are.
Nikolina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nikolina »

wolflily23 wrote:I don't think I've ever said good things about O&K on here before so don't start attacking me and calling me a butt buddy but I've actually been really enjoying these last few vlogs. Dare I say it, they've even made me smile a few times throughout the videos. I think it has everything to do with Kyra taking over. The vlogging and editing has gotten much better. They even seem happier. I'm glad for them.

And I know I'll probably get hate for this but I just don't think it's necessary to call an innocent baby ugly. I am by no means implying that all babies are cute because they just aren't. But that doesn't mean they deserve to be called ugly. No one in this world has control over how they look when they're born but YOU do have control over what you say about a person. I guess it just depends how nice of a person you are.

I don't think anyone has said the word "ugly", most have just said unfortunate, unattractive or not cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Nikolina wrote:
wolflily23 wrote:I don't think I've ever said good things about O&K on here before so don't start attacking me and calling me a butt buddy but I've actually been really enjoying these last few vlogs. Dare I say it, they've even made me smile a few times throughout the videos. I think it has everything to do with Kyra taking over. The vlogging and editing has gotten much better. They even seem happier. I'm glad for them.

I don't think anyone has said the word "ugly", most have just said unfortunate, unattractive or not cute.

People have definitely thrown the word ugly around here a few times regarding Alaya and even Levi. Regardless of which word you choose they're still talking about babies.
lunaroe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lunaroe »

wolflily23 wrote:
Nikolina wrote:

People have definitely thrown the word ugly around here a few times regarding Alaya and even Levi. Regardless of which word you choose they're still talking about babies.

EXACTLY!!!
But can we stop talking about the way a baby looks? Lmao jk idc what we talk about I just wanted to point out that It's always the same people talking about how she looks..but then if someone were to bring up Kyras mom oh dear lord how dare we!! But yet here are the same people talking about how she looks again HA.

Nikolina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nikolina »

Some babies are cute some are not. It doesn't mean they won't be successful, it doesn't mean they won't find love, it doesn't mean they'll be miserable, it doesn't mean they won't be happy, it doesn't mean they won't live a loving life.

It's just people's opinions, we've all been babies. I personally laugh at how ugly I was. I don't think it's a big deal. Even some beautiful celebrities were ugly babies.

wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Nikolina wrote:Some babies are cute some are not. It doesn't mean they won't be successful, it doesn't mean they won't find love, it doesn't mean they'll be miserable, it doesn't mean they won't be happy, it doesn't mean they won't live a loving life.

It's just people's opinions, we've all been babies. I personally laugh at how ugly I was. I don't think it's a big deal. Even some beautiful celebrities were ugly babies.

Oh I know people can have their own opinions. I just personally don't see how anyone can gain any sort of satisfaction by bringing a person down by their looks especially a baby. I have no doubt she could grow up to be successful, loved and happy BUT if she were to ever come across comments made about her as a baby or if these comments continue to be said about her as she grows she could very well be affected by them. If you hear how ugly you are/were quite often as a child growing up you can bet you'll probably start believing it as a teenager or even an adult. That goes for any child. Words are powerful.

And I know the comments made by people now will probably never be seen by her but like I said what does anyone really get out of calling her ugly, unfortunate looking or stating that she inherited all of her parents "worst" traits.
I'll take a shot in the dark and guess that most of the people who comment on her looks do not have kids of their own because when I read stuff like that I can't help but think of my own daughter and how hurtful it would be to hear comments like that.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Oscar in the "we bought a house" vlog:"We've been working for this for soooo long!!!". Hm. No you haven't. You've been working for it for a year and a half. But you only put any real work in it for about 6 months when you worked a real job. Even if it takes them 8 hours to edit a vlog that's 4 hours of work a day between the two of them. And that's on days when they manage to upload a vlog. Yet they "work so hard".
Most people work for 10+ years before they can buy their first home. I bought my home at 29 after 10 years of real work and I still was only able to buy it because my grandpa passed and left me some money for the down payment.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

dartkk15 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 3e6e77.png[/img] YIKES

