Notachild
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBabiesRaisingBabies: Part 12

Unread post by Notachild »

Unknowngirly wrote:
greeneyes21 wrote:Soo ive been cleaning all morning, and i finally got to take a break.. And wow this thread went downhill Image Image
It went from talking about not so cute alaya to education advice wtf Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Seriously maybe we should go back to talking about kyras mom lol
or Oscar's hair. lol
flokofloz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by flokofloz »

Bayareamom wrote:
I swear, some of you act as though NO one other job will end - just YouTube. My husband went to one of the top law schools in this country (U.S.) and ended up being laid off twice, due to huge layoffs in the legal field years ago. The road in life isn't always easy, and believe me, NO JOB is sacred out there. No job is secure out there.

On the other hand, they have a lot more responsibility to handle at their young age, than most of their age bracket.
Amen! People here don't understand that you can do well in life without a degree (even if it's always good to have one).
Also yes, Oscar is my brother's age. My brother is in med school but he is partying a lot, had a few relationships, he would NOT be able to vlog/edit everyday and have 2 babies. I think people tend to forget how young they are. Yes they don't do sh*t except for Youtoube (which is a responsibility) and take care of their kids (also a big responsibility), but they are f*ckung 19/20/21 yo and are doing wayyy more than most of the kids that are their age, and have no responsibilities at all. Seriously at least half of the kids that are 20 yo just hang out, smoke weed and get drunk, even if they are in college and trying to get a degree lol!
Bayareamom wrote: Most people have degrees? SO not true. Not true at all.
But again, having a college degree does not equate to success in life. And by the by, what IS success? MONEY? A nice home? All the clothes you can possibly own? Or is is something else? Maybe happiness in life isn't really measured by those things.
I once again agree! My parents in law had a baby at the age of 18/20 and then 3 other kids every 4 years. They worked hard and they bought a house at the age of 22. It was not always easy, but I'm pretty sure they have no regrets. 2 of their children have a high school degree (which they would not need), 2 have a bachelor's degree. My partner has a bachelor degree and he has been looking for a job since 2015. His little brother got a job before him!
Bayareamom wrote: REALLY. Here's a pickle: How much experience do you think anyone has right after graduating college? You have your degree, but do you realize that in some professions, it's hard to get into the door EVEN WITH YOUR DEGREE? There is a tremendous amount of competition out there. Many law school graduates, as but one example, are finding just how extremely difficult it is to find work right after graduation. And it's harder now than it was when my husband graduated (from Boalt Law School).

I understand what you're saying. And no, I'm not stupid, I'M JUST REALISTIC. A college degree does NOT GUARANTEE you one damned thing.
Exactly!!

But I do think that Kyra should get her GED though! I also think that they should maybe take one or two online classes. But once again, you can succeed in life without a degree or have a degree and find no jobs. They probably save money and will be able to pay off the house, even if they are paid min wage one day. I'm actually not worried about that. I think if there is something they are smart about, it's money haha!

Also agree with the person who said that she enjoys their vlogs lately! They seem to do a lot better! I can see that they have a schedule, more interaction with Alaya, kisses. It's enjoyable, even if they are always late.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

My main point was they need some sort of backup plan. Do I really think kyra is gonna go to college? No, she can't even get a real license. Would it benefit her in the future? Hell yes.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

This thread isn't even fun anymore. Seriously. There's too many people who think they know everything. We don't come here for life advice, we come here to bitch about OK. SHIT. When y'all are ready to be gossipers again, let me know.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
amandahhh43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by amandahhh43 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Highlighter »

Don't worry everyone! In my country they have degrees like 'basket-weaving' for the people who think that a degree is better than no degree even if they are the kind of people who shouldn't and aren't suited to go to college! Who cares about splashing the cash as long as you have a degree :)
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

Good lord. I am not reading any of those long ass replies

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

Highlighter wrote:Don't worry everyone! In my country they have degrees like 'basket-weaving' for the people who think that a degree is better than no degree even if they are the kind of people who shouldn't and aren't suited to go to college! Who cares about splashing the cash as long as you have a degree :)
Yawn
hanna_marie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hanna_marie »

Has anyone watched the House Q&A on Kbaby channel?
aspynferris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aspynferris »

hanna_marie wrote:Has anyone watched the House Q&A on Kbaby channel?
I'm watching it right now. I said earlier I didn't think Alaya was cute but she actually looked really adorable in this video. Kyra needs to get her angles right in her instagram pics haha
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

There's a huge difference in buying a house in your early 20's twenty years and and buying a house in your early 20's now. Like a HUGE difference.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I had a fairly low paying job and so did my husband and we purchased our own home when I was 22 years old.. I live in Georgia though where housing tends to be affordable.

ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

They originaly wanted 4 to 5 rooms but ended up with more than that? Jeez, how big is the house they got??
prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by prbeca »

For fucks sake why do they not have a damn plate yet
prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by prbeca »

Watching the Q&A:

-Oscar said he seems themselves moving in in 2-5 years. Why not just continue renting? Kyra said 20. That I could see.
-Oscar finally said he was looking for an actual thing people look for when buying a house (character) and not a pool or a hot tub.
-They seemed guilty when filing. They kept looking down. They just keep avoiding eye contact with the camera.
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

I'm sorry I can't stop it! It's haunting meImage
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Bayareamom wrote:"I'm not going to quote that long ass quote from bayareamom but that argument that "no job is guaranteed" is literally soooo stupid. Sure, maybe you can get fired and or laid off from any job, but you have already acquired the education, skills and previous experience to get a new job. Oscar and Kyra have no "skills" and Kyra doesn't even have a high school diploma! What would they put on a resume? "We vlogged on YouTube for a few years?" Like come onnn"

REALLY. Here's a pickle: How much experience do you think anyone has right after graduating college? You have your degree, but do you realize that in some professions, it's hard to get into the door EVEN WITH YOUR DEGREE? There is a tremendous amount of competition out there. Many law school graduates, as but one example, are finding just how extremely difficult it is to find work right after graduation. And it's harder now than it was when my husband graduated (from Boalt Law School).

I understand what you're saying. And no, I'm not stupid, I'M JUST REALISTIC. A college degree does NOT GUARANTEE you one damned thing. And yes, had I been in Oscar's family and he was someone that came to me for advice, I would have urged him to either get an Associate's degree, or some sort of technical degree. I would have urged Kyra - strongly - get at least get her GED. On those issues, I would agree wholeheartedly.

But if any of you younger folks think that you can hang your hat on one college degree and the rest of your life will be easy, I've news for you. It doesn't always work out that way. My husband once sounded just like most of you here on this forum. He literally thought that because he had graduated at the top of his class, at a top notch law school, that he had it made. He's an excellent attorney and is doing well, NOW. But believe me, it's been a long hard journey for him, and most of his co workers. Some fields are far more stressful and far more difficult to navigate than others, that's for certain.

Just be realistic. What works for one person, may not be the answer for another. In the end, what Oscar and Kyra do w/themselves is up to them to decide. They may end up crashing and burning. I hope not, but if they do, they'll have to find a way to pick themselves up, just as the rest of us have had to do.
You really arent understanding it are you? Your husband's degree is probably the reason he was able to do well later on in his field..you just contradicted yourself by saying the workplace is super competitive then saying that you dont need a degree...without a degree (esp without a GED) most jobs won't even look twice at you..you wont be competitive and i gurarantee 9/10 times the person with a degree will get a job over someone without one
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

Pineapples wrote:These 2 live pretty frugally so I'm guessing they put down quite a big cash amount on that house. Mortgage is probably going to be not much more than rent in that case.

I still dont understand why people say they live frugally? Take out, starbucks, traveling, Kyra always has new clothes/makeup/jewellery (except an engagement ring hahah)/shoes, electronics.

Yes they make alot of money but from what I see, they spend a lot as well.
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

You have two applicants for a job. One has a degree and has a work history although took some time off because they got laid off in budget cuts. The other one doesnt have a GED and only prior experience is listed as Ýoutube vlogger'. I sure as hell know who im going to pick
hippie_vegan_mama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hippie_vegan_mama »

Wow haven't posted in some time. People need to calm down about the education thing. Its not to fight about - obviously you can be plenty successful without a degree (heck many of the top CEO's and thinkers currently do not have a degree) but I don't think it is ever advisable to not obtain a degree if possible. Granted a degree doesn't secure you success, you have to actually work hard (which is where I get frustrated with OK - no degree, no actual work, lazy, etc.) Also, I don't foresee YouTube going down the drain any time in the near future, but I don't see their "fame" lasting for all too long. I do think that they need to at least have a backup plan, which may or may not entail a degree. I do have to say that I personally think a degree would be beneficial as people who may have great strengths and assets are almost always bumped down a notch to someone who has attained a degree (I have seen it quite often and I don't agree with the degree being the only quality that gives you an edge over someone who may be more skilled naturally) TBH I think its pretty ridiculous that its getting to the point where just any degree isn't worth all that much - to really have a shot at any major/successful you gotta practically be a superhuman who obtained impeccable work experience with a 4.0 from Harvard. LOL. I just don't feel that anyone should promote not obtaining a degree when the workforce is so incredibly competitive and not that you won't be successful without one, its just if you can get one great do it, if not you might have to work harder/more creatively to obtain equal success (obviously I don't mean always but it just tends to be the trend rn). Had to get that out lol. Also I don't think Alaya is particularly attractive but some of these comments are a little harsh... looks aren't a choice - like I don't think any of us would like to have people chatting behind our backs about how ugly we are. However I have no issue criticizing O and K's horrendous parenting style. LOL!

Return to “OKBaby”