C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

ferriswheel wrote:If you go back and watch their "Draw My Relationship" video, they were actually living in two different cities when they met.

I think college is something everyone should try, but it isn't for everyone.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
I just watched this again, I think I watched it for the first time like 6 months ago. They talk about Katie going to school and Cullen working in this video. They never say anything about Cullen going to school, just about a long distance relationship that almost didn't work out. I guess this video is why I assumed Cullen never went to school with Katie or even at all. If they went to school together they would see each other all the time. They met because Katie's friend in college went to high school with Cullen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm sitting here laughing a this convo, man you can tell a lot of yall aren't from the south.. I know at least 15-20 people who, if you saw them you would think that they were Alabama grads, just by how die hard they are (and some of those people didn't even graduate high school...) . College football is a religion down here and it runs thick and it runs deep. People will look at you like you are crazy if you tell them you dont have a football team that you pull for on Saturday's. The whole ROLL TIDE thing isn't just Cullen, its EVERYWHERE here. You are pretty much for sure to hear at lest 1 ROLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIDE in public on gamedays. Cullen knowing so much about the campus isnt strange either, i know a few people who could do the same for that campus and others just bc they have been there so often. (just like myself and the old Brave's stadium. I've been there so many times i could give tours.. lol) His behavior is by far typical of someone who lives here. Not at all strange or misleading. He has never said he was a Alabama grad and, has never lead on to that, hes just a fan... if he doesn't want to disclose where he went to school than that is absolutely his right, we don't have to know everything about them...
Last edited by Playsinrain on Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
ferriswheel wrote:If you go back and watch their "Draw My Relationship" video, they were actually living in two different cities when they met.

I think college is something everyone should try, but it isn't for everyone.

I just watched this again, I think I watched it for the first time like 6 months ago. They talk about Katie going to school and Cullen working in this video. They never say anything about Cullen going to school, just about a long distance relationship that almost didn't work out. I guess this video is why I assumed Cullen never went to school with Katie or even at all. If they went to school together they would see each other all the time. They met because Katie's friend in college went to high school with Cullen.

Bingo, they never alluded to the fact that he went to school with her..
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:I'm sitting here laughing a this convo, man you can tell a lot of yall aren't from the south.. I know at least 15-20 people who, if you saw them you would think that they were Alabama grads, just by how die hard they are (and some of those people didn't even graduate high school...) . College football is a religion down here and it runs thick and it runs deep. People will look at you like you are crazy if you tell them you dont have a football team that you pull for on Saturday's. The whole ROLL TIDE thing isn't just Cullen, its EVERYWHERE here. You are pretty much for sure to hear at lest 1 ROLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIDE in public on gamedays. Cullen knowing so much about the campus isnt strange either, i know a few people who could do the same for that campus and others just bc they have been there so often. (just like myself and the old Brave's stadium. I've been there so many times i could give tours.. lol) His behavior is by far typical of someone who lives here. Not at all strange or misleading. He has never said he was a Alabama grad and, has never lead on to that, hes just a fan... if he doesn't want to disclose where he went to school than that is absolutely his right, we don't have to know everything about them...
Yes!!! Here in Georgia though it's all about the bulldogs. I am not really a football person though. But tons of people I know are and many didn't graduate college let alone go to the university of Georgia.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Playsinrain wrote:I'm sitting here laughing a this convo, man you can tell a lot of yall aren't from the south.. I know at least 15-20 people who, if you saw them you would think that they were Alabama grads, just by how die hard they are (and some of those people didn't even graduate high school...) . College football is a religion down here and it runs thick and it runs deep. People will look at you like you are crazy if you tell them you dont have a football team that you pull for on Saturday's. The whole ROLL TIDE thing isn't just Cullen, its EVERYWHERE here. You are pretty much for sure to hear at lest 1 ROLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIDE in public on gamedays. Cullen knowing so much about the campus isnt strange either, i know a few people who could do the same for that campus and others just bc they have been there so often. (just like myself and the old Brave's stadium. I've been there so many times i could give tours.. lol) His behavior is by far typical of someone who lives here. Not at all strange or misleading. He has never said he was a Alabama grad and, has never lead on to that, hes just a fan... if he doesn't want to disclose where he went to school than that is absolutely his right, we don't have to know everything about them...