That is not a cute baby.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
brittosmond1912
Talker
Talker

Unread post by brittosmond1912 »

The way people get defensive if you say a baby isn't cute my son was ugly af when he was born he was very Orem so looked like a wrinkly old man by one he was so adorable and was asked to model a few times so really people calm down I wasn't offended when they said he wasn't cute because he wasn't alaya isn't pretty but has the cutest personality love when she chats oscar and Kyra aren't attractive therefore a gorgeous baby just wasn't ever going to happen
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

I think it's perfectly fine to think a baby is not cute but when did it become acceptable to say it out loud now? I think even calling your own baby ugly is weird af to me.
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bayareamom »

"so what happens when the you tube fad ends its already starting! They will be stuck with a high mortgage and no way to get a job that will give them the same income as you tube especially these two!"

I swear, some of you act as though NO one other job will end - just YouTube. My husband went to one of the top law schools in this country (U.S.) and ended up being laid off twice, due to huge layoffs in the legal field years ago. The road in life isn't always easy, and believe me, NO JOB is sacred out there. No job is secure out there.

On the plus side, Oscar is extremely frugal and knows how to save his $$. That's a plus in anyone's book. These two managed to find something they enjoy doing and w/o any sort of higher education (in Kyra's case, no high school diploma), they've managed to do what most of us aren't able to do until we're much older. That invokes the green eye thing in probably most of us, I would imagine. A college degree is by no means the end all be all to living a happy, successful life. Although I would advise most young kids (or adults) to seek a college education, the simple fact is that college is not for everyone.

Whatever happens w/their YouTube journey, I'm sure they'll handle it. They've found their success far earlier in life than most young adults in their age bracket. On the other hand, they have a lot more responsibility to handle at their young age, than most of their age bracket. While some of you are some of Oscar's harshest critics - and although I agree w/some of what you have stated - I see a young man who was willing to step up, do the right thing, help raise his baby and take care of his family. Is he perfect? No. At times, he can be as irritating as hell. He's 20. He's young. He has a lot - A LOT - to learn yet. But I also see a very young man who clearly loves his children and Kyra.

My husband, although a kind man, was not exactly child friendly. He simply didn't know how to BE w/our little boy. He loved him, of that I'm certain, but he didn't know how to SHOW his love/affection for our son. Didn't come easy for him. Today, they get along just fine. They're two peas in a pod. When I look at the way Oscar is when he's w/Levi, for example, I see a young man who, although not perfect and who takes some very unreasonable risks with his son, HE GENUINELY LOVES BEING W/THAT LITTLE BOY. I SO wish this had been the case w/my husband when our son was Levi's age.

I really wish this young couple all the best in the world. They are going to go through life's ups and downs just as all the rest of us. And they've beaten all the odds and did what probably most people in their lives didn't think they'd be able to do.

Congrats to them both.
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unknowngirly wrote:I think it's perfectly fine to think a baby is not cute but when did it become acceptable to say it out loud now? I think even calling your own baby ugly is weird af to me.
Exactly!
Everyone knows most babies look a little weird at first (they still need to grow into their features) but I've never met a parent who would bluntly say their own baby was ugly lol That seems weird to me to.
And its not that im getting defensive. You think its okay to call a baby ugly and I dont. I'm entitled to express my opinion on here just like all of those who have called her ugly.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Bayareamom wrote:"so what happens when the you tube fad ends its already starting! They will be stuck with a high mortgage and no way to get a job that will give them the same income as you tube especially these two!"

I swear, some of you act as though NO one other job will end - just YouTube. My husband went to one of the top law schools in this country (U.S.) and ended up being laid off twice, due to huge layoffs in the legal field years ago. The road in life isn't always easy, and believe me, NO JOB is sacred out there. No job is secure out there.

