BritneyandBabyAndHaircuts Part 25

Curtain06
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBabyAndHaircuts Part 25

Unread post by Curtain06 »

Yeah I'm sure the neurologist had his reasons for recommending it with his years of education behind him and all. I'd likely be taking his word in her situation too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
hahehihohu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hahehihohu »

ecf997 wrote:Something about the situation with the insurance doesn't totally add up to me. Anyone else feel this way? The age restriction thing doesn't really make sense, or at least, it doesn't in the way she explained it. I've never heard of this before. Does she mean they only administered the drug trials on children ages 5+, which is why Nolan can't legally have it yet? If so, wouldn't she have researched and anticipated this problem before applying for it to be covered, lessening the shock of this happening? And why does he need it RIGHT NOW? Granted, I don't know a lot about MD, but in the meantime, she can get rolling with physical and occupational therapy/early intervention, can't she?

I don't understand why it's so urgent that he start on steroids at age 3, especially if it isn't even medically tested to be safe yet.
This happens a lot with insurance companies, and I completely believe it. I also work for a clinical research organization. What happened is that the clinical trial was done on subjects that were all over the age of 5... not necessarily on purpose, but because it's very uncommon to be diagnosed before that point. Because of that limitation, the drug is only "approved" for patients over that age. It doesn't mean that it's unsafe to use earlier (most drugs on the market haven't been tested on children), and it's extremely unlikely that another clinical trial will be done on these steroids specifically for this drug and that age group.

The steroids are very expensive. The insurance company is using this as an excuse to not have to pay, not because they have safety concerns. It's not a legal issue—if it was, she wouldn't have the option of paying out of pocket at all.

As for why it's so urgent... imagine that you have terminal cancer, and there's a drug you can take that could slow the progression so your quality of life doesn't decline as rapidly. It won't cure anything, but it might give you a few more years at your current quality of life. Then your insurance company tells you that they won't cover that drug until you've been through several rounds of chemotherapy (which will drastically lower your quality of life). You'd still get it, sure, but wouldn't you rather try it sooner?
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

hahehihohu wrote:
ecf997 wrote:Something about the situation with the insurance doesn't totally add up to me. Anyone else feel this way? The age restriction thing doesn't really make sense, or at least, it doesn't in the way she explained it. I've never heard of this before. Does she mean they only administered the drug trials on children ages 5+, which is why Nolan can't legally have it yet? If so, wouldn't she have researched and anticipated this problem before applying for it to be covered, lessening the shock of this happening? And why does he need it RIGHT NOW? Granted, I don't know a lot about MD, but in the meantime, she can get rolling with physical and occupational therapy/early intervention, can't she?

I don't understand why it's so urgent that he start on steroids at age 3, especially if it isn't even medically tested to be safe yet.
This happens a lot with insurance companies, and I completely believe it. I also work for a clinical research organization. What happened is that the clinical trial was done on subjects that were all over the age of 5... not necessarily on purpose, but because it's very uncommon to be diagnosed before that point. Because of that limitation, the drug is only "approved" for patients over that age. It doesn't mean that it's unsafe to use earlier (most drugs on the market haven't been tested on children), and it's extremely unlikely that another clinical trial will be done on these steroids specifically for this drug and that age group.

The steroids are very expensive. The insurance company is using this as an excuse to not have to pay, not because they have safety concerns. It's not a legal issue—if it was, she wouldn't have the option of paying out of pocket at all.

As for why it's so urgent... imagine that you have terminal cancer, and there's a drug you can take that could slow the progression so your quality of life doesn't decline as rapidly. It won't cure anything, but it might give you a few more years at your current quality of life. Then your insurance company tells you that they won't cover that drug until you've been through several rounds of chemotherapy (which will drastically lower your quality of life). You'd still get it, sure, but wouldn't you rather try it sooner?
Yeah, no, I never didn't believe Britney or anything. I think because she was very emotionally exhausted and stressed when filming the video, she explained it in a way that sounded a little jumbled/disorganized. Which is understandable. The part I didn't understand was the urgency (she didn't explain this part fully), though I can see why she'd want to start early now.
Britxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Britxo »

Why did she receive a huge box from Tarte cosmetics? She's no beauty guru. She does her makeup average at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

She acknowledges that she feels like she should see a therapist, yet she doesn't.