Around here it is OSU, everyone loves OSU!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Yes!!! Here in Georgia though it's all about the bulldogs. I am not really a football person though. But tons of people I know are and many didn't graduate college let alone go to the university of Georgia.

YEP!! I'm in GA too, but we are suuuuuuper close to the Alabama line, so we have a lot of both. The GA/AL game is crazy AF around here LOL. On gameday's its a mix of GO DAWGS *WOOFWOOFWOOF!!!* and ROLLLLL DAMN TIIIIIIDE!!!! :lol:
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

YEP!! I'm in GA too, but we are suuuuuuper close to the Alabama line, so we have a lot of both. The GA/AL game is crazy AF around here LOL. On gameday's its a mix of GO DAWGS *WOOFWOOFWOOF!!!* and ROLLLLL DAMN TIIIIIIDE!!!! :lol:
I know a lot of bama fans and even gator fans. I'm close to Atlanta. I feel left out for not knowing or caring about any of these teams. My brother in law is a very successful man, he is a lead manager for a big landscaping company. He didn't even graduate high school due to one missing credit. He is a HUGE bulldogs fan, he even has a man cave room in his basement dedicated to it and an expensive signed helmet/memorabilia etc. this is just how it is in the south. Cullen isn't trying to come across as a graduate, he just loves his team and his dad was probably the same way.

ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote: Yes!!! Here in Georgia though it's all about the bulldogs. I am not really a football person though. But tons of people I know are and many didn't graduate college let alone go to the university of Georgia.

YEP!! I'm in GA too, but we are suuuuuuper close to the Alabama line, so we have a lot of both. The GA/AL game is crazy AF around here LOL. On gameday's its a mix of GO DAWGS *WOOFWOOFWOOF!!!* and ROLLLLL DAMN TIIIIIIDE!!!! Image
I know a lot of bama fans and even gator fans. I'm close to Atlanta. I feel left out for not knowing or caring about any of these teams. My brother in law is a very successful man, he is a lead manager for a big landscaping company. He didn't even graduate high school due to one missing credit. He is a HUGE bulldogs fan, he even has a man cave room in his basement dedicated to it and an expensive signed helmet/memorabilia etc. this is just how it is in the south. Cullen isn't trying to come across as a graduate, he just loves his team and his dad was probably the same way.

It's not even just the south I'm pretty sure Nebraska fans can be just as hardcore.

Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

It's really a mixed bag here bc we have so many SEC schools!! I have good friends who are diehard Vols fans, my son is all about the Gators and my daughter is an Alabama fan, my step dad is Tech, my sister is Bulldogs. Fully decked out man caves are totally the norm. Also car tags, huge decals on your cars.. if it's got a college logo on it, its gonna be popular. Hell our Dollar General has a whole section of SEC merch!! And don't feel bad, i'm not at all a football fan, don't have a team to cheer on :lol: BUT.. my fandom lies in baseball, I'm a Braves fan till death *does the Chop* (but i also love me some Cubs and Red Sox too, fan of the game along with being a Braves fan)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ferriswheel wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: YEP!! I'm in GA too, but we are suuuuuuper close to the Alabama line, so we have a lot of both. The GA/AL game is crazy AF around here LOL. On gameday's its a mix of GO DAWGS *WOOFWOOFWOOF!!!* and ROLLLLL DAMN TIIIIIIDE!!!! Image

It's not even just the south I'm pretty sure Nebraska fans can be just as hardcore.

I think the whole college football craze is just more prevalent in the South and the midwest.. Texas is hardcore college ball, along with OK and Nebraska like you say.. I think there are big college football fans everywhere, its just a lot more rabid in some areas than others. :lol:
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

It can be like that in Michigan too with Michigan State and the University of Michigan. I live about the same distance from both schools and my dad, aunt, uncle, and I all went to MSU and my mom, grandpa, and another aunt went to UofM. My parents even have a "house divided" vanity plate on their car. Almost everyone I know has an allegiance to one of the teams, whether they attended the school or not. I guess that's why I never batted an eye at Cullen's enthusiasm for Alabama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

You're right. I live near Chicago, so I don't understand the obsession with college football and that's why I assumed Cullen actually went to Alabama.
Moving on...

