Ellie's Favoritism

emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ellie's Favoritism

Unread post by emilynicole1435 »

I know there's probably too many things to list, but I think it would be useful to have a thread that backs up Ellie's favoritism of Calvin over Jackson; vlogs, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
Pamerfish
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Ellie's Favoritism

Unread post by Pamerfish »

Unfortunately, it's in every vlog now. Ellie doesn't try to hide it at all, and that makes my heart break for poor jackson :-(
ktrose1996
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ktrose1996 »

I don't think she favors him but baby's him. They were told Calvin would end in a miscarriage and didn't. I understand feeling over protective of him. I think she loves them both the same. Jackson is older (not by much) but he acts so independent for his age, while Calvin is as advanced as Jackson is or was at this age. When Jackson was Calvin's age he talked much more and was in a toddler bed younger then when they started Calvin in a toddler bed. Calvin is the baby of the family, and a huge momma's boy! Nothing wrong with that. Jackson doesn't feel less loved, and Ellie doesn't favorite either of her boys.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ktrose1996 wrote:I don't think she favors him but baby's him. They were told Calvin would end in a miscarriage and didn't. I understand feeling over protective of him. I think she loves them both the same. Jackson is older (not by much) but he acts so independent for his age, while Calvin is as advanced as Jackson is or was at this age. When Jackson was Calvin's age he talked much more and was in a toddler bed younger then when they started Calvin in a toddler bed. Calvin is the baby of the family, and a huge momma's boy! Nothing wrong with that. Jackson doesn't feel less loved, and Ellie doesn't favorite either of her boys.
It goes way beyond those things, but to your point about the toddler bed.... he didn't just go out and buy it himself. Jackson was in a toddler bed at an earlier age because more is expected of him earlier. Ellie decided he was a big boy the second Cal was born and started pushing him to be if independent. Cal could have been in a toddler bed just as early as Cal was if they parented the boys the same.
ktrose1996
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ktrose1996 »

It goes way beyond those things, but to your point about the toddler bed.... he didn't just go out and buy it himself. Jackson was in a toddler bed at an earlier age because more is expected of him earlier. Ellie decided he was a big boy the second Cal was born and started pushing him to be if independent. Cal could have been in a toddler bed just as early as Cal was if they parented the boys the same.[/quote]

All kids mature at a different pace. I think LOTS of parents push there first born to be independent. Parents tend to get so excited with first born's and rush them to grow because they are excited for them. I wish I could explain it better, but there is always a reason why the youngest is always called the baby. The parents tend to want them to not grow up. Ellie and Jared want more children. It will be interesting to see how them having a new baby effects Calvin. Back to the toddler beds, just because one kid is in it at a certain age doesn't mean another kid will be in it at a certain age. That goes for everything; walking, writing, talking, riding a bike (which Jackson mastered that at a very young age!). Seriously though I couldn't believe the video where he was riding a bike at only 2 years old! So insane!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But pretty much the minute she got pregnant with Calvin, Ellie started telling Jackson (who was her beloved baby up to that point) that he needed to be a "big boy". It wasn't that he matured at a different pace. They pushed him, but not in a healthy way. It's hard to describe. It wasn't like being excited. It was about only being able to have one "baby", so Jackson had to become a big boy. He didn't move into the toddler bed because he was showing signs of being ready. It was because it was time for him to grow up. I get your point about being excited to see first born child master milestones, and keep the younger one a "baby", but Ellie knew she wanted to have more children, so keeping Calvin a baby doesn't serve much of a purpose besides filling _Ellie's_ need to be cuddled and needed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ellie's Favoritism

Unread post by GymChick »

lmmomSD wrote:But pretty much the minute she got pregnant with Calvin, Ellie started telling Jackson (who was her beloved baby up to that point) that he needed to be a "big boy". It wasn't that he matured at a different pace. They pushed him, but not in a healthy way. It's hard to describe. It wasn't like being excited. It was about only being able to have one "baby", so Jackson had to become a big boy. He didn't move into the toddler bed because he was showing signs of being ready. It was because it was time for him to grow up. I get your point about being excited to see first born child master milestones, and keep the younger one a "baby", but Ellie knew she wanted to have more children, so keeping Calvin a baby doesn't serve much of a purpose besides filling _Ellie's_ need to be cuddled and needed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

^ yup. Ellie actually and surprisingly even admitted this in one of the blogs when they were visiting April and davey. I don't remember exactly, but I think she admitted that she pushed Jackson into growing up/into a toddler bed too early....didn't she say that she felt like she only wanted to have one baby/crib?...I was surprised that she actually had some insight into how she pushed Jackson into being a big boy way too early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ktrose1996 wrote:I don't think she favors him but baby's him. They were told Calvin would end in a miscarriage and didn't. I understand feeling over protective of him. I think she loves them both the same. Jackson is older (not by much) but he acts so independent for his age, while Calvin is as advanced as Jackson is or was at this age. When Jackson was Calvin's age he talked much more and was in a toddler bed younger then when they started Calvin in a toddler bed. Calvin is the baby of the family, and a huge momma's boy! Nothing wrong with that. Jackson doesn't feel less loved, and Ellie doesn't favorite either of her boys.
And just exactly how do you _know_ Jackson doesn't feel less loved? Do you have a special insight into his mind that we don't?
When Calvin was dancing, and turned upside down, Ellie and Jared made a big fuss over it. Immediately, Jackson did it too. He appeared to want the same attention. When they took the kids ice skating, Jackson was all over the place and doing an amazing job, especially for his age. Calvin used the supporter, and Ellie gushed over how well _Calvin_ did. Not a word about Jackson. It isn't something we came to the conclusion of quickly, but over two years of seeing how Ellie treats Jackson compared to how she did before Calvin was born, and since he was born.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Maelin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Maelin »

HelloSweetie wrote:
It goes way beyond those things, but to your point about the toddler bed.... he didn't just go out and buy it himself. Jackson was in a toddler bed at an earlier age because more is expected of him earlier. Ellie decided he was a big boy the second Cal was born and started pushing him to be if independent. Cal could have been in a toddler bed just as early as Cal was if they parented the boys the same.
I think you all may be forgetting that Jackson started climbing out of his crib, even on the lowest setting. It was unsafe to keep him in the crib. Calvin never tried to climb out.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Maelin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
I think you all may be forgetting that Jackson started climbing out of his crib, even on the lowest setting. It was unsafe to keep him in the crib. Calvin never tried to climb out.
Well he also slept with Ellie for the first year of his life.

As I said in my earlier post (in the part you evidentially ignored) there are multiple reasons for believing they play favourites. I'm guessing it would be wasting time to try and explain it to you, because you'd only try to explain how wrong we are. I'll save my breath.

If you think they treat both boys equally.... fantastic! You won't convince most of us here though.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”