C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART #11

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Reading the YT rules it DOES SAY they have to disclose even product placements in videos. If you read through the rules, it says there is a 10 second "paid promotion" tag that shows up in the vlog!!! I am just sick and tired of the dishonesty!!!!!!!

THEY JUST LIE!
cosypenguin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cosypenguin »

bunny88 wrote:Yup regular TV shows have tons of product placements in them and they never have to disclose, either. At least in America. I don't know laws in other countries. Now if they recommend viewers to buy it or give a review of it, that is different, and I believe they have to disclose that. And they have to disclose if someone sponsors a video.
In the UK on TV, a symbol appears on live TV that has product placement but not on regular tv.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

I think they may have to disclose it to youtube and not necessarily the viewers? Did anyone else think Katie showing the gift from grandolly with the water marker and coloring book was product placement as well? Or is that my imagination?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's pretty clear that they have to disclose these things!

Again, straight from YT:

Use the paid promotion disclosure feature by following these instruction.
1. For any new or existing video that contains Paid Promotion, follow the steps above to check the "video contains paid promotion" box.
2. You'll see a second checkbox that says Help me inform viewers of paid promotion by adding a disclosure to this video. Additional disclosures for this video may be required under applicable laws.
3. Check this box to add a 10-second text disclosure on your video that says “Includes paid promotion."
4. Viewers will see this when they start watching the video on a computer or the latest version of the YouTube mobile app.
cosypenguin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cosypenguin »

pibachka wrote:I think they may have to disclose it to youtube and not necessarily the viewers? Did anyone else think Katie showing the gift from grandolly with the water marker and coloring book was product placement as well? Or is that my imagination?
I don't think it was, I think they just wanted to show gaines using it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Does product placement necessarily mean they were paid though? I personally don't really care that much about product placement, or brand deals in general that much.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ferriswheel wrote:Does product placement necessarily mean they were paid though? I personally don't really care that much about product placement, or brand deals in general that much.
Yep, they are totally getting paid!!!!
blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

Anyone else impressed that Cullen can still pull off those dives? I was. Granted, I know they aren't like technically precise anymore, like I'm sure they were when he was competing, but I'm impressed none the less
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

With all the brand deals, sponsored videos, and product placements, how unauthentic must their lives feel? It's their job, and it's how they pay their bills, but day in and day out promoting things you may or may not actually like, or need to constantly think about how you're framing your life in order to show the Oreos on your kitchen counter just so? At what point does YouTube start to become a real issue mentally and emotionally? If YouTube all of a sudden goes away, will some of these families really need to take some time to re-learn how to just live? I can imagine them still walking around narrating their life to no one, or having a bit of a panic that they don't have special products to talk about to fill their days. Maybe not C&K... at least not yet, but how much of their lives are dictated by YouTube and things they wouldn't actually ever use or do in actual real life? And that's just the adults. I don't even want to imagine what being filmed every day must be doing to these children.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

Here's what I think.

Number one, we all watch vloggers for entertainment purposes. This false sense you gave yourself about how relatable this family is or that family is, is just that, false.

Every single vlogging family that decided to pick up a camera and film their family did it with the ultimate goal of profiting off of it.

Ad's, Adsense, product placement, and getting free stuff is all part of the gig.

I have zero issue with any of it. This is how they make their living. If I enjoy watching it, I'm gonna watch it, I'm gonna watch it. I could care less how much money they are making off of it, just like I don't care how much money the actors in a movie, or a reality tv series are making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

whys0seri0us wrote:Here's what I think.

Number one, we all watch vloggers for entertainment purposes. This false sense you gave yourself about how relatable this family is or that family is, is just that, false.

Every single vlogging family that decided to pick up a camera and film their family did it with the ultimate goal of profiting off of it.

Ad's, Adsense, product placement, and getting free stuff is all part of the gig.

I have zero issue with any of it. This is how they make their living. If I enjoy watching it, I'm gonna watch it, I'm gonna watch it. I could care less how much money they are making off of it, just like I don't care how much money the actors in a movie, or a reality tv series are making.

