Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by ja14 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
ja14 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: And let's not forget that he secretly wants to date Ellie. I mean, that's OBVIOUS!
I really hope this is a joke. If not, you're as delusional as Ellie.
I was joking, but even Cullen himself has said he thinks she hot...and that's weird.
I think the whole youtube crush thing was a joke in their group. I don't think they just randomly started talking about their friends like that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Sarai wrote:Idk about marrying for money, but I've wondered why Katie settled for him. If it wasn't for YouTube, he would have never been able to give her the life she was use to. Kelly married a lawyer, and Katie married a ??? who got very lucky with a YouTube channel. I wonder what he'll do after it's over.
He was handsome and she fell for him. She has indicated so in a very early vlog, where she also told she thought "yes that's the guy I want" when they first met and talked. You can also see they fit together really well on early photos of them. I've always had an idea why Katie was attracted to him. Cullen is a typical American handsome guy, on a side-note, he even has his eyes positioned closer together, which is typically American. And both the same level of prettiness/handsomeness, there's also a more abstract let's say DNA-attraction, I can't formulate well, but you can see it in their early pictures together. Cullen must have been sweet to her, have a similar, familiar frame of reference, and really love her, I believe as well.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sarai wrote:Idk about marrying for money, but I've wondered why Katie settled for him. If it wasn't for YouTube, he would have never been able to give her the life she was use to. Kelly married a lawyer, and Katie married a ??? who got very lucky with a YouTube channel. I wonder what he'll do after it's over.
I agree with this. I totally _don't_ believe Cullen married Katie for her money-- let's just make that clear. But I do think she was out of his league, and he lucked out getting her to fall in love with him. It's obvious that her family loves him, so I don't think they freaked out when she brought him home, but I do think that without YouTube, he wouldn't have been able to support her in the style to which she's accustomed. At least, not with her being able to stay at home.
And can I just say, we're the ones reaching, but y'all are coming to conclusions that only people who go to a school can love a team, and other things that no one has said? This is that "only working people's opinions matter" all over again. I don't think Cullen is a bad person. He annoys me, but that's all. It's obvious he and Katie love each other. They're one of the few couples that I believe really do. I think he did give the impression that he went to Alabama, but that is just my opinion. It doesn't make me a bad person for thinking that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

Since I kinda brought the Bama or not discussion up when I asked about school, I just wanna say I TOTALLY thought he was an alumni as well. I live in NJ though, where college teams don't mean much (but also enough we have Rutgers gear all over). I'm visiting my brother in TX right now and he's wearing his "Alabama red" shirt lmao, it is such a different world to me. I don't see Cullen as different for community, but I definitely assumed he was a student alongside Katie and the different cities meant hometowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbrooke1915
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jbrooke1915 »

Totally agree

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I don't think he was that lucky. It took a baby to make their channel profitable. If MG had not come along, I don't think the channel would have taken off.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Lovethesnark wrote:
I don't think he was that lucky. It took a baby to make their channel profitable. If MG had not come along, I don't think the channel would have taken off.
Yeah, I think Katie's family has been padding their bank account for YEARS! I'm sure they were paying her way through grad school. Cullen found himself a sugar momma!
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

I don't think there was a "if YouTube didn't pan out" plan for Cullen. I think they always planned for him to work part time gigs and then be a SAHD. They always planned for Katie to be the bread winner.

I know that I never planned on a career, because my husband and I decided together for me to stay home with the kids. I think they planned their future the same way.

All this "it's a good thing for YouTube because he couldn't have taken care of her to her standards otherwise" nonsense is sexist. He was never going to be That Guy. YouTube was just a bonus for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

^ that could be true, but Katie obviously has a preference to stay home. She's from a very traditional Southern family. I think if they did agree to that, it was more of a sacrifice she made, because she loves him. As soon as they could, she became a SAHM and got a mansion on a golf course lol
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I was watching some older vlogs from when Katie was pregnant and then when Gaines was around Brooks' age. I really miss the old house. :( I know not everyone liked the colors and such, but I loved everything about it. I do understand why they moved though since they're still growing their family.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sarai wrote:^ that could be true, but Katie obviously has a preference to stay home. She's from a very traditional Southern family. I think if they did agree to that, it was more of a sacrifice she made, because she loves him. As soon as they could, she became a SAHM and got a mansion on a golf course lol
Yeah, as far as I can tell, Katie hated working after Gaines was born. If Cullen hadn't gotten laid off, I think she would have wanted to stay home. I have never gotten the impression that she wants to work. It's not just the traditional gender roles-- she loves being a Mama and being at home with Gaines and Brooks. When YouTube tanks, I have a feeling it's going to be an issue for them which one has to go to work. They've both gotten used to being at home and not necessarily being irresponsible, but not having to be accountable to a boss.
And yes, it is sexist to say that he couldn't have supported her, but that's the culture _she_ comes from. Her mom was a SAHM with a successful husband, Kelly is married to a lawyer, and I don't think Katie really wanted to work after the baby she had so longed for was finally here.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