On the plus side, Oscar is extremely frugal and knows how to save his $$. That's a plus in anyone's book. These two managed to find something they enjoy doing and w/o any sort of higher education (in Kyra's case, no high school diploma), they've managed to do what most of us aren't able to do until we're much older. That invokes the green eye thing in probably most of us, I would imagine. A college degree is by no means the end all be all to living a happy, successful life. Although I would advise most young kids (or adults) to seek a college education, the simple fact is that college is not for everyone.

Whatever happens w/their YouTube journey, I'm sure they'll handle it. They've found their success far earlier in life than most young adults in their age bracket. On the other hand, they have a lot more responsibility to handle at their young age, than most of their age bracket. While some of you are some of Oscar's harshest critics - and although I agree w/some of what you have stated - I see a young man who was willing to step up, do the right thing, help raise his baby and take care of his family. Is he perfect? No. At times, he can be as irritating as hell. He's 20. He's young. He has a lot - A LOT - to learn yet. But I also see a very young man who clearly loves his children and Kyra.

My husband, although a kind man, was not exactly child friendly. He simply didn't know how to BE w/our little boy. He loved him, of that I'm certain, but he didn't know how to SHOW his love/affection for our son. Didn't come easy for him. Today, they get along just fine. They're two peas in a pod. When I look at the way Oscar is when he's w/Levi, for example, I see a young man who, although not perfect and who takes some very unreasonable risks with his son, HE GENUINELY LOVES BEING W/THAT LITTLE BOY. I SO wish this had been the case w/my husband when our son was Levi's age.

I really wish this young couple all the best in the world. They are going to go through life's ups and downs just as all the rest of us. And they've beaten all the odds and did what probably most people in their lives didn't think they'd be able to do.

Congrats to them both.
Obviously no jobs are secure but most people either have degrees or have years experience to help them get another job, oscar and Keira have nothing they would most likely have to work for min wage!

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

wolflily23 wrote:
Unknowngirly wrote:I think it's perfectly fine to think a baby is not cute but when did it become acceptable to say it out loud now? I think even calling your own baby ugly is weird af to me.
Exactly!
Everyone knows most babies look a little weird at first (they still need to grow into their features) but I've never met a parent who would bluntly say their own baby was ugly lol That seems weird to me to.
And its not that im getting defensive. You think its okay to call a baby ugly and I dont. I'm entitled to express my opinion on here just like all of those who have called her ugly.
Thank you! Stop telling people they are easily offended or they are being "too sensitive" when you're literally calling a BABY ugly. No amount of arguing this is going to change my mind. Sorry
LynnGLOVE8989
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by LynnGLOVE8989 »

To answer the question about what happens when YouTube stops paying... they use their savings to continue with the mortgage as they put the house on the market until it sells. They seem to have decent savings to survive. YouTube won't just cease to exist over night, I'm sure they will notice when things start going downhill.
amykay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amykay »

I'm not going to quote that long ass quote from bayareamom but that argument that "no job is guaranteed" is literally soooo stupid. Sure, maybe you can get fired and or laid off from any job, but you have already acquired the education, skills and previous experience to get a new job. Oscar and Kyra have no "skills" and Kyra doesn't even have a high school diploma! What would they put on a resume? "We vlogged on YouTube for a few years?" Like come onnn
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

"Obviously no jobs are secure but most people either have degrees or have years experience to help them get another job, oscar and Keira have nothing they would most likely have to work for min wage!"

Most people have degrees? SO not true. Not true at all. I'm not going to get into any sort of protracted argument on this one, but I'll say this: I don't have a college degree, although I did attend college for a couple of years. I quit, not because I didn't have the intellect to complete my degree (I was in advanced classes throughout my youth/academic years)...I simply didn't know what I wanted to do w/myself. FOR ME, it was a case of going out into the world, exploring the possibilities and going from there. I ended up, quite by accident, in the legal field. And guess what? I LOVED it. No one in my family, was an attorney. I became a Legal Assistant and not only loved what I did, but I made a nice salary along with it.