I agree with you to a point, but these are people filming their actual lives, real babies, and young children. Actors and "reality" tv stars get to go home at the end of the day. The line begins to get blurred with daily vloggers. It's not like Gains is like the cartoon baby in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. When the cameras go off she doesn't start swearing and smoking a cigar. These ads and product placements can begin to infringe on their lives in a way that I don't think anyone really knows yet what the consequences might be.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:

I agree with you to a point, but these are people filming their actual lives, real babies, and young children. Actors and "reality" tv stars get to go home at the end of the day. The line begins to get blurred with daily vloggers. It's not like Gains is like the cartoon baby in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. When the cameras go off she doesn't start swearing and smoking a cigar. These ads and product placements can begin to infringe on their lives in a way that I don't think anyone really knows yet what the consequences might be.

But that's not up for us to decide or even worry about. Like I don't get why people get so mad because a box of mac and cheese is cleverly placed in the background so that you can clearly see the label. That's not infringing on their lives.

Also, at the end of the day, they do turn the camera off and go back to their normal lives.

If you think vloggers don't put on while they are on camera your nuts. Lol

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

whys0seri0us wrote:
askeptichere wrote:

But that's not up for us to decide or even worry about. Like I don't get why people get so mad because a box of mac and cheese is cleverly placed in the background so that you can clearly see the label. That's not infringing on their lives.

Also, at the end of the day, they do turn the camera off and go back to their normal lives.

I know what they vlog is not always 100% real, but for people like C&K to vlog DAILY for 5 years and not have it encroach on their "normal" lives is hard to believe. I know it's work, and I shouldn't worry about it, but I do. My daughter is almost the exact same age as MG. The day in, day out of constant sponsorships, brand deals, and product placements has got to have some effect on them. If they can live and vlog their entire lives for the world to see and keep those two worlds separate, good on them.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

I wish they weren't so shaky when they vlog.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
askeptichere wrote: I agree with you to a point, but these are people filming their actual lives, real babies, and young children. Actors and "reality" tv stars get to go home at the end of the day. The line begins to get blurred with daily vloggers. It's not like Gains is like the cartoon baby in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. When the cameras go off she doesn't start swearing and smoking a cigar. These ads and product placements can begin to infringe on their lives in a way that I don't think anyone really knows yet what the consequences might be.

I know what they vlog is not always 100% real, but for people like C&K to vlog DAILY for 5 years and not have it encroach on their "normal" lives is hard to believe. I know it's work, and I shouldn't worry about it, but I do. My daughter is almost the exact same age as MG. The day in, day out of constant sponsorships, brand deals, and product placements has got to have some effect on them. If they can live and vlog their entire lives for the world to see and keep those two worlds separate, good on them.
I guess I just don't see how it would. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

whys0seri0us wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote: But that's not up for us to decide or even worry about. Like I don't get why people get so mad because a box of mac and cheese is cleverly placed in the background so that you can clearly see the label. That's not infringing on their lives.

I guess I just don't see how it would. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

But that couple that divorced a few months ago blamed the vlogging for their marital problems. They said that they started vlogging their lives, and then the vlogs took over their lives. Everything became about content and getting views. Those children are on camera from the moment the pregnancy test turns positive.I think it's naive to think that vlogging wouldn't encroach upon your life. Everything is about views and subscribers. I can't count the times the Shaytards made the kids do something again that they had done, because the camera wasn't on. "How come you didn't vlog that?" Cullen brought the camera along on their 10th anniversary dinner, and everyone here thought that was just fine. I thought it was weird. His first response when Katie showed him the pregnancy test was "But we haven't started the vlog yet!" You tell me that is normal? He's got Gaines running around yelling "It's Caturday!", and spent a lot of time trying to get her to say "Welcome to the vlog". Ollie doesn't make eye contact with his dad. He looks at the camera. Everything is designed to get views. It is NOT a normal way to live, and of course it's going to change the way you approach things. When children hurt themselves, the first thing most vlogging parents do is grab the camera. My instinct would not be to film, but to comfort my child. Kelly and Katie made a big deal about spending time with their mom because life is short, etc. But they both had cameras in her face. You can't be in the moment and vlogging too.