She should've gotten one when she was diagnosed with depression, when Nolan was diagnosed with DMD, etc.

She claims YouTube is her outlet, yet she only feels comfortable talking about her A/C breaking and Nolan's medical conditions. She could talk about it ALL in a therapist's office. YouTube is not going to prescribe medication, or teach her coping techniques, or give her professional counseling.

She talks very vaguely about how her and Ean were in a big fight, and then says that she, nor Ean, like to have their relationships aired out to YouTube.. so why even bright up in the slightest that there are issues or that you were fighting? If that was my spouse, and I've said please don't talk about our relationship online, anything else but that, and they went out and said "we were in a big fight that day" I'd definitely get a little annoyed.

She needs to take charge. If she feels like she needs a therapist, she should go get one. It could do wonders for her than a camera.

applebutter_dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by applebutter_dreams »

I am really surprised at how hard people are being on her.

Ean: That relationship will never last. I think he will always be a father to his children, but he will not stay with Britney. He is with her because he thinks that it is the right thing to do, but I think he feels a lot of resentment. He works really hard to provide for his family, and then B makes videos and makes just as much if not more than he does. That is probably pretty damaging to his ego. Not to mention her spending habits. If they got into a fight about cups, I know that her spending bothers him. He probably feels like he doesn't even get a say in how their money is spent.

Then there is the marriage issue. He's not marrying her because he is young and he doesn't see himself settling down yet. He got this girl pregnant and then she trapped him, not once, not twice but THREE times. I have no sympathy for him. He should have wrapped it up. I think that Harlow was a fix it baby... a last resort at trying to fix all of their issues. But that will come back to bite them.

As for her mom, she is probably a narcissist and it is a good decision to cut her out. That is not an easy thing to do and if she did, she must have had good reason.

And the steroids... he is a little boy. He will die. He will most likely not survive beyond his teen years. So how can anyone fault her for wanting to have as many good years as possible? That is why she wants the steroids, and I do not blame her one bit. Her insurance company is an asshole.

And as for the makeup... thinking that your child will not have as long as you originally thought is devestating. Why bring her down for trying to find little bits of happiness? That's all any of us can do sometimes.
In the end, we're all just dreams...
:love2:
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

booboo2017 wrote:

I agree. Why start him at 3 if he isn't showing signs of declining and if it's usually for 5 year olds and up why give it to him at 3?
It's to help slow down the progression of his muscles stiffening up. Nolan has a rare type of DMD and they don't know how long he has until he starts to deteriorate. So they want to start him on the steroids as soon as possible to give him the best chance of being mobile for as long as possible.

A friend of ours is going through something similar with her son, he has cystic fibrosis and there is a drug that helps with thinning the mucus around the lungs, medically it can be given to him (he recently turned 1) but it isn't covered before the age of 5. It costs $300,000 a year to access the drugs. And this is in Australia, where we have much better healthcare than America.

It isn't fair that any child should be denied medical care because they aren't a certain age. Who's to say a 5yo is in more need for medication than a 4.5yo? That 6 months can make a huge difference when dealing with life threatening illnesses or conditions.

pennyajdg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pennyajdg »

I feel bad for her and at the same time, it's like girl grow up and welcome to adulthood, you have three kids crazy stuff is going to happen.
I really hope she sees a therapist because being overwhelmed with a baby and a sick child is not good.

I have never seen the chemistry between her and Ean and I kind of see her having all those kids to tie him to her forever. I just keep seeing that train wreck engagement and all those cringe worthy videos she used to do talking about them breaking up in the past. I wonder if the problem they are having is that he still won't marry her

I feel worst for poor Nolan, hope they repeal and can get his meds under insurance.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Unless anyone here has a child with Duchenne's dystrophy, then it is ridiculous to speculate on Nolan's treatment even if this is a gossip site. What Britney means is that the FDA has only approved the drug for 5 years and older. That doesn't mean the doctors can't prescribe it to younger children. But insurance companies usually will not cover drugs for unapproved usage. However ,evidently, it is the opinion of Nolan's neurologist that this drug would benefit Nolan if started now. (And how can anybody challenge this; any neurologists in this gossip site?!) This drug could slow down his decline, keep him mobile longer, and allow him to live longer. And it may do so without the bad side effects of weight gain and behavior changes.