One more quick thing on the "Cullen married up" theme: I've said it before, but I really wonder what Granddoc is like behind the scenes. Because Jay and Cullen are both goofy, and have (to me) an immature sense of humor. They obviously make Katie and Kelly laugh though, and their wives love them. So I wonder if Granddoc has that same goofy sense of humor. A lot of doctors I worked with had dark senses of humor, but I knew some radiologists that were manchildren and loved pranking.
And I can't believe she thought he was handsome with that awful haircut! Ewwww. Just goes to show, there's no accounting for taste. Although, I had a friend once who wasn't handsome, but he was sweet and very funny. And the longer I knew him, the better looking I thought he was. So maybe his personality and nice eyes made her look past the hair

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

lmmomSD wrote:One more quick thing on the "Cullen married up" theme: I've said it before, but I really wonder what Granddoc is like behind the scenes. Because Jay and Cullen are both goofy, and have (to me) an immature sense of humor. They obviously make Katie and Kelly laugh though, and their wives love them. So I wonder if Granddoc has that same goofy sense of humor. A lot of doctors I worked with had dark senses of humor, but I knew some radiologists that were manchildren and loved pranking.
And I can't believe she thought he was handsome with that awful haircut! Ewwww. Just goes to show, there's no accounting for taste. Although, I had a friend once who wasn't handsome, but he was sweet and very funny. And the longer I knew him, the better looking I thought he was. So maybe his personality and nice eyes made her look past the hair

Ugh that haircut is the worst. I think everyone had that style in the south in the early 2000s. Thank goodness that trend never made it up north that I can remember. I remember watching some show on MTV back then about a high school football team from Texas and they all had that cut.

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

askeptichere wrote: Ugh that haircut is the worst. I think everyone had that style in the south in the early 2000s. Thank goodness that trend never made it up north that I can remember. I remember watching some show on MTV back then about a high school football team from Texas and they all had that cut.
It was actually Alabama (and their area now), which makes it even funnier. :lol:
Didn't Bennett have that hairstyle for a while? I guess some things never change.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:One more quick thing on the "Cullen married up" theme: I've said it before, but I really wonder what Granddoc is like behind the scenes. Because Jay and Cullen are both goofy, and have (to me) an immature sense of humor. They obviously make Katie and Kelly laugh though, and their wives love them. So I wonder if Granddoc has that same goofy sense of humor. A lot of doctors I worked with had dark senses of humor, but I knew some radiologists that were manchildren and loved pranking.

Ugh that haircut is the worst. I think everyone had that style in the south in the early 2000s. Thank goodness that trend never made it up north that I can remember. I remember watching some show on MTV back then about a high school football team from Texas and they all had that cut.

It looks like the psycho from "No Country for Old Men"

NotTheMama13
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NotTheMama13 »

I don't want to creep on their address, but for those who know Birmingham - are they in Vestavia Hills?

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Sarai wrote:
askeptichere wrote: Ugh that haircut is the worst. I think everyone had that style in the south in the early 2000s. Thank goodness that trend never made it up north that I can remember. I remember watching some show on MTV back then about a high school football team from Texas and they all had that cut.
It was actually Alabama (and their area now), which makes it even funnier. :lol:
Didn't Bennett have that hairstyle for a while? I guess some things never change.
Ha! Was it!? I think I saw it once. That's too funny.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

NotTheMama13 wrote:I don't want to creep on their address, but for those who know Birmingham - are they in Vestavia Hills?

nope
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I'm ready for pool weather! Seeing them at the pool in the vlog really makes me ready for summer. That's the one thing I wish we had done differently when we bought our current house. I wish our subdivision had a community pool. They are going to have so much fun there this year.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

Sarai wrote:

I went to high school in the area (I am around their age as well) and we always had a nickname for that hair style. I hated it and never thought it was cute on anyone. I am glad that style isn't as popular with kids around here now.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”