And on the product placement thing, I am sure going to Lowe's was a product placement. He said he was "the home improvement store, Lowe's". Nobody talks like that. He usually goes to Home Depot. And Ellie was just at Lowe's too. They go in cycles. I don't care so much about product placement and ads, because I also agree that any "relatability" is an illusion. We see what they want us to see. Period. It may not be scripted, but it is definitely edited. For instance, have we ever seen Gaines in time out? But she obviously knows what it is. Very well. This is how they afford that big house, and the drones, and make their lives look so fun that we want to watch. So they show us what they want us to see, and what they think will get them more views and subscribers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:
askeptichere wrote: I know what they vlog is not always 100% real, but for people like C&K to vlog DAILY for 5 years and not have it encroach on their "normal" lives is hard to believe. I know it's work, and I shouldn't worry about it, but I do. My daughter is almost the exact same age as MG. The day in, day out of constant sponsorships, brand deals, and product placements has got to have some effect on them. If they can live and vlog their entire lives for the world to see and keep those two worlds separate, good on them.

But that couple that divorced a few months ago blamed the vlogging for their marital problems. They said that they started vlogging their lives, and then the vlogs took over their lives. Everything became about content and getting views. Those children are on camera from the moment the pregnancy test turns positive.I think it's naive to think that vlogging wouldn't encroach upon your life. Everything is about views and subscribers. I can't count the times the Shaytards made the kids do something again that they had done, because the camera wasn't on. "How come you didn't vlog that?" Cullen brought the camera along on their 10th anniversary dinner, and everyone here thought that was just fine. I thought it was weird. His first response when Katie showed him the pregnancy test was "But we haven't started the vlog yet!" You tell me that is normal? He's got Gaines running around yelling "It's Caturday!", and spent a lot of time trying to get her to say "Welcome to the vlog". Ollie doesn't make eye contact with his dad. He looks at the camera. Everything is designed to get views. It is NOT a normal way to live, and of course it's going to change the way you approach things. When children hurt themselves, the first thing most vlogging parents do is grab the camera. My instinct would not be to film, but to comfort my child. Kelly and Katie made a big deal about spending time with their mom because life is short, etc. But they both had cameras in her face. You can't be in the moment and vlogging too.

And on the product placement thing, I am sure going to Lowe's was a product placement. He said he was "the home improvement store, Lowe's". Nobody talks like that. He usually goes to Home Depot. And Ellie was just at Lowe's too. They go in cycles. I don't care so much about product placement and ads, because I also agree that any "relatability" is an illusion. We see what they want us to see. Period. It may not be scripted, but it is definitely edited. For instance, have we ever seen Gaines in time out? But she obviously knows what it is. Very well. This is how they afford that big house, and the drones, and make their lives look so fun that we want to watch. So they show us what they want us to see, and what they think will get them more views and subscribers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I definitely see your point about how the vlogging in general could become an issue. I think you have to have some serious boundaries when it comes to that. I just didn't get how the ads and stuff would be the primary problem.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I had to laugh watching today's vlog because just yesterday I thought to myself that I loved how they didn't put big ridiculous bows in Gaines hair all the time like most little girls in the south. She usually has something small and simple in her hair, which I think suits her well. I guess that's going to change since Katie said she's due for a size upgrade. Though I don't expect Katie to get those really big tacky bows with feathers and stones and glitter, so that's good. I find stuff like that so overwhelming. A simple ribbon bow is all a little kid needs.
jbrooke1915
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jbrooke1915 »

Their vlogs have been boring the hell out of me the past handful of days. I can't get through a single video without fast forwarding through most of it

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Ads and product placements absolutely affect things. Any time the camera is on they aren't living in the moment, they're focused on getting the best shot. Especially with ads and product placements because you have to make sure that it's done just so, enough to make it visible but not obvious. Think about all the ads they may have filmed with flubbed words or bad camera work, and must then do over and over again until it's done right. Imagine being a little kid and your parents are in a loop of repeating the same things over and over again, it would be very confusing.

Moments are manufactured based on ads, hell they did an entire month of "detox" and fitness solely to sell product. The day to day lives they're living, and that their children are growing up in, are scripted and manufactured based on what's popular on the internet and who is paying them this week. Anyone, especially someone who has a degree in child psychology, should be able to understand how that might make an impact on a young, developing child. Basing your kid's daily life around what will get you more views on youtube is the ultimate form of selling out.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”