My advice (not that anyone's looking for it): Don't get so hung up on what you THINK someone else should be doing, in order to live successfully. Most of today's extremely successful individuals, have no college degree whatsoever. I'm not advocating NOT going to college. Our son is in college and I strongly urged him to attend (but he knew he wanted to go anyway). But college is definitely not for everyone. We all have our own individual gifts and abilities. Hopefully, we all have parents who understand those gifts and help to nurture those gifts, for our futures.

Oscar doesn't need validation from any one of us, in order to do what HE feels is best FOR HIM. He's learning about himself and his journey, just as everyone else is. And perhaps, down the road, he will decide that he does want that college degree, or that perhaps going into real estate, like his dad, is something he'd like to try.

I will say that I hope Kyra takes the time to get her GED. If I were her mom, I'd get on her case about that one issue.

But again, having a college degree does not equate to success in life. And by the by, what IS success? MONEY? A nice home? All the clothes you can possibly own? Or is is something else? Maybe happiness in life isn't really measured by those things. I would suggest it isn't, just as my husband and I have found after all our years together.

If I were Oscar's and Kyra's parents, I would be very proud of them. They did it, despite all the contrariness they received when they ventured out on this YouTube issue. I probably would have been one of their naysayers and tried talking them out of it, admittedly. I am happy for them. I just hope they can stay grounded and centered w/everything. If they can keep their heads on straight, they'll be okay.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Bayareamom wrote:"so what happens when the you tube fad ends its already starting! They will be stuck with a high mortgage and no way to get a job that will give them the same income as you tube especially these two!"

Congrats to them both.
Many of us realize that jobs in other fields do end as well, we're not idiots. I'm sure plenty of us here have also experienced losing a job or having a company close. What we're stressing is that they do not have a backup plan if that happens. Obviously youtube is not going anywhere. The changes in adsense and declining views is what kills a youtube channel. When your husband lost his job he had an extensive resume and degrees to fall back on. What does kyra have? You can't put "vlogger" and youtuber on an application and expect to be taken seriously. They cannot live off of savings for the rest of their lives. Look at Mark Zuckburg he just graduated from Harvard. Having a back up plan never hurts. And I doubt he's in need of money.
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

"I'm not going to quote that long ass quote from bayareamom but that argument that "no job is guaranteed" is literally soooo stupid. Sure, maybe you can get fired and or laid off from any job, but you have already acquired the education, skills and previous experience to get a new job. Oscar and Kyra have no "skills" and Kyra doesn't even have a high school diploma! What would they put on a resume? "We vlogged on YouTube for a few years?" Like come onnn"

REALLY. Here's a pickle: How much experience do you think anyone has right after graduating college? You have your degree, but do you realize that in some professions, it's hard to get into the door EVEN WITH YOUR DEGREE? There is a tremendous amount of competition out there. Many law school graduates, as but one example, are finding just how extremely difficult it is to find work right after graduation. And it's harder now than it was when my husband graduated (from Boalt Law School).

I understand what you're saying. And no, I'm not stupid, I'M JUST REALISTIC. A college degree does NOT GUARANTEE you one damned thing. And yes, had I been in Oscar's family and he was someone that came to me for advice, I would have urged him to either get an Associate's degree, or some sort of technical degree. I would have urged Kyra - strongly - get at least get her GED. On those issues, I would agree wholeheartedly.

But if any of you younger folks think that you can hang your hat on one college degree and the rest of your life will be easy, I've news for you. It doesn't always work out that way. My husband once sounded just like most of you here on this forum. He literally thought that because he had graduated at the top of his class, at a top notch law school, that he had it made. He's an excellent attorney and is doing well, NOW. But believe me, it's been a long hard journey for him, and most of his co workers. Some fields are far more stressful and far more difficult to navigate than others, that's for certain.

Just be realistic. What works for one person, may not be the answer for another. In the end, what Oscar and Kyra do w/themselves is up to them to decide. They may end up crashing and burning. I hope not, but if they do, they'll have to find a way to pick themselves up, just as the rest of us have had to do.

Return to “OKBaby”