Poor Gaines. I really wish they hadn't gone into so much detail of her tummy issues. She sure won't want that info floating around once she's in middle school. Those girls can be ruthless.

And the golf thing. They showed a lot more on Instagram stories. Kelly hasn't posted the JK vlog yet, so I wonder if she'll include more. It's obvious they snuck onto the course to hit some balls based on Cullen's statement of "golf and hide." I'm sure the golf club would frown upon it. Just because you live on a golf course doesn't mean you get free reign to hit balls and act like dumb high schoolers. You still have to pay for tee times during operating hours. You'd think they'd be a bit more respectful since they do live there. And to bring their impressionable nephew/son with them? Bennett doesn't need to be involved in trespassing.
runblondie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by runblondie »

Yes! I'm from Texas and you've got a team no matter whether you went to that school or not. And the only thing we all agree on is that OU sucks, no matter the time of day ;) College football loyalties run thicker than blood in the south. It's not just a game here!
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Yup Texan over here, and college football is huge! Everyone has their favorite team whether they went there or not. It is insane whenever the Longhorns play OU. I think this is just a case of cultural differences.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

It's all about Va Tech & UVA here.

Man, I wish slip-n-slide in my childhood was as cool as that! I just remember getting injured all the time and yes it was in the grass!

I also lol'd at the "adult size" poop commentary Gaines had. Sometimes all we need is just a big dump to feel better :lol:
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

bunny88 wrote:Yup Texan over here, and college football is huge! Everyone has their favorite team whether they went there or not. It is insane whenever the Longhorns play OU. I think this is just a case of cultural differences.
I totally think its a cultural thing, I think a good way to describe it is to compare it to pro ball.. Just bc you live in an area doesn't mean you have to be a fan of that team. Just bc you are a Cowboys fan doesn't mean you are from Texas, Yankees fan's aren't always from NY.. and that extends to college ball as well. Just bc you graduated from a school doesn't mean that has to be "your team". You could have went to Auburn but love Bama or Vols (although life on campus might be tough :lol:). Same with pro sports. I know ride or die Packers fans here in Georgia.. Some places just take the fandom's a lot more serious than others. Football in general is HUGE in the south, from High school football all the way to pro ball. I mean hell, we have FULL TACKLE football starting at age 4 here.. (i think thats a bit much, don't get me started on kids and head injuries from football bc i'm pretty outspoken on that subject, and being where i live people think i'm nuts.. my kids don't play football for a reason.)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:It's all about Va Tech & UVA here.

Man, I wish slip-n-slide in my childhood was as cool as that! I just remember getting injured all the time and yes it was in the grass!

I also lol'd at the "adult size" poop commentary Gaines had. Sometimes all we need is just a big dump to feel better :lol:
I have scars from my slip n' slide.. hell i never owned a REAL slip n slide until i bought one for my kids. We used a tarp and slid down the hill in the cow pasture.. watch out for the cow patties!!! :lol:
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

A few years back, my husband and his buddies would to sneak onto the golf course and night golf with glow balls. They had a blast.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Alisays
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Alisays »

I normally love C and K, but knowing Gaines was once again in the front seat, not in a car seat, while C was driving? I'm sure it was a small distance but I was cringing. It just worries me for her safety.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Alisays wrote:I normally love C and K, but knowing Gaines was once again in the front seat, not in a car seat, while C was driving? I'm sure it was a small distance but I was cringing. It just worries me for her safety.
The first time they never left the driveway, so no need for a car seat.. depending on how far they drove down their quiet, very little traffic, residential street, I'm also ok with her not being in one then, K&J are 4 houses down... I'm sure i'll get shit for this,but i think it was fine. Better than brooks "driving " in the parking lot.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”