I feel terrible for Britany and Ean. They are so young and they have a hard journey ahead of them that will ultimately result in Nolan's death. And a disease like Duchenne's can rip couples apart. I only hope they hang together.
hahehihohu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hahehihohu »

staceybrax wrote:
booboo2017 wrote:

I agree. Why start him at 3 if he isn't showing signs of declining and if it's usually for 5 year olds and up why give it to him at 3?
It's to help slow down the progression of his muscles stiffening up. Nolan has a rare type of DMD and they don't know how long he has until he starts to deteriorate. So they want to start him on the steroids as soon as possible to give him the best chance of being mobile for as long as possible.

A friend of ours is going through something similar with her son, he has cystic fibrosis and there is a drug that helps with thinning the mucus around the lungs, medically it can be given to him (he recently turned 1) but it isn't covered before the age of 5. It costs $300,000 a year to access the drugs. And this is in Australia, where we have much better healthcare than America.

It isn't fair that any child should be denied medical care because they aren't a certain age. Who's to say a 5yo is in more need for medication than a 4.5yo? That 6 months can make a huge difference when dealing with life threatening illnesses or conditions.

Just piggybacking on this to add that she's already mentioned seeing signs of him deteriorating. I don't remember which vlog specifically, but one of her examples was that he has a weird way of standing up because of muscle weakness.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

applebutter_dreams wrote:And the steroids... he is a little boy. He will die. He will most likely not survive beyond his teen years. So how can anyone fault her for wanting to have as many good years as possible? That is why she wants the steroids, and I do not blame her one bit. Her insurance company is an asshole.
Who's faulting her for this?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

V commented on B's latest video and the comments are entertaining. ;)
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

olemama wrote:

Unless anyone here has a child with Duchenne's dystrophy, then it is ridiculous to speculate on Nolan's treatment even if this is a gossip site. What Britney means is that the FDA has only approved the drug for 5 years and older. That doesn't mean the doctors can't prescribe it to younger children. But insurance companies usually will not cover drugs for unapproved usage. However ,evidently, it is the opinion of Nolan's neurologist that this drug would benefit Nolan if started now. (And how can anybody challenge this; any neurologists in this gossip site?!) This drug could slow down his decline, keep him mobile longer, and allow him to live longer. And it may do so without the bad side effects of weight gain and behavior changes.

I feel terrible for Britany and Ean. They are so young and they have a hard journey ahead of them that will ultimately result in Nolan's death. And a disease like Duchenne's can rip couples apart. I only hope they hang together.
Oh my god :roll:. Did you not see my reply to this comment?

"Yeah, no, I never didn't believe Britney or anything. I think because she was very emotionally exhausted and stressed when filming the video, she explained it in a way that sounded a little jumbled/disorganized. Which is understandable. The part I didn't understand was the urgency (she didn't explain this part fully), though I can see why she'd want to start early now."

I never "speculated on his treatment". When I said it doesn't add up, I meant that her explanation didn't completely make sense to me given how stressed and rambly she was in the video. Not that I thought she was lying or that I somehow know how insurance companies operate. I'm not a medical professional and never claimed to be, Debbie Doogooder.
LonelyTown
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LonelyTown »

nutbagmcgee wrote:V commented on B's latest video and the comments are entertaining. ;)
What'd she say
js2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by js2013 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:V commented on B's latest video and the comments are entertaining. ;)
Yes!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
user123_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by user123_ »

I don't see the issue with her potentially accepting go fund me money for his treatment.
If people want to donate to help Britney and Ean, God bless.
Nobody would be forcing anyone to give.
user123_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by user123_ »

Or she can start a patreon which alot of YouTubers have. It's like a monthy subscription fee to support content creators that you enjoy.

Britney could use the money she earns for the medical bills.

There are probably thousands of people who want to help Nolan, why not accept the help?
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

user123_ wrote:I don't see the issue with her potentially accepting go fund me money for his treatment.
If people want to donate to help Britney and Ean, God bless.
Nobody would be forcing anyone to give.
I feel like she would use of it for her stupid target trips. She probably wouldn't be able to help herself because Target.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

"Just an FYI Britney and Vanessa are pretty much best friends". That my dear is where you are confused. They are frenimies. Deep down they hate each other but continue to be cordial for the views

Return to “Britneyandbaby”